Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,687)

Showing posts 213,721 - 213,740 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is that very attitude that keeps religion going.
Agreed. Guilty as charged.

But really, there COULD be some type of "god". I think the real truth is nobody knows. Religion has however done more harm than good.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, your posts fascinate me! You are so much smarter than most here, although we do have some good, rational people :)
Thanks for your support.

I post many ideas from other authors, and for their ideas that often become my ideas, I take no credit.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Guilty as charged.
But really, there COULD be some type of "god". I think the real truth is nobody knows. Religion has however done more harm than good.
I maintain that if there happens to be a god and the god is unconditional love, then no belief is necessary, as the god is not needy of anything.

And if the god is not of the character of unconditional love, then no amount of worship will win over a god that is cruel. And placing faith and trust in such a horror would be foolhardy indeed.

So from my perspective, no religion is necessary OR welcome in my space. I will simply do my best.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Keep in mind, as you place the highest of value on your religions, the Muslims place the same value on theirs. And their numbers are growing at much faster rates than are yours.

That might be much of the reason the pope is so against birth control and abortion for his followers of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “AMERICA ALONE … THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT”… BY MARK STEYN … published in 2006 … comes the following.

The following was published in the Lansing State Journal (Michigan), July 5, 2006. It is the mindset O Nazra Quraishi, Kindergarten teacher………

“Islam is not only a religion, it is a complete way of life. Islam guides Muslims from birth to the grave. The Quran and prophet Muhammad’s words and practical application of Quran in life cannot be changed.

Islam is guide for humanity, for all times, until the day of judgment. It is forbidden in Islam to convert to any other religion. The penalty is death. There is no disagreement about it.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

From the book “AMERICA ALONE … THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT”… BY MARK STEYN … published in 2006 … comes the following……….

Simply as a matter of fact, every year more and more of the world lives under Islamic law: Pakistan adopted Islamic law in 1977, Iran in 1979, Sudan in 1984. In the sixties, Nigeria lived under English Common law; now, half of it’s in the grip of Sharia, and the other half’s feeling the squeeze. Today there are more Muslim nations, more radicalized Muslims within those nations, and more and more Muslims represented in more and more influential transnational institutions. Will these Muslims live by the law of Singapore or Denmark or New Zealand or by the laws of Islam? Or is their primary identity a new worldwide Islamic identity.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

"I was devastated to find out that my wife was having an affair, but by turning to religion I was able to come to terms with the whole thing. I converted to Islam, and we're stoning her in the morning!"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

In life, you do what’s thrust in your way I suppose.

Jack Webster … at 72 years of age.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

F ... false
E ... events
A ... appearing
R ... real

Author unknown

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

People make sex dirty in their own minds, and then they dirty other people’s minds.

Hester

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps in time the so-called Dark Ages will be thought of as including our own.

Georg C. Lichtenberg

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

“The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

Georgia Harkness

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

“One of the world’s greatest problems is the impossibility of any person searching for the truth on any subject when they believe they already have it.”

Dave Wilbur

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Experience trumps Assumption

Whoopi Goldberg.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your support.
I post many ideas from other authors, and for their ideas that often become my ideas, I take no credit.
Speaking of other authors, I was just reading up on Carl Sagan and viewing him on youtube. We lost a brilliant mind at a young age. He was my hero.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of other authors, I was just reading up on Carl Sagan and viewing him on youtube. We lost a brilliant mind at a young age. He was my hero.
Of course brilliance in other humans is also based on the perception of the individual that does the perceiving.

You can bet that a theologian would perceive Carl Sagan as very ignorant indeed.

I suspect that when we are impressed and agree with the ideas of other people, we lean toward believing they are brilliant ... and when they disagree with our own beliefs we tend to refer to them as idiots!

In that way, and many other ways, we're fickle.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out.

Carl Sagan

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The following are Carl Sagan quotes.

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

When through religion humans are taught that there is a far better place to go than on earth, they come up with the most flamboyant ideas ... such as that a god will be pleased with them if they die for the dogmas created by men of the churches, mosques or synagogues, etc.

The term "martyr" stems from a man named Justine Martyr, who died while having a devout belief in the Catholic dogma of his day.

As occurred with Augustine, Justine studied religious-dogmas that belonged to other cults before he became a Catholic.

The term martyr became the catch-phrase of the Catholic hierarchy as they used it to encourage others to die for their cult.

"Become a MARTYR!!!" they preached ... as they sat on their ever-so-comfortable butts in the vatican and encouraged followers to kill others for their own ambitions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

Justine Martyr had sought divine knowledge in the schools of Zeno, of Aristotle, of Pythagoras, and of Plato, before he fortunately was accosted by the old man, or rather the angel, who turned his attention to the study of the Jewish prophets.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

You will find that these same Jews are very "religious."

Religion can't take the brute out of human nature. It's simply not possible!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

UK minister defends making Auschwitz comparison

A member of British parliament on Friday defended comments made on his website over Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, British daily The Guardian reported.

David Ward posted an item on his website accusing the Jewish people of "inflicting atrocities on Palestinians … on a daily basis".

On Ward's website, it stated: "Having visited Auschwitz twice – once with my family and once with local schools – I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza."

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/A...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 213,721 - 213,740 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••