Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,635)

Showing posts 212,681 - 212,700 of219,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The will to survive is the mother of mental invention, and religion is a case in point.

Humans were not satisfied with one life on earth, so in their imaginations they created religion in the hopes of extending their lives for eternity.

Greed and nothing BUT greed, is the name of the religious game!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The men of science had to be taught by trial and error that it was the tiny beasts that in so many cases had the power to end the lives of humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

At this time, in spite of Semmelweis, the Austrian who had proved child-bed fever was contagious, the Lying-in hospitals in Paris were pest-holes. Out of every nineteen women who went hopeful into their doors, one was sure to die in motherhood. One of these places, where ten young mothers perished in succession, was called the House of Crime.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Humans were and are easily fooled.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“It is in the power of man to make parasitic maladies disappear from the face of the globe!” So promised Pasteur, palsied but famous after his fight with the sickness of silkworms. He promised that, you remember, with a kind of enthusiastic vehemence, making folks think they might be rid of plagues by a year next at latest. Men began to hope and wait.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

If you believe that a god created you, are you also willing to believe that a god created the little beasts in your body that can kill you?

Where is your ever-lasting power?

It's no-where but in your mind!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Whether or not the little beasts have a thought-process is irrelevant. They strive to survive, and that is the nature of all beasts ... including humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

But where did these outlandish little inhabitants of the rainwater come from? Had they come down from the sky? Had they crawled invisibly over the side of the pot from the ground? Or had they been created out of nothing by a God full of whims?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Leeuwenhoek was cautious about calling anything the cause of anything else. He had a sound instinct about the infinite complicatedness of everything—that told him the danger of trying to pick out one cause from the tangled maze of causes which control life.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The theologians stated that GOD said it was so!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Persons Case

A Milestone in the History of Canadian Women

"Women are persons in matters of pains and penalties, but are not persons in matters of rights and privileges."

http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/women/a/pers...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

There is no end to learning that there is always more to learn.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

What an interesting term ... "Exploding superstitions!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Leeuwenhoek discovered the human sperm, and the cold-blooded science of his searching would have been shocking, if he had not been such a completely innocent man! He exploded countless superstitions for the Royal Society, and aside from Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle he was the most famous of their members.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Rather than people saying that there is something drastically wrong with all religion ... those in their own cults yearn to protect those cults with the attitude ... "Those people out there aren't living THEIR religion as I am ... in the pure and unadulterated vein of truth!"

My guess is there will never BE a cure for such human arrogance or ignorance.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

If a "soul" of such a man as Fred Phelps can rise to every-lasting glory ... as he is certain is true ... "heaven" will be worse than any hell on earth.

He makes the cells in my body want to commit suicide ... in order to avoid the "rapture."

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Silly scenario

"Which place will you be going after death?"

"To heaven ... of course!!!"

"How do you know that's the truth?"

"I took my information from the Bible ... the true word of God!"

""What about that part that mentions hell?"

"What about it?"

Well, why do you believe that heaven is for you and hell is for others?"

"ARE YOU CRAZY??? I would never believe that hell was for myself!!!"

Well, you don't have to get so defensive about it. I just thought I'd ask!"

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

In a nasty wind and snow-storm a big branch from a tree went flying from one neighbor's yard, over the fence and crashed into his other neighbor's car, causing extensive damage.

The judge in court classified it as "an act of God."

Apparently that idiocy is still written into the books of law simply because law-makers are not motivated to change the law.

It seems to be perceived as "a keeper."

I would prefer the terminology that the mishap was caused by "a natural occurrence."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Scenario

"Is it true that the Buddha taught women had to be reincarnated as men or they couldn't ever have a hope of being allowed in Nirvana?"

"Yes, apparently that was part of his first teachings, but later he changed that teaching."

"Well, if he could change what he taught, why would anyone trust that what he taught next would be dependable?"

"Maybe because people desired to believe that he finally "got it right."

"Do you think that there ever was such a man as Buddha?"

"I don't know ... but it wouldn't matter what I believe, as countless other people believe it, and what they believe is all that matters to them."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Act of God

An event that directly and exclusively results from the occurrence of natural causes that could not have been prevented by the exercise of foresight or caution; an inevitable accident.

Courts have recognized various events as acts of God—tornadoes, earthquakes, death, extraordinarily high tides, violent winds, and floods. Many insurance policies for property damage exclude from their protection damage caused by acts of God.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

It's obvious that those known as the "untouchables" didn't have any say in the following teachings.

Religion has always been concerned with self-serving fantasies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - Tibet The Karma Kargyu sect preceded the Geluk sect of the Dalai Lama.It introduces the idea of religious succession by reincarnation when a great lama used it to predict his own rebirth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I wonder what these people believe concerning when they arrive in "heaven" is going to occur???

Is this god going to allow them any freedom of thought as they had on earth, or will it be in heaven as it was on earth, where all these religious heaven-hogs were certain they knew what pleased the god???

If heaven is bliss, there will be no "unruly" human emotions allowed ... period!

How dull is bright? That is the question to ask of your images of heaven.

"We will say nothing to each other, and not even have thoughts about each other, so that we don't offend God!"

In heaven you will lose your freedom of "expression."

I suggest you stop being so silly.
Wanda

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Abortion stops a beating heart!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

A man who was married to a woman of the Catholic religion was not content to stay married, so he asked her for a divorce. But she believed that marriage was forever, and keep trying to please him, which was not possible.

He begged several times for her to set him free but she would not comply.

Then he met another woman and was determined to be free to marry her. AGAIN he begged his wife for a divorce. Again she said no. In a a fury of anger common in humans, he killed her with one shot.

He then married his beloved and they moved away from the city where all the "problems" occurred.

Seventeen years later, he was still with his second wife, when new evidence made it plain that he was the killer of his first wife. He will spend the rest of his life incarcerated.

These issues would never occur in the blissful state of "heaven" ... but then neither would anything occur other than bliss and more bliss and more boring, obnoxious bliss that might cause death of a sort from yawning.

I would rather have worms eat my body and have that be the end of me. At least I would know that they had some fun.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Wanda wrote:
Abortion stops a beating heart!
Next time you eat meat ... cry me a river as you think of the animal's heart that had to stop beating so you could enjoy your meal.

Next time a soldier dies fighting for your freedom ... cry me a river.

Hypocrisy is another word for religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 212,681 - 212,700 of219,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••