Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217512 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#246917 Jan 21, 2013
aussiejohn wrote:
Do you ever get the feeling that, maybe no body's listening?
You're here ... aren't you ... or is the Devil using your fingers to satiate his own pleasures?

:)

Surrey, Canada

#246919 Jan 21, 2013
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

“I was driving once with a group of poor Mexican-American women,” she said,“and we passed a car with a bumper that said Abortion is Murder. By the time we reached our destination every single woman in that car had admitted to having an abortion. They were scared to tell their husbands they were pregnant and scared to tell them they wanted abortions. They had no options. Socially and economically they saw no way out.”… Barbara Grizzuts Harrison,“Hers,” The New York Times, May 8, 1980.
aussiejohn

Madrid, Spain

#246920 Jan 21, 2013
whoa there sport, easy with the satan references, whats with that?

That said, can't fault your logic. I am here, so there you go, someone was listening! Got me.

In fairness i haven't read much of your posts, i was just impressed by the sheer quantity. However, from what i've seen, i think you are preaching to the converted. ie. No body thinks abortion is a great idea, but it should be the woman's choice and when chosen is almost always the least worst outcome.(If i've misunderstood your views apologises.)

Surrey, Canada

#246921 Jan 21, 2013
Who would expect a pope that is well fed ... pampered at his every move, to understand the plight of women, overburdened by too many children and no way to feed or nurture them?

What reason would he have to care about those women on earth, when his total focus is concerned with their worth to a god in a hereafter?

Theologians go on about their own BUSINESS, as they take their dogmas as all important to themselves, and all too often run ram shod over the ones they expect to follow their interpretations of what they are certain is either holy or evil.

They don't deserve respect, and from me they will receive no respect.

Surrey, Canada

#246922 Jan 21, 2013
Many physicians with the following intent sent desperate women to Dr. Morgentaler.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

After it became legal, I tried performing them for a while. But when I’d get home I’d feel rotten. And yet I absolutely feel it’s a woman’s right. So now if a patient wants one I refer her to someone else, someone I know is skilled and reasonably priced. Does that make me a hypocrite?

William P. Given, M.D., New York Hospital; Professor, Cornell Medical School

Surrey, Canada

#246923 Jan 21, 2013
aussiejohn wrote:
whoa there sport, easy with the satan references, whats with that?
That said, can't fault your logic. I am here, so there you go, someone was listening! Got me.
In fairness i haven't read much of your posts, i was just impressed by the sheer quantity. However, from what i've seen, i think you are preaching to the converted. ie. No body thinks abortion is a great idea, but it should be the woman's choice and when chosen is almost always the least worst outcome.(If i've misunderstood your views apologises.)
I've been on this thread for years. I paid my dues of being labeled as a witch, a bitch, a heretic, a demon, a devil, a liar, mentally ill, extremist, and a lot of other terms of endearment from those who disagreed ... and had and have every right TO disagree.

Welcome to the thread, and please add whatever fits for your beliefs.

Surrey, Canada

#246924 Jan 21, 2013
Boys WILL be boys. Just let them PLAY ... sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Delhi gang rape suspects 'did not mean to murder'

The men accused of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Indian student, who died from horrific internal injuries inflicted by an iron rod, did not intend to kill her and are not guilty of murder, one of their lawyers claimed as their trial began.

Had they intended to kill the victim, they would have strangled her or attacked another of her vital organs, advocate AP Singh, who is acting for two of the five defendants, said outside the court on Monday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

Surrey, Canada

#246925 Jan 21, 2013
I watch varying judge shows, and notice that many of them add their religious-terminology to their lectures.

Many times those they are judging are single mothers, poor ... not only in the sense of education, but poor in concern with money.

The judges strike me as arrogant, as in "Look at ME ... I have money and a good position in life ... It's your own fault that you are where you are."

Human nature is nothing of which to be proud, and yet, in most all cases, pride seems to be the ruling factor.

Surrey, Canada

#246926 Jan 21, 2013
In the case of the Delhi gang-rape, had the iron-bar been pushed into the woman's brain, the men would have been perceived as intentionally causing the woman's murder.

