Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 215229 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#252998 Jul 16, 2013
Thomas Aquinas (the supposed GREAT Catholic theologian) picked up on the words of the Greek philosopher Aristotle.

Christian theologians didn't take their supposed "inspiration" from a god. As did all others in the (warring with each other religions) they simply followed the desired words to which they clung that were in earlier times taught by other men.

At the following time in history Catholics believed that not until the "quickening" which was approximately 16 1/2 weeks into pregnancy did they "soul" enter the "baby."

Now, if a god was inspiring them then, why did "he" later change his MIND?

Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Thomas Aquinas reiterated Aristotle's views of successive souls: vegetative, animal, and rational. This would be the Catholic Church's position until 1869, when the limitation of automatic excommunication to abortion of a formed fetus was removed, a change that has been interpreted as an implicit declaration that conception was the moment of ensoulment.[8] Consequently, in the Middle Ages, a less severe penance was imposed for the sin of abortion "before [the foetus] has life".[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chri...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#252999 Jul 16, 2013
Humans in many religions can kill and eat non-human animals for food without one bit of guilt affecting conscience. That is because they believe that non-human animals don't have souls or spirits that attach to a god or gods.

Cannibals that killed other humans were taught that to not eat the meat was a waste of food.

Whatever we learn is what we believe ... until our beliefs change to other beliefs.

Evil or holy are simply matters of opinions and the beliefs are only of value to those who value the beliefs.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#253000 Jul 16, 2013
Another day of the RCC stealing the keys of knowledge:

www.cwrc-rz.org

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253001 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Back when I was under the spell of religion I also believed that abortion was murder. But that was because I was taught that to abort a "baby" was ending a god's purpose on earth FOR that baby as he/she grew to be an adult.
Now I realize that the theologians on which I depended for "truth" simply wanted more upcoming adults to follow the teachings in their own Christian cults. Had they placed value on all human life they wouldn't have taught that some humans were evil "simply" for not belonging to the Christian religion.
Speaking of murder and "god's purpose," I'm very disappointed that George Zimmerman is getting off scot free for killing Trayvon Martin. When Sean Hannity asked him if he regretted anything he did or would do anything differently, he said no... and that it was god's plan. It must absolutely infuriate Trayvon's family to hear his killer say this happened because god wanted it to. Makes me wanna puke.

The message this sends, especially to young black men and teens, is that you don't have to be doing anything wrong and someone can stalk you and shoot you dead without any legal consequences. Ridiculous.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253002 Jul 16, 2013
And while I'm still fuming about George Zimmerman... you may have heard of another case in Florida. A woman (who happens to be black) who was abused by her husband who legally possessed a gun, fired a warning shot into the air, harming no one... she was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Florida law is INSANE.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#253003 Jul 16, 2013
Tre H wrote:
And while I'm still fuming about George Zimmerman... you may have heard of another case in Florida. A woman (who happens to be black) who was abused by her husband who legally possessed a gun, fired a warning shot into the air, harming no one... she was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Florida law is INSANE.
yes it is. I'm ashamed of the state I live in

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#253004 Jul 17, 2013
Tre H wrote:
Not only that, but her husband testified that he was, indeed, going to harm her, that she never pointed the gun right at him, and that even HE thinks she did what she had to do to keep from getting hurt. How COULD they send her to jail at all, nevermind 20 years?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253005 Jul 17, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of murder and "god's purpose," I'm very disappointed that George Zimmerman is getting off scot free for killing Trayvon Martin. When Sean Hannity asked him if he regretted anything he did or would do anything differently, he said no... and that it was god's plan. It must absolutely infuriate Trayvon's family to hear his killer say this happened because god wanted it to. Makes me wanna puke.
The message this sends, especially to young black men and teens, is that you don't have to be doing anything wrong and someone can stalk you and shoot you dead without any legal consequences. Ridiculous.
I had this discussion with another man (white) yesterday who was also furious that George Zimmerman got away with murder. My response was that unless we were on the jury and heard all the data put to us, we wouldn't know why the jury stated he was innocent of murder.

Juries in this era are not the same as the juries in the early 1900s, when those who were black didn't have a hope of winning court cases no-how.

But I suggest that now to judge a jury to not be fair "from their perspectives" is to be unfair to all members of juries.

I haven't a clue what data was put before them, so I won't judge members of the jury as being partial to George Zimmerman simply because the man he killed was black.

I believe there is more to the story than that of which we are aware.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253006 Jul 17, 2013
And I don't believe that George Zimmerman's "testimony" about a god wanting him to kill would sway the jury to his side of the issue whatsoever.

Even heavy duty Christians should be able to comprehend that a god wouldn't ordain killing as a loving pastime.

