Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#251962 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some Catholics that totally enjoy sex. I think the pope and his theologians are hoping that followers are still back in the Middle-age mindsets, but it just ain't so.
Women of Catholic faith use birth control and if it fails, many of them have abortions.
They may go to church, but they are as mortal as other people ... it seems to me.
the most sexualy agressive women i've met in my life were catholic,they cheated on their husbands with no problem at all with it,jewish women are the same way, i believe it's because of what they are told wrong ideas about sex before they are married,that is why most women have issues about sex because of the wrong way it is taught to them.fortunately cosmopolitan came out,and helped women with their problems and mis-conceptions. it's the proverbiale cookie jar.put it in front of a child and tell them they can not have it,they crave it more.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#251963 Apr 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the most sexualy agressive women i've met in my life were catholic,they cheated on their husbands with no problem at all with it,jewish women are the same way, i believe it's because of what they are told wrong ideas about sex before they are married,that is why most women have issues about sex because of the wrong way it is taught to them.fortunately cosmopolitan came out,and helped women with their problems and mis-conceptions. it's the proverbiale cookie jar.put it in front of a child and tell them they can not have it,they crave it more.
Different cultures taught different concepts of how sex could be moral or immoral, and some follow the expectations as best they can and others break the rules of supposed conduct.

Humans always have and always will have sex ... some in marriage, some out of marriage ... some will marry as heterosexuals, and later pair up as homosexuals, which is where they probably would have been in the first place if theologians hadn't taught that homosexuality was a sin to a "god."

Sex is not evil except in minds of believers that were conditioned to believe it is (in certain circumstances) evil.

I don't care who marries whom, as long as it's consensual by the people who want to get married.

Good luck to them. Marriage takes a lot of hard work and determination if it is to succeed. I'm on the 43rd year of my second marriage, and I believe it was not a miracle we are still together. It was persistence in putting up with each others arrogance and selfishness that so far has made the situation bearable.

tongue-in-cheek

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251964 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Different cultures taught different concepts of how sex could be moral or immoral, and some follow the expectations as best they can and others break the rules of supposed conduct.
Humans always have and always will have sex ... some in marriage, some out of marriage ... some will marry as heterosexuals, and later pair up as homosexuals, which is where they probably would have been in the first place if theologians hadn't taught that homosexuality was a sin to a "god."
Sex is not evil except in minds of believers that were conditioned to believe it is (in certain circumstances) evil.
I don't care who marries whom, as long as it's consensual by the people who want to get married.
Good luck to them. Marriage takes a lot of hard work and determination if it is to succeed. I'm on the 43rd year of my second marriage, and I believe it was not a miracle we are still together. It was persistence in putting up with each others arrogance and selfishness that so far has made the situation bearable.
tongue-in-cheek
Congratulations on your successful marriage, June. I've only been in my second marriage for 2 years, and I can only hope we'll be around in 43 years...we got started a little late.

:)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251965 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbis and Imams use it for supposed religious purposes.
No kidding.

“=”

Appleton WI

#251966 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignatius was a Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
And, in his writings, Ignatius uses the word Christianity, and he uses it ... in contrast with the word Judaism. We have here for the first time a polarity, a contrast. There is something called Judaism and there is something called Christianity, and true Christians will make sure that what they believe and what they do, is in fact Christianity and it's not Judaism. That is explicit and unambiguous for the very first time in the writings of Ignatius around the year 110 or 120 B.C....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Your link doesn't work, and I can't make any sense of your "answer."

The words Catholic and Christ are both from ancient Greek. Catholic means universal and christ means messiah (it was not Jesus' surname, it's more a title). Both words were used prior to the birth of Jesus as well as after in other contexts than we think of them today.

Ignatius may have used the term catholic (katholikos) in describing a particular Christian sect, or perhaps in general... and perhaps even coined the phrase "catholic church" which caught on, and incidentally was MEANT to include both Jews and Gentiles.

