Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 215229 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254283 Dec 20, 2013
Prayer makes people feel better because it makes people feel they are actively doing something that may be helpful. But the fact is, prayer is exactly as effective as doing nothing. It is exactly as effective as screaming at the clouds.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254284 Dec 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
Prayer makes people feel better because it makes people feel they are actively doing something that may be helpful. But the fact is, prayer is exactly as effective as doing nothing. It is exactly as effective as screaming at the clouds.
How would you know?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254285 Dec 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
With the wide array of contraception available any inteligent woman who can follow directions should not be getting pregnant. Teaching children to read and comprehend would be wise.
Wow.

So, any woman who gets pregnant who did not intend to is unintelligent and incapable of following directions. Gotcha. You're even more ignorant and narrow-minded than I previously suspected. You are insulting a hell of a lot of women, including quite possibly your own mother.

Teaching children to read and comprehend would indeed be wise... with emphasis on the "comprehend." But are you insinuating that unwanted pregnancies are a result of illiteracy?

And why did you ignore the part about prayer, which was what the original subject was? If prayer was a worthwhile endeavor, why doesn't the almighty sky-daddy help make sure these stupid, belligerent women don't get pregnant?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254286 Dec 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
So, any woman who gets pregnant who did not intend to is unintelligent and incapable of following directions. Gotcha. You're even more ignorant and narrow-minded than I previously suspected. You are insulting a hell of a lot of women, including quite possibly your own mother.
Teaching children to read and comprehend would indeed be wise... with emphasis on the "comprehend." But are you insinuating that unwanted pregnancies are a result of illiteracy?
And why did you ignore the part about prayer, which was what the original subject was? If prayer was a worthwhile endeavor, why doesn't the almighty sky-daddy help make sure these stupid, belligerent women don't get pregnant?
Wow ,say someone should be able to avoid pregnancy and the sky falls in. I am insinuating that unwanted pregnancies are a result of irresponsibility and callous use of birth control products.

I didn't understand your second question therefore I have no response. If you want to be more specific, ask again.
RutherfordDiedFo rYourSins

Albany, CA

#254287 Dec 21, 2013
WAR?

when the one waging the war surrenders to TRUTH there will be dancing in the streets!

“=”

Appleton WI

#254288 Dec 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
With the wide array of contraception available any inteligent woman who can follow directions should not be getting pregnant. Teaching children to read and comprehend would be wise.
Wow. You can't be serious with this crap... can you? You are more ignorant and narrow-minded than I previously suspected.

You are insulting a LOT of women, including quite possibly your own mother. So, you think women who get pregnant who didn't intend to are unintelligent and unable to follow directions?

Yes, teaching children to read and comprehend would be wise indeed (emphasis on comprehend), but are you suggesting that unwanted pregnancies are primarily a result of illiteracy? WTF?

How do you suggest we deal with these stupid, belligerent women? Hey, let's ask the pope, because who knows more about pregnancy and reproduction than an old Catholic priest? Well.... GOD, of course. And the pope has a direct line to GOD, even if GOD seems to change a little (or a lot) with each new pope.

And GOD is preparing to smite you for suggesting a "wide array of contraception" as a means to minimize unwanted pregnancies. Nosirrreee, GOD would rather slaughter children after they are born than prevent them from being born in the first place.

And just in case GOD forgets which children were slaughtered in his name, remember to smear their blood on the front door, okay? But any intelligent, well-read person who can follow directions would know that, right?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254289 Dec 27, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You can't be serious with this crap... can you? You are more ignorant and narrow-minded than I previously suspected.
You are insulting a LOT of women, including quite possibly your own mother. So, you think women who get pregnant who didn't intend to are unintelligent and unable to follow directions?
Yes, teaching children to read and comprehend would be wise indeed (emphasis on comprehend), but are you suggesting that unwanted pregnancies are primarily a result of illiteracy? WTF?
How do you suggest we deal with these stupid, belligerent women? Hey, let's ask the pope, because who knows more about pregnancy and reproduction than an old Catholic priest? Well.... GOD, of course. And the pope has a direct line to GOD, even if GOD seems to change a little (or a lot) with each new pope.
And GOD is preparing to smite you for suggesting a "wide array of contraception" as a means to minimize unwanted pregnancies. Nosirrreee, GOD would rather slaughter children after they are born than prevent them from being born in the first place.
And just in case GOD forgets which children were slaughtered in his name, remember to smear their blood on the front door, okay? But any intelligent, well-read person who can follow directions would know that, right?
Yes I know, it is unheard of to ask that people, women in particular take responsibility for their own lives. Anyone who is having sex and doesn't want to get pregnant, doesn't have to. Any number on contraceptives are highly effective. Use one or all.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254290 Dec 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know, it is unheard of to ask that people, women in particular take responsibility for their own lives. Anyone who is having sex and doesn't want to get pregnant, doesn't have to. Any number on contraceptives are highly effective. Use one or all.
As the adds for male erectile disfunction products say-- You do not know when the "moment" will occur---

Sexual intercourse does not always occur at a scheduled time or place.

When the stars align correctly sexual things happen.

You are recommending that every teenager to pre-menopausal woman carry about or be on contraceptives.

Do you have any advice for members of the male cohort about contraception or is it that you think it is only up to females to "Protect" themselves?

Getting back to the usefulness of prayer---Do you recommend prayer as one of your "Highly Effective" means of contraception.--?

That was the origin of this recent series of posts.

You have sidestepped answering that question.

