Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217999 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#251743 Apr 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>The native people still have many hills to climb.
The Christian religion ruined the Natives in more ways than one.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Before the indoctrination of the so-called “holy books,” the Native American Indians couldn’t read the white humans language and had their own form of religion. Most tribes valued gayness and gay transvestites were often healers of a tribe. The tribes believed that these people had special intellectual, artistic and spiritual qualities. Some tribes held special ceremonies to test whether a boy or girl was gay. Among the Crow Indians, homosexual men cut down the tree used in the Sundance Ceremony. Regardless of their sexual orientation, the tribes valued these people.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#251744 Apr 8, 2013
Indians Compete with Our Own People.

We are educating Indians to compete industrially with our own people. Which seems to me a very undesirable use of public money.

Clifford Sifton, Superintendent of Indian Affairs, House of Commons debates.

June 14, 1897.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#251745 Apr 8, 2013
The superior-minded white humans wanted the Native Indians on reserves, my guess is, many of them hoping the Natives would just die ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Saying: THE ONLY GOOD INDIAN IS A DEAD INDIAN.

Who Said It: Gen. Philip Sheridan

When: 1869

The Story behind It: In January, 1869, General Sheridan held a conference with 50 Indian chiefs at Fort Cobb in the so-called Indian Territory (later part of Oklahoma). At that time, Sheridan, who had gained recognition as a Union officer in the Civil War, was in charge of the Dept. of the Missouri. One of his duties was to oversee the Indian Territory, making sure that the Indians remained on their reservations and did not harass the white settlers. When Comanche chief Toch-a-way was introduced to Sheridan at the conference, the Indian said, "Me Toch-a-way, me good Indian." Sheridan reportedly smirked and replied, "The only good Indians I ever saw were dead." Later on, the remark became "The only good Indian is a dead Indian."

http://www.trivia-library.com/b/origins-of-sa...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251746 Apr 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The superior-minded white humans wanted the Native Indians on reserves, my guess is, many of them hoping the Natives would just die ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Saying: THE ONLY GOOD INDIAN IS A DEAD INDIAN.
Who Said It: Gen. Philip Sheridan
When: 1869
The Story behind It: In January, 1869, General Sheridan held a conference with 50 Indian chiefs at Fort Cobb in the so-called Indian Territory (later part of Oklahoma). At that time, Sheridan, who had gained recognition as a Union officer in the Civil War, was in charge of the Dept. of the Missouri. One of his duties was to oversee the Indian Territory, making sure that the Indians remained on their reservations and did not harass the white settlers. When Comanche chief Toch-a-way was introduced to Sheridan at the conference, the Indian said, "Me Toch-a-way, me good Indian." Sheridan reportedly smirked and replied, "The only good Indians I ever saw were dead." Later on, the remark became "The only good Indian is a dead Indian."
http://www.trivia-library.com/b/origins-of-sa...
I fed the beast.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251747 Apr 9, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I fed the beast.
Stop picking on me Jumper. I'm busy over on the other thread trying to bring the Catholics and Protestants from up in the sky down to ground level, to in turn, travel "light" with the rest of us animals.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251748 Apr 9, 2013
It seems that the deities don't agree on theology. Maybe that's because humans made ALL the rules that apply and have ever applied to their mass-manufactured deities.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Ask Rabbi Simmons

Reincarnation

Question

Does Judaism support reincarnation?

Answer

Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts.

There are many Jewish sources dealing with what is popularly called "reincarnation." In Hebrew, it is called "gilgul ha'ne'shamot," literally the recycling or transmigration of souls.

This concept can be compared to a flame of one candle lighting
another candle. While the essence of the second flame comes from
the first one, the second flame is an independent entity.

Still, the new flame contains imperfections inherited from the
initial flame, and it is these imperfections that are to be
corrected.

Most of the written material is very esoteric, often written in
Aramaic. Some of the prominent works dealing with this subject
are the "Zohar" (1st century) and the Arizal's "Shaar HaGilgulim"
(16th century). In the Bible itself, the idea is intimated in
Deut. 25:5-10, Deut. 33:6 and Isaiah 22:14, 65:6.

Many sources say that a soul has a maximum of three chances in
this world. One example given is that the great Talmudic sage
Hillel was a reincarnation of the Biblical figure Aaron.

The soul only comes into this world in the first place in order
to make a spiritual repair. If that is not fulfilled by the end
of one's lifetime, then the soul will be sent down once again.
The return trip may only be needed for a short time or in a
limited way. This in part explains why people are born with
handicaps or may live a brief life.

It is not necessary that there be a conscious awareness in order
for the correction to take place. Conscious awareness is only one
level of understanding.

As for your desire to be Jewish:

Any non-Jew can become a Jew by converting. Once he converts, he
then becomes a Jew in every regard and his relationship with God
is the same level as that of every other Jew.

http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabbi_o...

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251749 Apr 9, 2013
I wonder how many women depending on protection became pregnant?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

“Ingestion of only 14 tablets of active instead of intended 21 of oral contraceptive would most likely result in reduced efficacy for contraception and therefore possibility of unplanned pregnancy cannot be ruled out,” wrote Apotex in its letter with the heading “Urgent Drug Recall.”

