Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#246155 Jan 2, 2013
The belief in a devil is what created the hysteria.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Mather actually took the eldest of the children, 13-year-old Martha, into his home to make a more intense study of the phenomenon. Later scholars have suggested that this book in fact outlined the symptoms of clinical hysteria. It was this same hysteria that provided the behavioral model for the circle of "afflicted" girls during the trials in Salem. Mather, however, used his experience with Goodwins to further his notion that New England was in fact a battleground with Satan. Similar themes appear in his sermons and in the Preface to one of his children's books, in which he warns young readers: "They which lie, must go to their father, the devil, into everlasting burning; they which never pray, God will pour out his wrath upon them; and when they bed and pray in hell fire, God will not forgive them, but there [they] must lie forever. Are you willing to go to hell and burn with the devil and his angels?". Thus, the subject of eternal damnation weighed constantly upon Mather's mind, and it resonates in his own diary accounts. Scholars suggest that Mather's dramatic descriptions the devil's activity upon the young Goodwin children may have led to the first cry of witchcraft among the young girls in Salem Village.

http://www2.iath.virginia.edu/salem/people/c_...

Willow River, Canada

#246156 Jan 2, 2013
I suggest that the next time you go to listen to your preacher of religion, you think of this one word ... "GOSSIP!"

Your place of worship will never have the same meanings for you again. I guarantee it!

Even as a child, I used to watch the mouths of the preachers, and listen to the words that spewed from their mouths. None of it made sense to me ... but I was too young to recognize then that they were just spreading gossip.

Willow River, Canada

#246158 Jan 2, 2013
And to take the issue even farther ... I suggest that when you believe IN what you have been taught from your individual cults is true, and then express it as being based on truth ... YOU then become the gossip.

I know that I can't know the answers to mysteries. I can fantasize ... but I can't know.

When I share those words with you, I know that those words are true.

Willow River, Canada

#246161 Jan 2, 2013
This is, at least for now, the last post from this book. Whether or not you agreed with the author, is relevant only to you.

However we relate or don't relate to the words, it at least gives us all a different way of perceiving, and to realize that belief is a personal issue, but it should not be taken in too serious a manner ... as there are as many beliefs as there are people.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

At bottom the Church’s male celibate—but perhaps still more precisely because of—all their dogmatic elaborations about Mary have always passed her over as a person and as a real woman. They have seen her role in salvation history in their celibate fashion, and in this role they have bestowed on her miraculous attributes. They have hung this image, so alien to humanity, on the walls of their sterile masculine mental world.

Willow River, Canada

#246162 Jan 2, 2013

Willow River, Canada

#246164 Jan 2, 2013
Flim-Flam … by James Randi

Introduction

He does have a profession that is useful to his task. He is an accomplished professional magician and there is no trick or illusion that he is not aware of and prepared for—which is more than is true of those scientific innocents who, in dealing with fakery, are so eager to accept the surface appearance that they are easier to fool than children are (for children are, by nature, skeptical).

Isaac Asimov
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246165 Jan 2, 2013
Looks like you have been talking to yourself again for the last three hours. I guess you are the only one who will listen.

Willow River, Canada

#246166 Jan 2, 2013

Years of experience have taught me that I need not waste my time traveling to far places to deal with most contenders. I have established a method of preliminary testing that very quickly eliminates the weak contenders, and I’ve never had any complaints from the losers, though they invariably drag in the usual silly cop-outs to explain their failures. But in these strange pursuits, that’s to be expected.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Willow River, Canada

#246169 Jan 2, 2013
Having BEEN to the Philippine "healers," I'm not offended that James Randi believes they are fake.

One the supposed "healers" told me that what he did could be done simply by thought without ever physically touching people, but, that many people are skeptical of what they can't "see" with their own eyes.

Red flags should have gone up in my brain at that time ... but I so much wanted to believe it was based on fact that I never went farther with what could have been my own objective investigation.

Willow River, Canada

#246170 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
Looks like you have been talking to yourself again for the last three hours. I guess you are the only one who will listen.
My guess is Sherlayne is reading, and that is good enough for me.

The fact that YOU are not reading anything but what reflects your own belief back to you, is your choice.

However, I do believe you "sneak a peak" at what I post ... at least now and then.

