Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220355 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247164 Jan 25, 2013
People make sex dirty in their own minds, and then they dirty other people’s minds.

Hester

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247165 Jan 25, 2013
Perhaps in time the so-called Dark Ages will be thought of as including our own.

Georg C. Lichtenberg

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247166 Jan 25, 2013
“The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

Georgia Harkness

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247167 Jan 25, 2013
“One of the world’s greatest problems is the impossibility of any person searching for the truth on any subject when they believe they already have it.”

Dave Wilbur

Fraser Lake, Canada

#247168 Jan 25, 2013
Experience trumps Assumption

Whoopi Goldberg.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#247169 Jan 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your support.
I post many ideas from other authors, and for their ideas that often become my ideas, I take no credit.
Speaking of other authors, I was just reading up on Carl Sagan and viewing him on youtube. We lost a brilliant mind at a young age. He was my hero.

Prince George, Canada

#247170 Jan 26, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of other authors, I was just reading up on Carl Sagan and viewing him on youtube. We lost a brilliant mind at a young age. He was my hero.
Of course brilliance in other humans is also based on the perception of the individual that does the perceiving.

You can bet that a theologian would perceive Carl Sagan as very ignorant indeed.

I suspect that when we are impressed and agree with the ideas of other people, we lean toward believing they are brilliant ... and when they disagree with our own beliefs we tend to refer to them as idiots!

In that way, and many other ways, we're fickle.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#247171 Jan 26, 2013
Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out.

Carl Sagan

Prince George, Canada

#247172 Jan 26, 2013
The following are Carl Sagan quotes.

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Prince George, Canada

#247173 Jan 26, 2013
When through religion humans are taught that there is a far better place to go than on earth, they come up with the most flamboyant ideas ... such as that a god will be pleased with them if they die for the dogmas created by men of the churches, mosques or synagogues, etc.

The term "martyr" stems from a man named Justine Martyr, who died while having a devout belief in the Catholic dogma of his day.

As occurred with Augustine, Justine studied religious-dogmas that belonged to other cults before he became a Catholic.

The term martyr became the catch-phrase of the Catholic hierarchy as they used it to encourage others to die for their cult.

"Become a MARTYR!!!" they preached ... as they sat on their ever-so-comfortable butts in the vatican and encouraged followers to kill others for their own ambitions.

Prince George, Canada

#247174 Jan 26, 2013
From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

Justine Martyr had sought divine knowledge in the schools of Zeno, of Aristotle, of Pythagoras, and of Plato, before he fortunately was accosted by the old man, or rather the angel, who turned his attention to the study of the Jewish prophets.

Prince George, Canada

#247175 Jan 26, 2013
You will find that these same Jews are very "religious."

Religion can't take the brute out of human nature. It's simply not possible!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

UK minister defends making Auschwitz comparison

A member of British parliament on Friday defended comments made on his website over Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, British daily The Guardian reported.

David Ward posted an item on his website accusing the Jewish people of "inflicting atrocities on Palestinians … on a daily basis".

On Ward's website, it stated: "Having visited Auschwitz twice – once with my family and once with local schools – I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza."

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/A...

Prince George, Canada

#247176 Jan 26, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT there to be a God.
I'm still pondering on your post of yesterday Sherlayne.

I refuse to believe that a god would create a realm where suffering in all creatures is necessary to fulfill the god's supposed "divine" plan. I would be terribly disappointed in such a god, and would still feel that disappointment in the hereafter.

Would you share the reason why you still want to believe that there is a god?

Prince George, Canada

#247177 Jan 26, 2013
So, if dogs and cats, etc., dream and also have nightmares ... why, other than for reasons of arrogance, would humans believe that the dreams of humans are linked to a god?

Prince George, Canada

#247178 Jan 26, 2013
The centuries of slaughter in the belief that a god demanded human-blood and the blood of other unfortunate animals as sacrifices stemmed from the teaching of human brutes in the guises of gods.

