Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
211,901 - 211,920 of 219,425 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#247211 Jan 26, 2013
Jumper wrote:
'Jumper The Wise'
I like that!
I suggest that you go over to other threads with your spiffy new "Jumper the Wise" avatar, and take all the insults that you so well deserve.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#247212 Jan 26, 2013
George Carlin ... pro-life is anti-woman

lol june

United States

#247213 Jan 27, 2013
LOL june. You sounded smart until you said God doesn't put his or her spirit into other creatures, and they don't matter as much.

How do you know that? You don't. Just because you like to eat meat doesn't mean all life isn't precious.

It's still a sin.

Prince George, Canada

#247214 Jan 27, 2013
lol june wrote:
LOL june. You sounded smart until you said God doesn't put his or her spirit into other creatures, and they don't matter as much.
How do you know that? You don't. Just because you like to eat meat doesn't mean all life isn't precious.
It's still a sin.
If you believe that a god purposely puts his spirit into all forms of life, as according to (some) religious dogma occurs in humans at conception, then he must also value his "spirit" in the other animals equally as much as in humans, so that means that humans are not at all "special."

God must cry his invisible eyes out from hurt when any of his beloved creatures that carry his beloved spirit (that he values to such a high degree) are put to death.

The next time you swat a fly, or step on a bug in your home, or kill a cockroach, or a mouse in your house ... I suggest that you think of how much it offends your "god" that his spirit he placed in his little ones was thwarted by the actions of humans.

I doubt that it's possible to create religious dogmas with more stupidity than has already occurred ... but then it seems that humans will go to most any lengths to satiate lusts that yearn to be fed on nothing BUT stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#247215 Jan 27, 2013
Here is an example of blather that many humans are eager to believe has merit.

I especially find the part about "winning arguments and enemies being subdued" to be of special interest to my yearning for a positive attitude. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Daily Horoscope for January 27

Aquarius

Today's Full Moon in your seventh house is a very favorable for the Water Bearer. You are likely win arguments with your partners and even enemies will be subdued. Expect to be successful in your work, which will see a lot of appreciation. It's a very good day to make new deals or buy something important. You will be brimming with confidence and the urge to accept responsibilities.

Prince George, Canada

#247216 Jan 27, 2013
Because the other animals aren't capable of breaking any of the god's commandments, they won't BE punished in a hereafter.

Only humans were given free will, so that when they didn't and don't follow what is "moral" in the hereafter ... humans WILL be punished.

But don't forget ... humans are SPECIAL to the god!

Stupid blather!!!

Prince George, Canada

#247218 Jan 27, 2013
Scams abound!

According to his own admittance the author of the book "Mind Power" was very poor when he started writing and speaking about the importance of picturing success. Because people came to his "seminars" and bought his books about "HOW TO succeed" ... he became very wealthy off of "THEIR" eagerness to read and hear his words.

Those who wrote and sold supposed "holy books" were equally as cunning at creating big business simply out of the selling of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Mind Power … John Kehoe

When I gave my first public lecture, because I had very little money I was staying in a third-class hotel. I was embarrassed about this and made sure no one saw me leave or enter.

Prince George, Canada

#247219 Jan 27, 2013
People KNOW that Oprah Winfrey has the big bucks. So when she preaches about how to succeed, she is credible.

But John Kehoe managed to slip under the radar of his listeners.

I would have asked him at his first seminar about how he had succeeded to bring in the big bucks ... what he owned in order to prove that his positive thinking had worked for him. He either would have had to lie, as do the theologians, or he would have had no credibility to his name.

A person that is poor of money and all the things money can buy, has no right to give the impression that he has already succeeded ... which is exactly what John Kehoe managed to pull off on his listeners and readers.

As the old saying goes, he was "poor as a church mouse" ... yet his selling of nothing but words, made him a wealthy man.

Prince George, Canada

#247220 Jan 27, 2013
That men such as the pope, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Billy Graham and all the other wealthy men, and now women "of the cloth" have succeeded to pull the wool over their followers using nothing but words that assure bliss in a hereafter ... suggests the gullibility of humans.

These followers of words want SO much to see their departed loved-ones in a state of bliss in a hereafter ... or even in a state of burning in hell in the hereafter ... "as long as THEY are saved from the wrath of the "god" ... they will fall for the line that these theologians tell the truth and nothing BUT the truth.

Maybe we do get what we deserve. When we crave to hear and read lies, and we get lies ... who has a right to complain?

Prince George, Canada

#247221 Jan 27, 2013
The selling of words was and is big business.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/...

Prince George, Canada

#247222 Jan 27, 2013
Printing that word HOLY on the cover of those bibles was master-minded by cunning operators in deed.

"I want to learn how to be HOLY," said the follower to the theologian. "Please show me the way."

And the theologian gave the followers the words they so DESIRED to hear, in return for the 10% tithe.

This man gets much MORE than the 10% tithe from his followers.

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?... I prefer his lies."

