Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252060 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I accept that the story is based on fiction. Facts are prove-able.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
My Life with Edgar Cayce, by David E. Kahn.
Most of us in ARE have accepted reincarnation as a fact.
Well you can't remember a past life.If you did,whats the point of living?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252061 Apr 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well you can't remember a past life.If you did,whats the point of living?
People made up all types of theologies to try to make sense out of why we are alive.

It's obviously fun to tell stories ... but I suggest that the stories should never be put up on pedestals as absolute truths.

That was a big mistake made by the warring theologians ... Buddhists included.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252062 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People made up all types of theologies to try to make sense out of why we are alive.
It's obviously fun to tell stories ... but I suggest that the stories should never be put up on pedestals as absolute truths.
That was a big mistake made by the warring theologians ... Buddhists included.
Oh nooooooooo! We can't forget the Buddhists can we?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252063 Apr 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Oh nooooooooo! We can't forget the Buddhists can we?
I suggest not, because too many people cling to those Buddhist "gurus" for answers to the mysteries of life ... and the gurus "see them coming."

If possible that giggling dalai lama would entangle other countries in a battle with the Chinese-militants so that in turn he could go back to his Tibetan-"kingdom and rule the peasants from on HIGH as he did in his days of ROYAL glory.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Where does the pope live?

The pope and certain official members of the Vatican “family” live in the Apostolic Palace, which is actually a conglomeration of buildings built mostly during the Renaissance. Matched only by the palace of the Dalai Lama in Tibet, the pope’s palace is one of the world’s biggest. The pope lives in an apartment on the top floor facing St. Peter’s Square.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252064 Apr 22, 2013
The buddha might have "kind of" suggested that his theories be questioned and that people reason on their own ... but from what I have studied, his "theories" indicated that he WAS in deed "enlightened" to, and had solved those very troubling mysteries that confused those who hadn't yet achieved such "knowledge."

It seems he was quite the double-talker.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[20] and superior to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252065 Apr 22, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Transmigration of Souls. An ancient belief concerning the transition of the soul after death to another body or substance, usually human or animal; also known as metempsychosis. BRAHMINS and Buddhists accept human descent into plants as well as animals, and the Buddha underwent 550 births in different forms. The ancient Egyptians held to a form of transmigration in which the soul could inhabit another form to allow temporary revisiting the earth.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252066 Apr 22, 2013
Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - Tibet The Karma Kargyu sect preceded the Geluk sect of the Dalai Lama.It introduces the idea of religious succession by reincarnation when a great lama used it to predict his own rebirth.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252067 Apr 22, 2013
Here we go. The buddha indicates how to achieve "enlightenment" on earth, indicating that the "adherents" to the words of buddha will follow and also become "enlightened."

That buddha was anything BUT a humble man.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Nirvana (Sansk., a blowing out, or extinction). In BUDDHISM, the cessation of individual existence; the attainment of a calm, sinless state of mind achieved by the extinction of passion, a state which can be attained during life.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252068 Apr 22, 2013
From my perception, meditating and striving to be "perfect" is a form of "passion" that is insidious in its opposition to having passion for life on earth.

To want to be on earth is a healthy type of passion, where we try to make life better for humanity by simple being the best we can be in spite of our selfish natures.

Religion teaches that the worst part of us is on earth, and the best part of us is off somewhere in "spirit form."

From my perspective, religion is the worst blight to ever infect humanity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252069 Apr 22, 2013
To be at peace within our selves in the idea that we are fine just as we are, is the best form of meditation in existence.

I suggest that you don't believe any of those theologians, as they want you to cling to their words as though the words have extra-terrestrial advantages.

They don't know any more than do any of us, as we all just have to wait and see. If life carries on after the death of our bodies, we will know, and if it doesn't we won't have to worry, because we "won't" know.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252070 Apr 22, 2013
"Be prepared" was and is the call of theologians, as they teach us how to be divisive on earth.

"Follow what I teach and you will achieve holiness, enlightenment, wisdom, and knowledge. If you don't follow me ... you will stay dumb and ignorant and lost and evil like those other poor slobs over there. Don't you feel sorry for them that they aren't wise like we are wise ... blah, blah, blah!"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252071 Apr 22, 2013
If you observe their words and how they live, you'll see that as are the rest of us, they are self-centered mortal humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Buddhism

“The main scriptural justifications for killing may be briefly summarized. In the Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra it is told how the Buddha in one of his former lives killed some Brahmin heretics. This was done to protect the Doctrine, and to save themselves from the consequences of continued attacks on it. When the Doctrine is in danger the Five Precepts, including the prohibition on taking life, may be ignored...”

"The Phenomenon Of Religion: A Thematic Approach" by Moojan Momen (1999)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252073 Apr 22, 2013
god is not GREAT … How Religion Poisons Everything … Christopher Hitchens.

Nothing optional—from homosexuality to adultery—is ever made punishable unless those who do the prohibiting (and exact the fierce punishments) have a repressed desire to participate. As Shakespeare put it in King Lear, the policeman who lashes the whore has a hot need to use her for the very offense for which he plies the lash.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252074 Apr 22, 2013
Ancient Buddhists were also sexually up tight about supposed "abnormal" sex. To those who are celibate, or at least pretend to be celibate, they preach of sex as though they speak for some divine authority, when from my perception, they only speak their own minds.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Buddhism ancient homosexuality

Padma Sambhava (730-805), a Buddha, brought Buddhism to Tibet. He spent 55 years there transmitting advanced and secret teachings to his students. Many of these students (tertons) were intended to reveal certain teachings (termas) at later times for future generations. They would of course, reincarnate to do that. Yeshe Tsogyal, a princess, was his chief disciple. Padma Sambhava had some pointed instruction for Yeshe Tsogyal on the subject of sex and homosexuality. The following quotes are taken from one of the most important termas ever transmitted by Guru Rinpoche or Padma Sambhava. It is known as the Dakini Teachings and it is a treasure map to the salvation of one's soul.

