Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216675 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253830 Sep 5, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I sure agree with you. Like - how can ANYONE claim to know what, if anything at all, occurs to any individual after death? It's 100% speculation, since not one person ever died and came back to tell of any "after death" tales. And the main reason I think it's been made up is because humans are so self-absorbed and convinced that they're so damn important they simply cannot return to nothingness like they were before birth. We refuse to believe we are no more important than a blade of grass.
Non-human animals also dream, but I doubt that "for instance" monkeys dream of going to a monkey heaven, where only their type of monkeys will be rewarded with eternal bliss and other types of monkeys will spend eternity in hell.

I suggest that only humans are that arrogant. And why people believe they "should" be rewarded for such arrogance is beyond me.

If I was in charge up there in the sky, those that presume they are at the top of my list would find their selves at the bottom, as I would remind them who really IS in charge of the SHOW!

:)

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253831 Sep 5, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text> The Three Marks of Existence are impermanence, suffering, and not-self.
Do you not realize that human-selves created all that religious dogmatic drivel because they wanted followers to believe the drivel?

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253832 Sep 5, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have to admit that a lot of what he is saying is more truthful than that which his detractors are telling their followers.
If the catholics can receive christ into themselves my mouth at mass why can't this dude have similarly bonded with and become christ.
It is all a game of beggar the poor, the thoughtless, the gullible and the uninformed.
Believer beware!
I suggest that the new Jesus con-artist caught that idea from the modern Pagans that now claim the goddess loves everybody without any conditions whatsoever.

He saw that young people are flocking to Wicca and he wanted some of that action and especially the money for his self.

What better scam could he have devised than to tell his followers that there is no more sin, no hell, no worries, as everybody will be loved in the "hereafter" for eternity?

His good looks don't hurt his scam either, as I suggest that if he was comparable to the hunchback of Notre Dame, he would not have a following whatsoever, as people expect their Jesus to be a handsome dude, and they won't settle for less.

http://www.google.ca/imgres...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253833 Sep 5, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I sure agree with you. Like - how can ANYONE claim to know what, if anything at all, occurs to any individual after death? It's 100% speculation, since not one person ever died and came back to tell of any "after death" tales. And the main reason I think it's been made up is because humans are so self-absorbed and convinced that they're so damn important they simply cannot return to nothingness like they were before birth. We refuse to believe we are no more important than a blade of grass.
Jesus came back.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253834 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a character named Jesus even lived. I believe the character was made up by Catholic theologians as in a staged play, and that the theologians put words into the character's mouth.
According to some myths, if you keep on lying, your nose is going to grow.
:)
What about the historic refrences to Him.

Plus there were thousands of followers of Christ before there were Catholics. If you are right nobody would have heard of Jesus until the fourth century.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253835 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the historic refrences to Him.
Plus there were thousands of followers of Christ before there were Catholics. If you are right nobody would have heard of Jesus until the fourth century.
You just ignore what I post ... but I will try again.

From what I have studied, Catholics were the first ex-Jews to use the term Christian and they STARTED compiling data in the first century which would later be compiled in the new testament.

The word Jesus was a Catholic creation and they wrote that all people on earth had to BE of the Catholic faith to be saved.

And you believed them.

So why are you NOW taking a stance that claims the Catholics "weren't" the first to USE the term Christian? Are you now claiming that the Catholics LIED?

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253836 Sep 5, 2013
I expect that MY savior will be black. After all, If the human race started out as blacks in Africa ... it would only be fair from my perspective that the savior will also be black.

I haven't decided on its gender, nor have I picked a name for her or him yet, but that will come in "due" time. And when the amazing happening occurs you can bet his or her name will be super-HOLY. I will write it, so it has to BE true.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253837 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came back.
:)

You keep ignoring my posts, asking you WHY you don't believe that other savior-gods and sons of savior-gods in other religions are also REAL.

You can stamp your feet and demand that Jesus came back already ... but you have nothing for proof of such activity. All that blarney about your preferential savior ... Jesus ... lives ONLY in your over-active imagination.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253838 Sep 5, 2013
Christians never seemed to have the common sense to ask why a Jewish god would send his only beloved Jewish son to earth to be murdered, so that only Christians could be rewarded with eternal bliss in a hereafter.

Jews were left right OUT of that salvation picture and yet the savior his self is made out to be a faithful Jew.

Humans are idiots.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253839 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came back.
Where on earth did he appear???

