Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216668 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247582 Feb 2, 2013
I received the following email this morning ... "Fred Phelps brings alive an age-old truism - we all need someone to look down on."

I agree with the truism that we all need someone to look down on.

Fred Phelps looks down on most people of the world as evil ... and I look down on Fred Phelps as a theological boor and bore of immense magnitude.

Looking down on others is a lot of fun!

:)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247583 Feb 2, 2013
There were times however when Mary almost seemed to admit that as was she, the priests were not UP for sainthood.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Post # 61725
Mary Hammond wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad but then "Hell is paved with priests' skulls." -- St. John Chrysostom
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247584 Feb 2, 2013
My question to Mary went "unanswered."

It seemed that "silence" was her answer.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

And my answer to Mary’s post.

"So, are you stating that your priests went to hell???"
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247585 Feb 2, 2013
If we couldn't look down on the perceptions of other people ... how could we place trust in the idea that our own perceptions are right?

I value the feeling that my perceptions are superior to the perceptions of Fred Phelps.

If it's wrong then it's wrong ... but it sure feels right. Actually it feels "real" GOOD!

I'd like to lock dear old Fred and his saintly daughter Shirlie in a room with some serious-minded Muslims that could show them the meaning of REAL bullying!

My guess is that before the break of the next dawn, heads would roll, and it wouldn't be the heads of the Muslims.

I'm just joking of course. The devil hasn't tempted me as YET to place value on such a nasty fantasy.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247586 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you also enjoy keeping company with the pope?
Probably not.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247587 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant fool who would throw the woman under the bus to cover up for the fact that your Catholic religion is responsible for her death.
Ever hear of facts? Prove what you say and I will agree with you. Until then, we don't know.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247588 Feb 2, 2013
So if priests are actually in hell ... are the popes that covered up for the crimes of the priests ALSO in hell???

Golly gee ... I really hope there aren't any hells ... as the many theologians taught was based on truth.

Wake up people ... on not.

The onus is on you.

Do you want your children and grandchildren to believe as you believe ... to fight with others to defend the leaders of cults???

Is that what you WANT for society ... no new beginnings ... no breaking down the walls created BY the leaders of the cults?

The choice is yours.

If you allow into your thoughts that if theologians had not taught of hells, there would be no religion ... as the opposite of hell is heaven, nirvana ... etc.... you will see that they needed hell-seeds implanted in thoughts to frighten believers, that in turn supported their lusts for the comforts of kingdoms on earth.

You will see what you want to see, and keep in mind that you are the only ones responsible for your thoughts.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247589 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of facts? Prove what you say and I will agree with you. Until then, we don't know.
Your "facts" are only facts to you.

Perceptions are another matter.

I have the perception that Ireland is governed by Catholic dogma to the extent that the fetuses are more important than the lives of the women ... and that you go along with the dogma as you have so often expressed on this forum when you want abortion to be made illegal ... period.

All your lusts and cares are for your own salvation.

From my perspective, you are a shallow being that lusts for bliss in a supposed afterlife and doesn't give a rat's ass how many women suffer on earth for lack of health care when they have abortions.

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247590 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not.
So if the pope showed up in your town, are you claiming you would't want to kiss his ring and his ever-so-holy butt???

I don't believe you!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247591 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "facts" are only facts to you.
Perceptions are another matter.
I have the perception that Ireland is governed by Catholic dogma to the extent that the fetuses are more important than the lives of the women ... and that you go along with the dogma as you have so often expressed on this forum when you want abortion to be made illegal ... period.
All your lusts and cares are for your own salvation.
From my perspective, you are a shallow being that lusts for bliss in a supposed afterlife and doesn't give a rat's ass how many women suffer on earth for lack of health care when they have abortions.
Facts are facts especially in court where this will probably play out. We will see what happens.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247592 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the pope showed up in your town, are you claiming you would't want to kiss his ring and his ever-so-holy butt???
I don't believe you!
You don't believe anything. What's new?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247593 Feb 2, 2013
Did you ever hear the term "Religious inspirational books?"

