Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 215229 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#250021 Mar 17, 2013
The following story from the book is abbreviated, but it gives the general idea.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Woman Doctor … the education of Jane Patterson, M.D. published in 1983, comes the following

One Tuesday evening in April of sixty-seven, a sixteen-year-old girl came into ER. I asked when she’d had her last period and whether she’d ever been pregnant. She told me that her last period had been a couple of weeks ago and no, she’d never been pregnant. I got the nurse who’d admitted the girl to come in and assist with the pelvic exam. The girl’s uterus was enlarged and exquisitely tender. Her cervix was slightly lacerated. The cervical os, the opening to the uterus, was dilated, and I could see that some of the products of conception were still inside her badly infected uterus. Another Tijuana Special. I finished the exam, got her out of the stirrups and tried to put some gentleness in my voice.“Look,” I said,“I know that you’ve had an abortion, and in order to take care of you properly I need to know when it was done and what was used.” She didn’t want to cooperate with me. She insisted she couldn’t possibly be pregnant; she hadn’t had an abortion. I don’t know what abortionists used to tell their clients (maybe that they too would go to jail), but almost always, no matter how badly they’d been butchered, no matter what kind of pain they were in, even if they were bleeding all over the place, patients maintained a bizarre loyalty to the abortionist. It was as if the abortionists were the good guys and we were the bad guys. It would be a number of years before I would begin to see that they had a point. I explained to the girl that the abortion was incomplete, that she had a massive infection and that I was going to have to admit her and clean out her uterus. A little “Okay,” which sounded like it came from someplace far away, was all I got in reply. I ordered pre-op tests. I told the nurse to prep her and get her upstairs to the operating room.

“I’m sorry, Mommy,” the girl said.

“It’s O.K, baby. It’s O.K. the mother told her.“You could have told me honey. It’s O.K., don’t you worry about it now. You just get better.”

The D&C—the dilation and curettage, the process used to empty the uterus—went smoothly. The girl lost a good deal of blood and needed a transfusion, but although her blood pressure was low, it was holding. I took her to recovery room, checked her out and left orders for the nurse to monitor her and call me if things got worse.

By this time I was thoroughly exhausted. I went to the on-call room and fell asleep. Within what seemed like only a few minutes, the phone rang. It was a STAT call, a medical emergency: The girl was in trouble. I took the staircase three steps at a time. The anesthesiologist must have taken them four at a time, as I came through the door, I glanced at the EKG. It had gone flat. Pumping somebody’s heart is hard work. We continued spelling each other, anxiously watching the clock. She wasn’t breathing on her own, and she wasn’t going to. We all knew it and had known it for twenty minutes, but it was hard to quit hoping. Finally the anesthesiologist said,“I think this is useless.” He was right. We pronounced the girl dead at 3:45 am.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250022 Mar 17, 2013
continued

I went down to the waiting room to tell the mother. She was perched in the same spot, but now her hands were clutching another set of hands instead of her purse. This set of hand belonged to a woman with a long, gentle face. I was glad there was someone else there.

I told the mother, as softly as you can tell such hard news, that her daughter was dead. A tiny, wounded noise came out of her mouth. For a few moments, she didn’t change her expression or move her lips. Then she buried her head in the other woman’s chest and sobbed, that terrible dry kind of sobbing that makes no noise. The other woman, who turned out to be the girl’s aunt, sort of curled around the mother and held her tight, rocking her back and forth and making vague, comforting noises. We all sat there for a while, silent. There was nothing to say.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

The girl’s aunt began to talk, thanking me, reassuring me. I’d done my best, all that was possible, she said; this wasn’t my fault. She talked on, about making “the arrangements.” It was okay, she would take care of things; she always had. She talked about her sister’s girl, about how she was such a good girl, really. She began to babble her memories, and soon she was crying.

“Why,” she asked no one in particular.“Why did this have to happen?”

