Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Burnaby, Canada

#247761 Feb 7, 2013
I've been in religion. I understand the feeling of being so WISE as to have faith "especially" without having proof that a god exists.

The euphoric feeling of being THAT wise and THAT trusting doesn't get much better than that.

Burnaby, Canada

#247762 Feb 7, 2013
If you choose to leave your cult, you will soon realize how fast the "loving ones" turn on you. Whether in or out of religion ... right-fighters don't like losing.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Ex-Pastor Turned American Atheist Director Tells How She Lost Faith

A former Methodist worship and teaching pastor who served in ministry for 20 years before becoming an atheist has been appointed as the American Atheist's public relations director. In an interview with The Christian Post, she revealed that despite initially being ostracized by friends, she is now happy and at peace with her decision.

I have one maybe from the church that I'm still in contact with, but initially they were all just very angry. They locked me out of the church and it took me some months to collect my belongings. It was a very difficult situation," MacBain explained about reaction to her initial announcement.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/ex-pasto...

Burnaby, Canada

#247763 Feb 7, 2013
From the book-Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.

“You have to understand,” Freeman Rogers explained,“these young people get as high on religion as they formerly got on drugs.”

Burnaby, Canada

#247764 Feb 7, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

The Opium of the People. A CATCHPHRASE applied to religion. It is derived from Karl Marx (On Hegel’s Philosophy of Law).

Religion is the sigh of the hard-pressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, as it is the soul of soulless circumstances. It is the opium of the people.

Burnaby, Canada

#247766 Feb 7, 2013
The phrase, "The Bible helps interpret itself" is utter nonsense.

If there was one interpretation to the words in the bible, there would be only one duplicated bible and one interpretation and one proclaimed truth preached by human zombies all in a neat and uniformed row.

No matter which religion, humans molest the words to suit their own desires.

Burnaby, Canada

#247767 Feb 7, 2013
If madmen don't destroy the world with nuclear weapons, my guess is, one day the Adam and Eve concept of creation will be perceived as archaic nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Common Ancestor of Mammals Is Plucked From Obscurity

By JOHN NOBLE WILFORD

Published: February 7, 2013

Humankind’s common ancestor with other mammals may have been an animal the size of a rat that weighed no more than half a pound, had a long furry tail and lived on insects.

The researchers, he said,“have used their extraordinarily large analysis to predict what this earliest placental looked like, and it would be interesting to extend this approach to more branch points in the tree” including for early ancestors like aardvarks, elephants and manatees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/science/com...

Burnaby, Canada

#247768 Feb 7, 2013
The idea that a god created Adam and Eve in material bodies with souls and as spiritual images of the god ... but left the other animals out in the cold, is the stuff of immature, self-ingratiating stupidity.

My guess is, humans evolved through survival of the fittest, just as did all other forms of life.

Except to our own psyches, which stem from self-flattery, we are probably not any more worthy than is a fly or a mosquito, or a cell that functions in our own bowels.

To lighten up, people first must deflate egos and stop using religion to make ridiculous claims of superiority over other forms of life.

Burnaby, Canada

#247769 Feb 7, 2013
In the quest to assure the idea that a god created the universe, a woman of the Christian faith stated in an affirmative manner that many scientists believe in a god.

That proves nothing whatsoever!

Burnaby, Canada

#247770 Feb 7, 2013
You can bet that the scientists in the vatican profess a firm belief in "god."

That doesn't prove anything either, except that people often lie to assure their livelihoods.

Burnaby, Canada

#247771 Feb 7, 2013
All of this gibberish of human ancestors coming from outer space is another myth that banks on ignorance.

If our ancient ancestors are in outer space, then humans on earth are not special to a god, as the original human gene-pool belongs elsewhere.

