Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252038 Apr 20, 2013
If something is unknowable to humans, how can anyone preach that it exists?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From Scott Cunningham's book "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner."

The All

Wicca acknowledges a supreme divine power, unknowable, ultimate from which the entire universe sprang. We refer to that divine power as The All. Wiccans link to that force through their deities.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252039 Apr 20, 2013
Now June has gone native.

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#252040 Apr 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying, that's not how it went at all.
And you never "studied" anything. You went digging for dirt because I asked you, very nicely (and you even brought out the post that PROVED I asked nicely) not to lump my religion in where it didn't belong. You IMMEDIATELY went for blood, twisting what you found in many cases, to "prove" it DID belong. And all to promote your religious crusade. Svaha is right, you've become the monster you fight against.
Well now that she's "studied" paganism she's an expert in it as she's an expert all the other religions. Like the other religious fanatics who post here, now she's whining she's being persecuted for her beliefs.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252041 Apr 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now that she's "studied" paganism she's an expert in it as she's an expert all the other religions. Like the other religious fanatics who post here, now she's whining she's being persecuted for her beliefs.
Back then I used to post that if I were going to join any group it would be Wicca, and I received "rave reviews" from you.

Thomas, Bitner, Earth Child, Kathwynn, and a few more of us ganged up on the Christians ... and you called me "friend."

You just can't seem to get over the idea that I stopped supporting Paganism as one of the most credible religions, and took on the point of view that ALL religion, including Paganism is based on trouble-making nonsense. Instead you keep insisting that I am a fanatic comparible to Fred Phelps.

Well ... you might be right ... but how many times do you have to post that I am a fanatic before you are satified that you made your point?

I get it! You believe I'm a fanatic for expressing the idea that from my point of view, all religion is of no positive value to humanity.

Maybe we can agree on the issue that we are both very fortunate to be able to express our opinions ... no matter how the opinions irritate our sensitivities.

By the way ... all those months that I was trying to learn more about modern Paganism ... were you aware that Gerald Gardner (the father of Wicca) was a homophobe??? I had to learn that bit of very interesting (to me) information from other Pagans on the internet.

It was quite a surprise when I found out that the founding father of Paganism believed the goddess "curses" homosexuals.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#252042 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle came over here whining to you. Had she stayed over there, I wouldn't have brought that post over here.
Why are you not NOW calling me batshit-crazy Thomas? Are you now trying to be MR. NOBLE as Svaha labeled you and suggested of you back then when you were constantly calling me bat-shit crazy?
At any rate ... carry on with your friends in arms.
It's neither here not there with me.
June,
Where did I "whine" to Thomas. Really?? All I did was make an observation, HOPING that when you read it that you will see that you're the one not getting along with the people you used to get along with. Stupid of me to hope you would ever examine yourself to see why you're having problems getting along with people. Observations and whining are not the same thing, btw.
I don't really see where Thomas sided with me. He, too, was making another observation of your behavior, that you are indeed childish.
I believe you still would have posted your crap from my other thread, whether I posted to Tre or not.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#252043 Apr 21, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your well wishes, and same to you Michelle.
Thank you, Thomas. I didn't realize it was this bad. I didn't realize that your answering me, and making an observation of June's behavior regarding my other thread would cause more problems. So if she's getting on your nerves more because of me, I'm very sorry.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252044 Apr 21, 2013
From my perception, in early Paganism those who tried to help others by brewing concoctions, which was an early form of practising medicine were known as healers, and it was not perceived as a bad "OMEN."

Superstition, being rampant, when the "medicine" brewed by some of the healers accidentally killed some people, hysteria took over, and these early healers were perceived as evil by outsiders eager to punish.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

WITCHES
During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood.
Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry.....There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.
- "Bible Teaching and Religious Practice," Europe and Elsewhere
Mark Twain
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252045 Apr 21, 2013
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
Where did I "whine" to Thomas. Really??

I believe you still would have posted your crap from my other thread, whether I posted to Tre or not.
I explained it already. We were posting on your thread "Saint of the day," and you came over to this thread with a post to Thomas to complain about what I was posting on your thread, and stated that I couldn't "get along" with others.

That is whining and searching for sympathy.

Forums are not FOR "getting along. They are for posting opinions that often irritate sensitivities.

When you post that there are saints, then I will post that I don't believe there are saints, because that is my opinion.

And the fact that I hadn't posted what I wrote on your thread over here before you appeared, should have indicated to you that I had no intentions of posting it here.

And when you refer to my opinions as "crap" ... that indicates that you are whining.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252046 Apr 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Now June has gone native.
Thanks for the compliment Jumper.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252047 Apr 21, 2013
The word "witch" because of hysteria, became an extremely negative word ... even to midwives who (doing their best) lost women in childbirth to death.