Religion was and is not evil as in a devil promoting anything, but by human culpability ... it is WICKED!

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Meat Offering.

It was to be composed of the fine flour, seasoned with salt and mixed with oil and frankincense, but without leaven; and it was generally accompanied by a drink offering of wine.

It will be seen that this meaning involves neither sacrifice—the atonement for sin and self-dedication to God.

Prince George, Canada

#247179 Jan 26, 2013
The Jews supposedly put "GOD" on trial and concluded that God deserved death ... yet ended up praying to the same image of a god.

From my perception, humans need to acquire mental strength of their own, and say "There can't be such a nasty god, so I will leave religion behind and free myself from its ongoing bondage."

From the book,“A History of God,” by Karen Armstrong, published 1993, comes the following …

Yet it is also true that even in Auschwitz some Jews continued to study the Talmud and observe the traditional festivals, not because they hoped that God would rescue them but because it made sense. There is a story that one day in Auschwitz, a group of Jews put God on trial. They charged him with cruelty and betrayal. Like Job, they found no consolation in the usual answers to the problem of evil and suffering in the midst of this current obscenity. They could find no excuse for God, no extenuating circumstances, so they found him guilty and, presumably, worthy of death. The Rabbi pronounced the verdict. Then he looked up and said that the trial was over: it was time for the evening prayers

Prince George, Canada

#247181 Jan 26, 2013
I wonder if dogs and cats also fly while "they" are in dream-"land?"

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The lamas are masters of the atmosphere exactly like the shamans; they fly in the air, etc.

Prince George, Canada

#247182 Jan 26, 2013
Is it possible to be in a sort of dream-like state, while at the same time being awake?

Isn't hypnosis such a state?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

Driving Yourself Nuts

Under hypnosis, you can be convinced that a bee is on your nose. You can see it and feel it, even though it isn’t really there. This deception can be so powerful that, if you are told that the bee has stung, a reddening swelling may appear and you will feel pain. Similarly, if someone convinces you that God will give you a command for everything you do in life, even to the tiniest detail, you will imagine that you hear commands from God. That doesn’t mean that God is really directing you. It only means that your mind imagines it to be true.

Prince George, Canada

#247183 Jan 26, 2013
Do they fly, or is it just their imaginations deluding them?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The lamas are masters of the atmosphere exactly like the shamans; they fly in the air, etc.

Prince George, Canada

#247184 Jan 26, 2013
From my perception people in religion are not satisfied with their lot of life on earth.

If that were so, these people would take it as it comes, and stop trying to manipulate the supposed future.

But of course, suffering in the here and now puts up red flags concerning yet MORE and MORE possible suffering in a hereafter.

It is the fear of suffering in a hereafter that leads people to believe in the existence of punishing "gods."

"Please don't punish me GOD. I'll be good, and I'll have complete faith in you ... but PLEASE have mercy on me!"

I have news for you. A god that created punishment, such as a hell where the devil works for the god punishing offenders, will not stop punishing just because you beg for mercy.

Serial killers LOVE those that beg and beg and beg, as it encourages them to torture MORE and MORE and MORE!

I suggest you stop believing in such foolishness and start believing that you are whole and worthy ... just as you are.

If you're not suffering physically now you are fortunate ... and if you are worrying about being punished in a hereafter, you are emotionally suffering because of religion, and the onus is on you if you choose to keep on suffering, or to set such beliefs free ... just the same way you set all other ridiculous beliefs free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk asks Supreme Court to intervene ... 2 hr Jessica 4
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 2 hr My name is Nobody 286
News Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay r... 3 hr annoyed 10
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 5 hr NoahLovesU 2,966
News Man claims he was fired because he is gay, file... 5 hr Delmar 888 6
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr NoahLovesU 34,825
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 5 hr NoMo 7,209
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 6 hr DaveinMass 1,070
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 11 hr Pietro Armando 8,771
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 hr NoahLovesU 25,627
More from around the web