What they really mean is that the books will teach you how to believe you are holy and others are evil, or that you are close to nirvana and others are "untouchable."

That is what they teach as "inspiration."
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247594 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe anything. What's new?
If I swallowed your nonsensical dogma, you would be certain that I believed everything of importance to this world and the next.

If I was a Muslim would you believe that I was holy, even though Jesus has no USE for Muslims???

Silly woman!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247595 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts especially in court where this will probably play out. We will see what happens.
Facts are not facts in court. The judges just go by the laws in the specific countries.

My guess is, the laws put forth by Catholics in Ireland (in this case (as it did in all others) will favor Catholicism.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247596 Feb 2, 2013
In the storybook version most of us learned in school, the Pilgrims came to America aboard the Mayflower in search of religious freedom in 1620. The Puritans soon followed, for the same reason. Ever since these religious dissidents arrived at their shining “city upon a hill,” as their governor John Winthrop called it, millions from around the world have done the same, coming to an America where they found a welcome melting pot in which everyone was free to practice his or her own faith.

The problem is that this tidy narrative is an American myth. The real story of religion in America’s past is an often awkward, frequently embarrassing and occasionally bloody tale that most civics books and high-school texts either paper over or shunt to the side. And much of the recent conversation about America’s ideal of religious freedom has paid lip service to this comforting tableau.

From the earliest arrival of Europeans on America’s shores, religion has often been a cudgel, used to discriminate, suppress and even kill the foreign, the “heretic” and the “unbeliever”—including the “heathen” natives already here. Moreover, while it is true that the vast majority of early-generation Americans were Christian, the pitched battles between various Protestant sects and, more explosively, between Protestants and Catholics, present an unavoidable contradiction to the widely held notion that America is a “Christian nation.”

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...
Follow us:@SmithsonianMag on Twitter
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247597 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I swallowed your nonsensical dogma, you would be certain that I believed everything of importance to this world and the next.
If I was a Muslim would you believe that I was holy, even though Jesus has no USE for Muslims???
Silly woman!
Where did you get that silly idea?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247598 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are not facts in court. The judges just go by the laws in the specific countries.
My guess is, the laws put forth by Catholics in Ireland (in this case (as it did in all others) will favor Catholicism.
Everyone gets a chance to prove their case.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247599 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone gets a chance to prove their case.
In Iran do you think a homosexual would be able to prove a case that would keep the homosexual from being put to death?

Catholics killed innocent people for centuries as heretics and witches. The courts followed the laws put into place by members of the Catholic hierarchy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Four alleged gay men sentenced to death in Iran

Four men in a southwestern province in Iran have been sentenced to death for “sodomy," according to a recent report by the Human Rights Activist News Agency (HRANA).

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/325019#ixzz...

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#247600 Feb 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get that silly idea?
From what you post ... SILLY!

It's quite obvious that you believe you know the way to bliss in an aferlife, and all that is holy on earth that will lead to making your dreams of grandeur come true for you.

So it follows that if I believed as you believe you would be persuaded that I was "brilliant."

As it is, you believe I am choosing to go to hell.

You are quite the piece of self-serving ... work!

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#247601 Feb 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In Iran do you think a homosexual would be able to prove a case that would keep the homosexual from being put to death?
Catholics killed innocent people for centuries as heretics and witches. The courts followed the laws put into place by members of the Catholic hierarchy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Four alleged gay men sentenced to death in Iran
Four men in a southwestern province in Iran have been sentenced to death for “sodomy," according to a recent report by the Human Rights Activist News Agency (HRANA).
We are talking about modern Ireland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twitter Blasts Ex-Google Employee Who Says Bein... 9 min NE Jade 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 30 min Respect71 53,705
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 36 min Mullahing It Over 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 8,391
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 552
FrEAkY ArCHiVeS 3 hr Medium Stinky 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 4 hr neighbor 2,202
News Gay Sex: Two-thirds of Men Aren't Wearing Condoms 4 hr Dennis 11
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 4 hr DaveinMass 37
More from around the web