Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#246391 Jan 10, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Let the thread be dead.
Damn zombie threads! leave it alone!
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#246392 Jan 10, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumper, though we may not agree on everything (who does?)I just wanted to say hi.
Hi. I always thought we hit it off.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#246393 Jan 10, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Let the thread be dead.
If you want the thread to die, go away. If you post, you keep it alive.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#246394 Jan 10, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Well that would be the best thing for everyone involved in this affair,but as long as she stays confined to this thread,the good posters of topix can sleep at nights.
:)

Prince George, Canada

#246395 Jan 10, 2013
The words "I love God" has been uttered by many people, but from my perception, people often lie.

"Because I've been taught that bad things happen to people who deny the existence of a god, I'm terrified to not worship the image of a god" ... just might be the honest admission.

I suggest that you look around and you will see that the people who believe in gods suffer the same as the people who don't believe in gods. And my guess is, if there is a hereafter, the same type of nonsense would continue.

If after all your worship and begging for mercy didn't help you in this life, why do you reckon it would be of service to you in an afterlife?

The spoken words "I love God," might fool those in your group into believing you are sincere ... but then again ... recognizing what is true for them ... you just might NOT be able to fool them either!

And if there just happens to be a god, you sure couldn't fool that "all-knowing" god into believing that being frightened is equivalent to trust. Not a chance.

Prince George, Canada

#246396 Jan 10, 2013
Close to the end of the interview, concerning his belief in reincarnation, Richard Gere states that "'IF' he hasn't achieved liberation ... blah, blah, blah".....

As they preach down at the ones they believe are the "untouchables," the Brahmans have the same lofty attitude.

Prince George, Canada

#246397 Jan 10, 2013
Proverbs 9:10

Douay-Rheims Bible
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is prudence.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Fear was and is taught to be an honorable emotion.

Fear is what kept people tied to religious cults, and fear of punishment from a supposed god still holds people in religious cults to this day.

Fear and trust are at opposite ends of the emotional "scale."

Prince George, Canada

#246398 Jan 10, 2013
When I was still under the spell of religion, I was certain that "God" was of the character of unconditional love. But believing that I was not aligned in my terrible state of weakness and inability to be "perfect" to be acceptable to such a PERFECT one as the god, I didn't even pretend to love the god, but rather was mystified why a PERFECT god wouldn't design a realm with no suffering.

It made no sense to me. Now I understand WHY it made no sense to me. It was NONSENSE.

Prince George, Canada

#246399 Jan 10, 2013
If the god was perfect, the god would not have the inability to design a realm where suffering does not end. Perfection would not know OF suffering, so it couldn't design such a realm.

You can preach free will of humans ... but when you see a bee on the pavement struggling to free itself as it's dying from ants that are eating it while it is yet alive ... I suggest you go to your gut feelings and ask why a god would create such a realm of suffering.

If you don't ask such questions ... it is because you place more value on your own self-centered beings than you do on the suffering that continues 24/7 in all living creatures that are NOT tied by indoctrination to religious cults.

The onus to think beyond the teaching of your religious cult is on you!

There must be a better explanation than the sad excuse known to all people of the world as religion.

Prince George, Canada

#246400 Jan 10, 2013
Shark embryos 'freeze' to evade predators

Bamboo shark embryos developing in egg cases stay still to evade predators, scientists say.

On sensing danger, they "froze" and temporarily stopped breathing to avoid being detected.

Sharks use jelly-filled pores on their heads called electroreceptors to recognise other animals.

These highly sensitive receptors enable sharks to locate prey, predators or potential mates from minute bioelectric fields.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/20945543

Prince George, Canada

#246401 Jan 10, 2013
Scientists discover how to make fuel from sunlight

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340941#...

Prince George, Canada

#246402 Jan 10, 2013
Religion teaches that we suffer because we are sinners and offended "god," or, that we suffer because we fell short by choice of perfection and have to reincarnate until we finally once again become perfected.

Childish emotional sentiments of fools!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246403 Jan 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that claims your invisible god is real.
The burden of proof is on you.
I have my proof. You on the other hand say that atheists depend on proof. So where is your proof that He doesn't exist.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246404 Jan 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why people in religion believe they can dictate the supposed hereafter to their own whims depicts the arrogance of the human animal.
Other animals don't find such folly necessary, as their journeys are about how to survive, or to die trying.
You are welcome to live your life like an animal with no more thought to a spiritual word than they have. Why would you want to put such limits on your ability to think than to just rely on survival instincts?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246405 Jan 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many knights from the Knights Templar were tortured with the rack. The limbs collected from this and other punishments of the time were "emptied by the hundreds".
Sometime this method was limited to dislocating a few bones, but the torturer often went too far and rendered the legs or arms (sometimes both) useless. In the late Middle Ages, some new variants of this instrument appeared. They often had spikes that penetrated the victim's back - as the limbs were pulled apart, so was his spinal cord increasing not only the physical pain, but the psychological one of being handicapped at best, too.
http://www.medievality.com/the-rack-torture.h...
I see you reading material has lightened up.

Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure in immersing yourself in the horrors that people do to each other?

Prince George, Canada

#246406 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure in immersing yourself in the horrors that people do to each other?
If your god existed, that would be "his" delightful occupation!

Prince George, Canada

#246407 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to live your life like an animal with no more thought to a spiritual word than they have.
Non-human animals have much of which to be proud. Unlike humans, they don't torture and put each other to death in the quest of pleasing imaginary gods.

Prince George, Canada

#246408 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my proof. You on the other hand say that atheists depend on proof. So where is your proof that He doesn't exist.
The BURDEN of proof is on you. I'm not the one bragging about the existence of an invisible god.

Prince George, Canada

#246409 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my proof.
So far you have stated that those who don't believe in your "god" will be dead forever ... then you stated that they will maybe wander forever ... and meanwhile your pope claims they will burn in hell.

Your fantasies might entertain you ... but don't expect that I must be entertained by such stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#246410 Jan 10, 2013
Ink's equation IS ... "If I love GOD, GOD will love me ... period!"

It doesn't take much to please Ink! Not much at all!

Further thought is totally annoying to Ink!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 min who cares 14,571
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 39 min Wally 421
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 46 min Frankie Rizzo 38,369
News Trump's 'Make America Great Again' target of mi... 54 min Raydot 40
Little Robbie's Happy Place 1 hr Righteous Hetero 14
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... 1 hr Gay Scout Master 5
Is Little Robbie safe and sound? 1 hr Little Robbie Adm... 9
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 27
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 1 hr Mite Be 26
More from around the web