Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217521 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#250692 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, He even sent His Son to be sacrificed for their sins just like the prophets said.
Then you DON'T believe that the Jews were Jehovah's chosen few!

He had settled the issue. You, as a Christian have undone the words of the Jewish god.

Silly self-serving dogmas! Prophets be DAMNED!

Quesnel, Canada

#250693 Mar 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you decide to put words in my mouth.....no surprise there....
I went by what you posted earlier.

You don't believe that any other than Christians receive miracles, or will be saved.

That is what you believe.

You are a vile heaven-hog, and there is nothing so greedy as a heaven-hog ... especially when Jews believe in Olam Ha Ba and NOT in a heaven designed by self-ingratiating blasphemers known as Christians.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#250695 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't ignore anything. Are you familiar with the messeanic prophecies?
Yes!... piles of bullshit written by men!

Are you familiar with this writing???

All these years later and it is no easier to write of Judas Iscariot than it was in the dark days. Not because I hold any judgment against him, but rather because I do not.

I will tell the story of Judas and hope to do so with justice. He was a man uncompromising in his principles, and those who follow us must know this: he did not betray those—or us—for a bag of silver. The truth is that Judas was the most loyal of the twelve. I have had so many reasons for grief years past, and yet I think there is but One whom I mourn more than Judas.

There are many who would have me write harshly of Judas—to condemn him as a betrayer, as a traitor, as one who was blind to the truth. But I can write none of those things for they would be lies before my pen touched the page. Enough lies will be written about our time, God has shown me that. I will not write more.

For what is my purpose, if not to tell the whole truth of what occurred then?

The Arques Gospel of Mary Magdalene,
The Book of disciples.

Quesnel, Canada

#250696 Mar 26, 2013
I don't believe any of it, but had Judas lived, he would have been a faithful Jew, as would Jesus.

But the ex-Jew Catholics portrayed the other apostles, Jesus, the virgin Mary, Pope Peter and his wife ... ALL Jews as favoring the Catholic religion.

They claimed that Mary is a Catholic Saint. Peter is a Catholic saint, and to this day Jesus still works 24/7 in Catholic confessionals forgiving "sins" of Catholics.

So very many lies came from those men who were butchers of other humans in the name of an image of a god that they STOLE from the Jews.

What a crime!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#250697 Mar 26, 2013
And as for all the starving people in the world, added to all the other starving and abused animals ... if a creator exists, that creator KNEW ahead of time all the suffering that would occur.

The creator knew that century after century humans would torture, imprison and murder others in the name of religion and for other reasons of greed. Yet the plan was never stopped to make another decent plan.

No swear-words could descibe the inhumane, vile nature of such a creator.

You can worship to your image of your own salvation's content. I'll have no part of it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#250698 Mar 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe any of it, but had Judas lived, he would have been a faithful Jew, as would Jesus.
But the ex-Jew Catholics portrayed the other apostles, Jesus, the virgin Mary, Pope Peter and his wife ... ALL Jews as favoring the Catholic religion.
They claimed that Mary is a Catholic Saint. Peter is a Catholic saint, and to this day Jesus still works 24/7 in Catholic confessionals forgiving "sins" of Catholics.
So very many lies came from those men who were butchers of other humans in the name of an image of a god that they STOLE from the Jews.
What a crime!!!
You are so confused. Give it up.

Quesnel, Canada

#250699 Mar 26, 2013
More on the conflict between Ireland's Catholicism and that of Rome.

Rituals were all important, and when they differed, conflict was certain. The attitude always was ... "You do it MY way, or you will be in trouble!!!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Struggle for Independence and Sovereignty

Roman primacy was not accepted, monks wore a tuft of hair on the head with the remainder shaven rather than vice versa, and one immersion rather than three at baptism was practiced. These differences later occasioned tension with missionaries from Rome.

