Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#248179 Feb 14, 2013
The first ancient guru to claim that human activity offended the gods was indeed a smart cookie.

As he spouted his "theology" concerning that the gods were "feeling" deeply offended ... through terrorizing fear instilled in others, he no doubt gained immediate control of the situation.

Dumb like a fox.

Delta, Canada

#248180 Feb 14, 2013
The popes and most other theologians feigned and still feign humility by insinuating that they didn't personally receive the messages from "god," but that men of ancient wisdom most certainly did receive such messages.

And then they add that the theologians thereafter (in their wisdom) were just repeating the messages of the sages of old.

Hairy ape-like men painting pictures on the walls of caves and using crude symbols to express their limited thoughts of their surroundings ... equated to sages of wisdom???

How handy it was and is for theologians to bank on such nonsense ... especially as they never did and still don't even come close to seeing eye to eye on the interpretations.

Delta, Canada

#248181 Feb 14, 2013
I wonder how long the pope, a rabbi, an imam and the dalai lama, etc., would see eye to eye if put on a stage to converse openly about their knowledge concerning religion.

People in the audience might click their tongues in dismay at how the big-boy right-fighters simply won't play nice when it pertains to theology.

Delta, Canada

#248182 Feb 14, 2013
In Japan, horse-meat is known as "Basashi."

I had horses of which I was very fond, and I'm at the moment not starving, so I don't eat horse-meat.

Now that I know the meaning of the word Basashi, I can choose to be offended ... or not.

As do all others ... I bring my own meanings to words.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248183 Feb 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In Japan, horse-meat is known as "Basashi."
I had horses of which I was very fond, and I'm at the moment not starving, so I don't eat horse-meat.
Now that I know the meaning of the word Basashi, I can choose to be offended ... or not.
As do all others ... I bring my own meanings to words.
'Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Candy is sweet.
But,not as sweet as you.

#Blush#

Delta, Canada

#248184 Feb 14, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
'Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Candy is sweet.
But,not as sweet as you.
#Blush#
You don't fool me Jumper. You're blushing because you plagiarized somebody's poetry simply by changing a word here and there to suit yourself.

That's about as low as it gets.

:)

Delta, Canada

#248185 Feb 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
This is the type of ridiculous religious-oriented nonsense that results in some who are gay feeling inadequate as worthy humans and in turn prone to commit suicide.
I hope for a day when people will perceive those who are gay as normal ... just as they are so eager to perceive their self-righteous selves as normal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XL7qTfXnm8UXX
From my perspective, to make up detrimental songs about homosexuality, is on par with making a joke about black slaves having no souls ... and we all know how that would go over in today's society.

I don't believe the song should be banned ... but the more people that voice their opinions about it being offensive, the less it will be perceived as "funny."

Delta, Canada

#248186 Feb 14, 2013
Democracy of course was inefficient, so it ought to be. Efficiency is an unnatural strain, like Sunday School, or company manners. Democracy was more or less crooked: so is humanity; so are you.

Stephen Leacock, humorist

Delta, Canada

#248187 Feb 14, 2013
Death

The dead are lonely./ Only the living / know how lonely / the dead can be.

Final verse of George Whalley’s poem “Fragment”(1946), The Collected Poems of George Whalley (1986), edited by George Johnson.

Delta, Canada

#248189 Feb 14, 2013
Christianity if very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248190 Feb 14, 2013
"Take a number."

'My trip to Heaven' A ture upstairs.by Goober Pyle(1967)

Delta, Canada

#248191 Feb 14, 2013
Birth

The first human statement is a scream.

Robin Skelton, poet and aphorist

Delta, Canada

#248192 Feb 14, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
"Take a number."
'My trip to Heaven' A ture upstairs.by Goober Pyle(1967)
:)

Delta, Canada

#248193 Feb 14, 2013
Any careful reader of the Bible realizes that often, stones speak louder than words.

Donald Harman

Delta, Canada

#248194 Feb 14, 2013
Journey with No Maps

The Life of P.K. Page

Quotation from pg. 165 Chapter 13, Victoria, Transformations, 1980 - 1989

-During the last half of the decade, P.K. was increasingly reflecting upon the larger questions of man's relation to nature. In early January 1985 she had begun to watch a TV series featuring David Suzuki, entitled A Planet for the Taking. The first episode questioned man's colonizing attitude to nature and discussed Darwinism with the paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey. In response to Suzuki's question about when man separated from the apes, Leakey responded, "In my view, it hasn't happened. We are apes. The similarities are so great." When describing the program to Florence Bird, P.K. repeated Leakey's comment: "We are still apes."
auxlax

Monessen, PA

#248195 Feb 15, 2013

Church arent doing a thing powerless

Quesnel, Canada

#248197 Feb 15, 2013
Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Aglaonice (ag la o ni si) the Thessalian, being able to calculate eclipses, claimed power over the MOON and to be able to draw it from HEAVEN. Her vaunting became a laughing-stock and gave rise to the Greek proverb cast at braggarts,“Yes, as the Moon obeys Aglaonice.”

Quesnel, Canada

#248198 Feb 15, 2013
AHHHH ... those were the days.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Ale-dagger. A dagger used in self-defense in ale-house brawls.

He that drinkes with cutters must not be without his ale-dagger.

Quesnel, Canada

#248199 Feb 15, 2013
How would all of those theologians have earned their livelihoods had they not had words on which to "bank?"

The clergy and other royals traveled in the same circles, often at odds over who held the highest offices in the lands, and at other times buttering each other up in hopes of protecting their own kingdoms.
>>>>>>> >>

Alexandrian Codex. A Greek MS. of the Scriptures, probably of the 5th century, written in UNCIALS on parchment, and supposed to have originated at Alexandria. It was presented to Charles I in 1628 by the PATRIARCH of Constantinople, and was placed in the BRITISH MUSEUM on its foundation.

Quesnel, Canada

#248200 Feb 15, 2013
Often by using religion, Shakespeare also earned his keep.
>>>>>>> >>>

Amaimon (a mi I mon). A DEVIL, king of the Eastern portion of HELL in mediaeval demonology. He might be bound or restrained from doing hurt from the third hour till noon, and from the ninth hour till evening. ASMODEUS is his chief officer. See BARBARSON. LUCIFER.

Amaimon sounds well; Lucifer well; Barbason well; yet they are devils’ additions, the names of friends.

Shakespeare: Merry Wives of Windsor, II, ii.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Terra Firma 12,894
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 13 min Mite Be 485
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 18 min Well 832
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 20 min Mite Be 1,657
God is Angry with the Homosexuals!!! 24 min Mnmboi 1
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 25 min GodSmacked 26,274
UPDATE: BIG 4th of JULY PARTY 25 min GodSmacked 25
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 36 min TomInElPaso 37,186
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 55 min Rainbow Kid 32
More from around the web