Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216663 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#248611 Feb 22, 2013
The Catholics had all the power
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248612 Feb 22, 2013
Religion always had a USER's FEE. You could belong ... for the HIGH PRICE of your life ... of your conscience ... and always ... your money.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248613 Feb 22, 2013
If Peter, the first pope was Jewish, and married, how was it that he became a CATHOLIC saint?

There are so many lies that are visible, if only you want to see.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

Another spokesman for the Gregorian Reform was the preacher of penance and opponent of women Peter Damiani (d. 1072). He thought that since Christ was born of a virgin, he also had to be served by virginal souls in the celebration of the Eucharist. Only virginal hands should be allowed to touch the body of the Lord (De dignitate sacerdoti). As for the uncomfortable fact that Peter, the first pope, was married, the pious zealot for celibacy replied that “Peter washed away the filth of marriage with the blood of his martyrdom”(De perfectione monachorum).
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248614 Feb 22, 2013
My guess is, just as the Catholics put words in the mouth of a charicature they called Jesus, they also put words in the mouths of Roman historians such as Tacitus and Pliny. They changed many words to suit their own agendas. Observe the following example.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

CatholicCulture.Org

ZEAL

Love in action. The strong emotion of spirit, basaed on deep affection, that seeks to obtain what is loved or to remove what stands in the way. In religious terms, zeal is manifested by an impeeling desire to advance the Kingdom of Christ, sanctify souls, and advance the glory of God by making him better known and loved, and thus more faithfully served.(Etym. Latin zelus, eagerness; from Greek z_los.)

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

CatholicCulture.Org

ZEALOT

1. a Jewish member of a radical, violent group bitterly opposed to Roman domination of Palestine. The group was especially active during the century in which Christ lived on earth. The present-day use of the word "zealot," to mean a fanatical enthusiast, derives from this group's name; 2. Simon was one of the Twelve Apostles. He was referred to in the New Testament as Simon the Zealot (Luke 6:15) to distinguish him from Simon Peter. He had probably been a member of the Jewish group until his conversion to.(Etym. Latin zelotes; from Greek z_l_t_s; from z_los, zeal.)

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248615 Feb 22, 2013
Those who held the power in history were the ones for the most part, to write the history.

As one of the American Native Chiefs stated way back when ... "The white man wrote the stories and the white man told many lies."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248616 Feb 22, 2013
At a time when the white men in power were writing the stories, the Natives didn't know how to read or write the language. They had no voice and had to suffer most often in silence.

The gods in the "heavens" knew the lies existed, but again, they did nothing to correct anything.

It's impossible for gods to act, when they don't exist but in the minds of the humans that created them.

Just as the innocent chickens don't get protection from gods, neither do humans.

Suffering has its own rules, and no spoken or written language can change that fact.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248617 Feb 22, 2013
Can't you just picture Pagan historians bragging about a Jewish savior named Jesus who came to earth to save only those of the Catholic faith?

My guess is the Pagan historians might have stated that those were the "claims" of the Catholics, but that they didn't believe the Catholics.

That makes more sense.

I know if I were a Pagan, I wouldn't be at all pleased about a Jew coming to save only those with Catholic faith. I'd say ... "HEY ... that's not fair at all. What about us Pagans!!!"

But Ink so adores those Catholic stories, she swallows them, hook, line and "sinker."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248618 Feb 22, 2013
If a creator created the grapple tree, he is one cruel S.O.B. in deed!

My guess is, there was no plan involved. It was just nature taking its course.

From Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader (Plunges into Great Lives edition) comes the following……………

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248619 Feb 22, 2013
From Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader (Plunges into Great Lives edition)… published 1999, comes the following.

“You might be interested to know that the Scriptures are on our side on this.”

Ronald Reagan, defending his arms-buildup program
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248620 Feb 22, 2013
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

The Catholic slaveholder could always argue that he was only doing what his church allowed. An organization that claims ultimate power must also accept ultimate responsibility.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#248621 Feb 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, but I still am confused.
It seems to me that when you state that Jesus "said" such and such, that you believe the words actually came from the mouth of a living being, rather than that men wrote the story as THOUGH the words came from a living being.
And when you state that you have the right to believe what you believe as an adult of God ... that tells me that you rely on the idea that humans were created BY a god ... and if that is the case ... which one of the many god do you believe created humans?
Of course that is your right to believe any way that makes you comfortable ... but I don't see how you make it fit in your own belief.
June

People do not always appear logical, obvious or even rational in their comments, odd beliefs and opinions.

They do often settle for that which makes themselves comfortable rather than think or step outside the mainstream beliefs of their culture.

God is a word most often used without much thought as to what the word implies.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#248622 Feb 22, 2013
With Amazon ad, marketers are coming out of the closet!!

By Quentin Fottrell

Same-sex marriage has been legalized in nine states and the District of Columbia, while President Barack Obama has thrown his political weight behind the cause. But even more significant, say some experts: Madison Avenue is taking up the issue.

This week, Amazon released a commercial that gay-rights advocates say likely marks the first time the word "husband" was used by a mainstream brand on network television in the context of same-sex couples.

The ad for the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader features a man and woman sitting on a beach. He appears to have trouble reading on his iPad due to the glare of the sun and, on the advice of the woman, decides to buy the Kindle. "We should celebrate," the man says. The woman pauses. "My husband's bringing me a drink right now," she replies. "So is mine," he says. And with that, they both turn around and wave at two men at the bar.

