Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249093 Mar 2, 2013
Why hate other humans for being human?

It must be thrilling, or people wouldn't do it.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249094 Mar 2, 2013
PROPHECY

A prophet doesn't have to have any brains. They are good to have, of course, for the ordinary exigencies of life, but they are no use in professional work. It is the restfulest vocation there is. When the spirit of prophecy comes upon you, you merely cake your intellect and lay it off in a cool place for a rest, and unship your jaw and leave it alone; it will work itself: the result is Prophecy.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249095 Mar 2, 2013
PROPHECY

A man who goes around with a prophecy-gun ought never to get discouraged: if he will keep up his heart and fire at everything he sees, he is bound to hit something by and by.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain (University of California Press, 2010)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249096 Mar 2, 2013
PROPHECY

The dreams are all right enough, but the art of interpreting is lost. 1500 yr ago they were getting to do it so badly it was considered better to depend on chicken-guts & other naturally intelligent sources of prophecy, recognizing that when guts can't prophecy, it is no use for Ezekiel to go into the business. Prophecy went out with the chicken guts.
- working notes for No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger, published in The Mysterious Stranger Manuscripts, pp. 464-463.

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249097 Mar 2, 2013
PROVIDENCE

There are many scapegoats for our sins, but the most popular is Providence.
- Notebook, 1898

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249098 Mar 2, 2013
PROVIDENCE

I never count any prospective chickens when I know that Providence knows where the nest it.
- Letter to William Dean Howells, October 15, 1883

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249099 Mar 2, 2013
I suspect that the last work in the sentence should have been "is." But I posted it the way it was posted.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249100 Mar 2, 2013
PROVIDENCE

Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys.
- Roughing It

Mark Twain
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249101 Mar 2, 2013
Naked!!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249102 Mar 2, 2013
Nostradamus became famous, not for what he knew, but for those he could fool.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The quatrains, published in a book titled Les Propheties (The Prophecies), received a mixed reaction when they were published. Some people thought Nostradamus was a servant of evil, a fake, or insane, while many of the elite thought his quatrains were spiritually-inspired prophecies.[citation needed] In the light of their post-Biblical sources (see under Nostradamus' sources below), Nostradamus himself encouraged this belief. Catherine de' Medici, wife of King Henry II of France, was one of Nostradamus' greatest admirers. After reading his almanacs for 1555, which hinted at unnamed threats to the royal family, she summoned him to Paris to explain them and to draw up horoscopes for her children. At the time, he feared that he would be beheaded,[29] but by the time of his death in 1566, Queen Catherine had made him Counselor and Physician-in-Ordinary to her son, the young King Charles IX of France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249103 Mar 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Naked!!!!
Now stop that filth Jumper. God doesn't approve of that evil word!!!

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249104 Mar 2, 2013
"Prophets" that impressed royalty, reaped big rewards.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Final years and death

By 1566, Nostradamus's gout, which had plagued him painfully for many years and made movement very difficult, turned into edema, or dropsy. In late June he summoned his lawyer to draw up an extensive will bequeathing his property plus 3,444 crowns (around $300,000 US today), minus a few debts, to his wife pending her remarriage, in trust for her sons pending their twenty-fifth birthdays and her daughters pending their marriages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249105 Mar 2, 2013
A dry spell.
What do you know...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249106 Mar 3, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
A dry spell.
What do you know...
I thought she would never get tired of talking to herself.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249107 Mar 3, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
A dry spell.
What do you know...
I know that you must miss my comments, or you wouldn't comment on my comments being missing.

I have company Jumper, and if I post at all over the next week or so it won't be often. I trust that you and your wisdom will be filling in for me, so that all the progress made with Ink won't be lost forever. We have to be careful as she back-slides from her most holy effort into sin so easily you know ... hahahahaha.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249108 Mar 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought she would never get tired of talking to herself.
And don't forget "you" Ink. You are reading, or you wouldn't know that my comments were missing!

But you're forgiven ... at least by the invisible non-existent Jesus, who meddles in other people's business without no conscience whatsoever that he has no right to forgive harm done to others. He is too arrogant to even know that he should only forgive those who harm "him" and call him names, such as the son of a mean old bastard god. tongue-in-cheek

If I have a chance Ink while our company is here, I'll come and bug you as often as my pretence of civility towards my company allows.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249109 Mar 3, 2013
And if you think that the creator is NOT an illegitimate bastard, you are wrong. He/she had no parents whatsoever ... so the creator was born out of wedlock, and is a product of human mental stupidity ... as before nothing, there wouldn't BE anything with which a creator could manufacture it's self into fantasy OR reality.

Religion is silly stuff in deed!

My guess is, in its ever-changing forms, the universes always existed ... and just as the dinosaurs became extinct, maybe humans will arrive at the same end.

Nature is unpredictable and cannot BE manipulated by human fantasy.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249110 Mar 3, 2013
PTERODACTYL

The less said about the pterodactyl the better. It was a spectacle, that beast! a mixture of buzzard and alligator, a sarcasm, an affront to all animated nature, a butt for the ribald jests of an unfeeling world. After some ages Nature perceived that to put feathers on a reptile does not ennoble it, does not make it a bird, but only a sham, a joke, a grotesque curiosity, a monster; also that there was no useful thing for the pterodactyl to do, and nothing likely to turn up in the future that could furnish it employment. And so she abolished it.
- "Flies and Russians," reprinted in Fables of Man

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249111 Mar 3, 2013
PUBLIC OPINION

We all do no end of feeling and we mistake it for thinking. And out of it we get an aggregation which we consider a boon. Its name is public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it is the voice of God.
- "Corn-pone Opinions" essay, 1900

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249112 Mar 3, 2013
RAIN

The rain is famous for falling on the just and unjust alike, but if I had the management of such affairs I would rain softly and sweetly on the just, but if I caught a sample of the unjust out doors I would drown him.
- quoted in My Father Mark Twain, Clara Clemens

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With gay marriage on the horizon, Visit Tampa B... 16 min Misrty 17
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 31 min Pietro Armando 4,963
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 44 min Pietro Armando 1,194
Miss. attorneys seek to uphold ban on gay... 45 min The Rogue 29
Pat Robertson: Televangelist claims gays will '... 1 hr Troll Stopper 25
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 1 hr Troll Stopper 25
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 1 hr Troll Stopper 13
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr RevKen 26,658
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 2 hr Your blood we hope 21
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr KiMerde 2,815