Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#251998 Apr 20, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Why does the Lord need you to fight his battles? Or spread his message? Can't an omnipotent God take care of itself?
Just checking.
God can definitely take care of Himself. He wants us to be courageous and stand up for Him. When one loves someone, they defend them, even though the person can defend themselves. I love our Lord, therefore, I will defend Him to the best of my ability. God does not need anyone for anything. He created us out of love.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#251999 Apr 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
June really isn't here to discuss with anyone. She already has the record for the most number of posts that are not a part of any discussion with anyone else, and is striving to make sure she holds onto that record. It's almost like a teenage rebellion of sorts. Although she is fine talking about boogers and other nonsense with Jumper. After all, Jumper is NEVER rude to June. And of course she will chat a bit with Sherlayne, as Sherlayne always has nothing but compliments and praise for her. She likes her gold stars you know.
I will accept that some people may judge me to be rude at times... especially when they can't stand being challenged or disagreed with... but I'd be curious to know when I've ever been "underhanded."
But Svaha, I'm going to risk your refusal to discuss with me by disagreeing with you on something. I don't think June is the same as Fred Phelps... but I will say that sometimes the depth of her hypocrisy and childishness is stunning.
Hey Tre,
Not meaning to butt my nose into this, as I really don't post and the reason I'm in and out of this thread is because June came on another thread I do post on. Anyway, I remember when I was here more, and you, Svaha and her posted to each other in a kind manner. So in my little bit of an observation these days, I find it quite strange that she can't get along with either you or Svaha, therefore, I can see who the problem lies with-June. I asked her on another thread why she can't get along with very many people, and she didn't address that part of my post.
In case you're wondering what was the point of this post to you. Again, it was to post an observation on my part.
Hope you're doing well.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#252000 Apr 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You've become exactly what you hate the most. A religious fanatic. Thomas merely disagreed with you and that was enough to put you in a rage. Just like the other religious fanatics who post here. What was that quote? "When fighting monsters be careful lest you become one"?
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

~Nietzsche

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#252001 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All was well with you and Svaha and all the other Pagans before I studied and posted my own concepts of modern Paganism.
That was when all of you climbed on the band-wagon of referring to me as radical, mentally ill ... and "your" favorite ... bat-shit crazy.
Were you aware when you were posting back then that the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner was a homophobe who believed that the goddess "curses" homosexuals?
I wasn't aware of that issue, until much time went by and I kept on studying.
Many of you went beyond disagreeing with my beliefs to being underhanded bullies, and that is when I lost respect for many of you and your tactics.
And as you have never apologized, but came back to the forum again recently with more insults, trying to stir up more trouble between Bitner and I, I simply don't trust you, as I have no reason TO trust you.
You're lying, that's not how it went at all.

And you never "studied" anything. You went digging for dirt because I asked you, very nicely (and you even brought out the post that PROVED I asked nicely) not to lump my religion in where it didn't belong. You IMMEDIATELY went for blood, twisting what you found in many cases, to "prove" it DID belong. And all to promote your religious crusade. Svaha is right, you've become the monster you fight against.

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#252002 Apr 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
~Nietzsche
that's the one
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252003 Apr 20, 2013
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tre,
Not meaning to butt my nose into this, as I really don't post and the reason I'm in and out of this thread is because June came on another thread I do post on. Anyway, I remember when I was here more, and you, Svaha and her posted to each other in a kind manner. So in my little bit of an observation these days, I find it quite strange that she can't get along with either you or Svaha, therefore, I can see who the problem lies with-June. I asked her on another thread why she can't get along with very many people, and she didn't address that part of my post.
In case you're wondering what was the point of this post to you. Again, it was to post an observation on my part.
Hope you're doing well.
I just posted this on Michelle's "Saint of the day" thread.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

My guess is MichelleMC hopes that one day others will be writing about her own attributes that the popes saw as being worthy of sainthood.

Can't you just picture it coming to real-life???

MichelleMC ... "Saint of the day" is awarded sainthood on earth and will be blessed with God's grace and appreciation in the hereafter.

Saint MichelleMC was a devout and loving Catholic to the end of her earthly existence. She suffered for Jesus and died true to her faith.

May she live forever in the limelight of Divine LOVE and be blessed as were all the popes who also served with unwavering faith the HOLY Roman Catholic church.

