Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#244048 Dec 13, 2012
Note that according to dogma, Peter, the first pope was married.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

Another spokesman for the Gregorian Reform was the preacher of penance and opponent of women Peter Damiani (d. 1072). He thought that since Christ was born of a virgin, he also had to served by virginal souls in the celebration of the Eucharist. Only virginal hands should be allowed to touch the body of the Lord (De dignitate sacerdoti). As for the uncomfortable fact that Peter, the first pope, was married, the pious zealot for celibacy replied that “Peter washed away the filth of marriage with the blood of his martyrdom”(De perfectione monachorum).

Terrace, Canada

#244049 Dec 13, 2012
So if Peter was a Jew, and he was married, he must have also "married" a Jew.

No Catholics would have been allowed at THAT wedding.

How a Jewish pope became a saint is one those ill-begotten "miracles" ... no-doubt created by a the stroke of a pen.

Silly dogmas!
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#244050 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested that she read more uplifting literature. Guess she hasn't taken my advice.
Your idea of uplifting literature likely tends toward ancient fables, myths and tall tales.

Old tales such as of a virgin birth, people arising from the dead, winged sky people and supermen living above the earth.

You need to get more current story books--try the Harry Potter story series.

You may have to buy the Potter books rather than cadge your old story book from a motel room.

Terrace, Canada

#244051 Dec 13, 2012
Striving for perfection has been the backlash OF religion.

Humans are mortal animals and nothing can come of believing they should be ALL THAT!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Among the priests in question Gregory aroused open resistance. He was trying to force human beings to live like angels. And while he was flying in the face of the ordinary course of human nature, he was only promoting fornication. If he persisted in his approach, they would prefer to give up the priesthood than marriage, and then he might see where to get his angels to serve the Church (Hefele, V. 23-24).

Terrace, Canada

#244052 Dec 13, 2012

Archbishop Siegfried of Mainz took the Pope’s lead, but only with great hesitation (ibid., 25-26). He admonished the clergy to do “(voluntarily)” what they had to do, namely renounce either marriage or the priesthood, and assured them at the same time that the Pope was forcing him to take action in this way. The indignation of the priests was so great that some called for the desposition or, in a handful of cases, even the assassination of the archbishop, so as to discourage his successor from similar assaults on marriages.

Terrace, Canada

#244053 Dec 13, 2012

The archbishop sent messengers to Rome requesting the Pope to be less rigorous. But his plea was destined to go unheard. At the Synod of Mainz held in 1075 Bishop Heinrich of Chur appeared as the Pope’s plenipotentiary and ordered the archbishop to force his clerics to give up either their marriage or their office. Once again the protest was so furious that Bishop Heinrich went no further on the matter. There were similar protests in Passau against Bishop Altmann, who called priestly marriage a “vice” for which the penalty was eternal damnation (ibid., 27). The Bishop even became the target of physical attacks.

Terrace, Canada

#244054 Dec 13, 2012
If people would study religious history, they would see with clarity that the only "gods" were the ones on earth that simply wanted their rules to be followed ... posthaste!

Terrace, Canada

#244055 Dec 13, 2012

There were also protests in other countries, for example at the Synod of Paris in 1074. Almost all the bishops, abbots, and other clerics felt the Pope was in the wrong; and when Abbot Galter of St. Martin at Pointoise declared that the flock must follow the shepherd, there was an uproar. The priests spat on and beat the abbot, then threw him out (ibid., 28). And Archbishop John of Rouen, who held a synod in 1074 and threatened the married priests with excommunication, was driven out of the church with a hail of stones. Under his successor, Goisfred of Rouen, fistfights broke out in church over the question of celibacy during the synod of 1119.

Terrace, Canada

#244056 Dec 13, 2012
As all of that turmoil continued on and on, with the popes holding firm on the idea of celibacy, it's no wonder that when Martin Luther came up with his dogma of clergy being allowed to marry ... the stubborn Catholic heirarchy lost control of many followers, as the ex-Catholics "flocked" into the new Protestant religion.

Those Catholics were down-right tired of protesting against the law of celebacy of the popes, and in turn, chose to follow their NEW admirer ... Martin Luther.

The whole messy issue had nothing to do with a god. It was all about men following their own desires.

