Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
208,281 - 208,300 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22

Since: Apr 08

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like our experiences as recovering catholics were much a like!
I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!
I hear you! I would totally freak out if a CC priest came anywhere near me in my last hours, I guess I would equally freak him out considering the language I would use against him!! LOL!! I would not be able to help myself :)
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.

I felt for the longest time I've been living in this Catholic enclosure like a box. It was a very comforting place to be.
Everything is black or white. They are no grays even to think or suggest there could be I would believe it was the devil tempting me.
Now when I questioned the teachings of the Catholic Church about stuff like birth control, homosexuality or even gays in the priesthood etc...I find myself out of that Catholic box and treated as a threat to all who follow strongly the Catholic teachings.

I'm learning not to let it get to me.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
June
On balance, religion is positively EVIL !!
I don't believe in evil, as that word smacks of religion. But I certainly don't believe that re-lying on religious fantasy ... one's own, or what has been handed down from others, leads up to anything good.

HIstory proved over and over and over, that those who created religious fantasies, always favored their own fantasies over the religious fantasies of those in other cults ... and no amount of modern thinking can change that ancient blight that still imposes itself on humanity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is greatly abused :(
Religion can't BE abused. It has no power in and of itself.

It is the right-fighters in cults that bring it to life with their false images of gods and goddesses.

Wicca is a prime example. Gardner's goddess was a homophobe. He created the goddess that way so she would reflect his own homophobic belief.

All human-creators of images created religion by the same "tokens" of arrogance.

They looked in their mirrors, and said to themselves ... "This is the way it ought to be, and "I" will go forth and see that it comes to pass!!!"

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.
Estelle ... Morgana DID come from the same Catholic background as did you ... and now she puts faith in tarot cards.

Do you agree that that is a good idea?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Many people hop and bounce from one religious practise to another, The attitude for many of the discontents is explained as, "It might be fine for others ... but it didn't fit for me."

Maybe a song to express such sentiments is in order.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

tarot gone wrong

I have been a reader for 16 yrs. Last summer I decided to start charging 20 dollars a reading to help me get through the summertime. Then I read for someone I barely knew. She was incredibly nice and very open to it, but I worked with her and I was a little nervous. I read her cards and told her that she would not have children for a very long time, if ever. I felt so bad that the reading was so heartbreaking for her that I offered to read her again since I may have been wrong cause I was so nervous. I read her again a month later, same results. Then 3 months later, she was pregnant. This happened over a yr ago and it has been very hard to get over that reading and continue to do readings. I decided to stop charging (I had not charged for 15 yrs) but I still have problems with confidence ever since. It was the only reading I had ever done that was just completly wrong.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/u/ua/tarot/Worst...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Estelle ... Morgana DID come from the same Catholic background as did you ... and now she puts faith in tarot cards.
Do you agree that that is a good idea?
Exactly where did I say I put "faith" in Taro cards?

Definition of FAITH

a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

Actually I collect them.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
Actually I collect them.
It's very simple. You and Estelle were getting along. June can't stand it when other posters get along. So, since your words as they were could not be used in an attempt to make you and Estelle argue about something, June twisted them into something she thought she could use.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

The world renowned psychic Sylvia Brown informed parents that their young son was dead. He was very much alive.

I suggest that those who claim to see in a clear manner, might believe they are right, when they could be very wrong.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
You gave that impression when you stated the following verbatim ... "I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!"

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
Actually I collect them.
And now I "get" what you meant. You tried to scare the religious ones away by bringing out the Tarot cards that you were certain would offend them.

Gothcha!... My misinterpretation of what you meant. I apologize.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave that impression when you stated the following verbatim ... "I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!"
That may have been the impression YOU got, but that's because you're skewed, and have no sense of humor. It wasn't the impression she gave.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I usually explain if I mean things as sarcasm, or tongue-in-cheek, or as a joke, etc., so that others will know my intent.

Written language is indeed tricky, as there are no facial expressions, or tones of voice to take into consideration of what the person means to express.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
I usually explain if I mean things as sarcasm, or tongue-in-cheek, or as a joke, etc., so that others will know my intent.
Written language is indeed tricky, as there are no facial expressions, or tones of voice to take into consideration of what the person means to express.
It a'nt not easy to do.

“Trolls in love with Peaches!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Peaches passing thru. Any problems let me know!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>It a'nt not easy to do.
It's not easy for me anyway.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Peaches from Houston wrote:
Peaches passing thru. Any problems let me know!
How are things in the land of the sock-puppets???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt for the longest time I've been living in this Catholic enclosure like a box. It was a very comforting place to be.
Everything is black or white. They are no grays even to think or suggest there could be I would believe it was the devil tempting me.
Now when I questioned the teachings of the Catholic Church about stuff like birth control, homosexuality or even gays in the priesthood etc...I find myself out of that Catholic box and treated as a threat to all who follow strongly the Catholic teachings.
I'm learning not to let it get to me.
Sorry Estelle. My mistake about Morgana's intended use of Tarot cards.

I misunderstood.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not easy for me anyway.
'Yea---somebodies in my tater pach! Done went and took my woman from me! Been mistreated baby,Lordy,Lordy feel like I'm gona cry!'

'Oh baby standing in the doorway wait'in for you to come a'round.

You treat me so low-down,won't you come back home to me!'

Rice Crispy Jumper 2012

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>'Yea---somebodies in my tater pach! Done went and took my woman from me! Been mistreated baby,Lordy,Lordy feel like I'm gona cry!'
'Oh baby standing in the doorway wait'in for you to come a'round.
You treat me so low-down,won't you come back home to me!'
Rice Crispy Jumper 2012
AHHH well ... I suggest that you look at this way. If they can't see the good in you, you can at least see the bad in them!

Therapy class from time immemorial!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••