Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,699)

Showing posts 213,961 - 213,980 of220,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense, June.
People that try to commit suicide are often full of self-disappointment and maybe hate at themselves and/or others around them. That is probably their total makeup at the time of their death experience ... so it would seem rather odd to me that they would suddenly be at peace within their own psyches just because they were in a state of dying.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sam Parnia spoke of a three-years-of age boy who had the death experience. In his own immature way he managed to draw pictures that indicated he saw light and that he was attached to the light. For the child who had not the religious terminology yet implanted in his psyche ... it seemed simple. He saw light.

It is a habit of many in religion to makes a big issue out of everything that is yet not understood.

Some of the religious people want Sam to go farther with his scientific studies in that they want the god-part put into the equation.

These people of religion don't want to wait for evidence. They simply want to believe they are right!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Imagine an adult of years ago, or even today, who fears the symbology implanted in "his" psyche of a devil and hell ... and then that person survives a death experience and reports back to his other fear-filled followers of the same cult that he saw the devil and hell.

Now, before nightfall that rumor would spread far and wide ... feeding on the fuel that had first been implanted in the believer's own mind.

If is a self-fulfilling prophecy come true ... but it was still only based on imagination, and nothing more.

Now the believers are CERTAIN that the devil IS real and will not be sidetracked by any other input into their psyches.

They NEED that devil for their evil-mills that continually fester in their psyches. But the evil-mills of such religious believers churn day and night for OTHER poor slobs ... as you will always notice with these devout believers that holiness and utopia is going to be THEIR lot in the afterlife.

These people are very self-orientated ... and they call that self-orientation ... LOVE!

I suggest you don't be fooled by them. They fulfill their dreams of utopia in a hereafter with greed ... and nothing more.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

One person survived the death experience and told of seeing men jumping off a cliff.

Devout Christians, Hindus, Muslims, etc., will mention in detail how they saw deities.

Imagination is wild and untamed and unpredictable, and therefore ... undependable.

What is fed by cultural training into a psyche might seem real and dependable ... but the fact that our perceptions are at odds with those of other perceptions ought to suggest to us that when we argue about being right ... we are simply feeding into yet another illusion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Many theologians taught "followers" that they must fill their minds with FAITH in GOD, so that the devil couldn't find a way through the faith, into their beings.

Whether or not the theologians believed their own preaching is a matter of opinion, but their plan worked, as it kept the followers terrified in mind-bondage that if they showed any doubt the devil was waiting to take over their beings and hell-fire for eternity would be their fate.

Some of the more cunning, cruel theologians might have poisoned a few doubters and claimed that GOD took out his anger on them for showing doubt. THAT one would work to get the gossip-mill going flat out, which in turn would keep the people from daring to ask any questions.

They had their ways, and they built huge kingdoms, garnering all the comforts of the day out of the money from the poor people, who died young from being over-worked, underfed, overburdened with countless children, and filled with fear of a punishing god and a devil that worked hand in hand with the god.

Wake up people ... or not! The choice is yours. You will only feel free of religion if you choose to leave religion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Buddhism might seem to be the answer for you, as it appears as a more sensible religion. But the basis of Buddhism was not fair or based on equal treatment of followers, and to this day is still not of equal treatment whatsoever. The dalai lama does not perceive that he is equal to the "untouchables." NOT a chance!!!

It was considered by the Buddha that women had to first reincarnate as men in order to even have a HOPE of achieving the high state of Nirvana.

Religion was created by self-serving men ... period!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Religion is dangerous, as it allowed, and allows others to do your thinking for you.

You might be certain that when you pick up your supposed "holy" book that there is no influence over you other than from a god ... but you are wrong.

Those words that were written by men centuries ago are steering you as though those men are still alive today.

But there is an added problem. Each reader gleans from words his/her own meanings, and that issue, as history proved over and over and over, caused the bloody "HOLY" wars.

As the readers took from the words what suited their own desires of what the words meant to them, they split into more and more factions that in turn fought to the death over the "meanings" of the words.

If you don't see ... you don't WANT to see ... and that onus is on you.

If you don't learn, you will teach your children to grow up as right-fighters for your cults, and you will have learned nothing from the bloody history known as religion.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

But we do have the best fried chicken!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

That humans are selfish is a given.

Imagine the little cells in our brains that are doing what comes naturally. They have their system of functioning going well, when suddenly the heart of a human stops beating, depriving the cells of what is necessary for their survival.

They panic, as their world goes into chaos.

Do we CARE about the cells??? My guess is we don't! Our only focus is on keeping the human alive ... especially if it's someone to which we have bonded and count on for our own happiness.

YEP ... we are indeed a selfish lot of beasts!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Most people during their death-experience don't remember seeing anything. They just went into a sleep-state and awakened wondering what happened to them.

Sam Parnia questions why ... but he is honest enough to admit that he doesn't have answers.

He just has more questions, and that attitude (from my perspective) is worthy of respect.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
But we do have the best fried chicken!
Now STOP that Jumper, or the departed soul of Colonel Sanders might put a curse on you.

