Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#248368 Feb 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The man who refers to himself as the second coming of Jesus won't have to fight to keep his "throne."
The government protects his rights to preach foolish nonsense and in turn gain a huge following of gullible fools that have nothing better to do with their time than be certain that there is no sin, no hell and no devil ... but there definitely is a god that loves them unconditionally.
Unless his body-guards mess up one day and neglect to protect him ... he's got it made!!!
Religion has been very good to the new "Jesus."
:)
I've never believed in the "Second Coming" at all.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248369 Feb 19, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
'Oh!'
That happend last November.
I could tell when I filled up my car this morning.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248370 Feb 19, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, we would have been better off as a united group to never believe in the first coming of any savior in any religion.

That tale is very old in deed and came down through one religion after another as did most of the myths ... with a simple change of a name.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248371 Feb 19, 2013
FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248372 Feb 19, 2013
To some believers ... that word God is well worth killing for and dying for.

To others it's a word that has created nothing but division, animosity, torture, imprisonment and otherwise unnecessary deaths.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248373 Feb 19, 2013
Religion caused this mental state in Anita Bryant, but the REAL tragedy was, homosexuals paid the price century after century because of those who suffered from the same blight of indoctrinated theological ignorance!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Book …“Playboy Interview … edited by G. Barry Golson …
Anita Bryant … anti-gay activist……

June, 1978…………..

Playboy: In some jurisdictions, homosexual behavior is now prosecuted as a misdemeanor. Are you in favor of returning it to a felony status?

Bryant: Yes, I think so. Any time you water down the law, it just makes it easier for immorality to become tolerated.

Playboy: Let’s say two adult men are caught in bed, fornicating. Under felony provisions, they could be sent to jail for 20 years. Do you think 20 years in prison would rehabilitate them?

Bryant: Why make it easy for them? I think it only helps to condone it and make it easier for kids who wouldn’t be so concerned if it were just a misdemeanor, whereas a felony might make them think twice, especially the younger ones.

Playboy: What if it doesn’t? Boys should spend 20 years in jail for one act?

Bryant: If they’re on good behavior and everything, and they really—

Playboy: What are you saying—that someone will be rehabilitated and turned away from homosexuality in prison? Surely, you know that prisoners are gang-raped routinely. Someone jailed on a homosexual charge is particularly vulnerable. You must know that.

Bryant: They’ll have plenty of time to think. Just because prisons are corrupt and not doing the right job in rehabilitation because they don’t have enough spiritual emphasis doesn’t mean that there should not be a strong punishment for that.

Playboy: Does punishment lead to redemption?

Bryant: It’s in the Bible.

Playboy: So for one sin, the sin of one man making love to another man, you would send them to jail? That’s the Christian approach?

Bryant: As a Christian, I know the only answer is the Gospel.

Playboy: If Bob told you to do something right now that was against the grain of your thought, would you simply submit to him?

Bryant: I might rebel against it—and I have many times—but, Biblically, I would submit, yes.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248374 Feb 19, 2013
Biblically Mother Teresa submitted. At least that's what she believed.

She went against her own conscience in the hopes that she would be saved and be a saint in heaven.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

Rev. Fr. Miranda will tell you what I said.—I spoke as if my very heart was in love with God—tender personal love.—If you were in place of Fr. Miranda—you have said—what hypocrisy. Most of the nuns thanked me for speaking.—I really did it because you wrote to do so.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248375 Feb 19, 2013
I'm hopeful that more and more often there are going to be people who previously trusted words in their bibles that are going to ask themselves ... "Did I believe what was true, or did I simply believe what I was certain was true?"

The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

1 Corinthians 6:9

Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

1 Corinthians 6:9

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248376 Feb 19, 2013
They needed soldiers to fight their religious wars, and they perceived that homosexuals were of no use to them in that regard.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

In his sermons against unchastity that he gave at the French court John Gerson (d. 1429) even invoked a decree of the Christian Emperor Vanentinian from the year 390 that punished homosexuality with burning at the stake (Codex Theodosianus 9, 7, 6). Gerson equates every action that thwarts the fertility of marital sex with homosexuality.(Sermon against Unchastity, 2nd Sunday in Advent, Works, vol. III, 916).
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#248377 Feb 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>'Oh!'
That happend last November.
I could tell when I filled up my car this morning.
So you appear to believe that your president has increased the cost of refined oil products and that the defeated contender would not allow such a thing.

