Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220076 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#244682 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I don't celebrate xmas because its a lie that he was born on Dec 25th. That is man made traditional pagan holiday.
Chronology of American Religious History: 1600 - 2004

December 25, 1789 During the first Christmas under America's new Constitution, the Congress was in session. This fact may seem odd today, but at the time Christmas was no t a major Christian holiday. As a matter of fact, Christmas had a bad reputation among many Christians as a time of un-Christian excess and partying. Between 1659 and 1681, celebrating Christmas was actually illegal in Boston and anti-Christmas sentiment in the North prevented the day from becoming a national holiday until 1870.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/religio ...

Prince George, Canada

#244683 Dec 19, 2012
Economist wrote:
“A nation which thinks
that it is belief in God
and not good law
which makes people honest
does not seem to me
very advanced.”
—Denis Diderot
--French Encyclopedist
"Good" law to the Christians was putting heretics and witches to death for offending their images of a god.

Prince George, Canada

#244685 Dec 19, 2012
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
All gods are only an image --only an idea instilled in the mind by words, usually from an authority figure.
Religious investment (faith) stems from someone falling for a fast line that comes from what the person believes to BE ... an authority on truth.

Prince George, Canada

#244686 Dec 19, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is the greatest most common lie known to man.
That is what your cult taught you was/is true.

And you are VERY content to believe it, as it makes you feel superior to those who are homosexual.

Prince George, Canada

#244687 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
Unlike atheist who say they don't believe in Jesus or God but then go around celebrating the supposedly birth of Christ on xmas.
I don't celebrate Christmas. It's just an ordinary day to me.

Prince George, Canada

#244688 Dec 19, 2012
Economist wrote:
“I myself do not believe in a god
who has or had a human form
nd to whom I owe my existence.
I believe it is man who created God
in his image and not the other way round.”
—Richard Leakey, Anthropologist
from--One Life: An Autobiography, 1984.
Of course humans created images of gods. It's easy to claim that something invisible exists, as there is no way to prove it doesn't exist.

That's what makes religion so handy.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244689 Dec 19, 2012
Homosexuals, adulteres, and fornicators folks who are knocking boots without getting married have an accounting to God.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244690 Dec 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
December 25, 1789 During the first Christmas under America's new Constitution, the Congress was in session. This fact may seem odd today, but at the time Christmas was no t a major Christian holiday. As a matter of fact, Christmas had a bad reputation among many Christians as a time of un-Christian excess and partying. Between 1659 and 1681, celebrating Christmas was actually illegal in Boston and anti-Christmas sentiment in the North prevented the day from becoming a national holiday until 1870.
Now they say its Jesus' bday.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244691 Dec 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting this info. Interesting
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244692 Dec 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course humans created images of gods. It's easy to claim that something invisible exists, as there is no way to prove it doesn't exist.
That's what makes religion so handy.
There is more proof that there is a God than isn't.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244693 Dec 19, 2012
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
There are few facts and many errors in your bible.
The christian bible is a collection of ideas of ancient people which were picked over and edited to compose a story that promoted the prejudices of the editors.
The bible says that your jesus was born when shepherds were tending their sheep in the fields.
That would be anytime of the year except winter, when sheep are sheltered in pens from the weather.
But here you are preparing to celebrate your christ's birth at christmas at the time of the winter solstice.
You believe that his birth is the reason for this celebratory season.
In reality--The reason for the season is the world's axial tilt.
Over the ages B.efore C.hrist people have celebrated the return of the SUN as the day's daylight period starts again to lengthen.
Axial tilt is the reason for the season, for the whole world.
That is a FACT!!
Your notion of the reason for the season is false.
One might even say that it is a LIE.
The Bible does not lie. It told how the earth is round. Christopher Columbus could of saved himself a trip if he would of just sat down and read the scriptures..hehe..
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#244694 Dec 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate Christmas. It's just an ordinary day to me.
Good for you. I'm proud of you:oD

Prince George, Canada

#244695 Dec 19, 2012
Keep in mind that Adam fell in love with his own rib.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The nun Hildegard of Bingen (d. 1179) borrowed Augustine’s explanation and made it still clearer:“The devil … saw that Adam was inflamed with so violent a love of Eve that he would carry out what she told him" (Scivias I, visio 2).

Prince George, Canada

#244696 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Now they say its Jesus' bday.
No doubt you will believe what suits you.

Prince George, Canada

#244697 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
Homosexuals, adulteres, and fornicators folks who are knocking boots without getting married have an accounting to God.
Do you perceive that you are god's first, or second in command?

Prince George, Canada

#244698 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible does not lie. It told how the earth is round. Christopher Columbus could of saved himself a trip if he would of just sat down and read the scriptures..hehe..
The bible is a book, and books can't lie. Only the people that write them and read them can lie.

Prince George, Canada

#244699 Dec 19, 2012
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Aristotle opened the monk’s eyes to the deepest reason for woman’s inferiority: Woman owed her existence to a mistake, to a slipup in the process of birth. She was, in other words, a “misbegotten or defective man."

Prince George, Canada

#244700 Dec 19, 2012
People believe that through the words in their supposed "holy books" they can KNOW the "minds of the gods."

That's really very funny!

Prince George, Canada

#244701 Dec 19, 2012
"I'm going to write a story about some gods."

"What are you going to write?"

"Give me TIME ... I'll think of "something."

Prince George, Canada

#244702 Dec 19, 2012
I'll think of 'something.'"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 2 min NorCal Native 693
Does NE Jade Swallow? 6 min Henrrita 6
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 9 min WasteWater 502
Let's Discuss NE Jade. 11 min Henrrita 5
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 13 min Just Saying 51
Are the mods fair and balanced? 14 min Henrrita 864
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 15 min Notgonnahappen 268
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 1 hr Christsharians on... 71
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr NorCal Native 7,048
More from around the web