Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Oct 30, 2007, Fables of the reconstruction story titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249222 Mar 5, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the christ character from the bible stories?
He was only a fictional character in a story tellers tale.
All the various stories of his birth and death had been used by earlier story tellers.
Story telling was a way for tribes to keep their history before their people became literate.
Christ was no more real than Ahab, Tom Sawyer, Betty Boop or Merlin.
I don't know of any people willing to die for Ahab,Tom Sawyer, Betty Boop or Merlin.
What story teller are you talking about?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249223 Mar 5, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
and I would agree with you if people choose or don't choose to BE a member but then we have them receiving federal funding, hiring workers and deciding THEIR religious rules apply in terms of medical care to women who may, or may not, be OF their faith. They can't have it both ways.
If they can't then the Church will stop providing the most extensive educational system, hospital and charitable services in the world.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249224 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet a lot of pseudo science is not science at all, look at evolution, and the big bang theory, those are again fables created to opt into the people base of the churches
And yet these skeptics are so ready to believe what cannot be proven or recreated.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249225 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any people willing to die for Ahab,Tom Sawyer, Betty Boop or Merlin.
Yet they will kill other innocent humans to please the images of gods on which they place the highest value in their own psyches that they are too stupid to remove as implanted debris.

Bibles and other supposed holy books are very dangerous instruments in the hands of those seeking divine rewards in a supposed hereafter. VERY dangerous instruments indeed!

It would have been much better for the whole world had those books been named as carriers of WICKED, SELF-SERVING intent!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249226 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet these skeptics are so ready to believe what cannot be proven or recreated.
Is the world REAL to you ... or has it become less real in your psyche than the imaginary heaven on which you place the highest of value???

I believe the cells in my brain might be "sort of" real ... but what they do in their activities might just be the cells ingesting what has been fed to them as their nutrition which in turn they pass back and forth as mirrored reflections.

Who knows ... other than you ... of course??? You seem to have all the answers that others believe still exist only in mystery.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249227 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can't then the Church will stop providing the most extensive educational system, hospital and charitable services in the world.
YEAH RIGHT!!! By teaching so many people that birth control and abortion was and is EVIL, the hierarchy of your church has "created" world-wide poverty.

And added to that, they have bilked monuments of money out of the poor people who deprived their own families of food to instead give the money to the over-stuffed, over-pampered members of hierarchy.

You have been blinded by the glitter of the pope's rings, jeweled crowns and other things.

Silly VAIN woman. You praise what should be deprived of praise.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249228 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
This is an atheist forum now?
Then what are those such as you, Jumper and Ink doing here? Have YOU become Atheists???

:)

I suggest you keep in mind that this is a forum concerning homosexuality, abortion, etc., and how religion affects these social issues.

The forum is not about the total focus of your rewards in a hereafter.

Jehovah will take care of your just rewards, and I hope for your sakes that he'll be in a good mood when you reap what you sow. Creators of evil can be "mighty" unpredictable!

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249229 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the world REAL to you ... or has it become less real in your psyche than the imaginary heaven on which you place the highest of value???
I believe the cells in my brain might be "sort of" real ... but what they do in their activities might just be the cells ingesting what has been fed to them as their nutrition which in turn they pass back and forth as mirrored reflections.
Who knows ... other than you ... of course??? You seem to have all the answers that others believe still exist only in mystery.
And you still can't prove anything that you think you know.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249230 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH RIGHT!!! By teaching so many people that birth control and abortion was and is EVIL, the hierarchy of your church has "created" world-wide poverty.
And added to that, they have bilked monuments of money out of the poor people who deprived their own families of food to instead give the money to the over-stuffed, over-pampered members of hierarchy.
You have been blinded by the glitter of the pope's rings, jeweled crowns and other things.
Silly VAIN woman. You praise what should be deprived of praise.
I see you are off the deep end again with your imagination. Have you ever considered some proof of your claims? I didn't think so.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249231 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't pretend to know, and then I am never disappointed that I got it wrong.

You, on the other hand would never even question that you COULD get it wrong.

And that's not a good "sign."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249232 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are off the deep end again with your imagination. Have you ever considered some proof of your claims? I didn't think so.
I don't have proof and that IS my claim!

What more do you want from me ... my blood ... because I won't believe in Jesus???

