Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#245666 Dec 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But according to Christian dogma, is I commit suicide, I will burn in hell.
Some choice HUH???
Ain't we got fun???
:)
But that shouldn't affect you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#245667 Dec 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do believe that I am trying to antagonize?
I am evil ... you are holy
I am antagonistic ... you are benevolent
I am lost ... you are saved
And on and on and on ... as all the favor goes to Ink ... the "humble" servant of "god."
IMO you are not evil, you do antagonize, and no one is lost if they are still alive.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#245668 Dec 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics were the first Christians, so any Christian religion that came after Catholicism was TWISTED.
For instance ... the first Catholics put others to death as heretics.
People are no longer following the TRUTH as it stood then.
Religion drove many people insane ... and it's easy to understand WHY!
The Catholics were the first apostate religion. Jesus spoke about false religion coming on the rise after the death of the apostles. So it makes sense why you're so upset with religion. I don't blame you.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#245669 Dec 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe your supposed god exists ... so there is no reason for me to believe he demanded anything.
That mindset FALLS on you!
Do you believe that Pontius Pilot existed?
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#245670 Dec 28, 2012
Correction: Pontius Pilate...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#245671 Dec 28, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe that Pontius Pilot existed?
They have found his name engraved on stone.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#245672 Dec 28, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe that Pontius Pilot existed?
No!

I believe all those fictional characters in supposed holy books were created by mortal men.

One group of fiction-authors tied their tales in with the tales of previous groups, and on it tumbled, down through century after century.

Theologians wrote the most ignorant nonsense, and yet, were able to pass much of it off as messages straight from deities.

Ignorance can't go beyond itself.

Quesnel, Canada

#245673 Dec 28, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They could engrave any old name on a stone, but that doesn't mean that the person existed.

The word Jesus has had a lot of AIR-play, but that doesn't mean he was a man that actually lived on earth.

After all, an empty tomb means nothing to the ones that want proof. And the bible is not proof that any of the characters actually existed.

Quesnel, Canada

#245674 Dec 28, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholics were the first apostate religion.
The word apostate comes from you to slander the Catholics AS apostates, so that your JW cult can be top notch in YOUR mind.

Manipulation is common to those who want their way to be THE ONLY way!

The Catholics were the first scammers to write the word Christian, and all other Christian scammers came later.

Quesnel, Canada

#245675 Dec 28, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO you are not evil, you do antagonize, and no one is lost if they are still alive.
I don't believe in your supposed god so that means I am evil to dedicated Christians.

If I agreed with you, you would not find me antagonistic. So the problem lies in you.

And according to dedicated Christians, if I do not accept Jesus as my savior ... I am lost on earth and will be also forever lost in the hereafter.

Your theology needs a slight tuneup!

Quesnel, Canada

#245676 Dec 28, 2012
Jumper wrote:
You might have drove half of them to it out of flustration.
OH button up Jumper!!! Those priests committed suicide long before I was an evil babe in my mother's womb!

Quesnel, Canada

#245677 Dec 28, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you just say stuff to antagonize. In other words, you lie.
What have your words to do with my post?

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the existence of Jesus ... but if he did exist, he would not be saving Christians ... he would be with the Jews preaching Judaism somewhere in the sky.

Quesnel, Canada

#245678 Dec 28, 2012
Nuttier than fruitcakes!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

For Luther, anyone who commits suicide is possessed by the devil—which also removes personal responsibility for the act. On 1 December 1544, writing about a women who had been possessed by the devil and who had killed herself, Luther declared that the minister who buried her must not be criticized, for the woman might be considered the victim of an assassination committed by Satan.

Quesnel, Canada

#245679 Dec 28, 2012
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

These authors also used the voluntary death of others as a proof of divine approbation of their own form of religion. Foxe, for instance, spoke of the suicides of “papists and apostates,” concluding that the Church of England was blessed by God.

Quesnel, Canada

#245680 Dec 28, 2012
If you stay you might die a slow emotional death, and if you leave you are shamed and shunned.

When they don't get their own way, people in power are not kind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sadly many Jehovah’s Witnesses have chosen to commit suicide rather than endure the shame of being disfellowshipped by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. If you doubt that then simply google “Jehovah’s Witness suicide” and see how many hits you get. My own father-in-law committed suicide as a former circuit overseer and elder. Depression and psychological problems are quite common in the Jehovah’s Witnesses as the following article will confirm:

http://thewatchtowerfiles.com/spiritualronin

Quesnel, Canada

#245681 Dec 28, 2012
These were the men that followers counted on to tell them truth ... straight from a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Around the turn of the century Belgian theologians led the way in attacking the system of “tolerant silence.” They maintained that even the mothers of the newly married girls had to be asked whether they had advised their daughter to “be on their guard.” In particular, the leading moral theologian of his day, the Belgian Arthur Vermeersch (d. 1936), sounded the battle cry. If her husband proposed to use a condom during intercourse, the wife is obliged to resist until she is physically overpowered or until she sacrifices “a fair equivalent to life.” The wife is obliged to defend herself against her husband as if he were a rapist. She must be prepared to put up with the consequences, namely “no joy or happiness in the family, breakdown of marriage, willful desertion, divorce.” As Vermeerch said,“why should one find it terrible that marital chastity, like all Christian virtues, demands its martyrs”(ibid., p. 432). Vermeerch’s directive to wives was included in the previously mentioned Vatican decision of June 3, 1916.

Quesnel, Canada

#245682 Dec 28, 2012
Humor

A young couple wanted to join the church, the priest told them,'We have a special requirement for new member couples.
You must abstain from sex for one whole month.'

The couple agreed, but after two-and-a-half weeks returned to the Church.
When the priest ushered them into his office, the wife was crying and the husband was obviously very depressed.

'You are back so soon...Is there a problem?' the priest inquired.
'We are terribly ashamed to admit that we did not manage to abstain from sex for the required month.' The young man replied sadly.

The priest asked him what happened.
'Well, the first week was difficult... However, we managed to abstain through sheer willpower.

The second week was terrible, but with the use of prayer, we managed to abstain.

However, the third week was unbearable. We tried cold showers, Prayer, reading from the Bible....anything to keep our minds off Carnal Thoughts.

One afternoon my wife reached for a can of paint and dropped it.
When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with lust and I just had my way with her right then and there.
It was lustful, loud, passionate sex. It lasted for over an hour and when we were done we were both drenched in sweat,' admitted the man, shamefacedly.

The priest lowered his head and said sternly,'You understand this means you will not be welcome in our church.'

'We know,' said the young man, hanging his head,'We're not that welcome at Homedepot, either.'

Quesnel, Canada

#245683 Dec 28, 2012
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Give him religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

Timothy Jones

Quesnel, Canada

#245684 Dec 28, 2012
When the white missionaries came to Africa, they had the Bible and we had the land. They said,'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land.

Desmond Tutu
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#245685 Dec 28, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Little Robbie safe and sound? 2 min Sherman 37
Little Robbie's Happy Place 4 min Huey 39
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 24 min Trumping On 67
News Clooney's restraining order 1 hr stoned luck aka ... 23
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Terra Firma 14,607
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 10,938
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 1 hr Wondering 36
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,405
More from around the web