Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217999 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251886 Apr 13, 2013
The Quakers thought of slaves as family members.

You prevertd history lecture will not go unchallenged.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251887 Apr 13, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
The men of the Quaker religion would not have perceived slaves as being equal in worth, or they would not have BEEN slaves.

Christians in those early days believed that "negroes" didn't have souls, and were only at the level of other non-human animals.

Your perverted history lecture will not go unchallenged.

Quesnel, Canada

#251888 Apr 13, 2013
And because the Christians believed that "negroes" had no souls and were comparable to other non-human animals ... it is possible the men that had sex with the slaves perceived that they were practicing "bestiality."

My guess is, the slave-masters often used the confessionals to try to wash away their often-repeated "sins."

Religion can't so easily fool a guilty conscience.

Quesnel, Canada

#251889 Apr 13, 2013
Theologians came up with the idea that to believe in a savior named Jesus was all that was necessary to guarantee salvation, as they preached that Jesus died for sin.

But then there were those repeating the same patterns ... so the theologians came up with confessionals to erase NEW repetitive "sins," claiming that Jesus the Jew was working 24/7 IN the Catholic confessionals.

But still, the conscience won't be fooled by such nonsense.

Many Christians on their death-beds weren't quite sure if their theologians had lead them down a righteous path, or a path full of lies.

I suggest that you never trust a theologian, because the theologian has put far too much trust in his self.

Quesnel, Canada

#251890 Apr 13, 2013
When Luther was a Catholic monk, he was not perceived as a theologian.

But when he became the leader of the Protestants, he was finally awarded with such a lofty title.

Yet my guess is, he was no closer to truth than ever. He just BELIEVED that at last truth was in his grasp.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251891 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When Luther was a Catholic monk, he was not perceived as a theologian.
But when he became the leader of the Protestants, he was finally awarded with such a lofty title.
Yet my guess is, he was no closer to truth than ever. He just BELIEVED that at last truth was in his grasp.
And YOU caught it?
Gazzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

#251892 Apr 13, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… There are excuses

Quesnel, Canada

#251893 Apr 13, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>And YOU caught it?
NO ... I'm over on another Catholic thread where a guy named Tony17 is teaching me all about the truth.

:)

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

However, I'm now going to watch a program with my husband, so my theology lessons will have to continue over there tomorrow.

:)

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251894 Apr 13, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Yeah, because people, especially Gawdfearin' Christians, treat 'family members' like mules, keep 'em out on the back forty in windowless unheated cabins, feed 'em once a day, throw 'em a new set of burlap work clothes at Christmas, and whip them bloody if they try to go a'visitin'...

I'm sure the slaves felt like 'family members' when they and their children were sold to another 'family' as well.

Do you read what you type, or just mindlessly put letters out there, hoping they'll become words???

Quesnel, Canada

#251895 Apr 13, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, because people, especially Gawdfearin' Christians, treat 'family members' like mules, keep 'em out on the back forty in windowless unheated cabins, feed 'em once a day, throw 'em a new set of burlap work clothes at Christmas, and whip them bloody if they try to go a'visitin'...
I'm sure the slaves felt like 'family members' when they and their children were sold to another 'family' as well.
Do you read what you type, or just mindlessly put letters out there, hoping they'll become words???
From the book,“Narrative of the life of Frederic Douglass,” an American Slave…..written by himself … comes the following poem from Lynn, Mass, April, 1845.

A Parody

“Come saint and sinner, hear me tell
How pious priests whip Jack and Nell,
And women buy and children sell,
And preach all sinners down to hell
And sing of heavenly union.

“They’ll bleat and baa, dona like goats,
Gorge down black sheep, and strain at motes,
Array their backs in fine black coats,
Then seize their Negroes by their throats,
And choke in heavenly union.

“They’ll church you if you sip a dram,
And damn you if you steal a lamb;
Yet rob old Tony, Doll, and Sam,
Of human rights, and bread and ham;
Kidnapper’s heavenly union.

“They’ll loudly talk of Christ’s reward,
And bind his image with a cord,
And scold, and swing the lash abhorred
And sell their brother in the Lord,
To handcuffed heavenly union.

“They’ll read and sing a sacred song,
And make a prayer both loud and long,
And teach the right and do the wrong,
Hailing the brother, sister throng,
With words of heavenly union.

“We wonder how such saints can sing,
Or praise the Lord upon the wing,
Who roar, and scold, and whip and sting,
And to their slaves and mammon cling,
In guilty conscience union.

“They’ll raise tobacco, corn, and rye,
And drive and thieve, and cheat, and lie,
And lay up treasures in the sky,
By making switch and cowskin fly,
In hope of heavenly union.

“They’ll crack old Tony on the skull,
And preach and roar like Bashan bull,
Or braying ass, or mischief full,
Then seize old Jacob by the wool,
And pull for heavenly union.

“A roaring, ranting, sleek man-thief,
Who lived on mutton, veal, and beef,
Yet never would afford relief,
To needy, sable sons of grief,
Was big with heavenly union.