:)

Willow River, Canada

#246171 Jan 2, 2013

I have witnessed many so-called spiritualistic séances, mind-reading demonstrations, and various other apparent miracles. I have tried to be objective in my observations and subsequent conclusions. At the time, I have also cast a healthy eye upon any activity during these performances that tended to indicate conjuring methods or just plain chicanery. My eye has had quite a workout.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246172 Jan 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is Sherlayne is reading, and that is good enough for me.
The fact that YOU are not reading anything but what reflects your own belief back to you, is your choice.
However, I do believe you "sneak a peak" at what I post ... at least now and then.
Just check once in a while to see if someone more interesting has posted. They haven't, I guess you scared them all away.

Willow River, Canada

#246173 Jan 2, 2013

I have been introduced to soothsayers in Thailand who brazenly attempted to bamboozle me with a paper-switching trick that has been used by conjurers in the West for a century. Denmark produced a mountebank who tried to fiddle me with a glowing horoscope describing a paragon of virtue and steadfastness; the chart was, unknown to him, drawn from the birth date, birth hour, and birthplace of a convicted and hanged rapist who had to his additional credit a string of misdeeds ranging from philandering to assault.

Willow River, Canada

#246174 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just check once in a while to see if someone more interesting has posted. They haven't, I guess you scared them all away.
I guess you're right Ink.

Willow River, Canada

#246175 Jan 2, 2013

In 1692 a French dowser named Jacques Aymar was hired by authorities to discover a murderer by swinging a pendulum. Apparently, it was believed that guilt was detectable by this means. Aymar is said to have led the officials to a nineteen-year-old hunchback who subsequently was “broken on the wheel”—a particularly unpleasant death much favored as punishment for unpopular people like hunchbacks. Whether Aymar’s success lay in the same tendency of police officials today to supply a list of suspects and then credit the “psychic” with the identification of the murderer, we will never know. But we do know that when Jacques Aymar submitted to tests administered in Paris by the Prince de Conde, he failed them all. Aymar could hardly have avoided the tests, since he had become a national celebrity and is still touted among the faithful as a powerful operator. One wonders what the executed youth thought of Aymar’s reputed powers.

Willow River, Canada

#246176 Jan 2, 2013

Willow River, Canada

#246177 Jan 2, 2013

The use of “psychic powers” in a court of law is not confined to medieval France. The city of Watkins Glen, near Binghamton, New York, apparently believes in such powers and encourages their use in the courtroom. A conjurer named Philip Jordan, whose claim to fame is that he performs the table-tipping trick and several other stunts right out of the catalog, has been retained by the police force and Public Defender’s Office to work for them in that city. He actually sits at the right hand of the Public Defender and, by measuring the “aura” around each prospective juror, decides whether that person is suitable to serve on the jury. Incredible? The trial judge saw nothing wrong with it.

Willow River, Canada

#246178 Jan 2, 2013

The Giggling Guru: A Matter of Levity

My friends thought I was nutty to … learn to levitate. It cost me a lot more than I thought, and look at me. I know now … it was a rip-off.”

Ruth Basillo TM student
Consumer magazine, Wellington, N.Z.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#246179 Jan 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Giggling Guru: A Matter of Levity
My friends thought I was nutty to … learn to levitate. It cost me a lot more than I thought, and look at me. I know now … it was a rip-off.”
Ruth Basillo TM student
Consumer magazine, Wellington, N.Z.
One of those darn Pagans tried to get me banned again.
I had to switch over. Do you see this post?

Delta, Canada

#246180 Jan 3, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>One of those darn Pagans tried to get me banned again.
I had to switch over. Do you see this post?
You must have been doing something very naughty Jumper!!! I don't think that I'm getting the whole story from you.

Were you trying to levitate AGAIN??? We KNOW how that went the last time ... DON'T WE? You can only wreck a certain amount of furniture before others become annoyed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US Navy ship to be named after late gay rights ... 5 min OHMYGAWD 13
We Need Another Orlando 8 min Calvin 1
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 22 min Junket 11,006
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 48 min Khan 1,155
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 51 min Lil Sweet 437
News The Men Kissing to Fight Anti-Gay HateBy Samant... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 17
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr TerriB1 244
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr heck yeh 15,054
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,685
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 2 hr johnson1 29
More from around the web