Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251769 Apr 10, 2013
Catholics
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251770 Apr 10, 2013
More often than not, religious dogma gave people an EXCUSE to be sadists in the guise of supposed holiness.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book …“The Golden Bough” by James Frazer

Similarly in Bastar, a province in India,“If a man is adjudged guilty of witchcraft, he is beaten by the crowd, his hair is shaved, the hair being supposed to constitute his power of mischief, his front teeth are knocked out, in order, it is said, to prevent him from muttering incantations.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251771 Apr 10, 2013
For century after century, those in religion tormented, tortured and burned homosexuals at the stake as evil-sinners.

The fact that tormenting, physically torturing, and burning other humans at the stake was NOT perceived as far worse in comprehension of decency, than two men or two women having consensual sex ... should make it plain that you should drop your religion as a nasty nasty blight and start (while you still are able) to treat homosexuals with respect.

If you don't smarten up, and there just happens to be some sense of real justice ... you might reap the horrors that you deserve for following such religion when your consciences KNEW better and you paid NO heed ... NO heed whatsoever!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251772 Apr 10, 2013
And my guess is, the new pope is not going to give any support to the idea that homosexuals are NOT "intrinsically evil." He is caught in the web of lies promoted by previous popes, and those cardinals voted him in because they believed in him to support the same lies that were taught as truth for all those centuries.

What a shame that the followers so idolize the pomp and glory of the hierarchy to such an extent that they kiss the pope's ring-finger ... his ass, and any other part of his body they can reach, in hopes of purifying themselves for an imaginary "heaven."

What a shame!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251773 Apr 10, 2013

The noted inquisitor Sprenger contented himself with shaving the head of the suspected witch or wizard; but his more thoroughgoing colleague Cumanus shaved the whole bodies of forty-seven women before committing them to the flames.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251774 Apr 10, 2013
Words from an Atheist

I beg of my own conscience to spare me from religion, that I may treat others as I so desire to BE treated.

June VanDerMark
April 10, 2013
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251775 Apr 10, 2013
My desire is to understand more and more WHY women have abortions, and to never expect them to follow my path, realizing that their paths are their own ... NOT mine.

I beg of my conscience that I never look down on them, but rather support them in dire times of need for understanding ... that I will try my best to keep them alive, so they can go home to their families and in future maybe never have to make the difficult choices again of having abortions.

I wish for them that they feel no guilt after their abortions, being easy on themselves for being mortal humans where necessary choices often make life difficult.

I hope they pay no heed whatsoever to theologians that WANT them to feel guilt for the theologians' own agendas, when the theologians from my perspective should tend to their own messes and stop blathering idiocy based on nothing but fantasy.

I have yet much more to learn about why women have abortions, and that is my AIM.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251776 Apr 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My desire is to understand more and more WHY women have abortions, and to never expect them to follow my path, realizing that their paths are their own ... NOT mine.
I beg of my conscience that I never look down on them, but rather support them in dire times of need for understanding ... that I will try my best to keep them alive, so they can go home to their families and in future maybe never have to make the difficult choices again of having abortions.
I wish for them that they feel no guilt after their abortions, being easy on themselves for being mortal humans where necessary choices often make life difficult.
I hope they pay no heed whatsoever to theologians that WANT them to feel guilt for the theologians' own agendas, when the theologians from my perspective should tend to their own messes and stop blathering idiocy based on nothing but fantasy.
I have yet much more to learn about why women have abortions, and that is my AIM.
Women have abortions for a variety of reasons, but most often, I suspect, because they no longer want to be pregnant. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but the only completely effective methods to prevent pregnancy are celibacy and sterility. Neither of those is prevalent. Maybe we should devote our collective energies to figuring out a way to make humans less sexual, or to reversibly sterilizing everyone at birth, requiring those who WANT to reproduce, to prove competence and means, before reversing it.

