Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247513 Jan 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And you spend just as much wasted energy telling other people what they believe and how they think. I don't think any of us think about you per se at all. I know I don't.
I'm very happy that you are content with you life as it is with no interest in things of a spiritual nature.
You are born, you suffer and you die. According to June. That is all you need to know.
You are the one that has told me what you believe and what you think.

I just respond to your posts with what I believe and think.

You mentioned that I believe I was born, I suffer, and I die.

You forgot to mention that I also enjoy what I believe is enjoyable ... and that it's not your religion.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247514 Jan 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have read any of the material on NDEs.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247515 Jan 31, 2013
Most books written about death experiences, were done so by those in religion.

Concerning the death experiences, I appreciate what Sam Parnia is studying, as he will not be bullied by those in religion to put religious connotations on the studies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Elizabeth Kubler – Ross … author of Death and Dying … & David Kessler …“LIFE LESSONS.

As a holy child of God, you do not deserve to be punished.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247516 Jan 31, 2013
If we deserve funerals ... how much more do the cells that keep us alive and govern our moods ... at least to a certain degree deserve such accolades?

When, at a funeral or a memorial, do we ever here ... "Those cells that kept George alive and in such a good mood were really something ... weren't they?"

My guess is, you won't hear it, cause it ain't gonna happen.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247517 Jan 31, 2013
Scripps Research Scientists Discover a Brain Cell Malfunction in Schizophrenia

LA JOLLA, CA – December 27, 2011 – Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute have discovered that DNA stays too tightly wound in certain brain cells of schizophrenic subjects.

http://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2011/201112...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247518 Jan 31, 2013
People that know they are dying often want to believe that the "god" of their dreams is only of the character of love. It makes their emotions all warm and fuzzy.

But before that, many of them chose to believe that the god was in deed a god that could either love or punish ... as the mood hit "him."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Elizabeth Kubler – Ross … author of Death and Dying … & David Kessler …“LIFE LESSONS.

Some believe in a God that sees us as bad and unlovable. But many at the edge of life find a God that loves us unconditionally, that sees us as guiltless.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247519 Jan 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Scripps Research Scientists Discover a Brain Cell Malfunction in Schizophrenia
LA JOLLA, CA – December 27, 2011 – Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute have discovered that DNA stays too tightly wound in certain brain cells of schizophrenic subjects.
http://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2011/201112...
Is that what SHE told you June?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#247520 Jan 31, 2013
The roman catholic diocese from Los Angeles from 2007 paid out $660 MILLION in lawsuits, and today the meter is still running and the story that started then is going to explode very shortly.

How can the roman cathlic church leaders point their fingers at others, "women and gays" when they themselves have committed the worst sins of all and cost hundreds of millions $$?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/la-c...

Every catholic who puts money into the church collection is fiancially supporting the defense costs of guilty buggering clergy.

Is that where you want a percentage of your hard earned money going?

If not, then why are catholics so SILENT!

Catholics pay ALL the bills of the church. Catholics should have more control of where their money is actually going.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247521 Jan 31, 2013
What a shame it is that so many homosexuals have committed suicide because so-called "experts" with negative words stole their self-worth away from them.

What a shame!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

Carole: I became infatuated with my first therapist, who was a woman. She told me that lesbianism is a sickness. She also told me that I wasn’t a lesbian. I stopped eating and I was down to ninety pounds. I looked like a little boy with long hair. The therapist there, a man, also kept insisting I wasn’t lesbian, that everyone had these feelings and I should push them away.

Phyllis: Did you ever ask,“Well, what would be wrong if I were?”

Carole: No, I only knew that from the general feeling on the ward, that it was wrong and that I’m not a lesbian. The therapist felt that the feelings I had for women were basically anti-male feelings instead of pro-woman feelings.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247522 Jan 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what SHE told you June?
She-who?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247523 Jan 31, 2013
It's often debatable who is more in need of therapy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Frances: I fell in love with a girl for the first time when I was twenty-four. I’d been in therapy at a hospital clinic in [Bellevue) and told my therapist about it when he came back from his vacation.

Phyllis: What was his reaction?