But because they pushed it into her sex-related female organs ... it is not perceived by many in the same way.

After all ... women's sex-organs were, and in many cases ARE perceived, as the root of evil.

Religion is often never far away from the scene of crimes.

Surrey, Canada

#246927 Jan 21, 2013
From my perception, if women had penises and men had vaginas, and the women were physically stronger than men ... it would be the men that would be raped.

Let's make no mistake about the issue that women in power can be as cruel as any man that ever lived upon the earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Bloody Mary Queen Mary 1st (1518-1558)

The first woman to be crowned ruler of England, Queen Mary I reigned through a brief period. Her marriage to Prince Philip of Spain caused Parliamentary dissent and rebellion. She forced England back to Roman Catholicism in a vile manner. She ordered the so-called Marian Persecutions, the execution of countless religious dissenters especially Protestant leaders; thus the epithet “Bloody Mary.”

Surrey, Canada

#246928 Jan 21, 2013
Good Queen Bess Queen Elizabeth 1st (1533-1603)

Her nickname “Good Queen Bess” proves to be improper because of her bad behavior. Forget about Cate Blanchett’s excellent portrayal. Queen Elizabeth was as cruel as any ruler could get.

If Queen Mary brought England back to Roman Catholicism, Elizabeth suppressed it in the cruelest way possible. She had thousands of Catholics in Ireland and England murdered. She may have done good things as regards to parliament, it doesn’t take away the fact that she was an evil tyrant. She even ordered piracy and raiding of Spanish ships. She was also heavily involved in slave trading movement as she sponsored slavers to capture Africans. She also gave Queen Mary of Scots refuge but she kept her prisoner for 19 years before finally killing her.

Surrey, Canada

#246929 Jan 21, 2013
WOMEN IN THE INDIAN JUDICIARY
By Justice Hima Kohli

In the legal field in earlier times, law was a profession, which was mostly chosen
by a woman, who either had a father or a brother or a husband well ensconced in the
legal fraternity. It was therefore relatively easy for the daughter of the house to join the
chamber of her father or family member without having to worry about breaking the glass
ceiling in a male-dominated profession. It was highly unusual to see a woman without a
background of law stepping into this profession and excelling. In fact, most women were
discouraged from taking this step by their families. It gives me great pleasure to say that
today that is no longer true. Women in all courts big or small, and in all cities across the
country are shining with their brilliance and giving a tough competition to their male
counterparts.

On a more personal note, in my case, there was none in my immediate family, who was remotely connected with the legal profession.

http://sowlindia.com/upload/SpeechJusticeHima...
towncrier

Alpharetta, GA

#246930 Jan 21, 2013
Hitler was gay, took female hormones

Newly discovered notes from a U.S. Army interview of former Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler doctors reveal that the madman had homosexual tendencies, did not sleep in girlfriend Eva Braun's bedroom, and was doped up with multiple drugs including female hormones.
Written in erratic shorthand, Army interrogator Herman Merl, a Vienna-born medical technician enlisted to interview Hitler's doctors, Karl Brandt and Theodor Morell, scribbled "Homosex" in his notebook where he sized up the mass murderer's sexuality.

He then wrote: "Eva Braun = separate rooms" before adding "female hormone - injection 50,000 units." Elsewhere he wrote, "His sexual life and intercourse with Eva Braun was told to me."

The notebooks are going up for auction later this month at one of the nation's leading sellers of historical artifacts, Alexander Historical Auctions of Chesapeake City, Md. Alexander has offered other important Third Reich relics, including a tea set from Hitler's mountain hideaway and Josef Mengele's diaries. Often the items are sold to Jewish collectors and museums.

Merl's notes further confirm other post-war interviews with Hitler's caretakers that he was "hysterical," a "megalomaniac," and suffered from several ailments, notably flatulence for which he took drugs to stop passing gas. He also suggested that Hitler had Parkinson's disease.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/nazi-doctors-...