Amen and Amen.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Now there just remains that niggling issue of what the hierarchy taught about others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252004 Apr 20, 2013
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
No Catholic or Christian here has ever said that Jesus died for the Christian/Catholic people only.
Then you are not following the original Chrisian teaching.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252005 Apr 20, 2013
Gerald Gardner ... the real father of modern Paganism and especially the father of Wicca was a homophobe who believed that the goddess cursed homosexuals but loved Gerald.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Members of other currents, such as Lois Bourne priestess think that the founder of Wicca, Gerald Gardner, who gives his name to the previous current was homophobic and had a "deep hatred" of homosexuals by consider not following the laws of nature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Gardner_ (Wiccan)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252006 Apr 20, 2013
Although Gerald Gardner initially demonstrated an aversion to homosexuality, claiming that it brought down "the curse of the goddess",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

thepaganapologist

It is often pointed out (correctly, mind you) that Gerald Gardner denounced homosexuality and claimed that homosexuals incurred “the curse of the Goddess.”

http://thepaganapologist.wordpress.com/2010/1 ...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252007 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All was well with you and Svaha and all the other Pagans before I studied and posted my own concepts of modern Paganism. That was when all of you climbed on the band-wagon of referring to me as radical, mentally ill ... and "your" favorite ... bat-shit crazy.
I'm not sure I would consider what you did "studying," and your "own concepts" are rather narrow-minded and not based on "study," but your own prejudiced preconceived notions. But that's neither here nor there. You may think that suddenly everyone else changed their behavior toward you... but you are in denial that you began acting differently to everyone else.

I have no skin in your anti-pagan battle. I am only pagan in the sense that I am not Christian or religious, same as you I believe.
June VanDerMark wrote:
Were you aware when you were posting back then that the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner was a homophobe who believed that the goddess "curses" homosexuals?
I wasn't aware of that issue, until much time went by and I kept on studying.
I don't really care. I'm not wiccan and this thread is not about Wicca no matter how many times you try to make it so. "Study" all you want, but post about wicca in a forum about wicca, k?
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many of you went beyond disagreeing with my beliefs to being underhanded bullies, and that is when I lost respect for many of you and your tactics.
Again, I don't know when I've ever been "underhanded," and won't have any idea what you're referring to unless you are more specific. You like to play the victim of bullying and underhanded tactics, but don't recognize any faults within yourself. I'm sure you still have great respect for Sherlayne, as she never disagrees with you and only tells you how wonderful and wise you are. You lose respect for people who disagree with you and challenge your ignorant notions and your childish nonsense. Your respect or lack of it for me is of little interest or consequence to me.
June VanDerMark wrote:
And as you have never apologized, but came back to the forum again recently with more insults, trying to stir up more trouble between Bitner and I, I simply don't trust you, as I have no reason TO trust you.
I don't need to stir up any trouble between you and Bitner. You do that all by yourself. I just couldn't believe how long this anti-pagan battle had lasted after my posts were unable to be seen here because of the library's IP being blocked. It had been going a few years before and was still going!

On that issue I would criticize BOTH you and Bitner because the discussion didn't belong here, and Bitner could have refused to discuss it with you further. But even when she tried, you would use "underhanded tactics" of continuing to post inaccurate information that you knew she would need to correct and argue.

It's obvious to me that you love arguing with Bitner... but it's a mystery why you hate arguing with me, since Bitner and I tend to agree on a lot of things and have similar criticisms of you.

No June... I will not apologize for having my own opinions that sometimes differ from yours. You will have to grow up and get used to that. You need to KNOW that you are no less rude, underhanded, or insulting than anyone else here.

I will once again point out that I often agree with your points of view, but you apparently have a need for 100% compliance and seem to take it very hard when certain people don't agree, or even find you ridiculous at times. VERY hard. THIS is why some of us think you could possibly do with some therapy.

I am not here for your respect, trust, or approval in any way... so your talking about your lack of it doesn't accomplish anything.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252008 Apr 20, 2013
Lois Pearson in a newspaper article from 1961.

Observe the anti-homosexual attitude in the witchcraft cult at that time.