But who knows what those in religion "think" a god wants them to believe of do? As history proves, many of them were nuttier than fruitcakes, and from my perception, nothing has changed.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#253007 Jul 17, 2013
I just came home from visiting my younger brother who is 57 yrs.old. His oldest child, his only son is 32 yrs.old.

I found out today my brother is still ashamed of his gay son after all these years.

I wish he could talk about it but he rather pretend his son is not gay.

This is so sad.

Svaha

Tampa, FL

#253008 Jul 17, 2013
Estelle wrote:
I just came home from visiting my younger brother who is 57 yrs.old. His oldest child, his only son is 32 yrs.old.
I found out today my brother is still ashamed of his gay son after all these years.
This is so sad.
It is sad. For both of them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253009 Jul 17, 2013
Estelle wrote:
This is so sad.
Religion taught him that a god was offended by homosexuals having sexual relationships.

Religion is the root of that problem.

Location hidden

#253011 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion taught him that a god was offended by homosexuals having sexual relationships.
Religion is the root of that problem.
My brother has 3 children. The son who is 32, a daughter 29 and the youngest daughter is 26 yrs.old.

My nephew jokingly tells my son..'we are some kind of dysfunctional Catholic family. I'm gay, my sister can't decide if she is a lesbian or bi-sexual and my younger sister is having a kid and she is not even married.'(another child is due early in the new year)

While we were alone, I thought it would be a good time to share with my brother a short story about this woman I know.

This lady I know from Church asked me how my son was doing, she knew he is gay. She said she has 2 gay sons one is in a long term relationship while the other son was gay bashed not once but twice. Once they stole his watch, wallet and jacket, but she asked me why would they beat him. My story was cut short.

My brother didn't even ask how this poor lady's son was doing.
All he wanted to know was what was the lady's name and it was none of her business to talk about that stuff to me.

I knew then he wasn't thinking rationally. I thought sharing this story would give my brother an opening to open up to me so we can freely talk about our gay kids.

Does he fear for his children safety or does he feel helpless about what to do or does he just wish they were not gay?

I'll have to face the fact that he may never change and that is very sad because we could help each other or maybe it's me that wants to help him. I can see the pain in his face. Nevertheless, he has that free will not to talk about it. I cannot make him talk and I do need to respect his wishes.

By the way, he likes to talk about sports big time and what is happening in town. All of the sudden Pope Francis is the best thing that is happening for the Catholic Church.

I wonder what my brother will say when he finds out I left the Catholic Church last October.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253013 Jul 18, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother has 3 children. The son who is 32, a daughter 29 and the youngest daughter is 26 yrs.old.
My nephew jokingly tells my son..'we are some kind of dysfunctional Catholic family. I'm gay, my sister can't decide if she is a lesbian or bi-sexual and my younger sister is having a kid and she is not even married.'(another child is due early in the new year)
While we were alone, I thought it would be a good time to share with my brother a short story about this woman I know.
This lady I know from Church asked me how my son was doing, she knew he is gay. She said she has 2 gay sons one is in a long term relationship while the other son was gay bashed not once but twice. Once they stole his watch, wallet and jacket, but she asked me why would they beat him. My story was cut short.
My brother didn't even ask how this poor lady's son was doing.
All he wanted to know was what was the lady's name and it was none of her business to talk about that stuff to me.
I knew then he wasn't thinking rationally. I thought sharing this story would give my brother an opening to open up to me so we can freely talk about our gay kids.
Does he fear for his children safety or does he feel helpless about what to do or does he just wish they were not gay?
I'll have to face the fact that he may never change and that is very sad because we could help each other or maybe it's me that wants to help him. I can see the pain in his face. Nevertheless, he has that free will not to talk about it. I cannot make him talk and I do need to respect his wishes.
By the way, he likes to talk about sports big time and what is happening in town. All of the sudden Pope Francis is the best thing that is happening for the Catholic Church.
I wonder what my brother will say when he finds out I left the Catholic Church last October.
Thanks for sharing Estelle.

Some people believe we have free will, but that doesn't take into consideration that how we were conditioned to believe often pushes us, rather than us doing the leading.

If there was no religion to teach that homosexuals having consensual sex offended a god ... people would not believe that it was true, and homosexuals would not have been tortured and put to death by those in religion.

Free will might seem a matter of choice ... but that is an example of religious indoctrination making the choices for the believers.

From my perspective, religion is NOT good.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253014 Jul 18, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
and my younger sister is having a kid and she is not even married.'(another child is due early in the new year)
Fortunately we live in an era where the teaching by religion that children born out of wedlock are "illegitimate" no longer has an power in our society.

Some people of religion that believe a god is offended by human activities, have a will to see Satan's evil everywhere but in their selves.

From my perception religion feeds a need in those people to feel that they are superior to others, and they have a "deep" need to believe that a god agrees with them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253015 Jul 18, 2013
YES to equality for those who are homosexual.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Gay marriage bill clears Parliament

A bill legalising same-sex marriage in England and Wales has cleared Parliament and is ready to become law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/house-of-c...

