Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#247411 Jan 29, 2013
Some women believe that men are less likely to suffer guilt than are women. I don't agree.

Men were often taught as little boys to not cry or show emotion, and in turn, the high rate of stress and heart-attacks etc., bespeaks of men that are emotionally suffering ... big-time.

Many men were taught the dogma of "head of the household" nonsense, and then when they try to do their best by what they were taught, modernized women, who are often terribly spoiled from childhood, won't have any part of that issue.

My daughter wrote this poem many years ago.

You will make of it what you will.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Silently they suffer

Amid the list of stigmas
Our society composed
Lies one that state that “men don’t cry”
As every adult knows

From little boys we teach them
It’s not right to show their tears
They silently must suffer
Their griefs, their guilt, their fears

Yes, society may frown on you
And that’s exactly why
It takes tremendous courage
For a grown man to cry

Alannah Wheeler

Quesnel, Canada

#247412 Jan 29, 2013
Black and White

If he sees the ball as white
And your side's black as night

Let us turn the ball around
You'll find both black and white

Two sides there are to everything
So when you think you're right

Just put yourself within his place
You'll see that ball as white!

Alannah Wheeler

Quesnel, Canada

#247413 Jan 29, 2013
The words black and white both meant ... bare of colour.

Quesnel, Canada

#247414 Jan 29, 2013
Sam Parnia claims there is no such thing as paranormal, as it is all normal.

I agree.

Just because I don't understand the whole picture, doesn't mean that part of the picture is abnormal or paranormal.

Maybe what I imagine didn't exist in the first place, except in my over-active imagination.

Quesnel, Canada

#247415 Jan 29, 2013
The same issue occurs in my mind concerning homosexuality. I don't understand it, but I accept it as normal.

Maybe some day medical scientists will find the reasons why heterosexual attraction is different than homosexual attraction, and why some humans attract to both genders.

I don't have to understand why we are different. It's enough for me to understand that we ARE different.

But then I never did allow theologians to do my thinking for me.

Quesnel, Canada

#247417 Jan 29, 2013
“Drawing upon ground-breaking research, Dr Sam Parnia explains what happens to the brain and consciousness during cardiac arrest. In The Lazarus Effect, he shares the amazing stories of patients who have survived cardiac arrest, and explains how this points to a new understanding of death. Medical science has made huge advances in recent years and it’s now clear that:

·If a patient hasn’t taken a breath for 10 minutes, they are not necessarily dead. In fact, death is not a moment in time but a process – today you could still be resuscitated after 40 minutes.

·In 10 years’ time, we may recover loved ones hours, or even days, after their last breath.

·If the body suffers a serious trauma, the heart and brain cells go into a sort of hibernation from which they can recover.

·Recovery is much more likely if the body is artificially cooled – but only 50% of hospitals do this.

·Only 1.8% of resuscitations are currently successful (unlike how it seems on TV hospital dramas).

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread872...

Quesnel, Canada

#247418 Jan 29, 2013
I remember years ago, adults telling stories of people that were presumed dead that suddenly started breathing on their own again and scared the staff in morgues and in their own homes, when a sheet that covered the supposed deceased individual started moving.

Such occurrences were often perceived as "miracles," from a god ... but modern science suggests that the cells within human bodies might just be in hibernation, until they recover from their own shock put upon them.

My guess is, there is a rational explanation for all occurrences, if only we are patient enough to wait, and stop allowing our imaginations to fly off in all directions.

Quesnel, Canada

#247419 Jan 29, 2013
$5 Million Grant Awarded by Private Foundation to Study Immortality

“We will be very careful in documenting near-death experiences and other phenomena, trying to figure out if these offer plausible glimpses of an afterlife or are biologically induced illusions,” Fischer said.“Our approach will be uncompromisingly scientifically rigorous. We’re not going to spend money to study alien-abduction reports. We will look at near-death experiences and try to find out what’s going on there — what is promising, what is nonsense, and what is scientifically debunked. We may find something important about our lives and our values, even if not glimpses into an afterlife.”

http://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/7496

Quesnel, Canada

#247420 Jan 29, 2013
Nor grant we therefore that our eyes are blind;

Blame not on eyes the error of the mind;

Lucretius

Quesnel, Canada

#247421 Jan 29, 2013
Suspicion creates monsters in the dark

Oriental proverb.