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2...

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251750 Apr 9, 2013
Professor Peter Higgs: Atheist scientist admits he doesn't believe in 'god Particle'

The scientist behind the Higgs boson, Prof Peter Higgs, has urged people to stop calling it the God particle, because he's an atheist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251751 Apr 9, 2013
I wonder if Noah had a pair of these little critters on his ark?

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

New tarantula found in Sri Lanka is as big as your face -- and venomous too

http://www.emirates247.com/news/sri-lanka/new...

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251752 Apr 9, 2013
In conversation with another woman, who is not into any religion ... when she insisted that religion gives many people comfort so she has nothing against it ... I replied that I believe it gives most people TOO much comfort in the idea that a god loves them and perceives that others are evil.

She laughed and didn't respond with any more defense of religion.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251753 Apr 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for her! She took her tragedy and turned it into something positive for other gay people.
Absolutely. One of the most powerful scenes in the movie is at the end when she is marching in a gay pride parade. She see's a young man who reminds her of her son Bobby on the side of the street and walks over and hugs him. Made me cry.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251754 Apr 9, 2013
If "god" had chosen to sink Noah's ark, I wonder if all of the animals on earth would have gone extinct.

:)

Silly chilish stuff in deed!

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251755 Apr 9, 2013
childish

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251756 Apr 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder how many women depending on protection became pregnant?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
“Ingestion of only 14 tablets of active instead of intended 21 of oral contraceptive would most likely result in reduced efficacy for contraception and therefore possibility of unplanned pregnancy cannot be ruled out,” wrote Apotex in its letter with the heading “Urgent Drug Recall.”
http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2...
Even if it were all of them; even if every one of them had no means or ability to care for a child properly; and even if every one of those children ended up being abused, abandoned, exploited, ignored, molested, neglected and/or unloved....the forced gestation crowd would clamor for them to be BORN.
BORN, I TELL YOU.
THEY MUST BE BORN!!!!!
Quality of life means nothing whatsoever to these people.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251757 Apr 9, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Thomas "Tre H"!
It's been a long time.
That movie "Prayers for Bobby" was a good one for me.
Being so religious way back then I could relate in SOME ways to the mother in the movie.
I'm so grateful my (gay) son is alive and did not take his life years ago.
I know you Thomas and June were a great help to me many years ago when I believed I was so alone dealing with this gay/homosexual issue.
Thomas you were correct when you told me that there would be good days and bad days for my son and I nevertheless, through time things will get better.
It's all true, it's been better now for a long time.
Thank-you!
Estelle
Hello, Estelle... nice to "see" you again. I'm glad that things are going well for you and your son.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251758 Apr 9, 2013
Addendum: Unless it's the quality of their OWN lives, of course. Ask them to step up to the societal responsibility to help society's weakest members, and actually contribute to their care in some way, and it's OH NO - THATS NOT MY JOB. I SAVED THEIR LIVES, THE REST IS UP TO THEM.

And they go merrily along, never letting an opportunity to bitch about the poor 'takers, leeches, and welfare hoes' pass them by, but refusing take any action.

Except, of course, to tell them "Get off my lawn," and incarcerate the thieves, vandals, drug users, and malcontents poverty generates year after year after year.....

Seems awfully 'convenient' to me...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251759 Apr 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
There is a mouse that is designed by nature as an adult to keep having sex until it dies. It doesn't eat, rest, or sleep. It simply seeks out one female after another ejaculating it's sperm, until it dies from malnutrition and over-exertion.
That's nature's way.
Very informative, and so relevant to the topic... thanks for sharing.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251760 Apr 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="dedbebbies Quality of life means nothing whatsoever to these people.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's their own lives. Then they want comforts galore, including being favorites of the gods.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251761 Apr 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Very informative, and so relevant to the topic... thanks for sharing.


You're welcome.

God obviously wanted the mouse to die by screwing itself to death.

I wonder what Noah did with that one on the ark when it only had one female with which to mate? The female must have been perceived by Noah as an evil sinner, and a whore to boot.

Oh well, at least the female mouse wasn't expected to raise little mice for an army run by a hierarchy in a church.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#251762 Apr 9, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
Addendum: Unless it's the quality of their OWN lives, of course. Ask them to step up to the societal responsibility to help society's weakest members, and actually contribute to their care in some way, and it's OH NO - THATS NOT MY JOB. I SAVED THEIR LIVES, THE REST IS UP TO THEM.
And they go merrily along, never letting an opportunity to bitch about the poor 'takers, leeches, and welfare hoes' pass them by, but refusing take any action.
Except, of course, to tell them "Get off my lawn," and incarcerate the thieves, vandals, drug users, and malcontents poverty generates year after year after year.....
Seems awfully 'convenient' to me...
With servants of "god" everything is convenient ... especially salvation. Apparently the god only loves those that first love the god and follow his every commandment.

Well, at least that's one of the ancient stories anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min lides 38,733
News WikiLeaks Outs Saudi Gay Man, Rape Victims, and... 4 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 9
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min lides 15,786
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 11 min June VanDerMark 11,273
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 22 min Born Liars 39
JADE BOY r GURL 24 min Farfel 2
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 37 min JODECKO 170
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,957
More from around the web