Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216673 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251472 Apr 4, 2013
When I look back at how I used to believe that a god placed his spirit in women's fetuses at conception, I laugh at my own stupidity.

But how was I to know before I studied, that men changed those rules many times over during the centuries they reigned with their religious nonsense continually being taught as truth?

Some stated that the spirit came into the "baby" after the quickening ... 16 1/2 weeks into gestation, and others stated the spirit came in to the "baby" at conception.

It was all simply blather from theologians that didn't have a clue even if a spirit did or did not ever enter the fetuses.

Until I studied history and realized that the theologians didn't agree and to boot were filled with hatred of each other ... they sure had me fooled.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251473 Apr 4, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"We could play this game all day"
We could, but it would be pointless. You have made your position quite clear, you care more about dogs than you do about human lives unless they are "yours".
Hitler and your dog are drowning - which one do you save??

AT ALL???

(Remember, Sue - even Hitler had a mom....)

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#251474 Apr 4, 2013
The Hindus at least believed that the spirit of the gods entered other animals beside human animals. But the Abrahamic religions preach that humans are "special" to the one god, on which each group believes is THEIR one and only god. And each group leaves all other forms of life out of the pie in the sky picture.

What a pile of steaming manure!

Quesnel, Canada

#251475 Apr 4, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler and your dog are drowning - which one do you save??
AT ALL???

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251476 Apr 4, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are murderers and rapists that place more value on human life than you do.
You'd place more value on murderers and rapists than on your dog, just because their species matches your own.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

Quesnel, Canada

#251477 Apr 4, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler and your dog are drowning - which one do you save??
AT ALL???
As it's an open forum, I'll respond.

My guess is, dog or no dog, most people would have wanted Hitler to be tortured and then put to death.

I would have wanted him incarcerated and treated well, giving him lots of time to think about what he had done. To want harm in any way to come to him would make me of the same nature as his, and how could I in good conscience condemn his nature when I was of the same nature?

To do better is the aim ... is it not?

Quesnel, Canada

#251478 Apr 4, 2013
The popes were far more brutal than Hitler.

During the Middle Ages they tortured those labeled as witches and heretics for days on end until the people confessed to anything the Inquisitors wanted to hear.

They pulled tongues out of people ... stretched them on the racks, burned them at the stake, drowned them, etc., etc.... and they didn't do it in the name of science as did Hitler. They did it in the name of religion.

Hitler was a mean S.O.B.... but he learned how to be mean from his Catholic teachers.

Quesnel, Canada

#251479 Apr 4, 2013
“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

Quesnel, Canada

#251480 Apr 4, 2013
Mein Kampf … Adolf Hitler … Published 1939.

Pg. 146 down

We possess Authentic records of Chancellor Hitler's private views of the religious situation. One of these may be cited in part:'Hitler said concerning Catholic opposition, especially in Bavaria, that its fomentors were wasting their time. They might as well stop pipe-dreaming. He would not follow the example of Bismark. He was a Catholic. Providence had arranged that. Bismarck had failed because he had been a Protestant - and Protestants have no conception of what the Catholic Church is. The important thing was to sense what people felt in religious matters and what endeared the Church to them. If the clerical caste would not disappear voluntarily, he would direct propaganda against the Church until people would be unable to hide their disgust when the word 'Church' was mentioned. Why, it was necessary only to make Church history popular. He would have films made. Looking at them the German people would see how the clergy had exploited them, lived off them. How they had sucked the money out of the country. How they had worked hand in glove with the Jews, how they had practiced immoral vice, how they had spread lies. These films would be so interesting that everybody would itch to see them. He would make the clergy ridiculous. He would expose all the tangled mass of corruption, selfishness and deceit of which they had been guilty. Let the bourgeoisie tear its hair. He would have the youth and the people on his side. He would guarantee that if he set his mind to it, he could destroy the Church in a few years. The whole institution was just a hollow shell. One good kick, and it would tumble together in a heap.'

Quesnel, Canada

#251481 Apr 4, 2013
“Any violence which does not spring from a spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain. It lacks the stability which can only rest in
a fanatical outlook.”

[Adolph Hitler,_Mein Kampf_, p. 171]

Quesnel, Canada

#251482 Apr 4, 2013
The ex-Jew Catholics from day one of starting their new religion preached hatered against the faithful Jews.

Hitler was a product of that teaching and he took it from his Catholic teachers who called the Jews "Christ-killers."

If people would use reason, they would see that faithful Jews would never have killed the leader of the Jews. The break-away Jews called Catholics simply made up that story to start their new religion.

Quesnel, Canada

#251484 Apr 4, 2013
The theologians of these religions always believed they would be on the "heavenly" side of what they termed was "the balance."