“’Love not the world,’ the preacher said,
And winked his eye, and shook his head;
He seized on Tom, and Dick, and Ned,
Cut short their meat, and clothes, and bread,
Yet still loved heavenly union.

“Another preacher whining spoke
Of one whose heart for sinners broke:
He tied old Nellie to an oak,
And drew the blood at every stroke,
And prayed for heavenly union.

“Two others oped their iron jaws,
And waved their children-stealing paws;
There sat their children in gewgaws;
By stinting Negroes’ backs and maws,
They keep up heavenly union.

“All good from Jack another takes,
And entertains their flirts and rakes,
Who dress as sleek as glossy snakes,
And cram their mouths with sweetened cakes;
And this goes down for union.”

Canada

#251896 Apr 14, 2013
Theologians probably wrecked the lives of more people than they ever helped.

"God hates this and God hates that and that's why that occurred." What a lot of silly nonsense.

It's more probable that everything that occurred stemmed from "natural" causes, selfishness being the main part OF the causes.

If cells that keep bodies alive were not self-oriented, they couldn't survive, and that would mean that we in turn could not survive.

If we were taught that we are born selfish because it's the basic code of survival, and that the best we can be is to try to be less selfish, that might have been a far better base of teaching for all humanity.

But instead, countless theologians taught that we are born in sin and that a devil is luring us into sin.

Theologians, with their finger-pointing-teachings of sin and heresy, became some of the worst trouble-makers to in turn cause mental disturbances, division, hate, and countless wars among humans, who in turn placed trust in their words of gibberish.

And considering that the word theology means to "study" rather than to "know," maybe we should be even more leery of words that flow from the mouths of those who do claim to know.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#251897 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Every President was Christian ... preached the "gospel" as truth ... overlooked the scripture "thou shalt not kill" ... and supported war as being JUST to "god."
Why they don't give up the holiness bullshit and get on with life is beyond me.
Their tactics ought to be visible to all those that wish to see.
not every president was christian, Kennedy was catholic,he is part christian and part pagan,the catholic church was created by combining those two religions.

usa

#251898 Apr 14, 2013
funny how the church wages war on women and gay people but leave the worst type of people alone "pedophiles" why don't they wage war against them? if they did they would have to close every church and Vatican city. more or less go out of business.

Canada

#251899 Apr 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>not every president was christian, Kennedy was catholic,he is part christian and part pagan,the catholic church was created by combining those two religions.
Whether or not you approve, the Catholics were the first ones to use the term Christian. They also compiled all the data in the new testament.

So when you USE the book, know that you are following their words on which to base your claims of "truth."

Canada

#251900 Apr 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
funny how the church wages war on women and gay people but leave the worst type of people alone "pedophiles" why don't they wage war against them? if they did they would have to close every church and Vatican city. more or less go out of business.
Molestation went on in all churches. The Catholics are just the ones taking the brunt of the criticism. They make a bigger target than do most smaller denominations.

Canada

#251901 Apr 14, 2013
Deflecting is a handy habit of all people.

"Let's talk about and point fingers at the ones over there, and that way, we can feel holier-than-thou about ourselves."

But ya can't fool an active, or even a partially sleeping conscience.

Canada

#251903 Apr 14, 2013
Molestations in homes are common, and many of those people are in religions ... so why would people be so gullible as to believe that molestations would not occur in places of "worship?"

usa

#251904 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Molestation went on in all churches. The Catholics are just the ones taking the brunt of the criticism. They make a bigger target than do most smaller denominations.
"Christian" derives from the Koine Greek word Christ, a translation of the Biblical Hebrew term Messiah,these writings came before the catholic church was created by man.

usa

#251905 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
i mentioned the catholic church because this forum is about a catholic statement,i have a victim in my family that involves a different organization,so yes i know molestation occurs everywhere including right in a families home,or relatives home ETC.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#251906 Apr 14, 2013
June,

Why are you feeling the need to come on to the thread I post on. The thread which does not say anything against you, anyone else here or any other thread, or anyone else of any other religion. You "feel" the need to offend our Lord. Why?? I asked you there too, but for you and any other person who may not believe in Jesus, this is what He did for you, and He would go through the same torment even if you were the only person in this world. He loves you, why do you feel the need to offend Him. Please watch this and listen to this song. It's something we all, me included, must ask ourselves. Please stop offending our Lord Who loves you so deeply:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... 13 min Rose_NoHo 4
News Vt. military college holds gay pride week (Mar '12) 23 min Brandon Cole 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 47 min Rose_NoHo 15,672
News Openly gay police chief suspended from job in S... 51 min Christians In Nam... 1
News ACLU settles lawsuit over 'Some People Are Gay'... 57 min The Stealth 13
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 59 min The Golden Ruler 5
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 38,683
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,945
Dying off like flies 13 hr Rainbow Kid 18
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 23 hr Frankie Rizzo 162
More from around the web