Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248428 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that you mention Romans throwing Christians to the lions ... yet never once mention Catholics murdering Jews and all others who wouldn't believe as the Catholics dictated???
Is that a coincidence ... or is it favoritism to your own cult???
Never mind ... it's obvious that you only favor the history that appeals to your Catholicism and your own imagined salvation.
Because we were talking about the origin of the myth of Christ. Do you think the Romans made it up to have someone to lay the blame on and be able to entertain the audiencies with lions tearing apaart Christians?

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#248429 Feb 20, 2013
Because the followers didn't know how to read or write, Catholic priests and monks were considered brilliant men of God by their followers.

Whether what was written was lies, was most often not an issue.

Impressions make believers out of those who are easy to impress.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book … The True Believer … Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements … by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

Men of Words

The men of words are of diverse types. They can be priests, scribes, prophets, writers, artists, professors, students and intellectuals in general. Where, as in China, reading and writing is a difficult art, mere literacy can give one the status of a man of words. A similar situation prevailed in ancient Egypt, where the art of picture writing was the monopoly of a minority.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248430 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! The myth was created and the story-tellers used it, as they still use it ... to make history appealing to their own senses.
For instance ... how could you believe you are saved it you didn't believe that Jesus is alive and waiting for you in heaven???
Without that myth, you would have nothing on which to bank.
Do you know how silly you sound? Myths aren't created for history. That would be very farsighted for people who thought the earth was flat, don't you think?

It is pretty clear that Jesus was in fact real.

Houston, Canada

#248431 Feb 20, 2013
Lust of all types are forms of self-hypnosis.

The lust of convincing the self that the self KNOWS answers is the lust known as religion.

Mysteries can't possibly be known, or they would not BE mysteries.

Self-hypnosis concerning religion can be loads of high-flying fun, but when such lusts cause trouble, the games come at a very high cost indeed.

Houston, Canada

#248432 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how silly you sound? Myths aren't created for history. That would be very farsighted for people who thought the earth was flat, don't you think?
It is pretty clear that Jesus was in fact real.
Myths were not created "for" history. Myths are part of history.

To believe you are special, you need the Jesus-myth for your salvation.

Plain and "simple."

Houston, Canada

#248433 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we were talking about the origin of the myth of Christ. Do you think the Romans made it up to have someone to lay the blame on and be able to entertain the audiencies with lions tearing apaart Christians?
NO! I believe those who took the title of Christian were perceived as blatant trouble-makers, and that is why they were fed to the lions.

Houston, Canada

#248434 Feb 20, 2013
Christianity if very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).

Houston, Canada

#248435 Feb 20, 2013
Is very much to blame
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248436 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Myths were not created "for" history. Myths are part of history.
To believe you are special, you need the Jesus-myth for your salvation.
Plain and "simple."
How can you say that Jesus was a myth? Do you believe that He wasn't responsible for what was later known as Christianity?

Houston, Canada

#248437 Feb 20, 2013
Top Ten Signs You’re a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs—though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most “tolerant” and “loving.”

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence you need to “prove” Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248438 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! I believe those who took the title of Christian were perceived as blatant trouble-makers, and that is why they were fed to the lions.
They, the Christians didn't use the term. It was coined by the Greeks and Romans. They were perceived as troublemakers because they refused to believe in the many gods of the pagans.

Houston, Canada

#248439 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that Jesus was a myth? Do you believe that He wasn't responsible for what was later known as Christianity?
Nothing I state will register in your brain. You don't want any new information to threaten what you believe is your salvation ... so I suggest you stop trying to waste my time.

Houston, Canada

#248440 Feb 20, 2013
Words believed are words accepted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book … The True Believer … Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements … by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

Men like Gandhi and Trotsky start out as apparently ineffectual men of words and later display exceptional talents as administrators or generals. A man like Mohammed starts out as a man of words, develops into an implacable fanatic and finally reveals a superb practical sense.

Houston, Canada

#248441 Feb 20, 2013

By elevating dogma above reason, the individual’s intelligence is prevented from becoming self reliant.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248442 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A package containing myth is only as big as the believer believes it to be.
I don't know if to take that as an insult to my well endowment.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248443 Feb 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing I state will register in your brain. You don't want any new information to threaten what you believe is your salvation ... so I suggest you stop trying to waste my time.
You have no "new information" Your "information" is as old as the hills.

Houston, Canada

#248444 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant information that you would allow to overtake your Catholic dogma.

You couldn't consider the idea that there were many saviors in other religions before the name Jesus appeared as the latest supposed savior.

If you did ... you would have doubt that the Catholics told the truth, and your image of certain salvation would be NO MORE.

You refuse to allow those thoughts to have merit in your psyche, as you choose to stay tucked neatly into your preferential cult.

It's just the way it is.

Houston, Canada

#248445 Feb 20, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if to take that as an insult to my well endowment.
Take it however it pleases your "lusts."

We all have our own preferential lusts.

Dont' ask about mine and I won't respond with lies.

:)

Houston, Canada

#248446 Feb 20, 2013
Humans are social animals that most often prefer to run in packs. The ku klux klan, bible in hand is an example. Fred Phelps would also be in his glory if he could be the leader of a large pack of bullies, but he hasn't the class to attract the mobs in this modern society.

Poor Fred! He's proud to stand alone in his service of "god" ... but would prefer to have a following as was and is the case with all the bullying popes.

Ya just can't win 'em ALL Fred!

Houston, Canada

#248447 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As you cling to your bible which is also ancient ... I suggest you read the following and take it into your psyche as a possibility.

But I doubt that you will entertain any other thoughts than what is already embedded in your little box of perceived certain "truth."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Graham Cracker 51,376
Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 4 min The New Righteous 1 297
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min In Your Opinion 16,195
Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice 8 min Girly Boi 45
Religious objection to gay marriage leads to bi... 13 min WeTheSheeple 96
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 16 min WeTheSheeple 274
Latest gay marriage ruling creates confusion in... 20 min WeTheSheeple 66
More from around the web