Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251519 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But now we know that the baby is well formed long before 90 days. We know it has a beating heart at 5 weeks. Isn't technology great?
If the Catholic theologians were inspired by god to write truth, how was it that the god led them astray and only science could find out that cellular life existed in the fetuses much earlier???

You won't get the picture because you don't want to.

You want to have trust and faith that those theologians were inspired by a god.

Silly woman!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251520 Apr 4, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true.
Genesis 1:26
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
But if a soul is a part of god, and a fetus is a part of god, and god created the universe... then everything must be a part of god... which still doesn't explain how humans are more special than any other creature or thing, or why abortion would be "tampering" but hunting a tiger would not ;)
Religion most often grasps for truth by depending on fantasy.

The two issues are not compatible.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251521 Apr 4, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice job, June. I wasn't willing to just accept that such charges really happened with any regularity. In the case of Laci Peterson, she was 7 & 1/2 months pregnant, which to me is quite different from 6 weeks. And her husband murdered her knowing full well that she was very pregnant. I found the question interesting though.
Thank you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251522 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most animals are a food source for other animals.
Humans are a food-source for other animals too.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Each year, hundreds of deadly attacks are attributed to the Nile crocodile in sub-Saharan Africa. On New Guinea, Borneo and the Solomon Islands attacks by saltwater crocodiles often occur. The mugger crocodile is also very dangerous to humans, killing many people in India every year. The American crocodile, while generally considered to be less aggressive, does occasionally kill humans and a handful of fatalities are reported and confirmed every year in Central America and southern Mexico. The black caiman is also responsible for several recorded human fatalities every year within the Amazon basin and the surrounding regions. The American alligator is responsible for human fatalities, with most occurring in Florida.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile_attack

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#251523 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But now we know that the baby is well formed long before 90 days. We know it has a beating heart at 5 weeks. Isn't technology great?
Then let technology carry and bear it. Women's uterus' don't belong to other people anymmore than their hearts do. They belong to THEM and the contents of their wombs are under their control. Want to lessen the instances of abortion? Stop thinking of pregnant women as brood mares and more like the people they ARE.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251524 Apr 4, 2013
The humans that pray for protection, become prey to other predators as often as not.

A man and women, heavy into the church where the wife was the organist were captured by criminal who tortured them for hours before covering them with soil in an open grave until they smothered to death.

Their service to the supposed god didn't pay any dividends on earth, so even if a god existed, it's doubtful that things would change in a supposed hereafter.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251525 Apr 4, 2013
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

While adult discourse about teenage sexuality consists chiefly of disquisitions on promiscuity, exploitation, and the epidemics of teenage pregnancy … teenagers are absorbed rather in such questions as why they loved/cared/liked … what happened, who hurt whom, and what they will do differently next time if there is one.

Sharon Thompson, Diary of a Conference on Sexuality.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251526 Apr 4, 2013
We are certainly not going to stop teenage pregnancy. So from my perspective, we must deal with it as it is, not as some believe it oughta be.

Do we want these girls to go to back-alley abortionists ... or to clinics where they have a far better chance at survival?

Our choices are as simple as that.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251527 Apr 4, 2013
Mark Dallagher was convicted of murdering an elderly woman in Huddersfield after the prosecution showed that ear prints on a newly washed window could only have been left by him as he listened for signs of movement inside the house.

The project has had input from the acknowledged world expert on ear prints, Cornelis Van Der Lugt of the Netherlands, who has been studying the subject for 12 years.

Alongside the work in the Netherlands, the UK scheme is leading the world in developing the technique which is winning support elsewhere in Europe and America.

Forensic toolbox

Mr Kennerley said: "It's never going to be like fingerprints or DNA, but it's another tool in the forensic toolbox.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/246...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251528 Apr 4, 2013
My guess is, if people were completely honest, and they had a child that could be saved by stem-cell research-findings, they would thank the "lord" for his blessings, and in turn, the saving of the fetuses would suddenly be a non-issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

In the case of embryonic stem cell research, it is impossible to respect both moral principles.To obtain embryonic stem cells, the early embryo has to be destroyed. This means destroying a potential human life. But embryonic stem cell research could lead to the discovery of new medical treatments that would alleviate the suffering of many people. So which moral principle should have the upper hand in this situation? The answer hinges on how we view the embryo. Does it have the status of a person?

http://www.eurostemcell.org/factsheet/embryon...

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251529 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In a drowning situation, I wouldn't expect that the average person would realisticly be able to go back and save the one left behind.
So for me first meant only. To have this clarified doesn't make your answer have any different meaning.
In a drowning situation, realistically, the average person is FIRST going to save the drowning victim most important to them. My dog is more important to me than some random person, regardless of whose kid they are, UNLESS IT'S MY OWN KID.

I think you'd find, realistically, that most people feel the same way - they're just not willing to tell you the truth about it.

I was.

If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, believe me: I couldn't possibly give less of a damn.

But that was a nice backpedal. I give it a 3.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251530 Apr 4, 2013
Even when I was in religion and believed that fetus-souls were linked to a god, I knew that to be honest with myself that if my child could survive by the termination of fetuses, there would be no question that the fetuses would have had to go.

So by admitting that issue to myself, I was able to allow that privilege for other parents as well as for myself.

I believe it pays to be honest about one's own selfishness.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251531 Apr 4, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'd find, realistically, that most people feel the same way - they're just not willing to tell you the truth about it.
I agree.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251532 Apr 4, 2013
One just has to study how many husbands and wives plot to kill their partners for one reason or another, and it will bring to light human nature on a grand scale.

Large insurance-policies are high on the list of reasons to kill. A new flame is another reason to get rid of a spouse that has become boring and downright irritating.

Non-human animals are cruel by nature, but they don't even come close to comparing on a scale from one to ten in the ranks of cunning brutal behavior committed by humans.

From my perspective, no devil makes humans that way. It's human nature that is the driving force of pure selfishness.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251533 Apr 4, 2013
What non-human animal on earth kills its own mate???

None of which I am aware.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251534 Apr 4, 2013
Yes, there is the preying mantis, but nature made it that way. It's for certain no devil is driving it to kill a male that comes its way.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251535 Apr 4, 2013
And maybe humans are also beasts of prey, and that is why we have eyes on the fronts of our heads.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251536 Apr 4, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'd find, realistically, that most people feel the same way - they're just not willing to tell you the truth about it.
Some people hate even their own kids if those kids get between them and something they want bad enough.

Susan Smith and Dianne Downs come to mind, and they are just a few on a long list who deemed their kids to be dispensable.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#251537 Apr 4, 2013
all nine of Marybeth Tinning's children died suddenly and usually without any rational explanation.

And no one knew why.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251538 Apr 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
all nine of Marybeth Tinning's children died suddenly and usually without any rational explanation.
And no one knew why.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...
I can't pin this one on chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 31 min Wondering 53
Can't get no satisfaction 5 hr Master sir 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr Casey 14,065
News Rikki Beadle-Blair MBE is the recipient of the ... 7 hr Trump Plotza 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr June VanDerMark 57,913
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 13 hr Rose_NoHo 180
News San Jose: Lawsuit filed against police over und... 14 hr Trump Plotza 18
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 17 hr Frankie Rizzo 29
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 19 hr look out below 26,365
More from around the web