Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#248522 Feb 21, 2013
A woman of the Christian faith (according to what she says) just can't wait to die and be with Jesus.

Other people of the world are too evil for her to accept.

Yet for every ache and pain, she rushes off to the doctors for assistance with problems concerning her health.

She is aware of the fact that I'm not a Christian ... so my guess is, I am also perceived by her as "evil."

And that's just fine with me.

The only thing religion has done for her, is make her want to die. I refer to her mindset of wanting to die, as the "Mother Teresa syndrome."
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248523 Feb 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by the word "power?"
I mean somthing like intuition or an inner voice you feel comfortable with.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248524 Feb 21, 2013
I somtimes recall the advice of my grandmother when making a choice.

Houston, Canada

#248525 Feb 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I mean somthing like intuition or an inner voice you feel comfortable with.
I don't believe any divine or evil voice of a god or a devil is guiding me, if that's what you mean.

I talk to myself and am guided by what I answer back to myself.

Houston, Canada

#248526 Feb 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I somtimes recall the advice of my grandmother when making a choice.
If you were raised by dogs, as was Oxana Malaya for the first six years of her life ... you would have memories only of dog-language.

Houston, Canada

#248527 Feb 21, 2013
five years of her life

Houston, Canada

#248528 Feb 21, 2013
Apparently it was eight years altogether.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Oxana is a feral child, one of only about 100 known in the world. The story goes that, when she was three, her indifferent, alcoholic parents left her outside one night and she crawled into a hovel where they kept dogs.

No one came to look for her or even seemed to notice she was gone, so she stayed where there was warmth and food - raw meat and scraps - forgetting what it was to be human, losing what toddler's language she had and learning to survive as a member of the pack.

A shameful five years later, a neighbour reported a child living with animals. When she was found, at the age of eight in 1991, Oxana could hardly speak and ran around on all fours barking, mimicking her carers.

Though she must have seen humans at a distance, and seems occasionally to have entered the family house like a stray, they were no longer her species: all meaningful life was contained in a kennel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio...

Houston, Canada

#248529 Feb 21, 2013
Scientists believe that, in addition to humans, reptiles, birds and other mammals also dream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

Houston, Canada

#248530 Feb 21, 2013
From the book The True Believer Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

The fiercest fanatics are often selfish people who were forced, by innate shortcomings or external circumstances, to lose faith in their own selves. They separate the excellent instrument of selfishness from their ineffectual selves and attach it to the service of some holy cause. And though it be a faith of love and humility they adopt, they can be neither loving nor humble.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248531 Feb 21, 2013
I should'a stayed in bed.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#248532 Feb 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the brain cells programmed to do our thinking for us??? If they are then the power is theirs ... not ours.
When the brain cells in humans completely die, the power will be gone, as is what occurs with other animals.
If there is more to live, of that I am not aware, and neither are others, except for what they created in their imaginations.
That is my perception.
June, about 2-3 weeks ago I went into insulin shock (dangerously low blood sugar). I can't go below 75 w/o feeling very ill, and somehow my sugar dropped to 20. My husband literally saved my life; I have one of those "help I've fallen" machines and he quickly pressed the button. He said I was unconscious for about a half hour. I always wondered how being unconscious felt - it was nothing more than a dreamless sleep. I can't help but wonder if death is like that - simply nothingness. Why would a god want to keep trillions of souls in some type of afterlife anyway? What could possibly be the purpose?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248534 Feb 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Because I won't believe that anyone burns in hell, Ink suggests that I'm full of hate.
It seems she believes that Jehovah has the same "opinion."
:)
You believe that death is the end. That there is no hope for anything but the bugs chewing on you. That may not be hatred but it sure is hopelessness. I won't go there with you. For me life is a journey toward a more perfect existance forever.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248535 Feb 22, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, about 2-3 weeks ago I went into insulin shock (dangerously low blood sugar). I can't go below 75 w/o feeling very ill, and somehow my sugar dropped to 20. My husband literally saved my life; I have one of those "help I've fallen" machines and he quickly pressed the button. He said I was unconscious for about a half hour. I always wondered how being unconscious felt - it was nothing more than a dreamless sleep. I can't help but wonder if death is like that - simply nothingness. Why would a god want to keep trillions of souls in some type of afterlife anyway? What could possibly be the purpose?
Being unconscientious and death are two different things.