Quesnel, Canada

#250700 Mar 26, 2013
"Celtic Christianity" was not of the same human-directed BRAND as Roman Christianity. But you can bet, they all bragged of knowing the truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by
Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Political as well as religious differences heightened the tensions between Roman and Celtic Christianity.

Quesnel, Canada

#250701 Mar 26, 2013
Christians never did see eye to eye on what the god (that tried in vain to steal from the Jews) expected of them.

Between denominations, theologians, and comparative religionists there are considerable disagreements about which groups can be properly called Christian, disagreements arising primarily from doctrinal differences between groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

Quesnel, Canada

#250702 Mar 26, 2013
My guess is, the pope would refer to Ink as a heretic ... at least in the old days that would have been the case.

The word heretic has rather fallen by the wayside in the vocabulary of most Christians, as it's not in "style."

It's funny how that works. Back in the "good old days" when popes were REAL popes, they enjoyed the power and the glory of referring to others as heretics and ordering their hit-men to bring 'em in and burn 'em at the stake.

OH well ... Ink won't be burned as a heretic, even though she claims that "god" loves everybody ... even the Jews ... and that Atheists will just be allowed to die and never have to burn in hell.

Ink is fortunate to live in this modern era, as the modern-day pope is not allowed to send his hit-men imprison, torture and kill at his own leisure.

Too bad for the pope. What a disappointment.

Sarcasm intended.

Quesnel, Canada

#250703 Mar 26, 2013
People never did give up their faiths in their own religious cults without the shedding of much blood.

Many people perceive Hitler as a brute ... but he learned well from his Catholic teachers how to gain control over others when they disagreed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by
Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Northern Ireland accepted Rome’s jurisdiction in 696, Iona in 720. Other territories followed, and unity with Rome once more prevailed.

Quesnel, Canada

#250704 Mar 26, 2013
I was not aware until just now, that there were people called Protestants before the Lutheran Reformation.

But it seems that people take on any old title that suits their whims.

Pre-Lutheran Protestants.

Hussites Moravian Church
Unity of the Brethren
Utraquists

Waldensian Evangelical Church

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

Quesnel, Canada

#250705 Mar 26, 2013
People are going back into history and grabbing old titles to fit their new religions.

My guess, nobody has a desire to take on the old title of "Donatist."

:)

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

Such disorders are the natural effects of religious tyranny; but the rage of the Donatists was inflamed by a frenzy of a very extraordinary kind; and which, if it really prevailed among them in so extravagant a degree, cannot surely be paralleled in any country or in any age. Many of these fanatics were possessed with the horror of life, and the desire for martyrdom; and they deemed it of little moment by what means, or by what hands, they perished, if their conduct was sanctified by the intention of devoting themselves to the glory of the true faith, and the hope of eternal happiness. Sometimes they rudely disturbed the festivals, and profaned the temples of Paganism, with the design of exciting the most zealous of the idolaters to revenge the insulted honour of their gods. They sometimes forced their way into the courts of justice, and compelled the affrighted judge to give orders for their immediate execution. They frequently stopped travelers on the public highways, and obliged them to inflict the stroke of martyrdom, by the promise of reward if they consented, and by the threat of instant death if they refused to grant so singular a favour. When they were disappointed of every other resource, they announced the day on which, in the presence of their friends and brethren, they should cast themselves headlong from some lofty rock; and many precipices were shown which had acquired fame by the number of religious suicides.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#250706 Mar 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you decide to put words in my mouth.....no surprise there....
Try this on for enlightenment.

Defenders of marriage discrimination argue that their policy is justified by “tradition,” which is to say a long history of excluding gay people from participating in the marriage institution. 

But a “tradition” of discrimination is still discrimination, and the long-time assertion of an invalid interest based on animosity, fear, or ignorance does not make the interest more valid over time, especially as the people who are the objects of discrimination begin to demand equal rights for themselves and their families and debunk the stereotypes held against them.

