Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250834 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Well, trying to make abortion illegal is a far cry from doing something for women."
And you know that that isn't the only thing that I do.
"It would close the clinics and drive them to back to the butchers."
Of course making abortion illegal is not the only thing you do, but it is the subject of this discussion.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250835 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"It would close the clinics and drive them to back to the butchers."
What other kinds of "clinics" should we have so that killing isn't done in back allies?
Do you prefer that the women go to back street butchers rather than government appoved clinics?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250836 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And fetuses are NOT children."
Weren't you the one who just said that it IS all about perception?
Yes I did. Your perception is that fetuses are children.

My perception is that they are NOT children.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250837 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why if you don't look at it you can pretend it isn't what you know it is. The problem is, it doesn't look like the bunch of cells she was lied to about.
Do you really have to belittle women so much as to imply they don't know that the cells in wombs are in the shape of fetuses???

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250838 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why WHAT??? Forcing women to watch a fetues that they intend to abort is not only morbid ... it's cruel to the women.
Most of them feel horrible already for the choices they feel they must make in order to protect their livelihoods and the families that already count on them for support.
Why would a woman feel horrible for killing a bunch of cells? Why would it upset her toe see a bunch of cells?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#250839 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why WHAT??? Forcing women to watch a fetues that they intend to abort is not only morbid ... it's cruel to the women.
Most of them feel horrible already for the choices they feel they must make in order to protect their livelihoods and the families that already count on them for support.
Abortion is a cruel business especially to the baby. They should feel horrible for getting into the position of being pregnant again. Don't they ever learn. PP hands out BC.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250840 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really have to belittle women so much as to imply they don't know that the cells in wombs are in the shape of fetuses???
They aren't just in the shape of a fetus, they are a fetus, which is an early stage in the life of a human.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250841 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you prefer that the women go to back street butchers rather than government appoved clinics?
Like Gosnell's?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250842 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did. Your perception is that fetuses are children.
My perception is that they are NOT children.
You fight for your perception, I will fight for mine. But if perception should be the rulling factor then neither perception is wrong.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250843 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a woman feel horrible for killing a bunch of cells? Why would it upset her toe see a bunch of cells?
The ones that perceive it as cells would not BE upset. But those in many religions perceive the fetuses as being placed in wombs by a god, and those are the ones that already feel the guilt of having abortions.

Would you like to add to their guilt by forcing them to view what they intend to abort???

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250844 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But if perception should be the rulling factor then neither perception is wrong.
Now you're getting the hang of it. The women who perceive that the fetuses are cells rather than living spirits of a god, are coming from their perceptions ... not yours.

When you call them murderers, you are coming from your perception, not theirs.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250845 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is a cruel business especially to the baby. They should feel horrible for getting into the position of being pregnant again. Don't they ever learn. PP hands out BC.
Your view of the issue is very narrow and harshly judgmental.

From the book …“Abortion … by R. F. R. Gardner”… comes the following….first published in 1972.

Mrs. B. is a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had four pregnancies. The first baby was stillborn, being grossly abnormal: a hydrocephalic. The second child, now aged six years, suffers from a blood disease and has to go into the hospital at frequent intervals for blood transfusion. Her third child has a spina bifida and the fourth child is a spastic, now aged eighteen months, who was unable to control his bowels. Her husband is a clerk and has been preparing for professional examinations, but has had to abandon these in order to help his wife with the family. It is now five weeks since her last period and she finds she cannot face the eight months of waiting, wondering if the child is going to be normal. In addition, she fears that she will be unable to cope with another baby in view of her present commitments.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250846 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that perceive it as cells would not BE upset. But those in many religions perceive the fetuses as being placed in wombs by a god, and those are the ones that already feel the guilt of having abortions.
Would you like to add to their guilt by forcing them to view what they intend to abort???
Then maybe they shouldn't be having the abortion.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250847 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're getting the hang of it. The women who perceive that the fetuses are cells rather than living spirits of a god, are coming from their perceptions ... not yours.
When you call them murderers, you are coming from your perception, not theirs.
Soooooo I am comming from my, and by your own statements I am not wrong.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250848 Mar 27, 2013
I often think of a woman who told me after five children in an unhappy marriage, how she was relieved when the would-be sixth one aborted on its own.