I no longer had all the answers. Maybe abortion was a crime, but being sixteen years old and pregnant and scared and trying to get an abortion isn’t criminal, it’s sad. And even if it was a crime, the punishment didn’t fit the crime. The girl didn’t deserve to die. No sixteen-year-old kid deserves to die.

The aunt sat there, saying it over and over again:“Why did this have to happen?”

No, I no longer had all the answers.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250023 Mar 17, 2013
I've posted this type of sentiment many times before, but it doesn't make any impression on Ink.

She's a holy servant of the one and only god, and don't you ever forget it, or she will remind you.

HOLY service is all in a day's work for Ink!

Despicable creature!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250024 Mar 17, 2013
Some people are so intent on trying to be holy, they forget what it is to be human.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#250025 Mar 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some people are so intent on trying to be holy, they forget what it is to be human.
Well...with that said,HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY June!

Are ye after me luckly charms? Oooh me liver!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250026 Mar 17, 2013
World Health Organization

Ask the expert

Q: Why do so many women still die in pregnancy or childbirth?

A: Every minute, at least one woman dies from complications related to pregnancy or childbirth – that means 529 000 women a year. In addition, for every woman who dies in childbirth, around 20 more suffer injury, infection or disease – approximately 10 million women each year.

Five direct complications account for more than 70% of maternal deaths: haemorrhage (25%), infection (15%), unsafe abortion (13%), eclampsia (very high blood pressure leading to seizures – 12%), and obstructed labour (8%). While these are the main causes of maternal death, unavailable, inaccessible, unaffordable, or poor quality care is fundamentally responsible. They are detrimental to social development and wellbeing, as some one million children are left motherless each year. These children are 10 times more likely to die within two years of their mothers' death.

http://www.who.int/features/qa/12/en/index.ht...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250027 Mar 17, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well...with that said,HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY June!
Are ye after me luckly charms? Oooh me liver!
Well I only wish you as much happiness each day as you wish on those who don't follow the dictates of your religion.

How does THAT grab you?

:)

I can also be stingy about the "blessing" I bestow on others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250028 Mar 17, 2013
I don’t believe a god exists TO judge human behavior. I believe it’s up to us to judge our own behavior.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250029 Mar 17, 2013
If you think that childbirth in some parts of the world where women have no access to medical care is not a terrifying prospect ... I suggest you think again.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In 1915, the rate of women dying during childbirth was 60.8 per every 1,000 women.

Read more: Women's History | A Statistical Portrait | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womenthen1.htm...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250030 Mar 17, 2013
My guess is, that many women believe they have a better chance of surviving abortion than at giving birth to babies.

If these women die, they know they will leave behind helpless children, many of them already starving for nutritious food and crying in vain for other comforts.

You can take your gods and shove them up your self-perceived holy asses!!!

I'm not angry at what I believe are non-existent gods ... but I AM angry at stupid religious people that have no more brains than doorknobs.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250031 Mar 17, 2013
Mother Teresa used her image of a god to judge women who had abortions or even used birth control.

I would like to have seen her behavior had she been in the shoes of some of those POOR women she was judging from her self-perceived HOLY Catholic pulpit!!!

Stupid woman!!!

They can label her as a saint ... but she won't receive any accolades from me.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250032 Mar 17, 2013
Imagine Mother Teresa preaching sermons at women who had to make such terrible choices in their lives. Mother Teresa had NO empathy for them whatsoever. NONE!!!

Her aim was to preach whatever pleased her self and her pope. And she, unlike the victims of her verbal attacks ... was NOT starving.

Am I harshly judging Mother Teresa? You bet I am.

And if there just HAPPENS to be a god, and HE doesn't judge her as a selfish member of a cult, then HE is of the same cult and also deserves nothing but scorn!!!

