Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220261 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247528 Jan 31, 2013
LEHRER: Your new book, The Root of Thought, is all about the power of glial cells, which actually make up nearly 90 percent of cells in the brain. What do glial cells do? And why do we have so many inside our head?

KOOB: Originally, scientists didn't think they did anything. Until the last 20 years, brain scientists believed neurons communicated to each other, represented our thoughts, and that glia were kind of like stucco and mortar holding the house together. They were considered simple insulators for neuron communication. There are a few types of glial cells, but recently scientists have begun to focus on a particular type of glial cell called the 'astrocyte,' as they are abundant in the cortex. Interestingly, as you go up the evolutionary ladder, astrocytes in the cortex increase in size and number, with humans having the most astrocytes and also the biggest. Scientists have also discovered that astrocytes communicate to themselves in the cortex and are also capable of sending information to neurons. Finally, astrocytes are also the adult stem cell in the brain and control blood flow to regions of brain activity. Because of all these important properties, and since the cortex is believed responsible for higher thought, scientists have started to realize that astrocytes must contribute to thought.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247529 Jan 31, 2013
Note the words "Scientists have also discovered that astrocytes communicate to themselves in the cortex" and then I suggest you ask your selves if you still believe that humans are really all-that "special?"
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247530 Jan 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She-who?
I'm sorry June.
I assumed you two met already.
My mistake.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247531 Jan 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry June.
I assumed you two met already.
My mistake.
No problem Jumper. I understand that you don't realize there are not just two of us in me. We are one big happy family ...

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247532 Jan 31, 2013
I just watched a program where the woman speaking gave what I believe to be sound advise ... Never make an apology followed by the word "but."

If you really are sorry, the word "but" is simply a justification for behaving like an ass in the first place.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247533 Jan 31, 2013
Now that religion has run its course with me, I find more interest in science.

I can just imagine all those little entities working non-stop until they die. I wonder if they feel emotions? They must feel hunger or they wouldn't eat. So many questions ... not many answers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The human body is a complicated system which operates much like a self-contained city. Some organs produce new cells, others use cells to perform their jobs, and eventually certain scavenger cells arrive to remove dead cells from the system. In the case of the human body, these scavengers are specialized white blood cells called macrophages. Macrophages remove dead cells essentially by eating them, which helps to explain why the word macrophage means "big eater" in Greek.

The other process for creating dead cells is called necrosis. Necrotic cell death usually occurs after a trauma or infection or other shock to the system.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-does-the-human-bo... #

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247534 Jan 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now that religion has run its course with me, I find more interest in science.
I can just imagine all those little entities working non-stop until they die. I wonder if they feel emotions? They must feel hunger or they wouldn't eat. So many questions ... not many answers.
The human body is a complicated system which operates much like a self-contained city. Some organs produce new cells, others use cells to perform their jobs, and eventually certain scavenger cells arrive to remove dead cells from the system. In the case of the human body, these scavengers are specialized white blood cells called macrophages. Macrophages remove dead cells essentially by eating them, which helps to explain why the word macrophage means "big eater" in Greek.
The other process for creating dead cells is called necrosis. Necrotic cell death usually occurs after a trauma or infection or other shock to the system.
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-does-the-human-bo... #
I don't really understand comunisim.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247535 Jan 31, 2013
"Instinct" is not an explanation, it is a copout.

Jack Boudreau

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247536 Jan 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really understand comunisim.
I suggest you look it up in the dictionary, and then if you're not satisfied with what you read ... morph it into your own meaning by writing your own dictionary.

To hell with the nay-sayers.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247537 Feb 1, 2013
Bullies, such as Fred Phelps idolize their supposed holy books ... as the USEFUL words give them permission to BE bullies.

If they harassed homosexuals without using words from those books ... it would be plain as day that it was just because they were in need of one of their "cruel"-fixes.

The urge to be cruel is a drug as potent and as addictive as any other addictive drug.

Cruelty is the bitter history of religion from the get-go, and it continues on it's blood-lusting journey because humans are too greedy of salvation and other self-ingratiating notions (emotions) to set their nonsensical religious dogmas free.

As sure as he lives and breathes, Fred Phelps is a brute that is addicted to cruelty. And his bible is his insurance that his cruelty is "centered" on the "righteous" path.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247538 Feb 1, 2013
The poster Ink is an example of someone who is certain she loves others as her "god" loves others.

