Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#243804 Dec 9, 2012
If fear was removed from religion ... and the gods loved everybody ... people could not use images of gods to control others through fear.

Fear and control go hand in hand.

And if the gods love everybody without judgment on behavior ... then the gods are not necessary.

Prince George, Canada

#243805 Dec 9, 2012
From Ink's philosophy, god's love is only available if people accept the love.

Homosexuals of the Christian religion WANTED and WANT to accept the love ... but the god apparently does not allow "his" love to flow into homosexuals.

There goes Ink's philosophy ... all shot to "hell."
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243806 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't either, for a different reason than yours. I don't believe in the existence of such a creature.
You simply refuse to believe in the scriptures that indicates such brutality on behalf of your imaginary god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
God wants homosexuals put to death
ASV:(American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Darby:(J.N. Darby Translation, 1890): "And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them."
ESV:(English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
HNV:(Hebrew Names Version): "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
KJV:(King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
LB:(Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves."
NASB:(New American Standard Bible): "'If {there is} a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. "
Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves." 1
NIV:(New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
NKJV:(New King James Version) "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
NLT:(New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."
RSV:(Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them
Leviticus is full of rules and laws that seem pretty silly today.

It may have served a purpose to hold the tribes together and protect it's continued existance but as you know, my religion is based on the teachings of Christ.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#243807 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
And as usual, Bitner will not comment on anything I post from history, as she is determined to be right, right, right.
It's defense of her cult that matters ... nothing else registers, and hasn't since I started studying Wicca.
Now she'll probably reply with her usual ... that I'm a lying sack of shit.
Yes, because you are.

One, I DID comment on what you were posting. YOU made the comment about the philosophers, and I responded.

Two, YOU are the one who brought up Wicca, which has NOTHING to do with the conversation. I didn't bring it up, for any reason, let alone in it's "defense".

You ARE a lying sack of sh*t.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#243808 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner ignore this idea, as it doesn't "bolster" her defence of Wicca.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Diotima of Mantinea (Latin: Diot&#299;ma, Greek: &#916;&#953;&#959; &#964;&#943;&#956; &#945;) is a female philosopher[1] who plays an important role in Plato's Symposium. Her ideas are the origin of the concept of Platonic love. Since the only source concerning her is Plato, it is uncertain whether she was a real historical personage or merely a fictional creation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diotima_of_Manti...
WHAT "defense", Liar? YOU brought Wicca into a discussion that it has NOTHING to do with.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#243809 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I used to be accused of persecuting the Christians.
I'm surprised Bitner hasn't accused me of religious persecution against Wicca.
I guess that smacks of too much of Christian-tactics for Bitner ... so she just sticks to referring to me as a lying fraud. OH, I forgot ... a mentally ill, lying fraud.
:)
Yes, you are. I didn't bring up Wicca, Lying Fraud. YOU did. ONLY you. It had nothing to do with what I was discussing. Neither, by the way, does Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

#243810 Dec 9, 2012
Philo was a Greek Jewish philosopher. He, along with others, laid the foundation for homophobia ... and note that his reasons had nothing in common with homosexuality offending one god ... or many gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

” Philo, who thought like a Greek about many things, was altogether Jewish in his aversion of homosexuality:“One must proceed ruthlessly against these men, in accordance with the prescription of the Law, that the effeminate man, who falsifies the stamp of nature, should be killed without hesitation, and should not be allowed to live a day, indeed not for an hour, since he shames himself, his house, his fatherland, and the whole human race … because he pursues unnatural pleasure and for his part works toward the desolation and depopulation of the cities … when he destroys his seed”(On the Individual Laws 3, 37-42).

Prince George, Canada

#243811 Dec 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT "defense", Liar? YOU brought Wicca into a discussion that it has NOTHING to do with.
AWWWW I suggest you go for a flight on your silver broom, or play with others that go for your foolishness!

The world does not revolve around you and Wicca ... your fluff-bunny nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#243812 Dec 9, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus is full of rules and laws that seem pretty silly today.
Jehovah was supposedly Jesus' father. I suggest that you don't refer to his supposed words as "pretty silly."

After all, Jehovah created evil and an evil god could punish you ... JUST LIKE THAT!

