Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220349 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248946 Feb 26, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt- that region is famous for its salt pillars; they're natural there. How convenient that a fairy tale like that develops, huh?
And you know, when I was a kid, I truly believed a rainbow was a miracle - God's promise to us to never flood the earth again; a rainbow is as natural as a salt pillar.
That a pillar of salt was once a woman should have alerted people that the story was ridiculous ... but many seemed to take it in stride that it was based on truth.

The myth-makers also managed to mess with the rainbow.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Rainbow Legends

In some North Carolina folklore, rainbows were considered a sign of impending calamity. One old tradition holds that a house overarched by a rainbow would experience a disaster in the near future.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248947 Feb 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That a pillar of salt was once a woman should have alerted people that the story was ridiculous ... but many seemed to take it in stride that it was based on truth.
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
Rainbow Legends
In some North Carolina folklore, rainbows were considered a sign of impending calamity. One old tradition holds that a house overarched by a rainbow would experience a disaster in the near future.
You are quite salty at times yourself.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#248948 Feb 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow Legends
There's no end to their superstition.

Kitimat, Canada

#248949 Feb 27, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You are quite salty at times yourself.
You're correct jumper, but I never came from a salt-"shaker." That is a scientific impossibility.

:)

Kitimat, Canada

#248950 Feb 27, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no end to their superstition.
People either learned their superstitions from others, or they veered off from others to create a new batch of superstitions.

The Egyptians deified cats as holy, and the Christians vilified the same animal as evil.

Humans are not at all wise, but there are those who keep pretending that wisdom specifically chose to come their way.

Kitimat, Canada

#248951 Feb 27, 2013
During the Persian invasion of 529 B.C.E., the Egyptians' deification of the cat proved their undoing. Knowing of the obsession of the Egyptian people with the divinity of felines, Cambyses II, king of the Persians, made a cat part of the standard issue to each of his soldiers. The Nile-dwellers led by King Psamtik III laid down their spears and bows for fear of harming the cat that each enemy soldier carried, and the Persians conquered the city of Pelusium without shedding a drop of blood.

http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Superstitions...

Kitimat, Canada

#248952 Feb 27, 2013
For the sake of freedom of speech I hope William wins his court case.

I believe that the more he makes a fool of himself with his silly words, the more he works inadvertently in the favor of homosexuals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

How former ‘street kid’ William Whatcott became the ‘deliberately provocative’ spark behind Supreme Court hate-speech ruling

A sexual purist and Christian fundamentalist who regrets his own homosexual conduct during a youthful period of drug use and criminality, Mr. Whatcott’s top court hearing focused on his claim that, in fact, he loves homosexuals, in the Christian sense, and it is only their conduct he denounces as filthy and corrupt.

He does so vigorously, despite many citations and charges, and was even stopped by police the night before his 2011 Supreme Court hearing in Ottawa.

On Wednesday morning, the Supreme Court will announce its decision on whether this zeal reflects a constitutionally protected religious imperative, or a flimsy excuse for hate speech. The ruling, which is expected to revisit a 20-year-old legal definition of hate, could decide the fate of not only Saskatchewan’s human rights law against hate speech, but others around the country, including the federal ban on internet hate speech, known as Section 13.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/26/how-f...

Kitimat, Canada

#248953 Feb 27, 2013
William puts himself up to be a proficient and KNOWABLE speaker on what offends his god and what his god deems is holy behavior.

To William, no doubt his own behavior is based on the holiest of holy causes.

He's no different than Ink, who now claims that her god allows Atheists to simply die without any penalty.

All theologians such as William and Ink believe they know what pleases and displeases a god.

That type of ridiculous behavior has gone on since the beginning of religion, with no end in sight!

Kitimat, Canada

#248954 Feb 27, 2013
You don't have to go to a university to be a theologian.

A theologian is a person who claims to know what mental state the gods are in ... who they love ... who they hate ... who they will take to bliss in an afterlife ... and who they will disown as evil or just plain rubbish.

Welcome to the club of theologians world-wide who can see the gods with their inner eyes and know the minds of the gods with their intuitions.

How blessed are they that KNOW!!! Sarcasm intended.