Sounds more effective to me.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251777 Apr 10, 2013
This is the type of nonsense theologians wanted their devout followers of words to believe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Among the ignorant classes of modern Europe the same confusion of ideas, the same mixture of religion and magic, crops up in various forms. Thus we are told that in France “the majority of the peasants still believe that the priest possesses a secret and irresistible power over the elements. By reciting certain prayers which he alone knows and has the right to utter, yet for the utterance of which he must afterwards demand absolution, he can, on an occasion of pressing danger, arrest or reverse for a moment the action of the eternal laws of the physical world. The winds, the storms, the hail, and the rain are at his command and obey his will. The fire also is subject to him, and the flames of a conflagration are extinguished at his word.”
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251778 Apr 10, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Women have abortions for a variety of reasons, but most often, I suspect, because they no longer want to be pregnant. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but the only completely effective methods to prevent pregnancy are celibacy and sterility. Neither of those is prevalent. Maybe we should devote our collective energies to figuring out a way to make humans less sexual, or to reversibly sterilizing everyone at birth, requiring those who WANT to reproduce, to prove competence and means, before reversing it.
It goes without saying that women who have abortions don't want to be pregnant ... but women have always become pregnant and for countless ones, no ounce of prevention has worked.

I suggest that we keep the clinics open and allow women the honor of making the choices that best fit for their selves.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251779 Apr 10, 2013
Whether women have abortions in clinics or by the method of Lysol, or knitting needles, etc., the fetuses always perish. So I suggest the best solution for the women is to help them survive the abortions in the most humane way possible.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251780 Apr 10, 2013
To leave one religion to join another is "in essense" firing the god for not pleasing the believer.

Silly archaic nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In ancient Egypt, for example, the magicians claimed the power of compelling even the highest gods to do their bidding, and actually threatened them with destruction in case of disobedience.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251781 Apr 10, 2013
The other option is to take the old gods and make them over into new images.

Such is the case of the man who now refers to himself as the second coming of Jesus.

He remodeled the old supposed nasty god that favored only Christians, and now according to him there is no more sin and the god loves everybody.

He came as Jesus in the flesh to tell everybody the good news.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251782 Apr 10, 2013

Similarly in India at the present day the great Hindoo trinity itself of Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva is subject to the sorcerers, who, by means of their spells, exercise such an ascendancy over the mightiest deities, that these are bound submissively to execute on earth below, or in heaven above, whatever commands their masters the magicians may please to issue.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251783 Apr 10, 2013
In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[20] and superior to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251784 Apr 10, 2013
Those who feigned the idea that a god inspired men to write words were very crafty magicians indeed!

"I'll tell you what God told me, and then you will do MY bidding."

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#251785 Apr 10, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Estelle... nice to "see" you again. I'm glad that things are going well for you and your son.
Thanks Thomas!

I'm glad you are still around.

There is so much going on but it is good once in a while to check in on thread.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251786 Apr 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes without saying that women who have abortions don't want to be pregnant ... but women have always become pregnant and for countless ones, no ounce of prevention has worked.
I suggest that we keep the clinics open and allow women the honor of making the choices that best fit for their selves.
So do I.

I'm not advocating involuntary sterilization - just throwing it out there as a rebuttal to the anti-choice crowd.

I guarantee you, those who think women should 'face the consequences of sex', don't want to be sterilizing their children at birth to prevent this one. But it would work better than outlawing abortions. And it would be an equal division of responsibility for a change.

Jus' sayin'.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251787 Apr 10, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we should devote our collective energies to figuring out a way to make humans less sexual, or to reversibly sterilizing everyone at birth, requiring those who WANT to reproduce, to prove competence and means, before reversing it.
And who oversees this proof of competence and means? The government? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251788 Apr 10, 2013
Hope the weather's better for the rest of you. Last night/this morning we had THUNDERSLEET and a nasty ice storm. The power in my neighborhood was out when I woke up... luckily it's on here at the library. I was even nervous walking over here because chunks of ice were falling off the trees and power lines, with gusty winds again. This is the opposite of last spring. We had a mild winter and record warm March. We had 20 days last March that were 50* or above... even 70's and 80's. This year we only reached 50* once a few days ago and still having highs in the 30's and snow in April.

I called the power company to inquire about the outage... the response is automated... they estimate my power will be back on by Friday morning. WTF?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 46 min Travis Turbil 13,071
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 49 min Travis Turbil 2
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr Astro 2,570
News Anti-gay Southern Decadence preacher arrested o... (Feb '11) 4 hr BAC SOLDIER 31
News The fascinating sex life of Jonathan, the 186-y... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 4 hr Luther 6
News Secret Symphony exhibit in Allentown explores t... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 5 hr Noe 41
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 5 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 7 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 343
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr Freedomofexpression 57,593
More from around the web