----------

"Sexual Misconduct ...

There are also occasions on which it is unsuitable to have intercourse even with your rightful companion....

3. It is unsuitable to have intercourse in an inappropriate orifice, such as engaging in the manner of animals.

Tsogyal,... As before, the act of sexual misconduct is consummated by means of the four completing aspects, and again there are three types of results.

1. Through the result of ripening you will be reborn in the three lower realms. Even if you do take rebirth in the higher realms, you will have fights with your spouse and so forth.

2. The dominant result is that even in future lives your helpers, spouse, and so forth will be unresponsive and show various acts of ingrattitude.

3. The result corresponding to the cause is that your unwholesome habitual tendencies will cause you to take pleasure in sexual misconduct.

Tsogyal, if you give up these acts and refrain from engaging in them, you will obtain the opposites of their results, so abandoning them is of great importance...."

(Dakini Teachings, pp. 39-40)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252075 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see that YOU are childish for siding with Michelle's coming over here whining to you about what I am writing on another thread.
Excuse me? Where did you get the idea that I sided with Michelle?
June VanDerMark wrote:
You should have minded your own business, and let Michelle and I deal with it.
You are probably right about that... but... public forum... not private journal or blog.
June VanDerMark wrote:
Up until I studied modern Paganism you treated me as one of the gang, and that is the truth. After that you were a constant bully to me, and that's why I don't respect or trust you.
You are just repeating your "I'm a victim" mantra again. If this were true, then everyone here would also be "victims" of YOUR bullying. Say it with me kids... it's BATSHIT CRAZY!

“=”

Appleton WI

#252076 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is what tied you so tight to the Pagan crowd was that you are bi-sexual and they advocate that the goddess loves homosexuals.
LOL! Your guess is BATSHIT CRAZY. First of all, I don't consider myself "tied tight to the Pagan crowd." And I really don't care about any gods or goddesses. I don't need approval from religions I don't believe in. My guess is you only (underhandedly) brought this up to remind the anti-gay crowd that they should remember to hate Thomas because he's bisexual.
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did you know back then that the father of Wicca, Gerald Gardner was a homophobe Thomas???
All the time that I was posting and studying Wicca through Gerald's books and Wiccans on websites ... conveniently not one of you posting mentioned that issue.
Again, I don't care. I'm not Wiccan and this thread is not about Wicca. Why can't you comprehend that?
June VanDerMark wrote:
It was the bi-sexual Alex-Sanders that veered off of Gerald's Wicca to claim that the goddess loves homosexuals, etc.
That goddess seems to follow the orders of her theologians.
I don't care.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252077 Apr 22, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Where did you get the idea that I sided with Michelle?
<quoted text>
You are probably right about that... but... public forum... not private journal or blog.
<quoted text>
You are just repeating your "I'm a victim" mantra again. If this were true, then everyone here would also be "victims" of YOUR bullying. Say it with me kids... it's BATSHIT CRAZY!
You tried once to start your own website and it was a flop.

No one is holding you hostage to read what I post Thomas.

I suggest you start your own thread. With all your honorable knowledge and Pagans for friends, you should be a smashing success. Sarcasm intended.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252078 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My ego is not fragile. If it was I would have believed your therapy-sessions when you kept insisting that I was bat-shit crazy.
I questioned from where the insults came and didn't take them as anything that mattered.
June, you need to ask yourself why you brought up and whined about stuff from well over a year ago if it didn't bruise your ego and isn't anything that mattered.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252079 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Back then I used to post that if I were going to join any group it would be Wicca, and I received "rave reviews" from you.
Why all this "back then" stuff? Can't get over it?
June VanDerMark wrote:
Thomas, Bitner, Earth Child, Kathwynn, and a few more of us ganged up on the Christians ... and you called me "friend."
I never "ganged up" on anyone. To my knowledge, none of us here are co-conspirators in any plot, but individuals with our own beliefs and opinions. We sometimes agree and we sometimes disagree. And I'm not against Christians. I just strongly disagree with certain individuals who happen to identify as Christians and often use their beliefs and their bible to persecute myself and others who they don't approve of.
June VanDerMark wrote:
You just can't seem to get over the idea that I stopped supporting Paganism as one of the most credible religions
I can't speak for Svaha, but I can certainly get over it. I don't give a crap what you support or don't support. This thread is not about paganism.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252080 Apr 22, 2013
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Thomas. I didn't realize it was this bad. I didn't realize that your answering me, and making an observation of June's behavior regarding my other thread would cause more problems. So if she's getting on your nerves more because of me, I'm very sorry.
Not to worry Michelle. June's behavior is not your responsibility, and I can handle it. I had a pretty good idea what to expect when I "returned."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 1 min NE Jade 75
News Getting used to gay unions 2 min Terry n Arthur 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 53 min Arthur 26,533
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr cpeter1313 14,263
News Herea s Harris Dickinsona s gay sex scene in ne... 3 hr Rubio s Foam Partays 5
News Staff had warned anti-LGBT lawmaker about affai... 4 hr The Worlds Bigges... 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr June VanDerMark 57,983
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite Wed GodSmacked 111
More from around the web