Here he is in person …

Prince George, Canada

#247223 Jan 27, 2013
John's success didn't stem from the "universe." It stemmed from his first con of giving the impression to his listeners and readers that he had "already" succeeded, when in fact he was dirt poor.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Mind Power … John Kehoe

It was a party I was giving to celebrate my five-year anniversary of teaching “Thought Dynamics.” I was in Sydney, Australia, on a world tour, and I was staying in the presidential suite at the Sheraton Hotel. It was a lavish suite—the living room was almost the size of the lobby. A huge glass wall ran from floor to ceiling across the entire suite and below me all Sydney lay at my feet: the opera house, the harbor, the sparkling city lights. It was a majestic sight.

I was entertaining my guests when I remember thinking,“What a change of fortune.” I excused myself for a moment and went to the bedroom and then out onto the private balcony overlooking the ocean. In just five years I had gone from living in a cabin with no electricity or running water to entertaining my friends in the presidential suite of one of the world’s finest hotels. Not only that, but I had checked in for an entire month—money was no longer an object. I thought back to how I first began programming my mind for prosperity, and the fruit that it now bore, and I thanked the universe for the secrets of success that had been revealed to me.
June Bug

United States

#247224 Jan 27, 2013
I think you need to read more, and type less. Maybe all of the adrenaline you consume in those murdered creatures is getting to you.

God created the earth many billions of years ago. Since then, there have been many religions and societies. A few thousand years ago, a human writing one bible for one religion said man has dominion over the animals.

Many other religions have not said that, and don't eat animals. One even wears masks and sweeps the path in front of them as not to inhale or step on insects!

(I don't go that far, but do believe all life is precious.)

There are many paths to God. God loves everyone and everything, not just human catholics.

If you choose to participate in the ongoing holocaust of factory farming, don't blame God. It's your sin.

Prince George, Canada

#247225 Jan 27, 2013
As George Carlin suggested ...(paraphrasing)... self-help books are not about self help. They are somebody else's words, not your own.

Theologians will tell you that the bible is a book of self-help ... but yet they insist that you need them to interpret the words for you.

From the get-go, religion was, and is, a gigantic scam!

Prince George, Canada

#247226 Jan 27, 2013
Here's John Kehoe in the "flesh."

Prince George, Canada

#247227 Jan 27, 2013
I might believe all that nonsense from the mouth of John about the beautiful world, if I didn't know his history of the scam, and if I didn't know that the majority of the world's population suffers from lack of food and other comforts. People such as John and Oprah preach about success and live the high life by selling words of hope to dreamers that have no hope of attaining such success.

Both John and Oprah have the gift of the gab, and that is why they have such great success. Not everyone is so "blessed."

Sellers of words know the buttons to push when they speak. Tell the people what they want to hear, and more and more will come to listen and read and give you the money that makes you such a "success."

Prince George, Canada

#247228 Jan 27, 2013
If John Kehoe or Oprah Winfrey lost their vast amount of money today and became people living on the street begging for their next meals, my guess is, they would have no following.

NONE!!!

Prince George, Canada

#247229 Jan 27, 2013
June Bug wrote:
I think you need to read more, and type less. Maybe all of the adrenaline you consume in those murdered creatures is getting to you.
God created the earth many billions of years ago. Since then, there have been many religions and societies. A few thousand years ago, a human writing one bible for one religion said man has dominion over the animals.
Many other religions have not said that, and don't eat animals. One even wears masks and sweeps the path in front of them as not to inhale or step on insects!
(I don't go that far, but do believe all life is precious.)
There are many paths to God. God loves everyone and everything, not just human catholics.
If you choose to participate in the ongoing holocaust of factory farming, don't blame God. It's your sin.
I won't buy your sermon as you bought the sermon preached at you.

You are so eager and gullible as to belief that others deserve to burn in hell, that maybe in some form or other of negative energy that will be YOUR upcoming experience.

I prefer to wish all travellers well and leave fate to it's own unfolding.

Prince George, Canada

#247230 Jan 27, 2013
Religious manipulators try through prayer and other means to have things go their way ... but its possible that energy has its own set of rules ... and that such insatiable greed for eternal bliss might not be positive energy on which to rely.

Just maybe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“If you have one wish, wish for everything
to be exactly as it is.

Then wait patiently for your wish to come true.”

Stephen Russell

Prince George, Canada

#247231 Jan 27, 2013
At one time when the neighborhood was overun with cats, I borrowed a live cat-trap to trap one that was living under our shed.

Once caught in the live-trap the cat struggled for but a brief moment and then resigned herself to her fate. She folded her paws under her, laid down, and waited without panic for what would occur next.

We can only change what within our power can be changed ... and nothing more.

I don't believe in, or expect miracles, and am therefore never disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies 6 min dduttonnc 1,660
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 6 min Poof1 531
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 10 min Cali Girl 2014dal 67,962
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min KiMerde 24,874
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 12 min KiMerde 54,854
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 13 min jcofe 35
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 17 min DaveinMass 397
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 44 min Wondering 96
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••