Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216673 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#253792 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are partly correct. The concept of hell to the Greeks and Jews was a place of death. Christians believe that doesn't have to be 'the end' of our lives.
Hell was and is (in all religions) punishment for not belonging to the correct religion and for not following the teachings of the theologians that just happened to be in power at any particular era.

In case you hadn't noticed ... your Catholic theologians never agreed with each other on the meanings of supposed truth ... yet they all claimed from their own guide-LINES that they all "preached" truth.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253793 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what Christians or Muslims believe?
Because I listen to their words.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253794 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that some preachers of religion are now Atheists and yet are still preaching in churches as though they still believe in a god ... ought to be a warning to you that you could be sitting in pews of churches putting faith in the words of liars that don't even believe in what THEY are preaching.
And for first putting faith in the idea that you would be saved while other go to hell ... I suggest more lies are all that you deserve.
I need no warnings. If some people lose their faith it doesn't affect me. I have questioned and struggled and in the end I believe that there is a God and it is a personal relationship.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253795 Sep 4, 2013
Pope Formosus was taken out of his tomb and ridiculed by the new pope who was disenchanted with the teachings of the previous pope Formosus.

Ridiculous people!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Cadaver synod

Probably around January 897, Stephen (VI) VII ordered that the corpse of his predecessor Formosus be removed from its tomb and brought to the papal court for judgement. With the corpse propped up on a throne, a deacon was appointed to answer for the deceased pontiff.

Formosus was accused of transmigrating sees in violation of canon law, of perjury, and of serving as a bishop while actually a layman. Eventually, the corpse was found guilty. Liutprand and other sources say that Stephen had the corpse stripped of its papal vestments, cut off the three fingers of his right hand used for blessings, and declared all of his acts and ordinations (including his ordination of Stephen (VI) VII as bishop of Anagni) invalid. The body was finally interred in a graveyard for foreigners, only to be dug up once again, tied to weights, and cast into the Tiber River.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

Williams Lake, Canada

#253796 Sep 4, 2013
Religion is all about being put under one or another spell of the crafty theologians ... SET on owning your brains.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

enchanted past participle, past tense of en·chant (Verb)

Verb

1.Fill (someone) with great delight; charm.
2.Put (someone or something) under a spell.

https://www.google.ca/#q=enchanted+definition

Williams Lake, Canada

#253797 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I need no warnings. If some people lose their faith it doesn't affect me. I have questioned and struggled and in the end I believe that there is a God and it is a personal relationship.
Your relationship is personal to you, as you have faith that YOU are worthy of eternal bliss and others deserve a hell for their eternity.

I have faith that your faith is supported by nothing but your ego.

You are a sort of a shill working on behalf of Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

shill

/SHil/

Noun

An accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

https://www.google.ca/#q=shill+definition

Williams Lake, Canada

#253798 Sep 4, 2013
The fact that I won't buy into ANY theology irritates those who place HIGH value on ONLY their own preferential theologies.

It's a very transparent GAME and lacks in any moral conduct whatsoever.

"You are vile and evil if you don't belong to my religion ... but 'I' am holy for belonging to ONLY my own religion."

That is the song and dance I get from all people who favor only the dogmas in their own religions.

Ink is but one example of such conduct.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253799 Sep 4, 2013
When you choose to see the double-talk ... it's there for all to see.

Ink claims that Jesus loves everybody. But Christianity teaches that the love is very conditionally, and that you must be a Catholic to be saved from HELL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Post # 221563 Page # 9701

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your own Christian dogma, burning in the flames of hell is the punishment.

Ink’s response

That is probably true for truly evil people who hurt others without remorse or care.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253800 Sep 4, 2013
conditional

Williams Lake, Canada

#253801 Sep 4, 2013
Crazy theology

Had Jesus lived he believed that hell was a good thing. Had he not, he would have criticized his father by saying that hell was/is not about forgiveness and not about LOVE. Had he been of a moral character he would not have put up with his own father's lies.

However ... I suggest there is no god and the new testament was all based on the lies of Catholic theologians ... with much of the theology stolen from Judaism and morphed into dogma ultimately unrecognizable as stemming FROM Judaism.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253802 Sep 4, 2013
NO two religions are any more opposite than are Judaism and Catholicism.