Frances: He freaked out. He started yelling at me.“You’re doing this because you think I’m your father and you want to hurt your father. You’re a spoiled child. The minute I go away you do this, you go out and do something that can be so dangerous” and he just freaked me out!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247524 Jan 31, 2013
It was never safe to cross those that served "god."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In 1860, Elizabeth Packard’s husband psychiatrically imprisoned her because she dared to engage in “free religious inquiry.” She insisted on teaching her Bible class that humans are born “good’ and “not evil.”
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247525 Jan 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Most books written about death experiences, were done so by those in religion.
Concerning the death experiences, I appreciate what Sam Parnia is studying, as he will not be bullied by those in religion to put religious connotations on the studies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
As a holy child of God, you do not deserve to be punished.
Yeah she is credible, look at the company she keeps.

In the late 1970s Kübler-Ross became interested in out-of-body experiences, mediumship, spiritualism and in other ways attempting to contact the dead. This led to a scandal connected to the Shanti Nilaya healing center where she was duped by the medium Jay Barham, founder of the Church of the Facet of the Divinity. Claiming he could channel the spirits of the departed and summon ethereal "entities", he encouraged church members to engage in sexual relations with the "spirits". He may have hired several women to play the parts of female spirits for this purpose.[6] Kubler-Ross' friend Deanna Edwards attended a service to ascertain whether allegations against Barham were true. He was found to be naked and wearing only a turban when Edwards unexpectedly pulled masking tape off the light switch and flipped on the light.[7][8][9]

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247526 Jan 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In the late 1970s Kübler-Ross became interested in out-of-body experiences, mediumship, spiritualism and in other ways attempting to contact the dead. This led to a scandal connected to the Shanti Nilaya healing center where she was duped by the medium Jay Barham, founder of the Church of the Facet of the Divinity. Claiming he could channel the spirits of the departed and summon ethereal "entities", he encouraged church members to engage in sexual relations with the "spirits". He may have hired several women to play the parts of female spirits for this purpose.[6] Kubler-Ross' friend Deanna Edwards attended a service to ascertain whether allegations against Barham were true. He was found to be naked and wearing only a turban when Edwards unexpectedly pulled masking tape off the light switch and flipped on the light.[7][8][9]
I don't find what she writes any more credible than what you write ... so I don't know what you are trying to prove!

You both preach about "god" as though what you write should be taken seriously by others ... just because you both believe your own malarkey.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247527 Jan 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way Ink, would you rather keep company with the pope?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247528 Jan 31, 2013
LEHRER: Your new book, The Root of Thought, is all about the power of glial cells, which actually make up nearly 90 percent of cells in the brain. What do glial cells do? And why do we have so many inside our head?

KOOB: Originally, scientists didn't think they did anything. Until the last 20 years, brain scientists believed neurons communicated to each other, represented our thoughts, and that glia were kind of like stucco and mortar holding the house together. They were considered simple insulators for neuron communication. There are a few types of glial cells, but recently scientists have begun to focus on a particular type of glial cell called the 'astrocyte,' as they are abundant in the cortex. Interestingly, as you go up the evolutionary ladder, astrocytes in the cortex increase in size and number, with humans having the most astrocytes and also the biggest. Scientists have also discovered that astrocytes communicate to themselves in the cortex and are also capable of sending information to neurons. Finally, astrocytes are also the adult stem cell in the brain and control blood flow to regions of brain activity. Because of all these important properties, and since the cortex is believed responsible for higher thought, scientists have started to realize that astrocytes must contribute to thought.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247529 Jan 31, 2013
Note the words "Scientists have also discovered that astrocytes communicate to themselves in the cortex" and then I suggest you ask your selves if you still believe that humans are really all-that "special?"
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247530 Jan 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She-who?
I'm sorry June.
I assumed you two met already.
My mistake.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247531 Jan 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry June.
I assumed you two met already.
My mistake.
No problem Jumper. I understand that you don't realize there are not just two of us in me. We are one big happy family ...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247532 Jan 31, 2013
I just watched a program where the woman speaking gave what I believe to be sound advise ... Never make an apology followed by the word "but."

If you really are sorry, the word "but" is simply a justification for behaving like an ass in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Supreme Court Won't Stop Gay Marriages ... 9 min Rainbow Cupid 3
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 10 min woodtick57 41
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 29 min chris toal 26,689
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 38 min Jerald 2
Elton John, David Furnish to tie knot in privat... 46 min Troll Stopper 15
Gay staff 'suffer jobs market bias' 50 min Troll Stopper 8
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 52 min Pietro Armando 4,998
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 1 hr NorCal Native 1,215
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr KiMare 2,835
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 5,454