Ironically, it was Justice Scalia who gave the game away by chastising Justice O’Connor for voting in Lawrence v. Texas to strike down anti-sodomy laws while signaling her view that “preserving the traditional institution of marriage” might  still be a legitimate state interest. 

Justice Scalia essentially faulted O’Connor for agreeing in Lawrence that people’s rights cannot be nullified just because other people disapprove of them. 

Scalia perceived that this is a fatal concession when it comes to marriage discrimination. 
He remarked sharply in his dissenting opinion that “’preserving the traditional institution of marriage’ is just a kinder way of describing the State’s moral disapproval of same-sex couples.”

How true an insight that is: if you can’t brand gay people as criminals without violating Equal Protection, you can’t deny them equal rights either.

But Justice Scalia advances the most sophisticated-seeming argument for basing constitutional rights on discriminatory social traditions. 

He argues that the meaning of “liberty” under  Fourteenth Amendment Due Process should be defined with reference to social traditions as they were embodied in state laws that prevailed at the time the  Fourteenth Amendment was passed (1868). 

Since no state actually permitted gay people to marry in 1868, there is no way that the Due Process right to liberty in intimate decision making or the right to equal treatment under Equal Protection could include the right of gay people to marry. 

Any expansion of Due Process liberty beyond the social traditions that existed when Due Process came into the Constitution is considered by conservatives like Scalia to be naked “judicial activism” and “judicial legislation.”

Whatever the surface appeal to this argument, Justice Scalia’s tradition-bound interpretation of liberty undermines the whole idea of constitutional freedom in the Bill of Rights. 

The rights we have inscribed in the Constitution are not there to codify and freeze repressive social traditions, like Jim Crow, sex discrimination or anti-gay laws, but to overthrow them. 
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#250707 Mar 26, 2013
Continued

Of course, when the Equal Protection Clause entered the Constitution in 1868, segregation was not only a pervasive policy in the states, but a policy commitment in Congress, which segregated the public schools in the District of Columbia and even the spectator galleries in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.  

Moreover, the Supreme Court in Brown had to reverse Plessy v. Ferguson, its own five-decade old precedent upholding the tradition-soaked legal regime of “separate but equal.” 

Plessy was a decision which—Scalia-style—upheld the “reasonableness” of a challenged practice under the Fourteenth Amendment because it successfully assimilated and codified the “customs, usages, and traditions of the people.” 

Thus, segregation of the train cars in Louisiana was deemed reasonable and constitutional precisely because it reproduced and reinforced the social traditions of racial apartheid in Louisiana. 

Under this circular theory, the practice of discrimination became its own justification. 

The Plessy Court further constitutionalized the tradition of Jim Crow, ruling that the practice of official racial segregation did not mark African-Americans as inferior. 

Such an interpretation existed “solely because the colored race chooses to put that construction on it.”

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#250708 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all because of the people involved.
An an all powerful and omnipresent 'god', who has a plan, and created all the people, not only allows it to happen, but planned it that way.

If god has a plan, there is no free will. If there is no plan, why would we need a god?

I don't buy your bullshit either, Ink.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#250709 Mar 26, 2013
*and*

Quesnel, Canada

#250710 Mar 26, 2013
A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on April 16, 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[61]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag ...

Quesnel, Canada

#250711 Mar 26, 2013
Here is how easy it is to fool people.

http://www.flixxy.com/michael-carbonaro-the-m...

Quesnel, Canada

#250712 Mar 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 13:6
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
In the old testament it states that Jehovah CREATED evil, so he must have loved evil.

Silly human-created dogmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2nd Circuit allows sex bias suit based on gay s... 5 min Wondering 7
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 7 min Wondering 126
News Mike Huckabee links same-sex marriage to straig... (Feb '11) 8 min Repeal Explosion 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min Terra Firma 46,410
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 32 min NE Jade 37
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 59 min Truth 25,300
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Truth 5,415
More from around the web