Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252815 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So that absolves you of ALL responsibility for the reproductive choices YOU would make for other people? Talk the talk but walk the walk? Hypocrite
I need absolution only for my own sins. Moms who kill their babies will have to seek it for themselves.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252816 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have reading comprehension issues don't you. You have no compassion, no empathy for someone elses suffering do you? Just for the sacred fetus' that all those tax dollars you pay will provide for.
Do you have a problem with the facts of the case?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252817 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrogant of you to judge. Even more arrogant to think YOU can speak for god.
Judge what? God has spoken for Himself. I am only repeating.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252818 Jun 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I need absolution only for my own sins. Moms who kill their babies will have to seek it for themselves.
Whatever hypocrite
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252819 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
and obviously Ink and Zef want nothing to do with the "broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is".
Religious, God loving people have proven to be the most generous people on earth.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252820 Jun 20, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/savi...

the woman was miscarrying. There was no chance for the 17 week fetus to survive. She had a ruptured uterus but the doctors were more interested in monitoring the fetal heartbeat than the woman's white count from infection. Not much attention was paid to this woman's condition but her FETUS was well monitored. Well documented that IF she had the abortion and given massive amounts of antibiotic treatment she may have not died along with her fetus. But, fortunately, christian morality was upheld. Compassion and empathy for this woman is breathtaking. You yourself brushed her plight off as meaningless "she died from infection". Something her husband and family can console themselves with. Best of luck with that "christian" morality of yours. Hypocrite
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252821 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/06/13/savita-halappanavar -report-ireland-abortion_n_343 4769.html
the woman was miscarrying. There was no chance for the 17 week fetus to survive. She had a ruptured uterus but the doctors were more interested in monitoring the fetal heartbeat than the woman's white count from infection. Not much attention was paid to this woman's condition but her FETUS was well monitored. Well documented that IF she had the abortion and given massive amounts of antibiotic treatment she may have not died along with her fetus. But, fortunately, christian morality was upheld. Compassion and empathy for this woman is breathtaking. You yourself brushed her plight off as meaningless "she died from infection". Something her husband and family can console themselves with. Best of luck with that "christian" morality of yours. Hypocrite
Yuyue, Hubei -- On May 23, 2013, 26-year-old pregnant mother Zhang Ping was dragged to the local Family Planning Office in Yuyue, Hubei, for a forced abortion. Despite being 6-months pregnant, the Family Planning Officials disregarded a national and provincial ban on late-term forced abortions and still went ahead with the forced surgery. After the surgery, Ms. Zhang suffered a massive hemorrhage and died the following morning on May 24th.
But, fortunately, pro-choice morality was upheld. Compassion and empathy for this woman is breathtaking. You yourself brushed her plight off as meaningless "Ms. Zhang suffered a massive hemorrhage and died". Something her husband and family can console themselves with. Best of luck with that "pro-choice" morality of yours. Hypocrite
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252822 Jun 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/06/13/savita-halappanavar -report-ireland-abortion_n_343 4769.html
I went to the trouble of looking up the report on this for you. It is very long but I think the hour by hour record of her stay is of interest. You will see that her death had very litle to do with her pregnancy.

http://static.rasset.ie/documents/news/hse-sa...
Insufferable

San Jose, CA

#252823 Jun 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious, God loving people have proven to be the most generous people on earth.
Proven to be huh? Ok then, you should be able to show me that proof then. I'll be waiting for the stats. In my experience there are some that are very generous, there are also a good many that are selfish assholes. I don't see how that makes them better or worse than the rest of humanity.
Insufferable