However, Ignatius certainly did not form or establish the official Roman Catholic Church just because he used an adjective in some letters. This happened much much later. I'm no expert, but various far less formalized groups of Christians existed long before the official Roman Catholic church was established.

Prince George, Canada

#251967 Apr 17, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations on your successful marriage, June. I've only been in my second marriage for 2 years, and I can only hope we'll be around in 43 years...we got started a little late.
Thank you and good luck to you.

I found a very patient and understanding man. Otherwise our marriage would have gone in the toilet a long time ago.

He's an Atheist, and was when I met him. I tried to change him to suit my religious beliefs, but it didn't work ... thankfully.

Prince George, Canada

#251968 Apr 17, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link doesn't work, and I can't make any sense of your "answer."
The words Catholic and Christ are both from ancient Greek. Catholic means universal and christ means messiah (it was not Jesus' surname, it's more a title). Both words were used prior to the birth of Jesus as well as after in other contexts than we think of them today.
Ignatius may have used the term catholic (katholikos) in describing a particular Christian sect, or perhaps in general... and perhaps even coined the phrase "catholic church" which caught on, and incidentally was MEANT to include both Jews and Gentiles.
However, Ignatius certainly did not form or establish the official Roman Catholic Church just because he used an adjective in some letters. This happened much much later. I'm no expert, but various far less formalized groups of Christians existed long before the official Roman Catholic church was established.
I don't intend to discuss with you Thomas, as you are underhanded and rude to boot.

I was never called batshit crazy as many times in my life, as occurred from you.

I didn't forget. You lost my respect back then, so go post to others such as Svaha who sided with you back then and who believes I am the same as Fred Phelps.

Prince George, Canada

#251969 Apr 17, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Gnostics (nos tiks) Various sects, mainly of Christian inspiration, which arose and flourished in the 2nd century with offshoots which survived into the fifth century. The name derives from the Gr. Word gnostis, knowledge, but it was usually used by the Gnostics in the sense of “revelation” which gave them certain mystic knowledge for salvation which others did not possess. It was essentially based on oriental DUALISM, the existence of two worlds, good and evil, the divine and the material. The body was regarded as the enemy of spiritual life. In most Gnostic systems there were seven world-creating powers, in a few their place was taken by one DEMIURGE. Christ was the final and perfect AEON. The Gnostic movement caused the Christian Church to develop its organization and doctrinal discipline. In 1945 fifty-two Gnostic texts were found in Upper Egypt which underline its intellectual challenge to the early Church. See also MANICHEANS; MARCIONITES.

“=”

Appleton WI

#251970 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't intend to discuss with you Thomas, as you are underhanded and rude to boot.
I was never called batshit crazy as many times in my life, as occurred from you.
I didn't forget. You lost my respect back then, so go post to others such as Svaha who sided with you back then and who believes I am the same as Fred Phelps.
okie dokie ;o

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#251971 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry that women believe they should even have to "justify" using birth control, or having abortions to a male clergy that sits on their duffs as though they know what the supposed god expects of women.
They teach that the god perceives women as evil temptresses and poor old Adam had no part in choosing to boink Eve, which by the way meant that he boinked his own rib that the supposed god made over into a woman.
Theology is really very stupid, and I hope for a day when women will not feel guilt for doing what they believe is necessary in their own lives, and that if they so choose, will shed their selves of a religion so ill within itself that there is no hope of improvement.
That same type of women being the temptresses which led to man's downfall was still widely believed throughout the fifties.

I was somewhat upset over the sexual revolution of the sixties, when it seemed promiscuity was going to lead the way - to the other extreme. Now, perhaps, we're approaching more of a happy medium? I sure hope so.

Gonna take a nap, hope to see you later.