I want PROOF of his visit ... NOT your over-indulged speculation.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253840 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus there were thousands of followers of Christ before there were Catholics.
If you honestly believe this is true ... then you are siding with those such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, who seem to believe that the Catholics were and are liars that took the real message of Jesus off into blasphemy, and that the Jehovah's Witnesses recognize the REAL message of Jesus.

Of course Joseph Smith of the Mormon sect also made the claim that he restored the gospel to it's original TRUTH.

Such idiocy is alive and unwell all over planet earth.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253841 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just ignore what I post ... but I will try again.
From what I have studied, Catholics were the first ex-Jews to use the term Christian and they STARTED compiling data in the first century which would later be compiled in the new testament.
The word Jesus was a Catholic creation and they wrote that all people on earth had to BE of the Catholic faith to be saved.
And you believed them.
So why are you NOW taking a stance that claims the Catholics "weren't" the first to USE the term Christian? Are you now claiming that the Catholics LIED?
There were no Catholics in the first century. Say something truthful and I will respond.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253842 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where on earth did he appear???
I want PROOF of his visit ... NOT your over-indulged speculation.
He appeared to many and it was written about long before the bible was compulated.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253843 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
You keep ignoring my posts, asking you WHY you don't believe that other savior-gods and sons of savior-gods in other religions are also REAL.
You can stamp your feet and demand that Jesus came back already ... but you have nothing for proof of such activity. All that blarney about your preferential savior ... Jesus ... lives ONLY in your over-active imagination.
If you would study the evidence I would provide it but that is a waste of time.

You know it was women who discovered His empty tomb and even the writings of the early Jews admit that the tomb was indeed empty three days after the execution.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253844 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians never seemed to have the common sense to ask why a Jewish god would send his only beloved Jewish son to earth to be murdered, so that only Christians could be rewarded with eternal bliss in a hereafter.
Jews were left right OUT of that salvation picture and yet the savior his self is made out to be a faithful Jew.
Humans are idiots.
You do remember that the Jews rejected Jesus, right?
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#253845 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians never seemed to have the common sense to ask why a Jewish god would send his only beloved Jewish son to earth to be murdered, so that only Christians could be rewarded with eternal bliss in a hereafter.
Jews were left right OUT of that salvation picture and yet the savior his self is made out to be a faithful Jew.
Humans are idiots.
Hinduism is the dominant religion of the Indian subcontinent, particularly of India and Nepal. It includes Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Smartism among numerous other traditions. Among other practices and philosophies, Hinduism includes a wide spectrum of laws and prescriptions of "daily morality" based on karma, dharma, and societal norms. Hinduism is a categorisation of distinct intellectual or philosophical points of view, rather than a rigid, common set of beliefs.
Besides being one of the world's numerically largest faiths, Hinduism is also the oldest living major tradition on earth with roots reaching back into prehistory. It is described as both the oldest of the world's religions and the most diverse.
Hinduism has been variously defined as a religion, a religious tradition, and a set of religious beliefs.
Hinduism does not have a "unified system of belief encoded in a declaration of faith or a creed", but is rather an umbrella term comprising the plurality of religious phenomena originating in, and based on, the Vedic traditions.
Problems with a single definition of the term 'Hinduism' are often attributed to the fact that Hinduism does not have a single historical founder. Also, Hinduism, or as some say 'Hinduisms', does not have a single system of salvation; each sect or denomination has different goals. According to the Supreme Court of India, "Unlike other religions in the World, the Hindu religion does not claim any one Prophet, it does not worship any one God, it does not believe in any one philosophic concept, it does not follow any one act of religious rites or performances; in fact, it does not satisfy the traditional features of a religion or creed. It is a way of life and nothing more".
Most Hindu traditions revere a body of religious or sacred literature, the Vedas, although there are exceptions. Some Hindu religious traditions regard particular rituals as essential for salvation, but a variety of views on this co-exist. Some Hindu philosophies postulate a theistic ontology of creation, of sustenance, and of the destruction of the universe, yet some Hindus are atheists. Hinduism is sometimes characterized by a belief in reincarnation (samsara) determined by the law of karma and the idea that salvation is freedom from this cycle of repeated birth and death. However, other religions of the region, such as Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism, also believe in karma, outside the scope of Hinduism. Hinduism is therefore viewed as the most complex of all the living, historical world religions.
The identification of Hinduism as an independent religion separate from Buddhism or Jainism consequently hinges on the affirmation of its adherents that it is such.
Hinduism grants absolute and complete freedom of belief and worship. Hinduism conceives the whole world as a single family that deifies the one truth, and therefore it accepts all forms of beliefs and dismisses labels of distinct religions which would imply a division of identity. Hence, Hinduism is devoid of the concepts of apostasy, heresy and blasphemy.
The Rig Veda, the oldest scripture and the mainstay of Hindu philosophy does not take a restrictive view on the fundamental question of God and the creation of universe. It rather lets the individual seek and discover answers in the quest of life.
Nasadiya Sukta (Creation Hymn) of the Rig Veda thus says:
Who really knows?
Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253846 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do remember that the Jews rejected Jesus, right?
Yes I do ... because they believed he was a faked messiah written into the new testament by ex-Jew Catholics.

