Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,424)

Showing posts 208,461 - 208,480 of219,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

A generation ago in the Arctic Quebec community of Kangiqsualujjuag a government officer was explaining the virtues of hard work and efficiency to a rather polite Inuit audience. During his talk the enthusiastic official used the expression “time is money” and the interpreter, confused but compliant, translated this gem of capitalistic wisdom as “a watch costs a lot!” Inuktitut indeed has no word for time, not, at least, in the abstract, regimented sense commonly understood in Western industrial society.

John MacDonald

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

And stories, whether mythical or historical, timeless or temporal, never exist in isolation. They are linked to other stories, forming a timeless or temporal web.

Robert Bringhurst

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

We Spiritualists, or Spiritists—we call ourselves both, or either—never ask anybody to believe us. If they do, well and good. If not, all right. Our attitude simply is that facts are facts. There they are; believe them or not as you like. As I said the other night, in conversation with Aristotle and John Bunyan and George Washington and a few others, why should anybody believe us?

Stephen Leacock
Zozo

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Hey! Benetic thats very vital

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Thanks for that! Never came across that before!
OK which one are ya?? I can't decide if the bulb needs to be changed!
Ah, well, I'm on a cusp.

I can't decide if the lightbulb needs to be changed, but once I DO decide, I clean the socket, polish the bulb, install it, and get an engineer to check the work ;-D

My husband is a Leo, and that punchline is RIGHT on the money :)

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, well, I'm on a cusp.
I can't decide if the lightbulb needs to be changed, but once I DO decide, I clean the socket, polish the bulb, install it, and get an engineer to check the work ;-D
My husband is a Leo, and that punchline is RIGHT on the money :)
So true of Leo! But they are easy.....keep the compliments coming and they will be just fine!

I have Virgo rising.....so in a social event all has to be PERFECT once I decide to take on a social event!!!!! I drive myself absolutely flipping crazy, so I can only imagine what you go through on a cusp situation!! LOL

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true of Leo! But they are easy.....keep the compliments coming and they will be just fine!
I have Virgo rising.....so in a social event all has to be PERFECT once I decide to take on a social event!!!!! I drive myself absolutely flipping crazy, so I can only imagine what you go through on a cusp situation!! LOL
Yeah, I'm a disorganized perfectionist. I want everything in it's place, but am too disorganized to decide WHERE it should go, lol. Add to that a Moon in Scorpio, and Aquarius rising, and I'm a mess!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Sexuality

English Canadians: Puritanism touched by orgy./ French Canadians: orgy tainted by Puritanism.

William Ferguson

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Sexuality is a scary thing. It cuts to the core of who we are and how we see the world.

Allan Gould

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

To science, not even the bark of a tree or a drop of pond water is dull or a handful of dirt banal. They all arouse awe and wonder.

Jane Jacobs

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Now it happens that inconsistencies and puzzles in science are like oxygen to my blood! My entire philosophy of science is predicated on the motto that anomalies are gateways to discovery.

Rand Flem-Ath

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Actually, the Mounted Police were formed to protect the Indians from the wild settlers.

Pierre Berton

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Retirement

I went home, discussed it with the boys, put them to bed. I walked until midnight in the storm, then I went home and took a sauna for an hour and a half. It was all clear. I listened to my heart and saw if there were any signs of my destiny in the sky, and there were none—there were just snowflakes.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Religion developed to spare men against their consciences.

Harold Adams Innis

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm a disorganized perfectionist. I want everything in it's place, but am too disorganized to decide WHERE it should go, lol. Add to that a Moon in Scorpio, and Aquarius rising, and I'm a mess!
Let my get this straight.....Libra on the cusp of Virgo, Aquarius rising and Scorpio moon?

HOLY shlt Bit!! Don't know what else to say!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

The word Savage was a handy word for whites to use against the natives. Yet it was the whites that stole the lands and forced their religion on the natives.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Religion

The beliefs of savages are a veritable chaos. Not only do they vary from one place to another so that, for instance, along the shores of British Columbia scores of different religious systems can be found over a distance of a few hundred miles, but within the same tribe even various individuals will give widely divergent views on religious subjects. Within the mind of the same native even the most varied and contradictory opinions live together. It seems extremely probable that this diversity in space is paralleled by a similar diversity in time.

Denis Saurat.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Thou shalt go forth to Upper Canada and shalt find a prepared people and they shall receive thee.

Herbert C. Kimball, elder in the newly formed Mormon church in upstate New York, April 1836, dispatching Elder Parley P. Pratt to carry the church’s mission to Toronto.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Many times I've been the subject of the attitude "I pity you, that you can't see the truth, as I see it!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Pity is never free from contempt.

Robin Skelton

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

To strive for perfection is to kill love because perfection does not recognize humanity.

Marion Woodman

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let my get this straight.....Libra on the cusp of Virgo, Aquarius rising and Scorpio moon?
HOLY shlt Bit!! Don't know what else to say!!
Told you, I'm a mess! LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 208,461 - 208,480 of219,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••