Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217512 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251100 Apr 2, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>The Roman Catholic Church, as an organization, does not have Civil Rights in America, beyond not having to pay taxes here. We can't take away what it doesn't have. Every individual within the Church, has Civil Rights, but not the Church itself.
I don't want to take anyone's rights away. I just want my own to be recognized like everyone else's.
My thought was that if you erradicate the Catholic Church, then you would be abolishing the right for Catholics to worship. No?

What right are you missing? Do you think anyone's rights should ever be denied?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#251101 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you two have different ideas.
NO kidding???

Many people have left the Catholic church because they woke up to the fact that those men never did tell a straight story.

You simply are too lazy and self-indulged to think for yourself.

You hope a Jew will save you (a Catholic) for well-deserved eternal bliss.

Silly woman!

Terrace, Canada

#251102 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you live a long time cause it's all you got.
I sure ain't got your religious stupidity, and for that I am thankful.

Terrace, Canada

#251103 Apr 2, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>That's already happening, and I think it's fabulous.
The problem is, so many people that leave Catholicism join other religions that also teach nonsensical superstition and ritual as being worthy of value.

Terrace, Canada

#251104 Apr 2, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>We don't. June is exactly right - and ex-Catholics are proving it daily.
Thank God.
Thank GOD???

Are you kidding???

Terrace, Canada

#251105 Apr 2, 2013
I'd rather worship a door-knob than to worship an image of a creator that needed suffering of all forms of life to prove one or another point.

Terrace, Canada

#251106 Apr 2, 2013
"I'll send my son to earth to be murdered, so that you will know that murder is proof of my love."

Stupid stuff indeed!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251107 Apr 2, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>That's already happening, and I think it's fabulous.
It isn't happening. In fact millions of Catholics are returning to their faith.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251108 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The taxpayers give PP over a million dollars a day and there is no accounting for the money.
Where's the accounting for the RCC's money?
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251109 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what Church is involved in the political system. What church is part of the three branches of government?
the church doesn't think it has to adhere to government standards in terms of their female employees access to health care benefits. that's only for starters

Terrace, Canada

#251111 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You WISH!

Besides that, your faith is in your own interpretations ... nothing else.

No pope ever taught you that Atheists would just be allowed to die and not pay with eternal punishment in a hereafter.

It seems you have written your own buy-bull!!!
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251112 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks to the pro"choicers" who were perfectly content to allow him to continue maiming and killing women and children.
Thanks to the RCC leadership thousands of children have been raped and molested by pedophile priests. Thanks to the RCC women are dying because the RCC doesn't think women are PEOPLE, merely walking wombs producing children who, once born, don't seem to matter much because they allow pedophile priests to USE them much like the RCC uses women as fetus containers. Nothing more nothing less

Terrace, Canada

#251113 Apr 2, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the accounting for the RCC's money?
They have their own accountants, and if they account to a god, the god must be as vile as are the Catholics that banked for centuries on nothing but blood-money.

And they DARE to preach their sermons about sin at women for having abortions!

Those men have SOME nerve!
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251114 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/30/7-re...
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251115 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman absolutely should have power over her body, but once she is pregnant there are two bodies.
and she has power over both. Fetus cannot continue without her WILLING consent. Want to limit the number of abortions? Treat pregnant women like PEOPLE, not fetus containers.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251116 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. So many of those who are against abortion are also against all the programs that benefit these children they insist MUST be brought to birth. Far too many of them also are against comprehensive sex ed, and effective forms of birth control.
And what they're really saying is that they want to go back in time to where women couldn't do a damned thing that their husband/father/male relative didn't want them to do.
I love "conservative" thinking. So logical and compassionate:-)
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#251117 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And now that that is remedied,"
No thanks to the pro"choicers" who were perfectly content to allow him to continue maiming and killing women and children.
"are you of the opinion that wider hallways will save women's lives?
They might if there is a woman hemorrhaging-she could die if an ambulance can't get to her.
Yeah but if she's hemorrhaging and the ONLY thing that will save her is abortion (late term or otherwise) you say no. But of course that's okay in YOUR book because women really aren't people. Just fetus containers. So spare me your "save the woman" bullshit.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251118 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My thought was that if you erradicate the Catholic Church, then you would be abolishing the right for Catholics to worship. No?
What right are you missing? Do you think anyone's rights should ever be denied?
Where did I say "I" want to eradicate the Catholic Church??
I said I thought it would be 'lovely', meaning that I think it would be a good thing if it were eradicated. And then I said, in concurrence with June, that former parishioners are growing in number, that they are CHOOSING to leave the Church, and that I wish to infringe on no one's rights.
Worship if you want, when you want, where you want, how you want, with whomever wants to worship with you. Practice your religion ON YOURSELF.
Don't, however, try to get me to worship at all. And especially do NOT attempt to practice your religion on ME by requiring me to pray to your god, follow its rules, or submit to its practices, as a matter of law.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251119 Apr 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank GOD???
Are you kidding???
Should have thrown "tongue in cheek" in there....

OOPS

Terrace, Canada

#251120 Apr 2, 2013
Natural Phenomena more often than not created superstition in those who didn't know any better.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Archeologists have discovered the remains of Pluto's Gate — once believed to be a portal to hell because it produced fatal vapours — in Turkey.

Located in the ancient Phrygian city of Hierapolis, now the Turkish city of Pamukkale, Pluto's Gate was a cave thought to be an entrance to the underworld.

"This space is full of a vapour so misty and dense that one can scarcely see the ground. Any animal that passes inside meets instant death," Greek geographer Strabo wrote in about 24 AD.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/02/gate-to-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 5,402
News Catholic parents fight gay couple's adoption 1 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 1
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 2 hr jonjedi 76
News Perry doubted his win was legitimate. Now Texas... 2 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 3
News International stars turn to gay bashing 2 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr Vros 959
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Judgement 25,253
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 4 hr EdmondWA 33
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr Inquisitor 46,301
More from around the web