The faithful to Judaism Jews still believe the same ... and I agree with them.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253847 Sep 5, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinduism is the dominant religion of the Indian subcontinent, particularly of India and Nepal. It includes Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Smartism among numerous other traditions. Among other practices and philosophies, Hinduism includes a wide spectrum of laws and prescriptions of "daily morality" based on karma, dharma, and societal norms. Hinduism is a categorisation of distinct intellectual or philosophical points of view, rather than a rigid, common set of beliefs.
Besides being one of the world's numerically largest faiths, Hinduism is also the oldest living major tradition on earth with roots reaching back into prehistory. It is described as both the oldest of the world's religions and the most diverse.
Hinduism has been variously defined as a religion, a religious tradition, and a set of religious beliefs.
Hinduism does not have a "unified system of belief encoded in a declaration of faith or a creed", but is rather an umbrella term comprising the plurality of religious phenomena originating in, and based on, the Vedic traditions.
Problems with a single definition of the term 'Hinduism' are often attributed to the fact that Hinduism does not have a single historical founder. Also, Hinduism, or as some say 'Hinduisms', does not have a single system of salvation; each sect or denomination has different goals. According to the Supreme Court of India, "Unlike other religions in the World, the Hindu religion does not claim any one Prophet, it does not worship any one God, it does not believe in any one philosophic concept, it does not follow any one act of religious rites or performances; in fact, it does not satisfy the traditional features of a religion or creed. It is a way of life and nothing more".
Most Hindu traditions revere a body of religious or sacred literature, the Vedas, although there are exceptions. Some Hindu religious traditions regard particular rituals as essential for salvation, but a variety of views on this co-exist. Some Hindu philosophies postulate a theistic ontology of creation, of sustenance, and of the destruction of the universe, yet some Hindus are atheists. Hinduism is sometimes characterized by a belief in reincarnation (samsara) determined by the law of karma and the idea that salvation is freedom from this cycle of repeated birth and death. However, other religions of the region, such as Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism, also believe in karma, outside the scope of Hinduism. Hinduism is therefore viewed as the most complex of all the living, historical world religions.
The identification of Hinduism as an independent religion separate from Buddhism or Jainism consequently hinges on the affirmation of its adherents that it is such.
Hinduism grants absolute and complete freedom of belief and worship. Hinduism conceives the whole world as a single family that deifies the one truth, and therefore it accepts all forms of beliefs and dismisses labels of distinct religions which would imply a division of identity. Hence, Hinduism is devoid of the concepts of apostasy, heresy and blasphemy.
The Rig Veda, the oldest scripture and the mainstay of Hindu philosophy does not take a restrictive view on the fundamental question of God and the creation of universe. It rather lets the individual seek and discover answers in the quest of life.
Nasadiya Sukta (Creation Hymn) of the Rig Veda thus says:
Who really knows?
Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?
Why are regurgitating more words from yet more theologians in more religions?

I suggest religion was and is all bunk.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253848 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no Catholics in the first century. Say something truthful and I will respond.
Whatever they called their selves is not important to me. They were all break-away Jews intent on straying away from Judaism.

Those were the Christians ... some of which ultimately were given full power as Catholics in the fourth century by the Roman emperor Constantine.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253849 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He appeared to many
As Santa Claus "appears" in the mentality of gullible little children ... who later believe that Santa is but a myth.

Had Christians not been taught that Jesus was real, they would not believe he WAS and IS real.

Indoctrination was the cause and the result is stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers: Faith-based adoption groups can spur... 2 min Sick of Bigots an... 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Rose_NoHo 5,594
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... (May '15) 1 hr EdmondWA 84
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 48,063
News United Airlines bars gay man from taking a oees... 1 hr Wondering 22
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 163
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Tony 61,390
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr President DonJ Trump 25,310
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 11 hr Richie 69,522
More from around the web