Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#251683 Apr 6, 2013
your
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251684 Apr 6, 2013
In the book “Have a little faith,” the author Mitch Albom is interviewing a man of the Christian faith called Cass, who had lost both of his legs from diabetes. Cass told Mitch of his experiences. Following is part of the interview I found very interesting.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

“Eighteen years ago—back when I had both my legs—I was stabbed in the stomach in a place called Sweetheart’s Bar. I was selling drugs outa there. Two guys came in, and one guy grabbed me from behind and the other guy took the drugs and stabbed me. I nearly died in the hospital. I was gurgling blood. Doctors said I’d be lucky to live through the night. But when I got out, I went back to drugs again.

“Not long after that, the drugs got me sent to prison. Three years. I became a Muslim in there, because the Muslims were clean, they took care of their bodies, and a guy named Usur showed me how to pray, you know, five times a day, on the prayer mats, do the salahs, say,‘Alahu Akbar.’

“But this guy, Usur, at the end of it all, he’s whisper,‘In Jesus’s name, amen.’ I pulled him to the side one day and he says,‘Listen, man, I’m a Muslim in here, but my family out there, they’re Christians. I don’t know if it’s Allah or Jesus Christ after life. I’m just trying to get in, you understand me?’ Cause I ain’t never going home, Cass. Do you understand that I’m going to die here?

“Well, I left prison and that kinda messed me up. I drifted away from anything with God and I got back into drugs—crack, pills, weed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The story goes on, and eventually Cass became a dyed in the wool Christian.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251685 Apr 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
your
My what?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251686 Apr 6, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>In your case,the police station.
I suggest you try THIS version of truth on for size Jumper. It might satisfy all of your desires, barring none.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Hebrew Goddess

Asherah, known as the "Lady of the Sea"

Asherah, the Shekinah, consort and beloved of Yahweh. God-the-Mother. Her sacred pillars or poles once stood right beside Yahweh's altar, embracing it. Moses and Aaron both carried one of these Asherah "poles" as a sacred staff of power. The Children of Israel were once dramatically healed simply by gazing at the staff with serpents suspended from it. This symbol, the snakes and the staff, has become the modern universal symbol for doctors and healers.* Asherah was also widely known in the Middle Eastern ancient world as a Goddess of Healing. Then She was removed forcibly from the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures around 400 or 500 B.C.

http://www.northernway.org/hgoddess.html
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251687 Apr 6, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>My what?
Your insight into Jehovah's "mind."

It always pays to read what's in the deity's mind ... or at least that's what all the theologians taught ... just before they hired hit men to kill each other.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251688 Apr 6, 2013
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The goddesses

Hel

It was a goddess, also, who guarded the kingdom of the dead, at least as far as the Scandinavians were concerned, and she was called Hel. She lived underground, in the land of shades, which in many ways was like the Orcas of the Ancients, but it must not be thought of as a place of torture and punishment like the Christian hell. Hel, therefore, was not an evil deity, and she is never quoted as the daughter of the diabolical Loki until after certain late texts make their appearance, undoubtedly under the influence of the Christian faith. Nifheim was given her as her abode by Odin himself, and he also gave her power over nine different worlds, so that she could determine where everyone should dwell. She looked rather strange, for half of her face was normal and the other half was entirely black. But, even though she could look terrifying, the palace where she lived resembled the palace of the gods; she allocated a place to each newcomer, and the dead led a communal life which seemed very peaceful. When Balder, the god who was murdered, made his appearance, he was received with due honour, in a huge hall decorated in gold, where serving women hastily prepared a banquet. When the question arose of whether or not Balder would return to earth, Hel was neither cruel not unjust. But the fact remains that this goddess, who does not seem to have had her own cult, must have been created by poets; the way in which she is portrayed reminds me of a queen of shades.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251689 Apr 6, 2013
It just ain't my day. There are 85 pages on MichelleMCs "Saint of the Day" thread.

I won't go over and interrupt their saint-fest activities, but I do find it misleading that all those "saints" were put up on pedestals as being holy servants of a loving god ... when if they actually existed, the men would have died as martyrs for the church, dripping with the blood of their victims ... and the women would have been totally subservient to the men of the hierarchy ... just as they are today.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251690 Apr 6, 2013
I suggest you think about Mother Teresa, who will surely be cannonized as a saint by the hierarchy, and my guess is, she was equally as indoctrinated as all those other women in the church that were cannonized as holy and pure and divine and will spend their lives in eternal bliss for being faithful to the one and only truth of Catholicism.

Silly stuff in deed!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251691 Apr 6, 2013
I once read that the men of the Catholic church always did want their saints dead so that others couldn't prove they were mortal humans with major flaws of character.

By the time several hundred years went by, most people simply believed the tales taught to them of the ancient ones, and it was then time for the men of the church to cannonize them as saints.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251692 Apr 7, 2013
I couldn't help myself as the devil made me do it. I put the following post on MichelleMCs thread ... Saint of the Day.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

It's a good idea to question that word "saint."

I don't wonder why brutal men such as the popes, many of them claiming to be "infallible," while ordering the torture and murder of countless other humans would claim to be deserving of gold stars of sainthood.