Kitimat, Canada

#248955 Feb 27, 2013
Where you place your faith will be perceived by you as your reality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Some people believe that the unwavering stare of the cat can bring about illness or insanity or even cause death. Such an unreasoning, fearful response to cats is known as ailurophobia. Henry III of England (1207–1272) would faint at the sight of a cat. Adolf Hitler (1889–1945) had plans to dominate the world with his Third Reich, but the sight of a cat set him trembling. Napoleon Bonaparte (1769– 1821) arrogantly snatched the crown of the Holy Roman Emperor from the pope and conquered nearly all Europe, but when he spotted a cat in his palace, he shouted for help.

http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Superstitions...

Kitimat, Canada

#248956 Feb 27, 2013
Such a harmless animal is a frog, yet some adults are terrified of frogs ... proof positive that there is no cause for fear ... yet it takes over where calm otherwise would reside.

When Christians were certain that they saw evil in others, that's all it took to try to rid the world of such "evil," and the Inquistions found fertile soil in which to ply their physical horrors on others.

The person you must suspect of unrealistic behavior is the self ... the most untrustworthy beast in all the lands.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Frog Phobia Pills & Medicines

We strongly believe that no medication is the best prescription for frog phobia. If you are currently taking meds, of course, you should consult with your doctor before changing anything, but we believe the goal should always be to deal with the source of the problem, so you will not need pharmaceuticals.

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/frog-phobi...

Kitimat, Canada

#248957 Feb 27, 2013
To teach a vulnerable child that a devil is lurking in every corner to tempt the child to commit evil is absolute child abuse.

But adults are free to teach their children this archaic nonsense as truth simply because religion is perceived as holy and off limits to scrutiny.

The only hope for children is that adults will learn to escape such cults and dis them as total rubbish.

Kitimat, Canada

#248958 Feb 27, 2013
KINGS

...there is nothing diviner about a king than there is about a tramp, after all. He is just a cheap and hollow artificiality when you don't know he is a king. But reveal his quality, and dear me, it takes your breath away to look at him. I reckon we are all fools. Born so, no doubt.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248959 Feb 27, 2013
So again, cats were sacrificed for religious purposes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

An even more important change took place over the centuries. From about 332 B.C. to 30 B.C., animals began to be raised for the specific purpose of being turned into mummies. The mummies were sold to people on their way to worship a god and left at the temple as offerings.

http://www.mummytombs.com/egypt/animal.htm

Kitimat, Canada

#248960 Feb 27, 2013
LECTURING

I got horribly tired of the platform toward the last -- tired of the slavery of it; tired of having to rest-up for it; diet myself for it; take everlasting care of my body and my mind for it; deny myself in a thousand ways in its interest. Why, there isn't any slavery that is so exacting and so infernal. I hope I have trodden it for the last time; that bread-and-butter stress will never crowd me onto it again.
- letter to Henry H. Rogers, July 1896

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248961 Feb 27, 2013
LIES

The most outrageous lies that can be invented will find believers if a man only tells them with all his might.
- Letter to San Francisco Alta California, dated May 17, 1867; published June 16, 1867

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248962 Feb 27, 2013
Many scams succeeded on the premise that people trusted friends to know the truth of a matter. They looked up to their friends as wise people, able to make rational decisions, and in turn didn't do their own investigations. They thought that if their friends invested, it was good enough for them.

In so doing, many lost all their savings.

Laziness of thought often has its own disappointing rewards.

Kitimat, Canada

#248963 Feb 27, 2013
LIGHTNING

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
- Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Mark Twain

Kitimat, Canada

#248964 Feb 27, 2013
Until someone can verify by a skeleton that Sasquatches exist, I will be inclined to believe they don't exist.

People have tried to convince me that they are real, but I want proof ... not chatter.

Kitimat, Canada

#248965 Feb 27, 2013
If someone came to you today and stated that he/she saw the devil, would you be inclined to believe that person???

I suggest you would believe it only if there was something in that story that thrilled you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 2 min Messenger 3,190
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 12 min EdmondWA 489
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min Frances 25,875
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 16 min too lazy to log in 57
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 17 min lol 26
News Read one gay dad's scathing letter to anti-LGBT... 18 min lol 28
News Kentucky clerk, citing God, defies courts on ga... 19 min WasteWater 4
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 34 min WasteWater 1,243
More from around the web