That didn't happen in an instant. It happened over time, as the ex-Jew Catholics morphed Judaism into a religion unrecognizable to the faithful Jews.

By the fourth century when the new testament was completed ... Judaism was reviled as old lies and Catholicism was taught as the NEW and ONLY truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253803 Sep 4, 2013
It took time and many lies to create new religions ... but all theologians had heavy investments, as their comfortable livelihoods depended on how creative they were with spreading their lies.

My guess is ... all successful theologians were exceptional at speaking ... very adept at convincing others to follow, and in turn fight in the idea that one god or another approved of the fighting.

For the most part the theologians didn't go to war ... as they were busy keeping the wars fueled with followers, eager to fight, kill others, and die as supposed martyrs while being held in mental bondage (hypnosis) by words of the individual theologians on all sides of their dogmatic and literal fences.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

A religious war (or "Holy War", Latin bellum sacrum) is a war caused by, or justified by, differences in religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

Williams Lake, Canada

#253804 Sep 4, 2013
It was as simple for theologians as saying ... "Go fight the enemy and you will make "god" very proud."

Train them up when they are children and they will ... for the most part ... follow.

As a child I would only follow to the extent of no belief in hell. That was the start of my belief that theologians had lied. I believed that a creator of love and perfection would not agree with allowing a hell or evil or a devil to exist.

It made no sense.

Now, religion as a whole makes no sense to me.

I suggest that if you trust any theologians to be tellers of truth, it is ONLY because you bought their personalized lies ... period!
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253805 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell was and is (in all religions) punishment for not belonging to the correct religion and for not following the teachings of the theologians that just happened to be in power at any particular era.
In case you hadn't noticed ... your Catholic theologians never agreed with each other on the meanings of supposed truth ... yet they all claimed from their own guide-LINES that they all "preached" truth.
Hell in most religions is where you go after you die. It isn't considered punishment in most religions.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253806 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It was as simple for theologians as saying ... "Go fight the enemy and you will make "god" very proud."
Train them up when they are children and they will ... for the most part ... follow.
As a child I would only follow to the extent of no belief in hell. That was the start of my belief that theologians had lied. I believed that a creator of love and perfection would not agree with allowing a hell or evil or a devil to exist.
It made no sense.
Now, religion as a whole makes no sense to me.
I suggest that if you trust any theologians to be tellers of truth, it is ONLY because you bought their personalized lies ... period!
Don't you know by now that there are powerful people and not neccessarily religious, who will wield that power over the powerless for their own benefit.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253807 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
NO two religions are any more opposite than are Judaism and Catholicism.
That didn't happen in an instant. It happened over time, as the ex-Jew Catholics morphed Judaism into a religion unrecognizable to the faithful Jews.
By the fourth century when the new testament was completed ... Judaism was reviled as old lies and Catholicism was taught as the NEW and ONLY truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..
Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.
What in Judaism was revealed as old lies to Catholics? Please answer this question.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253808 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your relationship is personal to you, as you have faith that YOU are worthy of eternal bliss and others deserve a hell for their eternity.
I have faith that your faith is supported by nothing but your ego.
You are a sort of a shill working on behalf of Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>
shill
/SHil/
Noun
An accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
https://www.google.ca/#q=shill+definition
I see you have gone off the deep end again. And you were actually sounding sane for a bit.

Williams Lake, Canada

#253809 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell in most religions is where you go after you die. It isn't considered punishment in most religions.
Christianity is very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).

Williams Lake, Canada

#253810 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What in Judaism was revealed as old lies to Catholics?
Judaism it's self!

If they had placed value on Judaism, they would not have jumped the gun to vilify Jews that were faithful to Judaism and in turn become ex-Jew Catholics. They would still be Jews practicing in synagogues.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253811 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.
Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).
According to you, Christianity is to blame for everything wrong in the world or your life. Floods, fire, poverty, avalanches, volcanos, pestilance, disease, aphids and mosquitos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanks BIG BOSS MAN 6 min Rudy 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 min Frankie Rizzo 25,661
News 1 step forward, 2 steps back for LBGT rights in... 18 min Captain Underpants 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 18 min Rose_NoHo 6,158
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 49 min Jay _ the ICON 38
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 49,440
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,572
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 3 hr Imprtnrd 41
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 11 hr NE Qbert 69,531
More from around the web