San Jose, CA

#252824 Jun 20, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuyue, Hubei -- On May 23, 2013, 26-year-old pregnant mother Zhang Ping was dragged to the local Family Planning Office in Yuyue, Hubei, for a forced abortion. Despite being 6-months pregnant, the Family Planning Officials disregarded a national and provincial ban on late-term forced abortions and still went ahead with the forced surgery. After the surgery, Ms. Zhang suffered a massive hemorrhage and died the following morning on May 24th.
But, fortunately, pro-choice morality was upheld. Compassion and empathy for this woman is breathtaking. You yourself brushed her plight off as meaningless "Ms. Zhang suffered a massive hemorrhage and died". Something her husband and family can console themselves with. Best of luck with that "pro-choice" morality of yours. Hypocrite
I am very curious how you consider a forced abortion pro-choice. Sounds like she wasn't given much of a choice at all. That is not what pro-choice is about. Forced to have an abortion or not allowed to have one, either way she got jackshit of a say in it. That is not choice.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252825 Jun 20, 2013
Insufferable wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very curious how you consider a forced abortion pro-choice. Sounds like she wasn't given much of a choice at all. That is not what pro-choice is about. Forced to have an abortion or not allowed to have one, either way she got jackshit of a say in it. That is not choice.
China is not the USA. The Chinese government has the right to choose, not the Chinese women. Anti-choicer
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252826 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge what? God has spoken for Himself. I am only repeating.
god never speaks for himself. He needs the self-righteous to do that for him.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252827 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to the trouble of looking up the report on this for you. It is very long but I think the hour by hour record of her stay is of interest. You will see that her death had very litle to do with her pregnancy.
How "christian" of you to "go to the trouble"
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252828 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
from this report

"We are hopeful that prompt consideration and early implementation of the recommendations
of this investigation will go some way to enhance the safety of Irish maternity services for
women in the future and reduce the risk of harm up to and including death.
In the course of the preparation of the report, we have noted the intention of the HSE to offer
an apology to the late patient’s family. We would like to extend our sympathies to the family."

Life saving treatment was delayed because the the 4 month fetus had a heartbeat during the miscarriage. During that time the women's infection went out of control and it killed her. Of course christian morality was upheld. This woman's death (and it took four days of suffering) was merely, as you pointed out, incidental to that.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252829 Jun 21, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
This chinese woman had no more choice in the matter than the irish woman. I fail to see a difference. The both died because of someone ELSE's idea of morality. You don't get it. You never will get it because it's all about YOU
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252831 Jun 21, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm to old to be killed with an abortion. It's all about the innocent babies that are ruthlessly slaughtered with abortion, and the nihilistic hatemongers that do the killing.
LOL talk about not GETTING it:-) Nihilistic hatemonger. You do describe yourself accurately though. Good for you
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252832 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
only to the "deserving". Even a comedian can see through "good christians" and, by the way, Colbert is a devout catholic

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”

Steven Colbert

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252833 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no debate that children should be fed, housed and educated.
You don't pay much attention to politics, do you? To put this in very simple terms... Republicans want to cut funding for all these things while democrats want MORE funding for all these things. In what world is there no debate?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252834 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That attitude wouldn't please God. He is loving and forgiving.
I think it's so cute how some people think they know what would or would not please their god. OF COURSE they know, because he only exists in their minds ;)

And yet, the Almighty has a Twitter account...
https://twitter.com/god
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252836 Jun 22, 2013
Insufferable wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven to be huh? Ok then, you should be able to show me that proof then. I'll be waiting for the stats. In my experience there are some that are very generous, there are also a good many that are selfish assholes. I don't see how that makes them better or worse than the rest of humanity.
http://www.prlog.org/10115127-philanthropy-ex...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min River Tam 46,213
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 35 min Truth 25,199
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,252
News First openly gay Texas A&M student president ho... 1 hr TomInElPaso 1
News Gorsuch explains his stance on gay rights 1 hr Newman 8
News Malaysia Clears Release of 'Beauty and the Beas... 1 hr NE Jade 17
News Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transge... 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 228
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr pearl 5,376
News Man Beat 2 Transgender Women Who Tried to Enter... Tue Tre H 21
More from around the web