Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220008 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248900 Feb 26, 2013
Mark Twain was able to include his self in the mess known as humanity.

Those in religion all too often perceive that their selves are flying high above the crowd and others are evil offenders of gods.

I suggest you come down to earth and join those of us who already understand that we are mortal and have no urge to go in search of the illusive "perfection."

Prince George, Canada

#248901 Feb 26, 2013
I have no race prejudices, and I think I have no color prejudices or caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. Indeed I know it. I can stand any society. All that I care to know is that a man is a human being--that is enough for me; he can't be any worse.
- "Concerning the Jews"

Mark Twain
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#248902 Feb 26, 2013
June, is this really how you want to spend the rest of your days? Are you a shut in? Do you sleep? Again I say GET HELP!

Prince George, Canada

#248903 Feb 26, 2013
HUNTING
Hunting

There are many indications that the Thug often hunted men for the mere sport of it; that the fright and pain of the quarry were no more to him than are the fright and pain of the rabbit or the stag to us; and that he was no more ashamed of beguiling his game with deceits and abusing its trust than are we when we have imitated a wild animal's call and shot it when it honored us with its confidence and came to see what we wanted.
- Following the Equator

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248904 Feb 26, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
June, is this really how you want to spend the rest of your days? Are you a shut in? Do you sleep? Again I say GET HELP!
Your whining at me is not working.

I suggest you start your own thread. I'm sure it will be a "killer."

:)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248905 Feb 26, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
I like THIS June a lot better.

All that talk about Ancient Rome and crusades are ok,but it don't mean Jack to most of us on here.

Prince George, Canada

#248906 Feb 26, 2013
MESMERISTS / HYPNOTIST

The mind exercises a powerful influence over the body. From the beginning of time, the sorcerer, the interpreter of dreams, the fortune-teller, the charlatan, the quack, the wild medicine-man, the educated physician, the mesmerist, and the hypnotist have made use of the client's imagination to help them in their work. They have all recognized the potency and availability of that force.
- Christian Science

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248907 Feb 26, 2013
HYPOCRITE

This nation is like all the others that have been spewed upon the earth--ready to shout for any cause that will tickle its vanity or fill its pocket. What a hell of a heaven it will be when they get all these hypocrites assembled there!
- Letter to J. H. Twichell, 1/29/1901

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248908 Feb 26, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I like THIS June a lot better.
All that talk about Ancient Rome and crusades are ok,but it don't mean Jack to most of us on here.
But just mention salvation and you are all a-twitter ... RIGHT Jumper???

That nonsense of the word salvation was what instigated the crusades, and that is why the study of ancient history is important. If we don't study history, we won't know how to repeat it. Sardonic humor.

Prince George, Canada

#248909 Feb 26, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
And by the way Jumper ... if you aren't interested in reading about the mess humans made concerning history ... why do you read what I post in concern with such history?

After all, your bible can give you much greater thrills by promising eternal bliss in a hereafter spent with Jehovah, who by the way created evil AND good.

In order for a god to create evil ... it seems to me that evil has to be good, or the god wouldn't be good.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248910 Feb 26, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Relevance is not her strong card

Prince George, Canada

#248911 Feb 26, 2013
IDEAS

The man with a new idea is a Crank until the idea succeeds.
- Following the Equator

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248912 Feb 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Relevance is not her strong card
You stole all the good things away from me, and that is why I'm so evil and you are so holy!

Prince George, Canada

#248913 Feb 26, 2013
It's relevant to Ink that she goes to bliss in the afterlife and others burn in hell.

Now THAT is important and impressive relevance ... if you are Ink!

Prince George, Canada

#248914 Feb 26, 2013
Ink is a heaven-hog ... but more than eager to allow others their share of hellfire and damnation.

It's Christianity at it's most NOBLE cause.

Prince George, Canada

#248915 Feb 26, 2013
Idiots

We are all erring creatures, and mainly idiots, but God made us so and it is dangerous to criticise.
- Letter to the President of Western Union, New York, 1902

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248916 Feb 26, 2013
These Christians are not on the forum for any other reason than to try to convert others to their own cults.

They start out feigning humility, pretence of holiness and kindness with their tricky use of words ... and when that fails, they fall back on insults ... which always was their under-lying nature.

I start out with insults, as it saves a lot time and cuts right to the chase.

Since I shed my own religious spells as being no more than indoctrinated illusive garbage ... I'm not on a forum for any other reason than to dis all religion ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#248917 Feb 26, 2013
I am not at all bitter at my parents and others for teaching me religion, as I realize they did their best. But that doesn't mean that their best concerning religion was based on truth. Not even close.

I cherish the memories of my beloved parents, and I miss their tenderness of how they loved me and were so kind to me ... but it's now up to me to make my own way and to not follow what I am certain was nonsense and nothing BUT nonsense!

Prince George, Canada

#248918 Feb 26, 2013
IGNORANCE

The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes.
- Mark Twain's Speeches, 1910 ed.

Prince George, Canada

#248919 Feb 26, 2013
IGNORANCE

His ignorance covered the whole earth like a blanket, and there was hardly a hole in it anywhere.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

...one should be gentle with the ignorant, for they are the chosen of God.
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 5/12/1899

Mark Twain

Nothing is so ignorant as a man's left hand, except a lady's watch.
- Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

Mark Twain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Respect71 21,916
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 11 min No Surprise 3,872
News Researcher accused of fraud in gay marriage stu... 33 min EdmondWA 82
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min James 51,763
News Ireland same-sex marriage 51 min American_Infidel 452
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 56 min EdmondWA 33,362
News Jenner debuts post-Bruce look, breaks Twitter r... 57 min Fa-Foxy 3
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 114
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Reverend Alan 5,785
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 hr Rose_NoHo 2,676
More from around the web