Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217512 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252750 Jun 18, 2013
"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is." --Sister Joan Chittister

A Christian. Refreshing to hear.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252751 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite a sermon ... but it doesn't change the fact that women don't need your permission or your approval to make their own decisions concerning abortions.
I would rather have them in a clinic than in a back alley ... and that is the bottom line.
Spare me your sermons on morality, as I don't believe you have higher moral content than any other mortal humans on planet earth.
No one cares who you would rather kill or how.
What people care about is that I should be allowed to obtain the drugs I need safely and legally, rather than in some dangerous back alley drug deal, with the threat of you dragging me to prison in chains dangling over my head.
Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252752 Jun 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they didn't know that the baby's heart is beating at five weeks.
Your melodrama is for you. What other women feel concerning abortion is their business ... period.

Quesnel, Canada

#252753 Jun 18, 2013
So the men of the church were indicating that the supposed god cared more about the fetus than about the woman.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Abortion

At that time Cardinal Caverot of Lyon had sent an inquiry to Rome about the surgical operation known as a craniotomy (the dismembering of the fetus’s skull), when without it both mother and child will die, but with it the mother may be saved. Rome said it could not be done.

Quesnel, Canada

#252755 Jun 18, 2013
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

In the battle over the pill the Church is afraid of losing its own prestige and its own power, besides the loss of money. In October 1977 the conservative Offertienzeitung fur die katholische Geistlichkeit Deutschlands, a periodical for the German Catholic clergy, wrote:“In fact, it is quite certain that in the next ten to twenty years the ‘pill’ will crush the growth of the Church, with all the consequences this will have for the next generation of priests and religious, as well as for the yield on church taxes.

Quesnel, Canada

#252756 Jun 18, 2013
So you see, the men of the church NEED more sinners to be born, to in turn suffer for the church, so the church will stay active and unhealthy.

Why not have women use the pill, so babies don't have to be born to suffer? That way they can stay with god in heaven or Olam Ha Ba or wherever he resides, and be happy forever after!

Silly dogmas!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252757 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So you see, the men of the church NEED more sinners to be born, to in turn suffer for the church, so the church will stay active and unhealthy.
Why not have women use the pill, so babies don't have to be born to suffer? That way they can stay with god in heaven or Olam Ha Ba or wherever he resides, and be happy forever after!
Silly dogmas!
And men are to blame again.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252758 Jun 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>And men are to blame again.
She does have a point when it comes to the RCC. Not seeing any women leaders contributing to the conversation. do you?

Prince George, Canada

#252759 Jun 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>And men are to blame again.
Men are only partially to blame. If god exists, he's "fully" to blame. According to theology, which is supposed to all be based on truth,(or something similar)... this god created the first man Adam, knowing that Adam with his newly formed penis was going to sin. That makes god into the first original sinner.

Theology also states that god wants us home ... well ... if he wants us home, why did he create Adam???

Religion is very silly!!!

Prince George, Canada

#252760 Jun 19, 2013
You see, if the supposed creator wanted us whole in the first place, it could have created us as whole and filled all of us with unadulterated love. That way we wouldn't have it "in us" to harm each other. We wouldn't BE self-oriented, because it wouldn't BE in our nature to BE self-oriented.

If deity exists it has no one to blame but self!

Silly religion!

My guess is, somewhere there's an explanation that makes sense ... if only we were able to know the answers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?

Albert Einstein
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252761 Jun 19, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares who you would rather kill or how.
What people care about is that I should be allowed to obtain the drugs I need safely and legally, rather than in some dangerous back alley drug deal, with the threat of you dragging me to prison in chains dangling over my head.
Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
I-I-I, me-me-me. Really are full of yourself aren't you. ALL about you. What people care about is that people and that includes women receive good medical care. Actually while "people" may find your paranoia interesting they really don't care about it. Get over yourself
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252762 Jun 19, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I-I-I, me-me-me. Really are full of yourself aren't you. ALL about you. What people care about is that people and that includes women receive good medical care. Actually while "people" may find your paranoia interesting they really don't care about it. Get over yourself
Killing babies with abortion is not "good medical care". Killing babies with abortion is a crime against humanity.

Prince George, Canada

#252763 Jun 19, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing babies with abortion is not "good medical care". Killing babies with abortion is a crime against humanity.
That is your opinion. Some people believe that there is no soul or spirit of a god in a fetus, and that abortion it is no different than ending the life of a cow or a pig that is made up of cells.

The embryo starts as one cell and the cells multiply until they create a form that resembles a baby.

By the way ... are you a meat eater??? If so, you are a murderer.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#252764 Jun 19, 2013
If we want to go to extremes, even people that kill insects are murderers. After all if a creator created insects then surely they are loved as a very special part of creation. Otherwise they wouldn't exist.