Silly stuff in deed!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#247772 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could make up a story like this, I'd change my profession and become a writer. But I can not make up such a thing. At times I wonder what would have happened if I had not said, no not yet and force may way back down. I know the mind can play tricks on you but this was real. My friends are my witness'. Bill stated, thought we would be in hospital this evening.
Sure glad my guardian angel was with me that day. Not afraid of dying just have much more work to do.
I hope you didn't misunderstand me. In no way do I doubt you. I know you would NEVER lie about this or anything else for that matter. So don't think you need to try to convince me, friend. It must have been one heck of an experience, I'd probably have been somewhat frightened. I am VERY interested in things of this nature, so if you have or know of any other experiences, PLEASE tell me :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#247773 Feb 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All of this gibberish of human ancestors coming from outer space is another myth that banks on ignorance.
If our ancient ancestors are in outer space, then humans on earth are not special to a god, as the original human gene-pool belongs elsewhere.
Silly stuff in deed!
Hi June,

In no way do I believe our ancestors came from "out there" but I think it's very probable that there exist other life forms (above microbes, etc.) and that these "beings" either have or will evolve as we did, though we probably look much different. Who knows, maybe they breathe in methane gas or ammonia and there are five separate genders (HA! to you homophobes) I don't think we'll find out in our lifetime because as Dr. Sagan said "It's a big cosmos" but someday they'll be discovered. To all who think this is a crazy idea, go tell that to the scientists who placed all those radio telescopes strategically on this planet, listening for coherent sounds...you think they put them there for nothing?? I'll believe a scientist over a priest any day. You should try to keep an open mind. Or are you afraid to do that because it might conflict with your religion tales?
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#247774 Feb 7, 2013
..I's did MEET Dr.Sagan..at a UFO Conference...ART Bell was dhere,too...yada u u...eh..(+)...
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#247775 Feb 7, 2013
...OH...Women are NOT being ''attacked'',here....

Burnaby, Canada

#247776 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June,
In no way do I believe our ancestors came from "out there" but I think it's very probable that there exist other life forms (above microbes, etc.) and that these "beings" either have or will evolve as we did, though we probably look much different. Who knows, maybe they breathe in methane gas or ammonia and there are five separate genders (HA! to you homophobes) I don't think we'll find out in our lifetime because as Dr. Sagan said "It's a big cosmos" but someday they'll be discovered. To all who think this is a crazy idea, go tell that to the scientists who placed all those radio telescopes strategically on this planet, listening for coherent sounds...you think they put them there for nothing?? I'll believe a scientist over a priest any day. You should try to keep an open mind. Or are you afraid to do that because it might conflict with your religion tales?
Well of course we all believe what we find most pleasing to our desires.

I went through my religious phase and now believe that we evolved physically from other species.

As for evolving in wisdom, I don't believe that will ever occur, as ignorance can't go beyond itself.

Burnaby, Canada

#247777 Feb 7, 2013
Ignorance often only knows how to repeat itself.

Burnaby, Canada

#247778 Feb 7, 2013
Maybe snake-handling is a way of using the bible to die as a martyr rather than saying "I want to commit suicide and escape the emotional and physical suffering on earth."

The snake-handler that dies for his/her religious belief will be put on a pedestal ... whereas the one in the church that uses a gun to commit suicide would be perceived as evil.

Religion is handy in more ways than one.

Burnaby, Canada

#247779 Feb 7, 2013
Journalist Covington met the quirky people of rural West Virginia when he covered a murder trial in which another snake-handler tried to kill his wife by holding her hand in a snake cage. He pissed on her, too. She survived. He went to jail. And Dennis Covington got changed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-levison/re...
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#247780 Feb 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ignorance often only knows how to repeat itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cwBVcsWYJd8XX
..and you's are sooooooooooooooooooo--ignorant ,here......there is NO-War on CATHOLIC-WOMEN,..stupid you.....eh..

Burnaby, Canada

#247781 Feb 7, 2013
Vincenzo was a Jesuit.
>>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

As a general principle, it is never permissible to kill oneself, except as a divine command.

Vincenzo Filliucci (Fillucius) Moralium quaestionum (1626)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 min barry 2,838
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 min Wondering 5,009
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min chris toal 26,703
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 19 min NE Jade 16
Parties, performance to mark gay marriage ruling 31 min Milton 1
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 37 min Just Think 1,906
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 38 min TerryE 27
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 5,500
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 3 hr Mikey 14
More from around the web