Those who tried to help others were risking their own lives, as they were easily targeted by the superstitious religious ones as evil-witches.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

But the fires that began to burn them were only the beginning. In 1326 Pope John XXII equated the witches with the heretics, after theologians had stirred up mass hysteria with the idea of sexual relations between the witches and the devil. And in 1487 the authors of The Hammer of Witches pleaded for the application of the “si aliquis” canon to the “witch midwives,” so as to punish them with death. Thus after the burning of heretics came the burning of witches, events that in Germany were destined to reduce to ashes a nontrivial percentage of the female population and a large portion of the midwives.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252048 Apr 21, 2013
The word "bewitched" made people even more paranoid that those labeled as witches could cast evil spells on others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The belief in impotence by enchantment and the mass hysteria about witches were given authoritative direction from on high. Thomas had attacked free thinkers who denied that impotence was the result of bewitchment and challenged the role of the devil in sexual intercourse. Similarly the Pope’s “Witches Bull” was aimed against many people,“regardless of what dignities, offices, honors, privileges, titles of nobility, rights or prerogatives of sovereignty they might possess,” those “clergy or lay people who “hindered, resisted, or rebelled against” the witchcraft trials instigated by the two inquisitors (the Pope called them “my beloved sons”). The penalties against these know-it-alls—there seem to have been a lot of them in Germany in those days—were supposed to be made harsher.”
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252050 Apr 21, 2013

The second reproach made by the authors against the witch-midwives is that they “prevent conception in the womb by various means:(II q. 1 c. 5). It’s likely that the midwives passed on information about contraception, or what was taken to be such. But it is equally clear that they cannot be made responsible for all cases of sterility. The crazy traditional theological claim (adopted by Institoris and Sprenger, who invoke “si aliquis”) that contraception is murder is the second crucial reason for “incinerating” the midwives. And “incinerate” was the dreadful word that they constantly used in their campaign to exterminate women and midwives.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252051 Apr 21, 2013
To this day the words "shaman" and "witch" strike suspicion and fear in the minds of many Christians.

But chances are, those known as shamans and witches were early pharmacists, simply trying to cure disease and through religious indoctrination, ward off what they believed were evil spirits.

They probably in most cases meant no harm, as pharmacists today mean no harm.

But meaning no harm does not mean that harm is not the result of experiment. And if the witches or shamans of old killed a few people with their experiments ... it would be easy to label their intentions with EVIL, when in all probability, they were just doing their mortal best to brew up concoctions to help others.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252052 Apr 21, 2013
Theologians that supported this horror earned the honor of "sainthood" from the men of the hierarchy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

The Mental Asylum

As early as the sixteenth century, women were “shut up” in madhouses (as well as in royal towers) by their husbands. 2 By the seventeenth century, special wards were reserved for prostitutes, pregnant women, poor women, and young girls in France’s first mental asylum, the Salpetriere.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252053 Apr 21, 2013
Devout believers in martyrdom and sainthood could and did overlook a lot of horror in order to achieve their goals.

If there just happens to be a hereafter, and those people are rewarded ... there is something very wrong with that system.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252054 Apr 21, 2013
By the hierarchy of churches, mosques and synagogues, these unfortunate women were labeled as evil offenders of a god.

They were already brutalized by life, and then the men and women of religion pounded nails in their coffins.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Mental Asylum

The impoverished and prostituted women must have been the victims of extraordinary chronic violence both sexually and physically. Their eventual breakdowns were not understood as normal human responses to persecution and trauma. In fact, many of the hysterics whom Dr. Breuer hypnotized were prostitutes who had led endangered lives.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252056 Apr 21, 2013
Those who did not believe in "god" were not considered to be sane.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Elizabeth finally convinced the asylum trustees that she was God-fearing and sane.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252057 Apr 21, 2013
The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.

But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.

And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)

In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#252058 Apr 21, 2013
I accept that the story is based on fiction. Facts are prove-able.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

My Life with Edgar Cayce, by David E. Kahn.

Most of us in ARE have accepted reincarnation as a fact.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#252059 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Party-pooper!
:)
party pooper maybe,but it's the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corn Shuckers Weekend Update 7 min Jade 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 20 min RiccardoFire 14,066
News $20m same-sex marriage survey underspend should... 37 min Rick Perry s Closet 2
News Southwestern Connecticut companies lauded for L... 42 min Rick Perry s Closet 12
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 48 min Rick Perry s Closet 57
News Rikki Beadle-Blair MBE is the recipient of the ... 10 hr Trump Plotza 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr June VanDerMark 57,913
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 20 hr Frankie Rizzo 29
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 22 hr look out below 26,365
More from around the web