Location hidden

#253016 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately we live in an era where the teaching by religion that children born out of wedlock are "illegitimate" no longer has an power in our society.
Some people of religion that believe a god is offended by human activities, have a will to see Satan's evil everywhere but in their selves.
From my perception religion feeds a need in those people to feel that they are superior to others, and they have a "deep" need to believe that a god agrees with them.
Society views has changed about a child born out of wedlock. That's a good thing.

My(gay)nephew got a call one day that his parents wanted to see him. It was sort of emergency meeting.(he was told nobody died or was dying)

He assumed his parents were finally going to talk to him openly and discuss about him being gay.

It was not about him being gay but it was about his younger sister who has the little child.

They told him the father of the child who lives with his sister went on some drinking spree and demolished their kitchen and the little guy 2 yrs.old witnessed it all.

Of course, my nephew was shock about what had happened. They told him his sister and the child are alright now. The other news he got was that his sister is engage and she going to have another baby.

He then realize this incident happened quite a while ago. My nephew told my son the only reason his parents told him is because the name of his sister's partner (case) was written up in the court news in the newspaper. He believes his parents wanted to keep it a secret but the news got out so they wanted their son to hear from them before somebody else told him.

June, he was so disappointed that it took his parents so long to tell him. He would had like to know and be there to support his sister.

Remember all that time he spoke to his mom or dad on the phone to see how things are going, they lied to him or kept him in the dark by saying everything was great.

Now can you somewhat understand why my nephew feels so left out.

His other sister works in another country and she doesn't visit often.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#253017 Jul 18, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Society views has changed about a child born out of wedlock. That's a good thing.
My(gay)nephew got a call one day that his parents wanted to see him. It was sort of emergency meeting.(he was told nobody died or was dying)
He assumed his parents were finally going to talk to him openly and discuss about him being gay.
It was not about him being gay but it was about his younger sister who has the little child.
They told him the father of the child who lives with his sister went on some drinking spree and demolished their kitchen and the little guy 2 yrs.old witnessed it all.
Of course, my nephew was shock about what had happened. They told him his sister and the child are alright now. The other news he got was that his sister is engage and she going to have another baby.
He then realize this incident happened quite a while ago. My nephew told my son the only reason his parents told him is because the name of his sister's partner (case) was written up in the court news in the newspaper. He believes his parents wanted to keep it a secret but the news got out so they wanted their son to hear from them before somebody else told him.
June, he was so disappointed that it took his parents so long to tell him. He would had like to know and be there to support his sister.
Remember all that time he spoke to his mom or dad on the phone to see how things are going, they lied to him or kept him in the dark by saying everything was great.
Now can you somewhat understand why my nephew feels so left out.
His other sister works in another country and she doesn't visit often.
Those who are the closest blood relatives are not always the closest buddies.

Concerning emotional baggage families are often very complex.

I think it's healthy to keep some distance from family. Give them space and encourage them to reciprocate. But that is just my perception.

I've informed my family and friends as of last week, no matter who dies I am not going to another funeral. I let it be known that I don't believe in funerals, am not going to have one, and that it is my choice.

That way when someone dies, all people know it's nothing personal that I didn't show up at that funeral when I did show up at another funeral.

Fair is fair, and the ones with which I conversed agree that regarding that issue, I have a right to that choice.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253018 Jul 18, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is. I'm ashamed of the state I live in
Well, I'm not ashamed of Wisconsin, but I'm not proud of Scott Walker or Paul Ryan and a few others. Walker is doing a lot of the same sleazy crap that other republican governors around the country are. Loosening rather than tightening gun laws, more restrictions on abortion that result in Planned Parenthood clinics closing, messing with workers rights and unions, imposing bogus voting restrictions, messing with public education and college tuition and grants. Scott Walker and Rick Scott are like peas in a pod.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253019 Jul 18, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that, but her husband testified that he was, indeed, going to harm her, that she never pointed the gun right at him, and that even HE thinks she did what she had to do to keep from getting hurt. How COULD they send her to jail at all, nevermind 20 years?
It's so ridiculous it makes me want to scream. I also heard the jury in her case deliberated only minutes before convicting her.

I woke up today thinking about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. It's just terrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 52 min Wondering 62,880
News Your guide to celebrating Pride this summer in OKC 2 hr Latter Day Saint 4
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 4 hr Messenger of Love 237
News Methodists consider rules about same sex marria... 5 hr Messenger of Love 7
News US top court rules for baker in gay wedding cak... 5 hr Straight Shooter 622
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 6 hr Straight Shooter 28,158
News An Unlikely Activist Finds His Calling 8 hr Christshariahns 2
News Smiling Tennessee hardware store owner puts 'No... 10 hr JimBob 78