When others would give her their sympathy, she would feign sorrow so as not to appear heartless.

Women have to tread carefully among their peers who are often quick to judge and far too slow to understand.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#250849 Mar 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view of the issue is very narrow and harshly judgmental.
From the book …“Abortion … by R. F. R. Gardner”… comes the following….first published in 1972.
Mrs. B. is a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had four pregnancies. The first baby was stillborn, being grossly abnormal: a hydrocephalic. The second child, now aged six years, suffers from a blood disease and has to go into the hospital at frequent intervals for blood transfusion. Her third child has a spina bifida and the fourth child is a spastic, now aged eighteen months, who was unable to control his bowels. Her husband is a clerk and has been preparing for professional examinations, but has had to abandon these in order to help his wife with the family. It is now five weeks since her last period and she finds she cannot face the eight months of waiting, wondering if the child is going to be normal. In addition, she fears that she will be unable to cope with another baby in view of her present commitments.
Why didn't she get her tubes tied, and had her husband get a vasectomy? It is incredably cruel, selfish, and inhumane to get pregnant again just to kill it.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250850 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe they shouldn't be having the abortion.
But from their point of view ... they should have the abortions, or they wouldn't have the abortions.

You are not in their lives and have no idea why they are making such decisions ... and furthermore, you don't care why, as you are having too much pleasure by judging them.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250851 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooo I am comming from my, and by your own statements I am not wrong.
I can't answer if you are wrong, as that would only be my perception.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250852 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't she get her tubes tied, and had her husband get a vasectomy? It is incredably cruel, selfish, and inhumane to get pregnant again just to kill it.
Each situation is different ... not that you care.

The man who wrote the book had first been a Christian minister who was as harsh in his judgment as are you. Then he became a sociologist and when he dealt directly with the women, he began to understand why they were determined to have abortions.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250853 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't she get her tubes tied, and had her husband get a vasectomy? It is incredably cruel, selfish, and inhumane to get pregnant again just to kill it.
From the book … Margaret Sanger … an autobiography, comes the following.

Margaret was then a nurse in New York.......

On Saturday nights I have seen groups of from fifty to one hundred with their shawls over their heads waiting outside the office of a five-dollar abortionist.

Each time I returned to this district, which was becoming a recurrent nightmare, I used to hear that Mrs. Cohen "had been carried to a hospital, but had never come back," or that Mrs. Kelly "had sent the children to a neighbor and had put her head into the gas oven..” Day after day such tales were poured into my ears—a baby born dead, great relief—the death of an older child, sorrow but again relief of a sort—the story told a thousand times of death from abortion and children going to institutions. I shuddered with horror as I listened to the details and studied the reasons back of them—destitution linked with excessive childbearing. The waste of life seemed utterly senseless. One by one worried, sad, pensive, and aging faces marshaled themselves before me in my dreams, sometimes appealingly, sometimes accusingly.

These were not merely “unfortunate conditions among the poor” such as we read about. I knew the women personally. They were living, breathing, human beings, with hopes, fears and aspirations like my own, yet their weary, misshapen bodies,“always ailing, never failing,” were destined to be thrown on the scrap heap before they were thirty-five. I could not escape from the facts of their wretchedness; neither was I able to see any way out. My own cozy and comfortable family existence was becoming a reproach to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Tre H 5,044
News Idaho man charged with federal hate crime in fa... 26 min Frogface Kate 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min Respect71 44,240
News Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage ob... 39 min jcofe 1
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 48 min Imprtnrd 395
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 1 hr Cath League of Du... 1
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 2 hr NightHawk 24
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Big C 24,140
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 12,713
More from around the web