Religion is silly.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252765 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion. Some people believe that there is no soul or spirit of a god in a fetus, and that abortion it is no different than ending the life of a cow or a pig that is made up of cells.
The embryo starts as one cell and the cells multiply until they create a form that resembles a baby.
Abortion: the Greatest Crime Against Humanity
The killing of unborn babies is a crime against humanity and a great shame for our world. In the United States, more than 1.3 million unborn babies are killed in abortions each year. Approximately 50 million babies have been killed since abortion was legalized in 1973.
Since the beginning of time, man has known in his heart that certain things were wrong. These truths
are called the Natural Law, which God has placed on our hearts in order to help us discern what is good
and what is evil. Most men of reason, even those who do not believe in God, will acknowledge the
existence of the Natural Law. In Sophocles’ drama Antigone, the author’s awareness of the Natural
Law is shown through the manner in which he depicts Antigones’s response to King Creon during his
examination of her.“Because it was not Zeus who ordered it, nor Justice, dweller with the Nether
gods, gave such a law to men; nor did I deem your ordinance of so much binding force, as that a mortal
man could overbear the unchangeable unwritten code of Heaven.”
There is no fear of God in our society. Abortion is murder according to the Word of God, but Satan through his best creation, democracy, has succeeded to have people believe in the lie that abortion has nothing to do with a real human being, but it is only a clump of unwanted useless cells.
Did you know that the 1973 Roe v. Bolton Supreme Court rulings that legalized abortion on demand marked the second time in American history that the Court denied personhood status to human being?
In 1857, the United States Supreme Court ruled slaves were the property of their masters with no more human rights than a piece of furniture. The rulings stemmed from a suit filed by Dred Scott, a slave taken to the free state of Missouri by his master. Scott contended that since he was in a state that did not allow slavery he should be freed. The Court did not agree and sided with the slave owner and declared “The right of property in a slave is distinctly and expressly affirmed in the Constitution.”
Likewise Roe v. Wade bestowed upon the unborn the status of being the property of their mothers to do with as they choose, including abortion up to the ninth month of pregnancy. Ironically, both the Dred Scott and Roe decisions were decided by a 7-2 majority.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252766 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your melodrama is for you. What other women feel concerning abortion is their business ... period.
You were talking about Augustine and the soul, not other women.

I guess you post a lot of stuff you don't even read so you are confused about the subject matter when someone reponds.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252767 Jun 19, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing women because they're denied a life-saving abortion is a crime against humanity. Or, in your opinion, only the male of the species is human?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252768 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be said by some about killing their born babies or anyone else who gets in their way. We are all a bunch of cells no more important to non believers that a mosquito.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252769 Jun 19, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion: the Greatest Crime Against Humanity
The killing of unborn babies is a crime against humanity and a great shame for our world. In the United States, more than 1.3 million unborn babies are killed in abortions each year. Approximately 50 million babies have been killed since abortion was legalized in 1973.
Since the beginning of time, man has known in his heart that certain things were wrong. These truths
are called the Natural Law, which God has placed on our hearts in order to help us discern what is good
and what is evil. Most men of reason, even those who do not believe in God, will acknowledge the
existence of the Natural Law. In Sophocles’ drama Antigone, the author’s awareness of the Natural
Law is shown through the manner in which he depicts Antigones’s response to King Creon during his
examination of her.“Because it was not Zeus who ordered it, nor Justice, dweller with the Nether
gods, gave such a law to men; nor did I deem your ordinance of so much binding force, as that a mortal
man could overbear the unchangeable unwritten code of Heaven.”
There is no fear of God in our society. Abortion is murder according to the Word of God, but Satan through his best creation, democracy, has succeeded to have people believe in the lie that abortion has nothing to do with a real human being, but it is only a clump of unwanted useless cells.
Did you know that the 1973 Roe v. Bolton Supreme Court rulings that legalized abortion on demand marked the second time in American history that the Court denied personhood status to human being?
In 1857, the United States Supreme Court ruled slaves were the property of their masters with no more human rights than a piece of furniture. The rulings stemmed from a suit filed by Dred Scott, a slave taken to the free state of Missouri by his master. Scott contended that since he was in a state that did not allow slavery he should be freed. The Court did not agree and sided with the slave owner and declared “The right of property in a slave is distinctly and expressly affirmed in the Constitution.”
Likewise Roe v. Wade bestowed upon the unborn the status of being the property of their mothers to do with as they choose, including abortion up to the ninth month of pregnancy. Ironically, both the Dred Scott and Roe decisions were decided by a 7-2 majority.
so, why dom't we just chip women in child-bearing age to monitor for pregnancy hormones. Then, when the "baby" alarm goes off at the preggo police station, the preggo police can round the pregnant women up and incarcerate them all (for the good of the fetus) and force feed them their vitamins to keep the sacred fetus healthy. Of course once born, mother and BABY can be kicked to the curb to get by as well as they might because we wouldn't want them dependent on the government for such things as food or housing. Because according to you "moral" people women aren't quite human, babies born don't matter, only the control over pregnant women IS. You may now resume the wearing of your tin foil hat because EVERYONE really IS out to get you:-)
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#252770 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If we want to go to extremes, even people that kill insects are murderers. After all if a creator created insects then surely they are loved as a very special part of creation. Otherwise they wouldn't exist.
Religion is silly.
God differentiates between man and creatures, but you don't. So let me ask you why shouldn't people kill humans as easily as they kill creatures?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The straightest cafe ever... 2 min Left of centre 1
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 5 min Left of centre 13
Poll I troll the gay/lesbian forum because... (Dec '08) 10 min Left of centre 30
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 23 min Respect71 40,239
News Waitress stiffed because she's a lesbian (Nov '13) 1 hr John Smith 47
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 3 hr david traversa 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr Jonah1 18,199
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 hr Little Cheerleader 68,988
More from around the web