Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,415)

Showing posts 208,281 - 208,300 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "meant" to be personal.
I perceive you are a pompous arrogant bore!
That's interesting. From what I've seen most people say the same about you. I'm one of them.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Abortion Statistics

One woman dies every 7 minutes around the world due to an unsafe illegal abortion. Women who undergo illegal abortions are those who are very poor and do not have access to family planning facilities for education and prevention of unwanted pregnancies

Making abortion illegal or legal has no effect on the total number of abortions performed in the world. Making abortion legal dramatically reduces maternal morbidity and mortality.

Nearly 50% of pregnancies that occur yearly are unwanted with nearly ˝ of those pregnant women terminating their pregnancy. In essence; 42 million choose to terminate their pregnancy with close to half of those (20 million) being illegal.

http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>That's interesting. From what I've seen most people say the same about you. I'm one of them.
I understand!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

The medical staff often refuses to help and will even harass women about their botched abortion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The lie was deliberate. The woman's death was medical malpractice.
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I would not sue the physicians, as from my perspective they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The law confused them about what choice to make.

They were not malevolent in any sense of the word. My guess is, they did their best, and no one can do better than his/her best.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I would not sue the physicians, as from my perspective they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The law confused them about what choice to make.
They were not malevolent in any sense of the word. My guess is, they did their best, and no one can do better than his/her best.
No, medically they did NOT do their best. And THAT is what malpractice IS, Moron.

Please, stop pretending you care about women being safe. Obviously, you do not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
The medical staff often refuses to help and will even harass women about their botched abortion.
How is THIS any different from medical staff refusing to do everything they can to help a woman survive her miscarriage? HOW, Fraud?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How is THIS any different from medical staff refusing to do everything they can to help a woman survive her miscarriage? HOW, Fraud?
In America abortion is legal, and physicians feel comfortable that the law (for the most part) will protect them.

In Ireland, where abortion is illegal, the law-makers could (on a whim) easily remove the licences of the physicians if they, according TO the law makers, make the wrong decisions.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, medically they did NOT do their best. And THAT is what malpractice IS, Moron.
Within the "confines" of the law, I believe the physicians did their best.

And I believe that from past discussions with you ... you are eager to sue.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

When performed by qualified Physicians and medical personnel appropriately trained about the medical and surgical abortion techniques, it is a relatively safe and necessary procedure. In the United States, for example, the death rate for abortion is currently 0.6 per 100 000 procedures, making it as safe or safer than receiving an injection of penicillin.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Lack of money ranks very high.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Not for the child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In America abortion is legal, and physicians feel comfortable that the law (for the most part) will protect them.
In Ireland, where abortion is illegal, the law-makers could (on a whim) easily remove the licences of the physicians if they, according TO the law makers, make the wrong decisions.
AND, another article you didn't read fully. It wasn't talking about the US, Moron, but in countries where abortion is illegal. By the way, it's NOT illegal in Ireland if the woman's life is in danger. And the gov't cannot second guess the physicians. All it takes is for the doctor to decide.

Your outrage is false, given that you are fine with the situation in Ireland, which is the same, with the only differences being that one was about botched abortions, and the other was about spontaneous abortion, AND the fact that I was objecting to the latter, and you can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You prove daily what a fraud you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the "confines" of the law, I believe the physicians did their best.
And I believe that from past discussions with you ... you are eager to sue.
Deflection. Nothing but deflection from you, that last part. I've never sued anyone, but this situation merits it.

The law allows THEM to decide if it's an emergency situation. It was, and they LIED to the woman, and told her they COULDN'T do anything for her. That is not ANYONE'S best.

And the truly pathetic part of this whole thing is that you'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it's ME objecting, and you just can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You're a cowardly fraud.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Not for the child.
It's ever so easy for you who doesn't have to make the tough choices!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection. Nothing but deflection from you, that last part. I've never sued anyone, but this situation merits it.
The law allows THEM to decide if it's an emergency situation. It was, and they LIED to the woman, and told her they COULDN'T do anything for her. That is not ANYONE'S best.
And the truly pathetic part of this whole thing is that you'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it's ME objecting, and you just can't bring yourself to agree with me.
You're a cowardly fraud.
Then what you are stating is that they ended her life by intention.

I don't believe you.

Your answer if too cut and dried!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what you are stating is that they ended her life by intention.
I don't believe you.
Your answer if too cut and dried!
No, that is not what I'm stating. Learn to read.

SPEAKING of reading, it's not MY answer. It's the facts of the case as given in the article, AND of the laws in Ireland that YOU posted a link to. Obviously, YOU failed to read either fully.
tman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

There is nothing wrong with being gay. Yet there is also nothing wrong with being pro-life or Catholic. As a straight pro-life Catholic I treat gays like anyone else. I'm not mean to them nor do I treat them better than everyone else. They, like me, are human. The church isn't waging a war because the church, which has been around for over 2000 years, accepts gays and tries to help scared women who are seeking abortion. The only war that I'm seeing is on the Church itself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not what I'm stating. Learn to read.
SPEAKING of reading, it's not MY answer. It's the facts of the case as given in the article, AND of the laws in Ireland that YOU posted a link to. Obviously, YOU failed to read either fully.
The consultant said,‘As long as there is a foetal heartbeat we can’t do anything’."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/abortion-laws-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 208,281 - 208,300 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 39,913
Lesbian police chief with 20 years service is s... 3 min Fire in Odessa 24
The Give R1 A Whippin Thread 16 min Amos 5
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 23 min Amos 66,970
Racist, rabid-right Republicans 33 min Fa-Foxy 52
B: The Forgotten Letter in LGBT 42 min Chance 23
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 1 hr lides 279
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... 1 hr Hug a Tortoise 9,493
•••