Quesnel, Canada

#247422 Jan 29, 2013
Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.

Erik H. Erikson

Quesnel, Canada

#247423 Jan 29, 2013
Parents of homosexuals, because of religion, fear death for what they have been taught are unrepentant sinners.

When their children come out as gay, it scared the bejeepers out of these parents that envision their children burning in hell.

I never did trust or believe theologians.

I suggest you bypass such nonsense and devote all the energy to your children that just happen to be born gay.

I hope you learn ... before it's too late.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.

She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.

When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.

The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his "eternal soul," she paid him no heed.

He took his own life.

She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!

What a tough lesson for that poor woman.

In my opinion, religion that teaches such skewed doctrine belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the slime

Quesnel, Canada

#247424 Jan 29, 2013
Men fear Death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.

Francis Bacon
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247425 Jan 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Men fear Death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.
Francis Bacon
Never respond to a know it all unless you know it all.

Jumper The Wise.

Quesnel, Canada

#247426 Jan 29, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Never respond to a know it all unless you know it all.
Jumper The Wise.
Hahahahahahaha

Good one!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#247427 Jan 29, 2013
Until the lion has his or her own storyteller, the hunter will always have the best part of the story.

African Proverb

Quesnel, Canada

#247428 Jan 29, 2013
If you were a god, which story of which theologian would YOU believe?

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#247429 Jan 29, 2013
Synaesthesia can come in many forms as the different senses mix and melt together.

Mirror-touch

The most common type is grapheme-colour synaesthesia where people perceive words, letters and numbers as distinct colours.

A more recently described type is mirror-touch synaesthesia - in which tactile sensations are experienced when a synaesthete sees others being touched.

And Mr Wannerton's relatively rare form is known as word-taste or lexical gustatory synaesthesia.

There are many theories about why this condition exists.

Some people believe it is due to the cross-wiring of certain areas in the brain usually unconnected.

Others suggest everyone is born with these cross-connections and in most people these links melt away, but in synaesthetes they remain strong.

Dr Simner says: "We now know for a fact the brains of people with synaesthesia are different to other people in two ways.

"Brains of synaesthetes have extra clusters of connectivity and there are differences in the grey matter of the brain - an extra thickness is seen in certain areas."

Prof Jamie Ward has studied Mr Wannerton's brain in detail using brain scanning techniques.

When we've asked James to think about words which have good and less palatable tastes to him, we see many parts of the brain lighting up, including areas associated with taste, emotional processing and mental imagery, he says.

But there is still a long way to go in understanding synaesthesia, particularly in identifying genes responsible for the condition, researchers say.

The tendency to have synaesthesia runs in families, though relatives will often have different types of it.

And research as early as 1963 suggests synaesthesia can be induced by drugs such as LSD - opening up the possibility the condition may be in part due to an imbalance of chemicals in the brain.

There have even been some cases where synaesthesia occurs after an injury to the brain.

One of James's girlfriends tasted of rhubarb
But most synaesthetes, like James, feel they have always had it.

As a child it really didn't bother him.

"It felt as natural as breathing," he says.

But there are times in his adult life that the constant bombardment on his palate can be a nuisance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21060207

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#247430 Jan 29, 2013
Who hasn't the catholic church waged war on?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#247432 Jan 29, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
always amuses me these folks think THEIR religion is for everyone else but themselves
They got's a purpose y'know.
Rational folks needs 'em ta balance the scale, an know what they could'a been like if'n they was ignorant fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 2 min Reverend Alan 715
Gay-rights activist charged with sex abuse was ... 9 min Obama is the POS 17
Is NE Jade a Neat Gay or a Scumbag? 17 min Nolan 2
Will NE Jade be Making a Butt Baby Twoday? 18 min Nolan 2
Discuss NE Jade From Norfolk Nebraska 19 min Nolan 2
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 21 min Frankie Rizzo 3,552
Homosexuality 'promotes bonding' 53 min Frankie Rizzo 56
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 55 min Frankie Rizzo 3,973
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 1 hr Reverend Alan 41
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 4 hr Obvious 29