She asked me if I want to go to hell, and she no-doubt is certain that such "concern" is based on LOVE!

She is so blinded by her lust for salvation, she accredits herself with being able to judge that while she will be in heaven with the god and will reap her reward of eternal deserved bliss in the afterlife ... I will be the unfortunate one that deserves to be in hell ... simply because I didn't BELIEVE and have FAITH in GOD as the "loving" god commands!

Nonsensical CULTS ... one and all!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#247539 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The roman catholic diocese from Los Angeles from 2007 paid out $660 MILLION in lawsuits, and today the meter is still running and the story that started then is going to explode very shortly.
How can the roman cathlic church leaders point their fingers at others, "women and gays" when they themselves have committed the worst sins of all and cost hundreds of millions $$?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/la-c...
Every catholic who puts money into the church collection is fiancially supporting the defense costs of guilty buggering clergy.
Is that where you want a percentage of your hard earned money going?
If not, then why are catholics so SILENT!
Catholics pay ALL the bills of the church. Catholics should have more control of where their money is actually going.
I totally agree.

There should be more outraged voices from the pews so to speak.

I voiced my thoughts and opinions and it almost got be sued.

I realized I was getting to close to the truth.
I had to re-evaluated my actions and for one I started to be a stronger advocate for victims of clergy abuse.

It is a crime how so many of these poor people were treated like.

I am very glad those files were produced.

So many files in other places were destroyed or disappeared mysteriously.

I believe the Roman Catholic Church major goal is to ensure that the one true church survives and thrives by any means necessary.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247540 Feb 1, 2013
Maybe non-human animals do know the long-term consequences of their actions, but because humans have all the power over them, and they can’t speak the human language, it simply appears that they don’t know.

I suggest we don't underestimate the "nature" of ANY beast.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247541 Feb 1, 2013
and "because" they can't speak the human language

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247542 Feb 1, 2013
The will to survive is the mother of mental invention, and religion is a case in point.

Humans were not satisfied with one life on earth, so in their imaginations they created religion in the hopes of extending their lives for eternity.

Greed and nothing BUT greed, is the name of the religious game!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247543 Feb 1, 2013
The men of science had to be taught by trial and error that it was the tiny beasts that in so many cases had the power to end the lives of humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

At this time, in spite of Semmelweis, the Austrian who had proved child-bed fever was contagious, the Lying-in hospitals in Paris were pest-holes. Out of every nineteen women who went hopeful into their doors, one was sure to die in motherhood. One of these places, where ten young mothers perished in succession, was called the House of Crime.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247544 Feb 1, 2013
Humans were and are easily fooled.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“It is in the power of man to make parasitic maladies disappear from the face of the globe!” So promised Pasteur, palsied but famous after his fight with the sickness of silkworms. He promised that, you remember, with a kind of enthusiastic vehemence, making folks think they might be rid of plagues by a year next at latest. Men began to hope and wait.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247545 Feb 1, 2013
If you believe that a god created you, are you also willing to believe that a god created the little beasts in your body that can kill you?

Where is your ever-lasting power?

It's no-where but in your mind!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247546 Feb 1, 2013
Whether or not the little beasts have a thought-process is irrelevant. They strive to survive, and that is the nature of all beasts ... including humans.

But where did these outlandish little inhabitants of the rainwater come from? Had they come down from the sky? Had they crawled invisibly over the side of the pot from the ground? Or had they been created out of nothing by a God full of whims?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247547 Feb 1, 2013

Leeuwenhoek was cautious about calling anything the cause of anything else. He had a sound instinct about the infinite complicatedness of everything—that told him the danger of trying to pick out one cause from the tangled maze of causes which control life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexual 'Acts' shock students, bring awareness (Nov '08) 3 min Florida Gator 144
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 4 min tongangodz 6,650
News Danbury church's rainbow flag burned 7 min Gays Run the World 9
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 12 min Frankie Rizzo 8,176
Is Jade ever going to trim er/im eyebrows/ 17 min Frankie Rizzo 7
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 45 min Gaybriel 34,567
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 50 min Waste Water 1,824
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 1 hr TomInElPaso 860
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 2 hr Chives 1,234
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr Wondering 24,128
More from around the web