"It's a game changer," says Bob Witeck, president and founder of Witeck Communications Inc., a public relations firm in Washington D.C. More companies are likely to follow suit with similar advertisements that naturally -- and directly -- portray same-sex couples who are very clearly married, he says. "This is the first time we've seen a glimpse of that conversation in a television spot," he says. "It gives permission to other marketers to frame their stories in the same way."
Corporate America is not only increasingly targeting the gay and lesbian demographic, gay rights activists say, but appealing to their friends and family as well. In fact, the number of mainstream advertisements containing gay images has doubled in the last year, according to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

There were a dozen such advertisements by household brands in 2012 versus the previous year, it says. They include Gap, Crate & Barrel, Johnson & Johnson, J. Crew, Discover America and Macy's.

Notably, Amazon's advertisements avoids using any stereotypes. "We don't know which of the two men at the end is married to the man and the woman," says Mike Wilke, founder of AdRespect.org , a non-profit that works with companies about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender -- or LGBT -- issues. Unlike many other "gay vague" commercials that leave the question mark about a relationship status, this represents same-sex marriage in a clear and yet incidental way. "It shows the direction advertising is going," he says.

Why now? Advertising is reflecting a growing political and legal momentum behind same-sex marriage, Wilke says. What's more, in his State of the Union address, President Obama said, "our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law" -- a line that has raised expectations about the prospect of gay marriage being more widely accepted.

And while commercials featuring LGBT images are still relatively rare, experts say the ones that do air inspire much less of a backlash than in the past. Indeed, public support of gay marriage is growing: In 2012, 48% of Americans supported gay marriage, compared to 33% a decade earlier, according to a Pew Research poll. Because of this, the advertising industry is incorporating gay people and families into mainstream campaigns, says Rich Ferraro, vice president of communications at GLAAD.

In 1997, when Ellen DeGeneres famously came out on her ABC sitcom, J.C. Penney withdrew its advertising support. TNow she is a spokesperson for J.C. Penney, which now features gay couples in its catalogs.

The AP updated its stylebook Wednesday to "husband or wife" for all couples.

"Nothing speaks to equality like using the same words," he says. The Kindle ad doesn't have a cheesy slogan. "It doesn't need one," Witeck says. "This conversation is already taking place in shopping malls and workplaces all over the country. The advertisement simply says this is the America we live in in 2013."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248623 Feb 22, 2013
The Canonical gospels referred to below were "Catholic" gospels. Guess who wrote the Catholic gospels???

Favoritism ... ya think???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Tacitus on Christ

The passage is one of the earliest non-Christian references to the origins of Christianity, the execution of Christ described in the Canonical gospels, and the presence and persecution of Christians in 1st-century Rome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Chris...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248624 Feb 22, 2013
Why do you suppose it took over three centuries for men to compile the data that a Jewish savior came to earth to save only those of the Catholic faith?

WHY???

Such an exciting event would hit the newspapers today if it happened this morning.

I suggest skullduggery was the reason. It took some cunning manipulation and time to come up with such a plan to start a new religion. Over three centuries of planning and stealing data from other religions ... much from the old testament.

Wake up people, or not! Your children depend on you to free them from religious cults that held you in mental bondage.

The choice is yours.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248625 Feb 22, 2013
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In 1958 Judge Leon M. Bazile of Virginia ordered an interracial couple, Richard and Mildred Loving, to leave the state for twenty-five years as punishment for violating Virginia’s anti-miscegenation law, a sentence subsequently upheld by the Virginia State Supreme Court.“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and He placed them on separate continents,” Judge Bazile later explained,“and but for the interference with His arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages.”
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248626 Feb 22, 2013
I have no doubt that Ink perceives she is on the side of good "god" and others are on the side of the devil "evil."

It was the indoctrination of Christianity from the get-go!

The Arrogance of Faith, by Forrest G. Wood

In his study on “the Protestant hope for a Christian America,” Robert T. Handy on New York’s Union Theological Seminary acknowledged the contradiction inherent in the belief in one true faith in a pluralistic and democratic society.“Committed to the principle of religious freedom and to the voluntary method, the leaders of the thrust to make America Christian failed to sense how coersive their efforts appeared to those who did not share their premises.” He wrote in A Christian America (1971.“It was hard for them not to view their opponents as agents of evil, for they were convinced that they were unequivocally on the side of good.”
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248627 Feb 22, 2013
I'm good. #Blush#
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248628 Feb 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I'm good.#Blush#
I doubt if Allah would agree!

And don't forget ... the gods have the "last" say in ALL "matters."

Even if one loves you and another one hates you ... you are doomed.

I figured if Allah was going to hate me, Jehovah might as well hate me too. That way, the two can fight up in the sky over whose hell I'll be burning in for eternity.

I feel very special being the center of their attention.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#248629 Feb 22, 2013

While I was writing this book, one of my graduate students submitted a research paper in which he referred to something God had done. I tried to explain that if he were a seminarian studying for a degree in theology, God’s existence would be a given, but that in a secular institution he could not present as fact something that existed only as an article of faith.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248630 Feb 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
While I was writing this book, one of my graduate students submitted a research paper in which he referred to something God had done. I tried to explain that if he were a seminarian studying for a degree in theology, God’s existence would be a given, but that in a secular institution he could not present as fact something that existed only as an article of faith.
Well that may be his and your view.
But I bet he never brought down a 12 point buck at 500 yards in a high wind!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 12 min Rose_NoHo 41
News Effort Underway To Save City's Oldest Gay Bar '... 29 min Rose_NoHo 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 31 min Rose_NoHo 18,807
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 50 min Wondering 45
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 52 min Pat Robertson s F... 19
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 59 min Hudson 61
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Hudson 58,903
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 10 hr NE Jade 27,401
More from around the web