Terrace, Canada

#244058 Dec 13, 2012
celibacy

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#244059 Dec 13, 2012
So, only if we come to the same conclusions June does can we be seeing clearly. Amazing, how much she sounds like Daystorm, who thinks the exact same thing.

Terrace, Canada

#244060 Dec 13, 2012

The wives in question bore the brunt of all this, as can be seen from the following facts: As early as 1089 Pope Urban II, a successor to Pope Gregory VII, had stipulated at the synod of Melfi that when a subdeacon was unwilling to be separated from his wife,“the prince may enslave his wife”(Decretum Gratiani, pars II, dist. XXXII, c 10; Hefele, V, 175). In 1099 Archbishop Manasse II of Rheims granted permission to the Count of Flanders to imprison the wives of clerics (Hefele, V. 231). A London synod organized in 1108 by the famous Anselm of Canterbury, which attempted to impose celibacy with might and main, declared that the wives of priests were the property of the bishop (can. 10).

Terrace, Canada

#244061 Dec 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
So, only if we come to the same conclusions June does can we be seeing clearly. Amazing, how much she sounds like Daystorm, who thinks the exact same thing.
States the ex-Catholic as she rides on her witches silver broom of Wicca!

Silly woman!

Have you crossed paths lately with Gerald Gardner and corrected him about his homophobic goddess being null and void ... while your goddess of unconditional love is the REAL one???

Did you ask him if he came across the Catholic god that you fired, flying around on high???

:)

Terrace, Canada

#244062 Dec 13, 2012
Bitner changed her avatar ... but "blessed be" is still her motto!

Except of course, I don't get any of her blessings. I'm not worthy! I am in a class with the Wiccan-Zells who according to Bitner are also raving lunatics!

Bitner's makeup is quite a mystery. She claims she's not wise.

Not hot, and not cold ... like Goldilock's porridge ... JUST RIGHT!!!

Terrace, Canada

#244063 Dec 13, 2012
Canon often ran counter to previous Canon law. That is why there were three popes ruling at one time ... all vying for position to be top-dog in Canon-law rulings.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Around this time the popes had gotten fixed in their heads the notion that the marriage of a priest was simply invalid, although this idea ran counter to prevailing canon law.

Terrace, Canada

#244064 Dec 13, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about following the rules.
I volunteer to co-chair this public meeting,I put in my time,and gas to help out,and I think everything is going well.Then I start getting complaits about off topix subjects,unrulely interuptions,curseing,unsuperv ised children,sexual remarks about women.I never noticed any of those things,but I have to hear it from the person I took over from.
I'm suppose to take care of that stuff not him.
I'm not God but,I can't even imagine all the complaints he gets from people.
Which god do you think gets the most complaints???

Maybe you should take it to even a higher authority.

Maybe there's a Superior General god that rules over minor gods.

If it's male, I suggest you don't tell Bitner! Her silver broom is a wicked instrument in deed!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244066 Dec 14, 2012
More irrelevancies from the Extremist. I'm not surprised.

Quesnel, Canada

#244067 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
More irrelevancies from the Extremist. I'm not surprised.
Your irrelevancies are irrelevant to me.

Quesnel, Canada

#244068 Dec 14, 2012
Jumper wrote:
'Oh fudge.'
Stop swearing!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244069 Dec 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your irrelevancies are irrelevant to me.
That doesn't even make any sense.

You really think you're informing people of things they don't already know? You're not. Christians are aware that Peter was married. Most people are aware that the RCC didn't always require celibacy. Half of all Christians are even Catholic anyway. Just who do you think you're teaching? You really think it's going to drive people away from their faith? LOL, you're as bad as Daystorm, preaching your brand of bigotry in order to convert people. The two of you are exactly the same, extremists convinced that they know the only "true" way to believe, even if those beliefs differ between the two of you. And you really do believe that everyone must come to the same conclusions you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 3 min Reverend Alan 685
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Frankie Rizzo 3,962
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 5 min Gremlin 16
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 min KiMare 26,018
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 10 min Frankie Rizzo 8
Obama Friend, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested o... 11 min Nolan 13
Sore-loser! Pro-Duggar Petition Wins; Media Acc... 15 min eJohn 17
CBS Network's 'Home for the Holidays' Special W... 17 min Good Reverend 132
Obama backer faces sexual abuse charges 30 min Reverend Alan 113
Homosexuality 'promotes bonding' 33 min lgbt is silly 39