Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249404 Mar 7, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Each of us has as much right to be homophobic as we have to be homosexual.
Each of us has as much right to be heterophobic as we have to be heterosexual.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249405 Mar 7, 2013
god is not GREAT … How Religion Poisons Everything … Christopher Hitchens.

Charles Stanley, whose weekly sermons from the First Baptist Church in Atlanta are watched by millions, could have been any demagogic imam as he said,“We should offer to serve the war effort in any way possible. God battles with people who oppose him, who fight against him and his followers.” His organization’s Baptist Press news service printed an article from a missionary exulting that “American foreign policy, and military might, have opened an opportunity for the gospel in the land of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” Never to be outdone, Tim LaHaye decided to go even further. Best-known as the coauthor of the best-selling Left Behind pulp novel series, which readies the average American for the “rapture” and then for Armageddon, he spoke of Iraq as “a focal point of end-time events.”

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249406 Mar 7, 2013

Anyone citing Madison today would very likely be thought either subversive or insane, and yet without him and Thomas Jefferson, coauthors of the Virginia Statute on Religious Freedom, the United States would have gone on as it was—with Jews prohibited from holding office in some states, Catholics in others, and in the most Catholic state of Maryland a law whereby “profane words concerning the Holy Trinity” were punishable by torture, branding, and, at the third offense,“death without benefit of clergy.” Georgia might have persisted in maintaining that its official state faith was “Protestantism”—whichever one of Luther’s many hybrids that might have turned out to be.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249407 Mar 7, 2013
The so-called founding fathers were desperate to find a way to stop Christians from killing other Christians.

The Freedom of religion law was a result of the Christian religion being vicious in and of itself.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249408 Mar 7, 2013

Religion is man-made. Even the men who made it cannot agree on what their prophets or redeemers or gurus actually said or did. And yet the believers still claim to know! Not just to know, but to know everything. Not just to know that god exists, and that he created and supervised the whole enterprise, but also to know what “he” demands of us—from our diet to our observances to our own sexual morality. In other words, in a vast and complicated discussion where we know more and more about less and less, yet can still hope for some for some enlightenment as we proceed, one faction—itself composed of mutually warring factions—has the sheer arrogance to tell us that we already have all the essential information that we need. The person who is certain, and claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. It may be a long farewell, but it has begun and, like all farewells, should not be protracted.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249409 Mar 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is man-made. Even the men who made it cannot agree on what their prophets or redeemers or gurus actually said or did. And yet the believers still claim to know! Not just to know, but to know everything. Not just to know that god exists, and that he created and supervised the whole enterprise, but also to know what “he” demands of us—from our diet to our observances to our own sexual morality. In other words, in a vast and complicated discussion where we know more and more about less and less, yet can still hope for some for some enlightenment as we proceed, one faction—itself composed of mutually warring factions—has the sheer arrogance to tell us that we already have all the essential information that we need. The person who is certain, and claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. It may be a long farewell, but it has begun and, like all farewells, should not be protracted.
I know that crazy people fuss at god.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249410 Mar 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I know that crazy people fuss at god.
That IS crazy ... to fuss at something that doesn't exist!

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249411 Mar 7, 2013
People that believe in gods seem to let the god get away with murder and never say ... "Hey Gods, why are you so cruel?"

Instead the devout believers seem to believe that the people deserve to be punished ... even the ones that believe in the gods.

It must be nice to be a cruel god and never suffer any consequences.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249412 Mar 7, 2013
RIDICULE

No god and no religion can survive ridicule. No church, no nobility, no royalty or other fraud, can face ridicule in a fair field and live.
- Notebook, 1888

Mark Twain

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249413 Mar 7, 2013
RIGHT

Do right for your own sake and be happy in knowing that your neighbor will certainly share in the benefits resulting.
- What Is Man?

Mark Twain
truth

Perth, Australia

#249414 Mar 7, 2013
inat its mean nuts as kikiriki
how kikiriki as nuts look
as number 8
if you going plesti vesti=niting
vezak vezla djevojcica mala
west bank 88then half w
Are you for sure w...???????
cut ce baka
nemoj kazat
sto je jedna mala uplakana djevojcica vidila
i am within 16 not age you see..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#249415 Mar 7, 2013
kikiriki
k=11 i=9
11 9 11 9 (18 1+8=9} 9 11 9
119119 99 11 9

w....are you for sure i am sick..
be good

you can pray and cry too

i do that every day
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y
truth

Perth, Australia

#249416 Mar 7, 2013
888888888888888888888888888888 88888888888888888
lolo moja dodi meni
da te preupitam
w...
are you for sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.google.com.au/search...

w...please are you for sure you are against meeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Perth, Australia

#249417 Mar 7, 2013
http://www.google.com.au/search...
did birds have rule..see
truth

Perth, Australia

#249418 Mar 7, 2013

i rimind you on something because i see somewhere..
are you for sure you are not assosiated there..
o well
i know
its lead me seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i am not as you think

lucifer fall

jesus christ exist

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249419 Mar 7, 2013
ROBBERY

Man is the only animal that robs his helpless fellow of his country -- takes possession of it and drives him out of it or destroys him. Man has done this in all the ages. There is not an acre of ground on the globe that is in possession of its rightful owner, or that has not been taken away from owner after owner, cycle after cycle, by force and bloodshed.
- "The Lowest Animal"

Mark Twain
truth

Perth, Australia

#249420 Mar 7, 2013
paul is devil
pavle savle davle is some lucifer too
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

be good

real god watching humans and know about weakness which others very bad corupt evil wicket wishers want..yes

did you care to much

if yes

i liked tell you

corupt mind is some
and
on the end they will be fall

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249421 Mar 7, 2013
ROYALTY

There never was a throne which did not represent a crime.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249422 Mar 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
ROBBERY
Man is the only animal that robs his helpless fellow of his country -- takes possession of it and drives him out of it or destroys him. Man has done this in all the ages. There is not an acre of ground on the globe that is in possession of its rightful owner, or that has not been taken away from owner after owner, cycle after cycle, by force and bloodshed.
- "The Lowest Animal"
Mark Twain
Hey June.I want to sew a custom shoulder patch from scratch. You must have sowed a few things in your time.Is it worth the effort?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249423 Mar 7, 2013
SANTA CLAUS

There are some unaccountable reputations in the world. This saint's is an instance. He has ranked for ages as the peculiar friend of children, yet it appears he was not much of a friend to his own. He had ten of them, and when fifty years old he left them, and sought out as dismal a refuge from the world as possible, and became a hermit in order that he might reflect upon pious themes without being disturbed by the joyous and other noises from the nursery, doubtless..... St. Nicholas will probably have to go on climbing down sooty chimneys, Christmas eve, forever, and conferring kindness on other people's children, to make up for deserting his own.
- A Tramp Abroad

Mark Twain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NE Jade's Butt Plug 4 min Gordon 3
News Jamie Foxx's Bruce Jenner joke criticized by LG... 6 min Gordon 2
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 9 min Anonymous of Indy 37
News LTE: In Open Letter to Clearfield Community, Lo... 11 min Abrahamanic Relig... 16
News Apple's Tim Cook: Anti-gay laws are 'dangerous' 13 min OId Sailor 27
News Federal judge won't stay order in Alabama gay-m... 16 min Fa-Foxy 123
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 17,819
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 18 min Justin 30,907
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 29 min cpeter1313 777
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Mr_SKY 58,894
More from around the web