And observe how she brags about being a healer and having "power" to influence people.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/Lois%20PN.htm
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252009 Apr 20, 2013
if you are Wiccan but work with Norse Deities, you may feel more drawn to the idea of Asgard rather than the Summerlands

http://www.paranormal-nyc.com/pagan.html
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252010 Apr 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I would consider what you did "studying," and your "own concepts" are rather narrow-minded and not based on "study," but your own prejudiced preconceived notions.
What are YOUR notions based on??? That for having my own opinions I am batshit crazy???
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252011 Apr 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not apologize for having my own opinions that sometimes differ from yours.
It wasn't your opinions that offended me. It was that no matter what I posted back then, you attacked my character as being batshit-crazy ... not once, but countless times.

THAT was uncalled for.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252012 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted this on Michelle's "Saint of the day" thread.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
My guess is MichelleMC hopes that one day others will be writing about her own attributes that the popes saw as being worthy of sainthood.
Can't you just picture it coming to real-life???
MichelleMC ... "Saint of the day" is awarded sainthood on earth and will be blessed with God's grace and appreciation in the hereafter.
Saint MichelleMC was a devout and loving Catholic to the end of her earthly existence. She suffered for Jesus and died true to her faith.
May she live forever in the limelight of Divine LOVE and be blessed as were all the popes who also served with unwavering faith the HOLY Roman Catholic church.
Amen and Amen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Now there just remains that niggling issue of what the hierarchy taught about others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Opposite Word of saint:
"demon, devil, fiend"
http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
Why would you feel the need to copy posts from another thread? Is this some kind of "underhanded tactic," or just childishness? Or Both? Why not just post "Hey Michelle, na na na-boo-boo!"
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252013 Apr 20, 2013
if you are Wiccan but work with Norse Deities, you may feel more drawn to the idea of Asgard rather than the Summerlands

http://www.paranormal-nyc.com/pagan.html
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The home of the gods

Once the world was created and organized, the labours of the gods began. It is not easy to determine who these gods were exactly. Although Scandinavian authors definitely state Odin, the first of them, was the son of Bor, from the point at which he embarked on his eventful career he was portrayed in the company of other gods who seemed to emerge from nowhere and joined him initially to help him build the celestial abode, which was given the name of Asgard.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252014 Apr 20, 2013
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tre,
Not meaning to butt my nose into this, as I really don't post and the reason I'm in and out of this thread is because June came on another thread I do post on. Anyway, I remember when I was here more, and you, Svaha and her posted to each other in a kind manner. So in my little bit of an observation these days, I find it quite strange that she can't get along with either you or Svaha, therefore, I can see who the problem lies with-June. I asked her on another thread why she can't get along with very many people, and she didn't address that part of my post.
In case you're wondering what was the point of this post to you. Again, it was to post an observation on my part.
Hope you're doing well.
Thank you for your well wishes, and same to you Michelle.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252015 Apr 20, 2013
Some modern Pagans worship Odin,... but way back in history Odin was supposedly put to death.

Mythology is very silly stuff.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Odin death of the god

Even if Odin himself is gone for ever, his sons return, namely Vidar and Vali, and two of his brothers, Vili and Ve, whose names were quoted in the description of the way the world began.
Page 398
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252016 Apr 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you feel the need to copy posts from another thread? Is this some kind of "underhanded tactic," or just childishness? Or Both? Why not just post "Hey Michelle, na na na-boo-boo!"
Michelle came over here whining to you. Had she stayed over there, I wouldn't have brought that post over here.

Why are you not NOW calling me batshit-crazy Thomas? Are you now trying to be MR. NOBLE as Svaha labeled you and suggested of you back then when you were constantly calling me bat-shit crazy?

At any rate ... carry on with your friends in arms.

It's neither here not there with me.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252017 Apr 20, 2013
Why are you now NOT calling me bat-shit crazy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 7 min EdmondWA 76
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 7 min Red Crosse 337
News Indonesia sentences gay club workers to 2 years... 12 min Eduardo 3
News Regional queer youth call for more understandin... 31 min Justin 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 56 min Your right except 58,472
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 1 hr Dont Resign Kirk 115
first time having gay sex? (men) (Dec '16) 1 hr Seth 3
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr Frindly 14,869
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 10 hr NotSoDivineMsM 26,922
More from around the web