It was and is quite the system of popes having the attitude of ... "After you die, I'll canonize you, and then after I die, others will canonize ME. And meanwhile we will also canonize lots and lots of those subservient women that scrubbed our floors, and had abortions when we impregnated them ... as we wouldn't want to appear as playing favorites by just canonizing men to the glory of sainthood."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251693 Apr 7, 2013
Pastor Rick Warren asks for prayers after announcing that his youngest son committed suicide

Warren was named the top newsmaker of the year for 2009 by the Religion Newswriters Association. He gained attention that year with his invocation at Obama’s inauguration, as well as with comments he made in the aftermath of California’s Proposition 8, which overturned gay marriage.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/04/07/...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Pastor Rick Warren blames son's death on depression

Even so, Matthew Warren spent his short life reaching out to others, his father said, calling him, "an incredibly kind, gentle and compassionate man," with "a brilliant intellect and a gift for sensing who was most in pain or most uncomfortable in a room.

Warren also drew hot criticism for his efforts to promote passage of Proposition 8 banning gay marriage in California that year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251694 Apr 7, 2013
My guess is, many of these preachers don't know that with their words that a god finds homosexuals abominable ... they pounded the nails in the coffins of their own children.

Which child will feel safe to come out as gay to an extremely popular minister that preaches that being gay is a sin against "GOD?"

Mental illness is often a ruse for these preachers when one of their children commits suicide.

They fail to see that the mental illness might have been inflicted on their own children ... such as what might have occured with the notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251695 Apr 7, 2013
My guess is, that when the U.S. pulls its troops out of Afghanistan, all the killing will continue among the religious factions as it was before the U.S. tried to change the politics and religion to suit its own purposes.

It didn't escape the Muslims in Afghanistan that all of the United States Presidents have been Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Six Americans, Afghan doctor killed in Taliban attacks, the deadliest day for U.S. in eight months

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/07/six-a...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251696 Apr 7, 2013
The Muslims place high value on their religion in politics, and the Christians place high value on their own religion in politics.

Yet if an Atheist ran for leadership, it is my guess that BOTH the Christians and the Muslims would be aghast at such an EVIL person daring to even suggest such a thing!

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251697 Apr 7, 2013
Often where there is violence, one will find the word "God."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

"I warn France that it will meet in Mali, with God's permission, the same fate America met in Iraq and Afghanistan."

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Al-Qaida-to-...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251698 Apr 7, 2013
My guess is, many of the more peaceful Muslims in America are "praying" that Islam will not take over America as occurs in the theocratic countries where Islam rules with threat of death for most everything perceived as "heresy."

However, these Muslims that escaped the Muslim theocratic governing brutes that claim to work for Allah also know that if they speak out against Islam, their days very well may be numbered.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the Atheist who speaks against Islam lives in America with body guards as her companions.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251699 Apr 7, 2013
The pastor claims his son struggled "from birth" with depression.

Yet he claims he was kind and gentle and would reach out to others who felt a need for comfort.

Strange indeed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pastor-rick-warren-o...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251700 Apr 7, 2013
A women that a short time back had all the answers of how to raise children, recently asked me if I believed that with children it is a matter of nature or nurture.

Her children are now teenagers, and in temperament are as different as day is from night.

It pays to ask questions, yet to never claim to know answers.

I suggested that from my "perspective" it seems to be a combination of nurture and nature. If children don't have self-image-building nurture, their nature will not be kind to them.

Such has been the case with many children brought up by religious parents to hate their own image of homosexuality. Suicide has often been the end result.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#251701 Apr 7, 2013
Having lost a gay nephew to suicide, I understand from our many conversations how the cruel jokes told in his presence as a teenager by people who didn't know he was gay, left lasting pain in his psyche. He was in a church for some time that taught that being homosexual was offensive to "god."

No matter how I tried to undo what had been done to harm him, it was of no use.

As a child I held him on my knee. He was a happy little guy, and sensitive and gentle and didn't have any depression, or a mean streak in his nature that I ever saw.

Yet as he grew to adulthood, he was harmed again and again BY others.

Of course his own actions hurt others from time to time. He was on a course of self-destruction, and tried suicide other times before he finally succeeded.

Ultimately we lost him to his own emotional pain.

I sincerely hope he found the peace in death that he was unable to find in life.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251702 Apr 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Having lost a gay nephew to suicide, I understand from our many conversations how the cruel jokes told in his presence as a teenager by people who didn't know he was gay, left lasting pain in his psyche. He was in a church for some time that taught that being homosexual was offensive to "god."
No matter how I tried to undo what had been done to harm him, it was of no use.
As a child I held him on my knee. He was a happy little guy, and sensitive and gentle and didn't have any depression, or a mean streak in his nature that I ever saw.
Yet as he grew to adulthood, he was harmed again and again BY others.
Of course his own actions hurt others from time to time. He was on a course of self-destruction, and tried suicide other times before he finally succeeded.
Ultimately we lost him to his own emotional pain.
I sincerely hope he found the peace in death that he was unable to find in life.
June, I'm sorry for your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 3 min NAS Memphis 44
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 26 min Agents of Corruption 10,359
News Gay couplea s home targeted by racist graffiti ... 42 min Pence of Tides 2
News Seven arrested in Egypt after raising rainbow f... 1 hr Pence of Tides 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 56,217
News Priest: 'All gays should be shot' 1 hr GAY BS BUSTER 20
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 3 hr Tyrone 62
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 3 hr GAY BS BUSTER 228
More from around the web