Ridiculous blather.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#243813 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWW I suggest you go for a flight on your silver broom, or play with others that go for your foolishness!
The world does not revolve around you and Wicca ... your fluff-bunny nonsense.
Again, YOU are the one who brought up Wicca, not me, you lying sack of sh*t.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243814 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In view of the Scriptures I just posted, you DARE to speak of love of a god???
You are a fool that plays to your own folly!
Again, Christianity teaches that God sent His only Son to pay the price for all mankind. That's love.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243815 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah was supposedly Jesus' father. I suggest that you don't refer to his supposed words as "pretty silly."
After all, Jehovah created evil and an evil god could punish you ... JUST LIKE THAT!
Ridiculous blather.
You left off the rest of my post on purpose.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243816 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
From Ink's philosophy, god's love is only available if people accept the love.
Homosexuals of the Christian religion WANTED and WANT to accept the love ... but the god apparently does not allow "his" love to flow into homosexuals.
There goes Ink's philosophy ... all shot to "hell."
Are you talking about any particular individuals?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243817 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ink would have to remove the dogma of the devil and hell and the god that approves of the devil and hell from the Christian religion, to make it into a cosmetic imitation of anything resembling love.
It's too late for such shenanigans. Much too late. The damage has been done!
No I don't.

Prince George, Canada

#243818 Dec 9, 2012
If a physician came up with such nonsense today, my guess is, the physician would be the laughing stock of most everyone, and rightfully so.

I doubt that a woman ever would have written such nonsense at any era in history.

And AGAIN ... no mention of offending one or many gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Ancient Taboo Against Menstrual Blood and It’s Christian Consequences

One particular taboo of Antiquity that Christianity went along with prohibited intercourse with a menstruating woman. Philo, like the physician Soranus of Ephesus (second century A.D.), argues that conception cannot take place during menstruation, and so he forbids intercourse with menstruating women. Fresh menstrual blood, he says, keeps the womb moist, and “Moisture not only weakens the vitality of the seed, but totally cancels it”(On the Individual Laws, 3, 6, 32). If a man lies with a woman having her sickness, and uncovers her nakedness, he has made naked her fountain, and she has uncovered the fountain of her blood; both of them shall be cut off from among their people.”

Prince George, Canada

#243819 Dec 9, 2012
I fail to understand why those philosophers are by ANY people of this era, considered as being "brilliant."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In Antiquity both Jews and pagans were convinced that menstrual blood was, in effect, poisonous. But whereas for Philo the menses damaged semen so that conception could not occur, the Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder (d. 79 A. D.) maintained that sex with a woman having her period was forbidden because children conceive during menstruation were sick, or had purulent blood serum, or were born dead (Natural History, 7, 15, 87.).
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243820 Dec 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I fail to understand why those philosophers are by ANY people of this era, considered as being "brilliant."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
In Antiquity both Jews and pagans were convinced that menstrual blood was, in effect, poisonous. But whereas for Philo the menses damaged semen so that conception could not occur, the Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder (d. 79 A. D.) maintained that sex with a woman having her period was forbidden because children conceive during menstruation were sick, or had purulent blood serum, or were born dead (Natural History, 7, 15, 87.).
My moma never had no kids that lived.

Prince George, Canada

#243821 Dec 9, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>My moma never had no kids that lived.
Did she abort YOU???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#243822 Dec 9, 2012

Around the year 200 the Church Fathers Clement of Alexandria (d. 215?) and Origen (d. 254)[echoed two centuries later by Jerome (d. 420) claimed that children conceived during menstruation were born impaired. As Jerome wrote:“When a man has intercourse with his wife at this time, the children born from this union are leprous and hydrocephalic; and the corrupted blood causes the plague-ridden bodies of both sexes to be either too small or too large”(Commentary on Ezekiel 18, 6).

Prince George, Canada

#243823 Dec 9, 2012
Science took the fear out of such teachings by exposing the teachings as misconceptions put forth by ignorance.

But still there are those that are certain SOME religious and health concepts taught by the ancients MUST have been based on truth.

These trusting ones are the leftovers that insist on "keeping the faith."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

“Whoever has relations with his wife during her period,” warns Archbishop Caesarius of Arles (d. 542),“will have children that are either leprous or epileptic or possessed by the Devil (Peter Browe, Beitrage zur Secualethik des Mittelalters, p. 48). In his encyclopedia work Etymologies, which was widely read for hundreds of years, Isidore of Seville (s. 636) states that “ After touching [menstrual blood] fruits do not sprout, blossoms fade, grasses wither … iron rusts, brass turns black, dogs that taste it get rabies”(Browe, p. 2). Like Philo, Isidore thought that the damage done to semen during menstruation made conception impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What It Was Like at the First Gay Rights Demons... 3 min Stand Down 95
News Woman Files Federal Suit Against All Gays 5 min NorCal Native 16
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 6 min Rosa_Winkel 2,472
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 15 min WeTheSheeple 574
News Watch these LGBT activists win a rare victory a... 15 min Baptistism by Proxy 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 17 min spellmeout 14,657
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 17 min NoMo 3,169
Are the mods fair and balanced? 32 min NE Jade 848
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 40 min Nine Ball 59,634
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 20,750
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 1 hr Mikey 52
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 169
More from around the web