Houston, Canada

#248536 Feb 22, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your suffering Sherlayne.

When you slipped into unconsciousness, your heart was still pumping and in turn giving the brain-cells all the necessary life-sustaining elements. It's a different issue than when the heart stops pumping blood and the brain-cells go into states of shocked-hibernation. It is those occasions when people have what is termed now as death experiences where they "see the light." My guess is, in such cases, the cells are simply traumatized and are sending off electrical signals in their distress.

As for you wondering why a god would want to keep souls in some type of afterlife ... my guess is a god wouldn't even want to keep souls alive in THIS life, and that's why I no longer believe in a god or religion of any brain-"brand."

From my perspective, all religion is a trick of the mind, and the tricks were played on us by theologians that didn't know anything more than their fantasy allowed.

Houston, Canada

#248537 Feb 22, 2013
There was a reason and is a reason that preachers of religion teach followers to "keep the faith."

If people ask questions, religion falls apart comparable to a house created from playing cards.

"Keep the faith" means "Don't ask questions, and we won't find it necessary to tell you that we don't have answers ... we just have beliefs, and our beliefs are based on nothing but fantasy."

They are teaching you to keep faith in THEIR fantasies.

Houston, Canada

#248538 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that death is the end. That there is no hope for anything but the bugs chewing on you. That may not be hatred but it sure is hopelessness. I won't go there with you. For me life is a journey toward a more perfect existance forever.
I hope that death is the end of suffering.

You lust for eternal bliss for yourself and are content to believe that others DESERVE suffering in a hell and that Jehovah has every right to punish those other evil souls.

You are a despicable self-ingratiating creature.

Houston, Canada

#248539 Feb 22, 2013
Ink figures people have a choice. I agree.

Ink chooses to believe that I am a fool, and she is wise.

I choose to believe that humans are all fools and that includes me.

Belief is all about choice.

Houston, Canada

#248540 Feb 22, 2013
I don't want any more babies to be born into life on earth to starve to death.

Apparently the gods are comfortable with that issue.

I don't want to visit or be in any long-term care facility, where people are begging to die, are suffering hour after hour, day after day, year after year.

Apparently the gods are comfortable with that issue.

Yes, I want suffering to end, but it won't end until death, and then I hope that death will end the suffering.

If that is evil ... then so be it. I don't mind being evil.

Houston, Canada

#248541 Feb 22, 2013
Ink believes I am terrible and morbid for not wanting life to continue after death as her religion teaches is truth.

But guess WHERE Ink believes her precious self is going???

You only get ONE guess ... YES ... you are right. She's going to eternal bliss.

I wonder how she would like the thought of her "righteous" self burning in hell, or being deprived of Jehovah's love for eternity.

She doesn't want to go there in her thoughts.

Religion is sickening!

Houston, Canada

#248542 Feb 22, 2013
The words on the cover of the bible are deceptive.

They teach that there is a loving god and a devil. But on the cover of the bible it states only the word "holy."

If hell exists, hell and evil should have equal rights.

The cover on the bible should state "The holy AND evil bible."

That would be fair PLAY!

That way Ink could choose holiness and heaven, and I could choose evil and hell.

Wouldn't THAT be fun for you Ink???

Silly fool!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 11 min KiMare 2,861
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 21 min RevKen 26,712
Obama calls on women only at news conference 30 min Bryan Fischer s H... 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 32 min Pietro Armando 5,019
Gay man wins suit against clinic that used shoc... 32 min Bryan Fischer s H... 1
Supreme Court Allows Same-Sex Marriage In Florida 52 min Jooy 1
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 53 min Bryan Fischer s H... 19
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 5,510
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 1 hr WeTheSheeple 18
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 6 hr Mikey 14
More from around the web