With words based on what she claimed was truth, Mother Teresa was nothing but a bully.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250033 Mar 17, 2013
My guess is Presbyterian Reagan and his followers were very proud of their Christian beliefs that resulted in the death of many women.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

The Reagan administration denies U.S. funds worldwide to any family-planning program that provides abortions or abortion information. As a result, sixty-seven developing nations where abortion is legal are unable to offer this service. About 200,000 women die of botched abortions as a result.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250034 Mar 17, 2013
According to the suffering of all animals including humans, if there IS a god, he/she/it deserves the death penalty, and even the death penalty is being far too kind to such a monster!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250035 Mar 17, 2013
My husband is an Atheist and he's a practical man.

Today, while we discussed what we want done with our ashes after cremation, he suggested to tell the people that cremate him to suck his ashes up in a vacuum cleaner and be done with it.

I agreed that that was a great idea. So I hope they let our "wills" be done.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250037 Mar 17, 2013
In 80% of cases the cremation ashes are strewn or buried in the Gardens of Remembrance at the crematorium.

http://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/living/deat...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250038 Mar 17, 2013
My guess is, that many devout religious believers are more likely to fear death than are Atheists.

The uncertainty that a cruel god could turn ugly on even the most devout believers is always a consideration to those who put ALL their faith in an image of a god that has the ability to in deed be VERY cruel.

I can't speak for other Atheists, but to believe that I just go to sleep and feel no pain ever, is not at all frightening to me. Actually it would be my wish for total bliss to turn off the worry-button forever and ever ... without any AMEN.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250039 Mar 17, 2013
Alice Miller …“THOU SHALT NOT BE AWARE.” Society’s betrayal of the child…….

Fairy Tales

This and similar information awakened in me the image of wise forbears who lived at the beginning of human history. No one could tell me precisely when or where they lived, but it was certain that they possessed great insight into life, which they then transmitted to following generations. Unfortunately, their precious truths became more and more diluted in subsequent generations. I couldn’t understand why this was so. Why were our forebears wiser and better than we are here and now? In early times, God even found the Flood necessary because people had sinned so much and because apparently He couldn’t find a single person besides Noah who had pleased Him with his good sense and good deeds. All this contradicts the assumption that there was more wisdom to be found at the beginning of our history than there is now. I have already indicated in these pages that the wise and famous King Solomon wrote things that can now, thanks to the insights of our own century, be proven to be clearly false. Human history begins with the temptation to want to know, with punishment for being curious, with Abel being favored over Cain, Cain’s jealousy, and a series of bloody deeds. Even as a child I searched in vain for the wise people who were supposed to be found at the beginning of our history.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250040 Mar 17, 2013
If anyone dares to hold a religious ceremony for me after I am dead, I will see to it that they are sued of every last penny in their possession.

Religion owned me for seventy years of my life, and the wish that the rest of my life and my death be free of such nonsense should not be too much to ask.

Tongue-in-cheek
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#250041 Mar 17, 2013
Myths have a long history of distortion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the hard-cover-book, titled,“Stories Behind Everyday Things,” published by “The Reader’s Digest,” comes the following.

Apple

Many early Indo-European groups worshiped a male sun and a female moon, and in the mythologies of various tribes the apple represented one or the other. The writers of Genesis no longer worshiped celestial bodies. Yet it has long been assumed that Eve handed an apple to Adam, and a possible source for this may be the Indo-European belief that the sun and the moon produced mankind after Luna gave an apple to her fiery husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Deleted a Scen... 6 min Straight Shooter 6
News .com | Surprise meeting: Is Zim seeing a depart... 10 min Clayton 1
News Pride and awareness: Annual event a chance to s... 16 min Clintonfartaides 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 22 min NE Dwarf Snapper ... 28,184
News Gay Pride parades used to mean protests. Now th... 23 min EdmondWA 8
News US top court rules for baker in gay wedding cak... 1 hr Aquarius-WY 805
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 1 hr RedSoxFan-inGeorgia 143
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Straight Shooter 63,279
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 5 hr Straight Shooter 328
News As We Celebrate Pride, Trump Packs the Courts W... 7 hr BillfartedonHilly 22