My guess is, you would like to go back to the good old days when Catholics were REAL he-men and were willing and able in body and mind to burn others at the stake when they refused to believe that Jesus was real!

Sarcasm intended!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249233 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Then what are those such as you, Jumper and Ink doing here? Have YOU become Atheists???

I suggest you keep in mind that this is a forum concerning homosexuality, abortion, etc., and how religion affects these social issues.

The forum is not about the total focus of your rewards in a hereafter.

Jehovah will take care of your just rewards, and I hope for your sakes that he'll be in a good mood when you reap what you sow. Creators of evil can be "mighty" unpredictable!

Lol Did I say I was an atheist? I don't believe I did. Personally, I think atheism is utter nonsense. Back to the point, I don't believe religion (which is not the same as having an intimate relationship with the Almighty) should have any say over who people can and cannot love. That's, of course, is just my opinion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249234 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get the idea that I was putting a scenario on the forum simply to give a different way of thinking ... without my claiming to know that it was based on truth???

Where, in the following did I state that what I posted was a claim of truth??? WHERE???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249235 Mar 5, 2013
The fact is, that what we believe might be of great comfort or discomfort to us ... but belief does not guarantee the ownership of absolute truth.

Illusion is very deceptive in deed!

For instance, a homosexual might believe he is evil from the perspective of a god, but that has no more basis in reality than the teaching that was imposed on him AS a reality.

And from my perspective that teaching by theologians was a blatant CRIME against all that is humane!

But Ink doesn't see it that way, as Ink believes that Catholicism is HOLY and VERY deserving of rewards in a hereafter.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249236 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have proof and that IS my claim!
What more do you want from me ... my blood ... because I won't believe in Jesus???
My guess is, you would like to go back to the good old days when Catholics were REAL he-men and were willing and able in body and mind to burn others at the stake when they refused to believe that Jesus was real!
Sarcasm intended!
So you are basically admitting that you are just throwing lies out there that you have no intention of even trying to prove.
The Oracle

UK

#249237 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God and Mary tried to keep the affair a secret ... but the Catholic theologians were determined to gossip. They just couldn't keep their mouths shut and let the whole sordid affair blow over.
As usual, they made a big thing out of "nothing."

Imagine how sane the world would be if Mary had aborted claiming rape!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#249238 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The fact is, that what we believe might be of great comfort or discomfort to us ... but belief does not guarantee the ownership of absolute truth.
Illusion is very deceptive in deed!
For instance, a homosexual might believe he is evil from the perspective of a god, but that has no more basis in reality than the teaching that was imposed on him AS a reality.
And from my perspective that teaching by theologians was a blatant CRIME against all that is humane!
But Ink doesn't see it that way, as Ink believes that Catholicism is HOLY and VERY deserving of rewards in a hereafter.
More stupid stuff from you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249239 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Did I say I was an atheist? I don't believe I did. Personally, I think atheism is utter nonsense. Back to the point, I don't believe religion (which is not the same as having an intimate relationship with the Almighty) should have any say over who people can and cannot love. That's, of course, is just my opinion.
Having an imaginary relationship with an imaginary supposed almighty IS religion ... no matter what title you hang on it to make yourself appear wise and ever-knowing.

Some silly people refer to it as "spirituality" rather than religion ... as though THAT is a "superior" revelation!

Ignorance can't go beyond itself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249240 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
More stupid stuff from you.
At least I recognize I only post stupid stuff. You yet have that to learn about your own stupid stuff.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249241 Mar 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Having an imaginary relationship with an imaginary supposed almighty IS religion ... no matter what title you hang on it to make yourself appear wise and ever-knowing.

Some silly people refer to it as "spirituality" rather than religion ... as though THAT is a "superior" revelation!

Ignorance can't go beyond itself.

You can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God using the scientific method so calling my "religion" imaginary is as illogical as it is idiotic. At best you can simply state your opinion on the matter. But you have no authority to condemn it. Nor the proof (via the scientific method) to disprove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 2 min Wondering 64
News Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marri... 3 min WeTheSheeple 12
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 3 min Wondering 105
News Are the majority of Americans against religious... 4 min Blackburn 28
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 5 min WeTheSheeple 87
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Wondering 19,759
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 7 min Wall 183
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 10 min WeTheSheeple 2,082
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Poof1 654
More from around the web