Prince George, Canada

#251972 Apr 17, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
That same type of women being the temptresses which led to man's downfall was still widely believed throughout the fifties.
I was somewhat upset over the sexual revolution of the sixties, when it seemed promiscuity was going to lead the way - to the other extreme. Now, perhaps, we're approaching more of a happy medium? I sure hope so.
Gonna take a nap, hope to see you later.
From my perspective whatever happens concerning sex is not up to the theologians to decide for others. If they want to be sexually constipated by following some nonsensical theology, that is their right. But I suggest that they keep it to their selves, and don't try to give other gullible people the impression that one or another god demands it this way or that.

If it's consensual it's none of any body's business, and if it isn't consensual then it's time for the law to get involved and penalize offenders.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251973 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective whatever happens concerning sex is not up to the theologians to decide for others. If they want to be sexually constipated by following some nonsensical theology, that is their right. But I suggest that they keep it to their selves, and don't try to give other gullible people the impression that one or another god demands it this way or that.
If it's consensual it's none of any body's business, and if it isn't consensual then it's time for the law to get involved and penalize offenders.
Well I hope you pull down the shades at night.

Prince George, Canada

#251974 Apr 17, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well I hope you pull down the shades at night.
I do ... but not for that reason.

My guess is that those who are able, pick their noses. It's great sport, and when we get old, it's something we can still do without straining our old bodies.

I don't go so far as to eat my boogers though. That's more than I want on my "plate."

I won't ask you if you pick your nose Jumper, as I know you are shy about those issues.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#251975 Apr 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right on the mark again :)

Going to bed - might be back later, you know me.

By the way, is anyone here on oxygen? They just started me on it (COPD) and I'm NOT happy about it :(

nite, all :)

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#251976 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You've become exactly what you hate the most. A religious fanatic. Thomas merely disagreed with you and that was enough to put you in a rage. Just like the other religious fanatics who post here. What was that quote? "When fighting monsters be careful lest you become one"?

Prince George, Canada

#251977 Apr 18, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, is anyone here on oxygen? They just started me on it (COPD) and I'm NOT happy about it :(
nite, all :)
I hope you had a good sleep Sherlayne. I'm not on oxygen, but having asthma I certainly do understand shortage of breath.

I can imagine you are not happy about it, as being dependent on a machine is not a pleasant way to live. Anyway I wish you the best with whatever your suffering entails.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251978 Apr 18, 2013
Ah peace.

I sail my craft alone on crimson tides down the river of forgotton shores.

I more my boat and tie up on the bank.

"Ahoy there JuneVanderMark! We've come for some of ye freash cat fish!"

Prince George, Canada

#251980 Apr 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Ah peace.
I sail my craft alone on crimson tides down the river of forgotton shores.
I more my boat and tie up on the bank.
"Ahoy there JuneVanderMark! We've come for some of ye freash cat fish!"
Poetry won the heart of many women through time Jumper, but I'm not so sure that the theme of eating cat-fish won them over.

However, if you keep working on improving your poetry, maybe some day there will be a big pay-off for you ... the problem being that the woman that gets tangled on the end of your poetry-hook might be a she-devil, and if you think the male devil is mean, you ain't seen nothin yet!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#251981 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you had a good sleep Sherlayne. I'm not on oxygen, but having asthma I certainly do understand shortage of breath.
I can imagine you are not happy about it, as being dependent on a machine is not a pleasant way to live. Anyway I wish you the best with whatever your suffering entails.
Thanks so much for your kind concern :)

Prince George, Canada

#251982 Apr 19, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for your kind concern :)
You are very welcome.

A lot of people are on oxygen these days. The only other alternative is death, and it's natural that most of us want to live as long as possible.

It's a good thing medical scientists haven't discovered how to keep people from aging, because most of us would have to be "pushed" off a cliff in order to make room for the next generations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malta bans 'gay cure' conversion therapy 6 min Trump Wins 1
News Transgender student named king of Kansas school... 7 min Trump Wins 4
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 7 min Imprtnrd 2,247
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 8 min Trump Wins 19
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 9 min Trump Wins 241
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 1 hr greekboy26 27
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 6 hr Truth Sayer 1 942
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Truth Sayer 1 42,928
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Betty Davis 22,495
More from around the web