Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more

Since: Sep 09

Kitimat, Canada

#248956 Feb 27, 2013
Such a harmless animal is a frog, yet some adults are terrified of frogs ... proof positive that there is no cause for fear ... yet it takes over where calm otherwise would reside.

When Christians were certain that they saw evil in others, that's all it took to try to rid the world of such "evil," and the Inquistions found fertile soil in which to ply their physical horrors on others.

The person you must suspect of unrealistic behavior is the self ... the most untrustworthy beast in all the lands.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Frog Phobia Pills & Medicines

We strongly believe that no medication is the best prescription for frog phobia. If you are currently taking meds, of course, you should consult with your doctor before changing anything, but we believe the goal should always be to deal with the source of the problem, so you will not need pharmaceuticals.

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/frog-phobi...

Kitimat, Canada

#248957 Feb 27, 2013
To teach a vulnerable child that a devil is lurking in every corner to tempt the child to commit evil is absolute child abuse.

But adults are free to teach their children this archaic nonsense as truth simply because religion is perceived as holy and off limits to scrutiny.

The only hope for children is that adults will learn to escape such cults and dis them as total rubbish.

Kitimat, Canada

#248958 Feb 27, 2013
KINGS

...there is nothing diviner about a king than there is about a tramp, after all. He is just a cheap and hollow artificiality when you don't know he is a king. But reveal his quality, and dear me, it takes your breath away to look at him. I reckon we are all fools. Born so, no doubt.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248959 Feb 27, 2013
So again, cats were sacrificed for religious purposes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

An even more important change took place over the centuries. From about 332 B.C. to 30 B.C., animals began to be raised for the specific purpose of being turned into mummies. The mummies were sold to people on their way to worship a god and left at the temple as offerings.

http://www.mummytombs.com/egypt/animal.htm

Kitimat, Canada

#248960 Feb 27, 2013
LECTURING

I got horribly tired of the platform toward the last -- tired of the slavery of it; tired of having to rest-up for it; diet myself for it; take everlasting care of my body and my mind for it; deny myself in a thousand ways in its interest. Why, there isn't any slavery that is so exacting and so infernal. I hope I have trodden it for the last time; that bread-and-butter stress will never crowd me onto it again.
- letter to Henry H. Rogers, July 1896

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248961 Feb 27, 2013
LIES

The most outrageous lies that can be invented will find believers if a man only tells them with all his might.
- Letter to San Francisco Alta California, dated May 17, 1867; published June 16, 1867

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248962 Feb 27, 2013
Many scams succeeded on the premise that people trusted friends to know the truth of a matter. They looked up to their friends as wise people, able to make rational decisions, and in turn didn't do their own investigations. They thought that if their friends invested, it was good enough for them.

In so doing, many lost all their savings.

Laziness of thought often has its own disappointing rewards.

Kitimat, Canada

#248963 Feb 27, 2013
LIGHTNING

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
- Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248964 Feb 27, 2013
Until someone can verify by a skeleton that Sasquatches exist, I will be inclined to believe they don't exist.

People have tried to convince me that they are real, but I want proof ... not chatter.

Kitimat, Canada

#248965 Feb 27, 2013
If someone came to you today and stated that he/she saw the devil, would you be inclined to believe that person???

I suggest you would believe it only if there was something in that story that thrilled you.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248966 Feb 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If someone came to you today and stated that he/she saw the devil, would you be inclined to believe that person???
I suggest you would believe it only if there was something in that story that thrilled you.
I should be the last person to doubt; as I have been talking with one of his prototypes for years now.

Kitimat, Canada

#248967 Feb 27, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I should be the last person to doubt; as I have been talking with one of his prototypes for years now.
UH HUH! And did he congratulate you for being evil?

As you must KNOW by now, the devil is very proud of evil. Jehovah is also very proud of evil. If that were not so, he wouldn't have created evil, and he also wouldn't have the devil working for him full time, burning evil souls in hell for eternity.

I never knew such theology before it was taught to me by Christian self-professed truth-telling theologians, who are masters at their TRADE.

They trade lies for money. It doesn't get any better than THAT!

:)

Kitimat, Canada

#248968 Feb 27, 2013
LONELINESS

I feel for Adam and Eve now, for I know how it was with them....The Garden of Eden I now know was an unendurable solitude. I know that the advent of the serpent was a welcome change--anything for society.

-Mark Twain, a Biography

Kitimat, Canada

#248969 Feb 27, 2013
MALICE

Of all the creatures [man]...is the only one--the solitary one--that possesses malice....He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain...all creatures kill...man is the only one...that kills in malice, the only one that kills for revenge.
- Mark Twain's Autobiography
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248970 Feb 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
LONELINESS
I feel for Adam and Eve now, for I know how it was with them....The Garden of Eden I now know was an unendurable solitude. I know that the advent of the serpent was a welcome change--anything for society.
-Mark Twain, a Biography
SAY? Did you catch the Pope's last adress?

I wonder who they have lined up in the bull pen to replace him?
Some say (not I ofcourse)that it's the last one by the title of 'Peater Rabbitt' if I remembered correctly.

Kitimat, Canada

#248971 Feb 27, 2013
Maybe humans are not the only animals that have intentions of malice.

A woman visited a caged Gorilla often and would smile at the gorilla, believing she was creating a friendly bond.

One day the gorilla got loose of his cage and although there were many people from which to choose, he honed in on the woman and laid quite a beating on her.

According to some who study the behavior of gorillas, they take a show of teeth as a threat. Just maybe he was "getting even."

Kitimat, Canada

#248972 Feb 27, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>SAY? Did you catch the Pope's last adress?
I wonder who they have lined up in the bull pen to replace him?
Some say (not I ofcourse)that it's the last one by the title of 'Peater Rabbitt' if I remembered correctly.
No I didn't. I was busy picking my nose and studying my belly button, wondering if those theologians have yet decided whether or not Adam had a belly button.

And from my perspective, the only way this pope will be the last one is if some religious adventurist causes a nuclear war so that a savopr will at last come to the rescue ... in which case the least of concerns will be if another ignorant pope sits on a throne.

Kitimat, Canada

#248973 Feb 27, 2013
savior

Kitimat, Canada

#248974 Feb 27, 2013
I suggest if there is a nuclear war, there indeed will be a fast-track to heaven, or wherever else bits and pieces of bodies, or if they exist, souls or spirits land.

Maybe humans will at least get that part right by finishing humanity off good and proper.

That's my perception of positive thinking!

Kitimat, Canada

#248975 Feb 27, 2013
And by the way, those male theologians didn't seem to care whether or not Eve had a belly button.

Adam was their only concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min The Stupid Ones 58,736
News Black, Gay Cowboy: Michael Sam Steps Up (Sep '14) 7 min Fa-Foxy 25
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min lides 17,702
News Pastor stands against same-sex marriage 19 min Auntie Theist 289
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 21 min Blackburn 30,825
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 24 min Brian_G 728
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 42 min Fa-Foxy 66
News Businesses: Indiana's gay discrimination is bad... 1 hr Compassion 18
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 4 hr cpeter1313 510
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 4 hr nhjeff 1,563
More from around the web