Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#249347 Mar 6, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
slavery has always existed and always will, what is wrong is how and to whom and the reason of the eslavement as to whether it is wrong or right
Bohonkus. Where did you come up with this drivel? Slavery is always wrong.
chris

Lafayette, LA

#249348 Mar 6, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Bohonkus. Where did you come up with this drivel? Slavery is always wrong.
you just don t have a clue as to the world you live in must spend time on intoxicants to stay zoned out

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#249349 Mar 6, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
slavery has always existed and always will, what is wrong is how and to whom and the reason of the eslavement as to whether it is wrong or right
If YOU were the one enslaved, would slavery from your point of view, be right?

Prince George, Canada

#249350 Mar 6, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>but you are deluded, when the people lead the leaders will follow, it is only during the times the people get lazy that the leaders then do not follow them, even in the soviet union, as bad as it got, if the people were reluctant to acquese, things would change either politically or violently
What you posted here makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Stalin ordered the killing of millions of people. They either obeyed his rules or died.

Prince George, Canada

#249351 Mar 6, 2013
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

The Pure and Profane Colonial Churches

The Institutional Church

With dismal chains, and strongest reins, like prisoners of hell,
They’re held in place before Christ’s face, till He their doom shall tell.
These void of tears, but fill’d with fears, and dreadful expectation
Of endless pains, and scalding flames, stand waiting for damnation.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249352 Mar 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted here makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Stalin ordered the killing of millions of people. They either obeyed his rules or died.
Likely to happen again if we forget the past.

Prince George, Canada

#249353 Mar 6, 2013

Excusing the Puritans because they did what they believed was in the Indian’s best interests was beside the point. Needless to say, it never occurred to them that what would have been in his best interest was to leave him alone. It did not really matter how “good” the Puritan’s intentions were if the consequences of those intentions were destructive. The essence of Christian racism has always been the harm done by people who thought they had a monopoly on the truth.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249354 Mar 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Excusing the Puritans because they did what they believed was in the Indian’s best interests was beside the point. Needless to say, it never occurred to them that what would have been in his best interest was to leave him alone. It did not really matter how “good” the Puritan’s intentions were if the consequences of those intentions were destructive. The essence of Christian racism has always been the harm done by people who thought they had a monopoly on the truth.
YEA! Tell it sister!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249355 Mar 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Likely to happen again if we forget the past.
Because of human nature, humans will always repeat the past. For instance, those that teach their children to believe in gods teach that that behavior is based on holiness and is honorable, and so in general they will teach their own children the same beliefs, OR, they will become disenchanted with their own religion, and join another religion, in turn believing that the new way of believing is on THE righteous path.

The fact that the individual religious factions fight like crazy with each other does not detain those in religion one bit to see a bigger picture and leave religion behind to start a new way of life for the upcoming generations. And so it follows that history is destined to repeat itself.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249356 Mar 7, 2013
Selfishness is innate to human nature, so naturally selfishness in all it's many variations can do nothing BUT repeat itself.

I don't for one moment believe that if the world was made over into the belief of atheism that humans would stop fighting and killing each other. Humans are animals of prey with underlying killer instincts, and try as we might to rise above our animal natures, the killer instinct is often ready and "willing" to manipulate others into organized traps.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249357 Mar 7, 2013

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249358 Mar 7, 2013
Religion is simply a way for humans to try to feign holiness in themselves, and hope to be rewarded for the self-perceived holiness in a supposed hereafter. But as history proves, it's all a sham. Religion cannot improve human nature, and neither can it hide human nature.

Observe how the religious factions fight the ongoing fight, and you will see that the repetitive saga is not about to change to create a world based on any semblance of that sought after word ... love.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249359 Mar 7, 2013
Having been raised by two religious parents and taught that by good behavior I could attain a high spiritual position, it took me many years to assess that with the best of intentions by those in my culture, as were they, I was duped into such a belief.

I now prefer to be comfortable with my animal nature of selfishness and let the chips fall where they may.

Religion never made me less selfish, just as atheism doesn't make me more selfish.

I now accept and am at peace that I am simply an animal ... on par with all the other animals.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249360 Mar 7, 2013
To be selfish is NOT evil. It is human and it stems from our need to survive.

I have no need to survive in a hereafter, so my imagination no longer has any desire to go there.

I try my best to tame my selfishness, but am fully aware that others perceive me as selfish, just as I perceive them as selfish. And I've come to conclude that they are right to judge me as selfish. After all, I judge them as being selfish and from my perspective, when we tell it like it is, we are RIGHT.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249361 Mar 7, 2013
It's not by chance that the varying countries are always at war, or under a threat of being at war.

We know that we can't trust our neighbors, and we know that is true, simply because we can't be trusted to not turn on our neighbors.

At one time humans fought with clubs and spears, but now we have "progressed" to bigger and greater ways of killing each other.

It's that progress that makes us so superior to other animals ... RIGHT???

truth

Perth, Australia

#249362 Mar 7, 2013
if i am wrong then you are wrong..

it is biological o'clock as comet..j
we are in city where is post=earth..

now i need calculated time
on that comet..is ''?'' not our planet much more..
please tell me why i am wrong..
if i am not wrong please tell me
what stay in my mind
or conciseness or subconsciousness..why i wrote this
if i never study about that..

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249363 Mar 7, 2013
Young people often don't want to learn from those of us who have lived long lives ... and why should they? When we were young, didn't we tend to believe we knew it all???

And now that we are elderly, don't many of us still tend to believe we know it all???

Such stupidity is humorous indeed! Maybe laughing at the self ought to be a top priority.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249365 Mar 7, 2013
truth wrote:
if i am wrong then you are wrong..
it is biological o'clock as comet..j
we are in city where is post=earth..
now i need calculated time
on that comet..is ''?'' not our planet much more..
please tell me why i am wrong..
if i am not wrong please tell me
what stay in my mind
or conciseness or subconsciousness..why i wrote this
if i never study about that..
Your posts are confusing ... maybe on purpose, or maybe not.

I suggest you keep in mind that worrying about the future is not complimentary to finding any sense of peace within.

Do your best with what is put in front of you, and know that you can't do better than your best.

For many people life is all about going from one crisis to another. I wish you the best with your life, as I want the best for mine.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#249366 Mar 7, 2013
According to Christopher Hitchens who visited North Korea, the North Koreans are extremely religious people.

Religious people often are certain they will be rewarded in a hereafter, as they are not rewarded on earth, so they have nothing to lose and much to gain if they die.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

North Korea threatens to strike U.S. amid new UN sanctions

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/07...
truth

Perth, Australia

#249367 Mar 7, 2013
I don't created nothing in this city.
I don't need be shame because of that.

Please understood!

I just try tell you what i notice!!!

You must be my very good friend wish me the best.
I hope i will be good as well stay in that condition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Christian owners of a bakery found to have ... 1 min Pat Robertson s F... 25
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 min New Perspective 346
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 min Wondering 2,539
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min The_Box 21,789
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 5 min lides 336
News Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech dis... 6 min Wondering 20
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 6 min nhjeff 48
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 12 min Fire Wall 152
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Friend of Poof1 842
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr Wondering 5,706
More from around the web