It takes a mind capable of such magical thinking to believe the other erroneous ideas that you hold and promote.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#248378 Feb 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To some believers ... that word God is well worth killing for and dying for.
To others it's a word that has created nothing but division, animosity, torture, imprisonment and otherwise unnecessary deaths.
June

Some have another feeling about the word.

“Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, vile, polluted and grotesque is summoned up for me in that one word:

God!”

—Andre Breton, in a footnote published in his book, Surrealism and Painting, 1928
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248379 Feb 19, 2013
It's no wonder so many Muslim men want this Atheist put to death. They can't USE their religion to make her into one of their subservient wives with no rights of her own.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

In 2005, she was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.[5] She has also received several awards including a free speech award from the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten,[6] the Swedish Liberal Party's Democracy Prize,[7] and the Moral Courage Award for commitment to conflict resolution, ethics, and world citizenship.[8] In 2006 she published a memoir. The English translation in 2007 is titled Infidel.[9] As of 2012 Hirsi Ali is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a policy think tank, and lives in the United States.[10][11] She is married to British historian and public commentator Niall Ferguson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248380 Feb 19, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Some have another feeling about the word.
“Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, vile, polluted and grotesque is summoned up for me in that one word:
God!”
—Andre Breton, in a footnote published in his book, Surrealism and Painting, 1928
I never heard or read that one before.

When I was under the spell of religion I used to hope that the GOD of my dreams was only of the nature of love.

Now when I think of the word god, I think of the theologians that up to seventy years of my life (with their mind-bending words) managed to keep me in a constant state of confusion.

At last I'm free from their tactics to now rely only on what makes sense to me.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248381 Feb 19, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you appear to believe that your president has increased the cost of refined oil products and that the defeated contender would not allow such a thing.
It takes a mind capable of such magical thinking to believe the other erroneous ideas that you hold and promote.
I suggest you don't take much of what Jumper posts as serious stuff. He just likes to keep the forum moving along, sometimes with humor and sometimes by bugging people ... mostly me ... isn't that right Jumper?

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248383 Feb 19, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said 'He who's name shall not be spoken' did anything.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#248384 Feb 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't take much of what Jumper posts as serious stuff. He just likes to keep the forum moving along, sometimes with humor and sometimes by bugging people ... mostly me ... isn't that right Jumper?
Yea...thanks,I think.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248385 Feb 19, 2013
It's ironic.

Unless beliefs align with his dogmas, the pope is not FOR freedom. He would like nothing better than to ban homosexuality from the earth as an evil offense against "god." And he would like abortion to be made illegal and take freedom to choose away from women. And he would no doubt like to ban birth control if only he had his way.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Andrew Bennett, 40, a former federal bureaucrat and Ukrainian Catholic sub-deacon, has been named the first ambassador to head the Office of Religious Freedom, an agency the Conservative Party promised in the last federal election campaign.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248386 Feb 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea...thanks,I think.
You're welcome ... I think.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248387 Feb 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I never said 'He who's name shall not be spoken' did anything.

I have never seen so many words chasing one idea in such a way that nobody knows what the idea was.

John Diefenbaker
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#248388 Feb 19, 2013
Discovery that seals sleep with only half their brains may help unlock mysteries of human slumber: study

The animals, which sleep identically to humans while on land, pull a pretty neat brain trick to stay alert while asleep in the water: They shut down only half their brains.

Findings from the study, published this month in the Journal of Neuroscience, may help explain how the body’s systems allow the brain to remain alert during waking hours and go “offline” during sleep.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/02/19/disco...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 3 min NAS Memphis 44
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 26 min Agents of Corruption 10,359
News Gay couplea s home targeted by racist graffiti ... 42 min Pence of Tides 2
News Seven arrested in Egypt after raising rainbow f... 1 hr Pence of Tides 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 56,217
News Priest: 'All gays should be shot' 1 hr GAY BS BUSTER 20
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 3 hr Tyrone 62
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 3 hr GAY BS BUSTER 228
More from around the web