Greed was and is the name of the religious game in the idea ... "I'm at the top rung of the holy ladder, and you are at the down end of the ladder where all the evil ones dwell.

Note the word reward concerning evil. They didn't use the term "punishment." They might have thought that word to be too offensive to their "sensitivities." Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Balance, The.

According to Persian mythology, at the LAST DAY there will be a huge balance as big as the vault of HEAVEN. The two scale pans will be called that of light and that of darkness. In the former all good will be placed, in the latter all evil; and everyone will be rewarded according to the verdict of the balance.

Quesnel, Canada

#251485 Apr 4, 2013
In my language bale meant such as, "a bale of hay, but it never meant "evil."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Bale. When bale is nighest, boot is highest.

Bale means “evil,” boot is the M.E. bote, relief,
remedy, good.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

bale

/b&#257;l/

Noun

1.A bundle of paper, hay, cotton, etc., tightly wrapped and bound with cords or hoops.

2.Evil considered as a destructive force.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&gs_rn=8&g...

Quesnel, Canada

#251486 Apr 4, 2013
With the blood-soaked history of religion, if a creator is going to reward such human activities, said creator deserves to be shot.

But as I don't believe in a creator, much less one that rewards and punishes, that lets me off the hook of feeling a need to worship such stupidity.

There has to be a better explanation ... maybe just around the next corner ... or the next ... or the next ... or the next ... or maybe not.

One thing is certain, and that is, I won't settle for what I was taught in my childhood by people who knew no better than to repeat what they were certain was based on truth. Not a chance.

Quesnel, Canada

#251487 Apr 4, 2013
Back when I was still under the spell of religion, while conversing with another woman, I suggested that it made no sense to me that a god would send his son to earth to be murdered in order to show humans the meaning of love.

She agreed and answered, "There has to be a better explanation."

That simple sentence encouraged me to continue on my beaten path of studying religion from inside and outside of the man-created supposed holy books.

Now I believe there has to be a better explanation than religion ... period.

Quesnel, Canada

#251488 Apr 4, 2013
Some people want to believe that non-human animals worship gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

What evidence is there that non-human animals have religious beliefs?

For example, humpback whales gather to sing and often copy & adapt tunes from other humpback whales. It was once thought this was to attract a mate but no evidence has been found to support this explanation. Could they be singing hymns to their God / Gods? It seems just as good an explanation as any.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Quesnel, Canada

#251489 Apr 4, 2013
I wonder if Hitler said any prayers begging for forgiveness before he committed suicide ... or if from his perspective he felt he had served his Catholic image of a god well by killing so many "Christ-killers", and other evil offenders of the "god?"

Tunnel-vision is tricky, and delusion is common practise concerning humans.

I read about one Catholic who was very concerned just before he died that he might not have killed enough heretics to please "god."

Quesnel, Canada

#251490 Apr 4, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Repentance

And we have an equally well authenticated case of an Indian of the Choctaw tribe, who had been taught to believe from early life that the white man was his natural enemy, and that it was his right and duty to kill him, repenting on his death-bed for having a short time previously neglected, when the opportunity presented, to dispatch a “pale face” he met in his travels. Instead of killing him, he yielded for the moment to the impulse of his better feelings, and passed him by. But on reviewing his past life at the approach of death, he came to the conclusion he had sinned in omitting to kill this man, and he grieved and lamented sorely over this dereliction of apprehended duty. Here we have a case of repentance sanctioning murder. Must we, therefore, conclude that murder is morally right, or a righteous act? Certainly, according to orthodox logic.

Quesnel, Canada

#251491 Apr 4, 2013
Sometimes it's as though the mind has a mind of its own.

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Repentance

On the contrary we have a well-authenticated instance of a Mahomedan (a Mr. Merton) who had embraced Christianity, and lived the life of a Christian for many years, renouncing it all, and returning to his primitive faith, when he was taken sick and became apprehensive he was going to die: his early religious impressions, returning involuntarily, wiped out his Christianity, and he died glorying in Mahomedanism.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251492 Apr 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Sometimes it's as though the mind has a mind of its own.
Repentance
On the contrary we have a well-authenticated instance of a Mahomedan (a Mr. Merton) who had embraced Christianity, and lived the life of a Christian for many years, renouncing it all, and returning to his primitive faith, when he was taken sick and became apprehensive he was going to die: his early religious impressions, returning involuntarily, wiped out his Christianity, and he died glorying in Mahomedanism.
Ah...the boys of summer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 8 min hardscrabble 362
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 10 min Frankie Rizzo 165
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 23 min Frankie Rizzo 49,183
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 25,591
Jade's Stink Ass Gay Cafe 2 hr Hugely Hung Hetero 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr hardscrabble 5,939
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 4 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 13
News More 4 hr Little Cheerleader 15
More from around the web