He was rather protective of his top-notch recipe, and my guess is he never died except in the flesh!

These discontented spirits haunt buildings and infest the psyches of many earthly wanderers ... as the countless books sold on the subject should imply.

Be careful ... as evil lurks in every corner ... and then some!

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Theologians were and are experts at the method of "divide and conquer."

Ex-Catholic Luther split the Christian religion into yet another faction, by turning against the pope of the day, and in turn created his own kingdom out of the word Protestant.

Muhammud turned against the Jews and Christians to create his own kingdom by using the word Islam.

And farther back through history the same dramas unfolded again and again under one or another religion.

Many or them bragged of owning the one and only truth and with their lies, they fooled the people, as they sat on their thrones and watched through their method of "divide and conquer" the blood fly in all directions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Some women believe that men are less likely to suffer guilt than are women. I don't agree.

Men were often taught as little boys to not cry or show emotion, and in turn, the high rate of stress and heart-attacks etc., bespeaks of men that are emotionally suffering ... big-time.

Many men were taught the dogma of "head of the household" nonsense, and then when they try to do their best by what they were taught, modernized women, who are often terribly spoiled from childhood, won't have any part of that issue.

My daughter wrote this poem many years ago.

You will make of it what you will.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Silently they suffer

Amid the list of stigmas
Our society composed
Lies one that state that “men don’t cry”
As every adult knows

From little boys we teach them
It’s not right to show their tears
They silently must suffer
Their griefs, their guilt, their fears

Yes, society may frown on you
And that’s exactly why
It takes tremendous courage
For a grown man to cry

Alannah Wheeler

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Black and White

If he sees the ball as white
And your side's black as night

Let us turn the ball around
You'll find both black and white

Two sides there are to everything
So when you think you're right

Just put yourself within his place
You'll see that ball as white!

Alannah Wheeler

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The words black and white both meant ... bare of colour.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sam Parnia claims there is no such thing as paranormal, as it is all normal.

I agree.

Just because I don't understand the whole picture, doesn't mean that part of the picture is abnormal or paranormal.

Maybe what I imagine didn't exist in the first place, except in my over-active imagination.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The same issue occurs in my mind concerning homosexuality. I don't understand it, but I accept it as normal.

Maybe some day medical scientists will find the reasons why heterosexual attraction is different than homosexual attraction, and why some humans attract to both genders.

I don't have to understand why we are different. It's enough for me to understand that we ARE different.

But then I never did allow theologians to do my thinking for me.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

“Drawing upon ground-breaking research, Dr Sam Parnia explains what happens to the brain and consciousness during cardiac arrest. In The Lazarus Effect, he shares the amazing stories of patients who have survived cardiac arrest, and explains how this points to a new understanding of death. Medical science has made huge advances in recent years and it’s now clear that:

·If a patient hasn’t taken a breath for 10 minutes, they are not necessarily dead. In fact, death is not a moment in time but a process – today you could still be resuscitated after 40 minutes.

·In 10 years’ time, we may recover loved ones hours, or even days, after their last breath.

·If the body suffers a serious trauma, the heart and brain cells go into a sort of hibernation from which they can recover.

·Recovery is much more likely if the body is artificially cooled – but only 50% of hospitals do this.

·Only 1.8% of resuscitations are currently successful (unlike how it seems on TV hospital dramas).

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread872...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I remember years ago, adults telling stories of people that were presumed dead that suddenly started breathing on their own again and scared the staff in morgues and in their own homes, when a sheet that covered the supposed deceased individual started moving.

Such occurrences were often perceived as "miracles," from a god ... but modern science suggests that the cells within human bodies might just be in hibernation, until they recover from their own shock put upon them.

My guess is, there is a rational explanation for all occurrences, if only we are patient enough to wait, and stop allowing our imaginations to fly off in all directions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

$5 Million Grant Awarded by Private Foundation to Study Immortality

“We will be very careful in documenting near-death experiences and other phenomena, trying to figure out if these offer plausible glimpses of an afterlife or are biologically induced illusions,” Fischer said.“Our approach will be uncompromisingly scientifically rigorous. We’re not going to spend money to study alien-abduction reports. We will look at near-death experiences and try to find out what’s going on there — what is promising, what is nonsense, and what is scientifically debunked. We may find something important about our lives and our values, even if not glimpses into an afterlife.”

http://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/7496

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 213,961 - 213,980 of220,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Finland's New Homoerotic Stamps 3 min cpeter1313 46
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 min Hug a Tortoise 66,942
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min River Tam 39,418
Trouble in Dixie: Ala. House Passes Resolution ... 13 min Fa-Foxy 27
Gays Caused That Flood!: Conservative Writer An... 14 min Sir Andrew 12
Gay Bishop Gene Robinson Leads White House East... 14 min Absolutely 11
Ohio Man Sentenced to 30 Months for Trying to '... 17 min Sir Andrew 14
Are You Sick Of Queers "Coming Out"? (Aug '13) 33 min Absolutely 123
Axe Murder and Cannibalism and Graham Crackers,... 2 hr Fundies R Mentally ill 26
•••
•••
•••
•••