Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
208,321 - 208,340 of 219,424 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 7

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat the question, where does it say that a christian god sends non christians to burn in hell?
The pope!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from 32 years ago.
Yes. That is what occurs when abortion is illegal, or when women can't get TO clinics to have their abortions by legal means.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in your idea of hell. You have taken an extremist idea that you like and are digging your teeth into for all you're worth. God is love, forgiveness and mercy. As I have said before, your ideas are just plain ugly and have no reflection on Christ.
Maybe you are correct in that the latest interpretation of god's absolute truth is that hell is only a separation from god.

Well now ... that will make me happy, as I am already separated from this god. I beat this god to the draw! How "about" THAT?

Most people don't usually get one over on any of those gods.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

But if they take hell out of the picture, what is left in the theory BUT heaven?

That doesn't seem so bad. I can then sing the old song ... "Heaven's just a sin away!"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

It pays to modernize and clean up religious language.

Hell is no longer an actual inferno. It's "simply" a separation from god!

God has grown in his ability to see more light.

He used to be a very dark character in deed!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Russell’s charge that Christ is "partly responsible" for the doctrine of everlasting punishment which "gave the world generations of cruel torture" cannot be dismissed lightly as the fruit of an agnostic mind. If Christ really taught that the saved will enjoy eternal bliss while the unsaved will suffer eternal torment in hellfire, then we would have reason to question the moral integrity of His character. It is hard to imagine that the God whom Jesus Christ revealed as the merciful "Abba–Father" would wreak vengeance on His disobedient children by torturing them for all eternity!

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/imm...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

From my perception, if a god pushed his own children away, or punished them for being disobedient, the god would deserve to spend the rest of eternity by "himself."

If I believed in him, I would say "To hell with him!"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

From my perception, up until the following pope changed the dogma by his own will, all the previous popes taught that hell was actual flames that would burn offenders for eternity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Response to july 29 1999/pope john/ hell is not a place/state of being/cnn channel 30

Tres interesante!

Papal audience of Wednesday, July 28, 1999

The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted. They show the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

They either had it wrong back then, or they have it wrong NOW! And maybe both of their assessments were completely wrong in that there is no such thing AS hell, or heaven, or god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

It is such a longing, I believe, that is encouraging theologians today to revise the traditional view of hell and to propose alternative interpretations of the scriptural data.

Clark Pinnock

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Imagine the horror parents felt when their unbaptized babies died, and the parents were certain that the babies were burning in hell.

It's too late to go back and change the harm caused by preachers.

But it's not too late to stop trusting that today they tell truth.

Not too late at all! But the choice must be yours.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Something powerful to ponder…
"Always See The Big Picture"

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their
Tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says,'Kemo Sabe, look
Towards sky, what you see?'

'The Lone Ranger replies,'I see millions of stars.'

'What that tell you?' asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says,'Astronomically speaking,
It tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.

Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo.

Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter
Past three in the morning.

Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.

Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What's it tell you, Tonto?'

"You dumber than buffalo. It means someone stole the tent."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat the question, where does it say that a christian god sends non christians to burn in hell?
"In Christian literature," writes William Crockett, "we find blasphemers hanging by their tongues. Adulterous women who plaited their hair to entice men dangle over boiling mire by their neck or hair. Slanderers chew their tongues, hot irons burn their eyes. Other evildoers suffer in equally picturesque ways. Murderers are cast into pits filled with venomous reptiles, and worms fill their bodies. Women who had abortions sit neck deep in the excretions of the damned. Those who chatted idly during church stand in a pool of burning sulphur and pitch. Idolaters are driven up cliffs by demons where they plunge to the rocks below, only to be driven up again. Those who turned their back on God are turned and baked slowly in the fires of hell."5

Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
It pays to modernize and clean up religious language.
Hell is no longer an actual inferno. It's "simply" a separation from god!
God has grown in his ability to see more light.
He used to be a very dark character in deed!
Your idea of the future after death is hell to me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine the horror parents felt when their unbaptized babies died, and the parents were certain that the babies were burning in hell.
It's too late to go back and change the harm caused by preachers.
But it's not too late to stop trusting that today they tell truth.
Not too late at all! But the choice must be yours.
Actually the Church used to think that unbaptized babies were in a place called limbo, not burning in hell. You are so hung up on this hell thing. I don't think it is good for you to be so consummed with the thought.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

The more cautious approach of Luther and Calvin did not deter later prominent preachers and theologians from portraying hell as a sea of fire, in which the wicked burn throughout eternity. Renowned eighteenth-century American theologian Jonathan Edwards pictured hell as a raging furnace of liquid fire that fills both the body and the soul of the wicked: "The body will be full of torment as full as it can hold, and every part of it shall be full of torment. They shall be in extreme pain, every joint of them, every nerve shall be full of inexpressible torment. They shall be tormented even to their fingers’ ends. The whole body shall be full of the wrath of God. Their hearts and bowels and their heads, their eyes and their tongues, their hands and their feet will be filled with the fierceness of God’s wrath. This is taught us in many Scriptures...."6

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ah, no "tman", huh?

I guess he realized that he couldn't make an argument about the woman's supposed "responsibility" to continue a non-threatening pregnancy without resorting to religion.

So much for his claim. And his debate challenge. It was what....all of six posts?

LOL.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
The more cautious approach of Luther and Calvin did not deter later prominent preachers and theologians from portraying hell as a sea of fire, in which the wicked burn throughout eternity. Renowned eighteenth-century American theologian Jonathan Edwards pictured hell as a raging furnace of liquid fire that fills both the body and the soul of the wicked: "The body will be full of torment as full as it can hold, and every part of it shall be full of torment. They shall be in extreme pain, every joint of them, every nerve shall be full of inexpressible torment. They shall be tormented even to their fingers’ ends. The whole body shall be full of the wrath of God. Their hearts and bowels and their heads, their eyes and their tongues, their hands and their feet will be filled with the fierceness of God’s wrath. This is taught us in many Scriptures...."6
Luther and Calvin?

Sounds like an old racist radio show.

You come up with the crazyest subjects!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and Calvin?
Sounds like an old racist radio show.
You come up with the crazyest subjects!
Religion is an old racist radio show, where "truth" was always a no-show.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Church used to think that unbaptized babies were in a place called limbo, not burning in hell. You are so hung up on this hell thing. I don't think it is good for you to be so consummed with the thought.
You really need to get out of your bible and study history from other points of view.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence….We have borne in the Church for sixteen centuries the fruits and weights of the greatness and weakness of Saint Augustine. Page 50.

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following………….

Although I was slavish, there were, however, some articles in my faith which troubled me, because they contradicted natural feeling; for example, the eternal damnation of children dead without baptism. Having lost a little brother who had not received this sacrament, it was very painful to me to believe that this poor dear soul was for ever deprived of the sight of God; but this and some other revoltings of my reason, or rather my heart, I smothered directly by this terrible answer:“The Church has said it; an anathema to the man who contradicts the Church.” Such had been my education, that it is often a mystery to myself to understand how I could get rid of my superstitions

From the book … Pearl S. Buck—My Several Worlds … published 1954.

Infant damnation, a horrid idea from which I am happy to say all Christians have now recovered, was nevertheless in those days still part of the normal creed. My mother, having lost four beautiful little children, was raised to fury at the very mention of any child descending to hell.

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Baptism

It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea of the future after death is hell to me.
That's only because you are certain that you are already "saved" by a belief in Jesus.

I don't believe anyone has to be saved from anything, as I believe all people are whole just as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••