Your answer please---

Ink

Havertown, PA

#254291 Dec 28, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
As the adds for male erectile disfunction products say-- You do not know when the "moment" will occur---
Sexual intercourse does not always occur at a scheduled time or place.
When the stars align correctly sexual things happen.
You are recommending that every teenager to pre-menopausal woman carry about or be on contraceptives.
Do you have any advice for members of the male cohort about contraception or is it that you think it is only up to females to "Protect" themselves?
Getting back to the usefulness of prayer---Do you recommend prayer as one of your "Highly Effective" means of contraception.--?
That was the origin of this recent series of posts.
You have sidestepped answering that question.
Your answer please---
If you need me to give you instructions on avoiding pregnancy, I will be happy to oblige. Praying isn't one of them.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254292 Dec 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need me to give you instructions on avoiding pregnancy, I will be happy to oblige. Praying isn't one of them.
so what you're saying is that a woman can say to a rapist or abusive husband or a "here dear, just slip this condom on" and, also, you're absolving the male of the species of any responsibility for impregnating a woman. You really should pray for some common sense as not all pregnancy is avoidable as you "pray" it is

“=”

Appleton WI

#254293 Dec 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't really a reply, it's just a re-stating of your ignorance... now calling women irresponsible in addition to unintelligent and unable to follow directions.

I'm guessing you're not Catholic, but some other variety of cafeteria Christian, since you're really pushing for contraception. I agree that people should use it more and make sure they're educated about such matters.

But the way you depict women who get unintentionally pregnant is pretty sickening and ignorant. It suggests you know very little about actually having sex, and people in general. This shouldn't surprise me, since you have such an odd and irritating way of attempting to communicate with people.

I can only guess that you somehow feel superior to others for never having sex and never getting pregnant. That may not actually be true, but it's the only thing that comes close to making any sense, considering the crap you've posted here.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254294 Dec 31, 2013
I left the Catholic Church about two years ago for good.
(I know I didn't attend two Christmas masses so it's about 2 yrs.)

I only went back for a funeral.

There is no way I could even go back because I don't even recognize or acknowledge the Pope's authority.

Since I stop going to confession, to masses etc...,my blood pressure is perfect. I did what was right for me not whatever body else say I should do.

I was told that folks miss me, still love me, pray for me to come back.
If I go back I would need to take pills for depression because I would need to pretend and go through all the rituals like I'm still really into it.
I won't do that. It's better being true to myself.

I respect others who are still part of the Catholic Church like friends, relatives and all my brothers.

Happy New Year to ALL posters that includes you June!

Happy New Year to one of the kind Thomas (Tre H)!

Ink

Havertown, PA

#254295 Dec 31, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't really a reply, it's just a re-stating of your ignorance... now calling women irresponsible in addition to unintelligent and unable to follow directions.
I'm guessing you're not Catholic, but some other variety of cafeteria Christian, since you're really pushing for contraception. I agree that people should use it more and make sure they're educated about such matters.
But the way you depict women who get unintentionally pregnant is pretty sickening and ignorant. It suggests you know very little about actually having sex, and people in general. This shouldn't surprise me, since you have such an odd and irritating way of attempting to communicate with people.
I can only guess that you somehow feel superior to others for never having sex and never getting pregnant. That may not actually be true, but it's the only thing that comes close to making any sense, considering the crap you've posted here.
I think it is you who expect so little of women. You think that even with the availability of all types of contraception today, that women still shouldn't be expected to protect themselves.
I guess it is irritating to be realistic instead of enabling. We have a country full of people who can't do the slightest thing for themselves and it starts with personal responsibility.
I am very sympathethic for women who have gotten in bad situations but I can't maintain that sympathy when one doesn't learn and make changes. Being unintentionally pregnant shouldn't be a lifestyle and sadly too often it is.

As for me, I have four children.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254296 Dec 31, 2013
Estelle wrote:
There is no way I could even go back because I don't even recognize or acknowledge the Pope's authority.
Since I stop going to confession, to masses etc...,my blood pressure is perfect. I did what was right for me not whatever body else say I should do.
If I go back I would need to take pills for depression because I would need to pretend and go through all the rituals like I'm still really into it.
I respect others who are still part of the Catholic Church like friends, relatives and all my brothers.
Lots of people have left the churc but I don't see any mention of God in your post. I thought that was strange.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254297 Dec 31, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you're saying is that a woman can say to a rapist or abusive husband or a "here dear, just slip this condom on" and, also, you're absolving the male of the species of any responsibility for impregnating a woman. You really should pray for some common sense as not all pregnancy is avoidable as you "pray" it is
Yes you are right if you live in a world of rapists and abusive husbands. An abusive husband forcing himself on you is also rape. Why are none of these rapes reported by abortion clinics and no one is ever brought to trial?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254298 Jan 1, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people have left the churc but I don't see any mention of God in your post. I thought that was strange.
Deflection Ink?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254300 Jan 1, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection Ink?
No. You made your point, what else do you want?
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254301 Jan 2, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are right if you live in a world of rapists and abusive husbands. An abusive husband forcing himself on you is also rape. Why are none of these rapes reported by abortion clinics and no one is ever brought to trial?
How fortunate for you that your world is different. How fortunate for you that you are not exposed to the world others must live in. That you don't have to acknowledge that someone else's reality isn't valid because you say so
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254302 Jan 2, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection Ink?
No one elses reality is valid except for Ink's. Someone elses experiences don't count because Ink hasn't experienced it but feels competent to comment on those experiences bcause she has "faith".

“=”

Appleton WI

#254303 Jan 2, 2014
Estelle wrote:
Happy New Year Estelle... and everybody else.
May 2014 be better than 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smiling Tennessee hardware store owner puts 'No... 1 hr MAGA 86
News Varadkar hails - unknown heroes' as he marks de... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Cheers erupt as Federal Court judge approves hi... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 4
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 291
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr MAGA 28,164
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Messenger of Love 62,994
News US top court rules for baker in gay wedding cak... 3 hr Terra Firma 665