Surrey, Canada

#246931 Jan 21, 2013
towncrier wrote:
Hitler was gay, took female hormones
Newly discovered notes from a U.S. Army interview of former Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler doctors reveal that the madman had homosexual tendencies, did not sleep in girlfriend Eva Braun's bedroom, and was doped up with multiple drugs including female hormones.
Written in erratic shorthand, Army interrogator Herman Merl, a Vienna-born medical technician enlisted to interview Hitler's doctors, Karl Brandt and Theodor Morell, scribbled "Homosex" in his notebook where he sized up the mass murderer's sexuality.
He then wrote: "Eva Braun = separate rooms" before adding "female hormone - injection 50,000 units." Elsewhere he wrote, "His sexual life and intercourse with Eva Braun was told to me."
The notebooks are going up for auction later this month at one of the nation's leading sellers of historical artifacts, Alexander Historical Auctions of Chesapeake City, Md. Alexander has offered other important Third Reich relics, including a tea set from Hitler's mountain hideaway and Josef Mengele's diaries. Often the items are sold to Jewish collectors and museums.
Merl's notes further confirm other post-war interviews with Hitler's caretakers that he was "hysterical," a "megalomaniac," and suffered from several ailments, notably flatulence for which he took drugs to stop passing gas. He also suggested that Hitler had Parkinson's disease.
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/nazi-doctors-...
Why a person such as Hitler, who was trying to put on a male macho image would take female hormones is about the most ludicrous claim YET!

And the idea that he was insane because he was gay is what you choose to believe, or you wouldn't post such drivel!

However, the authors of such junk will probably make mega-bucks off of gullible believers such as you.

Surrey, Canada

#246932 Jan 21, 2013
This is long but needs to be seen and shared.

If you haven't watched this history documentary on the topic of what has happened in countries with strict gun control, I suggest that you do and share it with others.

Surrey, Canada

#246933 Jan 21, 2013
There's no doubt in my mind that Hitler's sexuality was completely messed up in his own mind, but my guess is, it was more to do with his Catholic upbringing that anything else.

Many Catholics were messed up at the idea that sex except for procreation was a major SIN and even sex FOR procreation was not meant to be enjoyed, as it offended GOD!

Stupid theologians!!!

Surrey, Canada

#246934 Jan 21, 2013
than anything else

Surrey, Canada

#246935 Jan 21, 2013
National Catholic Reporter

Experts reject homosexuality as risk factor

(“Neither homosexual nor heterosexual orientation is a risk factor,” they said,“but rather, disordered or confused sexual orientation is a risk factor.”)

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/vatican -...

Surrey, Canada

#246936 Jan 21, 2013
Wherever there was religion, there was a self-professed theologian with a HUGE ego!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Western Catholicism from Charlemagne to Joachim of Floris

In 1074, one year after his election, Gregory VII decreed dismissal of simoniac priests and those who were married or had concubines. In 1075 he published a collection of twenty-seven propositions, the Dictatus Papae, in which he proclaimed the independence of the papacy and the Church vis-à-vis lay powers, offering “to establish a pontifical theocracy”(Jacques Le Goff, in Histoire des Religions, 1972, vol. 2, p.813). We cite the most audacious propositions:“1: The Roman Church has been founded by the Lord alone. 2. Only the Roman pontiff is justly called universal. 12. It is permitted to him to depose emperors. 19. He cannot be judged by anyone”(ibid., p. 814).

Surrey, Canada

#246937 Jan 21, 2013
History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Muhammad and the Unfolding of Islam.

On the evolution of the legend of Muhammad and the veneration of the Prophet as a superhuman being, see Pareja, pp. 553—54 bibliography.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min lides 18,209
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min lides 40,257
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 21 min RalphB 32
So whips the forum sniveler?.. 21 min Left of centre 6
Poll I troll the gay/lesbian forum because... (Dec '08) 22 min Left of centre 32
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 38 min Left of centre 15
Straight Cafe 40 min Left of centre 3
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Left of centre 68,990
More from around the web