Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#243583 Dec 5, 2012
What type of person does it take to brag up their own religion???

Prince George, Canada

#243584 Dec 5, 2012
From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

Introduction

But let’s return to what I did in order to create Women and Madness. First, I interviewed the real experts: women who had been psychiatric and psychotherapy patients. I interviewed white women and women of color, heterosexual women and lesbians, middle-class women and women on welfare, women who ranged in age from seventeen to seventy, women whose experiences in mental asylums and therapy spanned a quarter century coast to coast.

Prince George, Canada

#243585 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what Jesus had to say. He is all that counts.
That is what you perceive as "reality."

I have a different perception.

Prince George, Canada

#243586 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what Jesus had to say. He is all that counts.
The Witness of Jesus

Did Jesus Teach Eternal Torment? Traditionalists believe that Jesus provides the strongest proof for their belief in the eternal punishment of the wicked. Kenneth Kantzer, one of the most respected evangelical leaders of our time, states:"Those who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord cannot escape the clear, unambiguous language with which he warns of the awful truth of eternal punishment."22

Australian theologian, Leon Morris, concurs with Kantzer and emphatically states: "Why does anyone believe in hell in these enlightened days? Because Jesus plainly taught its existence. He spoke more often about hell than he did about heaven. We cannot get around this fact. We can understand that there are those who do not like the idea of hell. I do not like it myself. But if we are serious in our understanding of Jesus as the incarnate Son of God, we must reckon with the fact that he said plainly that some people will spend eternity in hell."23

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/imm...

Prince George, Canada

#243587 Dec 5, 2012
All people in religion favor their own images.

It's only "natural."

Prince George, Canada

#243588 Dec 5, 2012
Whether people in this era want to lighten up the idea of hell as being watered down from the good old days of blazing hellfire and damnation ... it remains that the teaching of hell is about some form or other of punishment.

It's certainly not a teaching of "reward."

And therein LIES the problem. A god that wreaks eternal punishment on his already weakened "subjects" ... cannot BE a god of love.

The two ends of the spectrum will never meet, as from the time when men wrote the dogmas, they lied ... and the lies are plain to those who want to see.

Prince George, Canada

#243589 Dec 5, 2012
Now Billy preaches that people don't have to be Christian for Jewish-Jesus to welcome them into Christian heaven.

From my perception, he was and IS a blathering arrogant fool!!!

Prince George, Canada

#243590 Dec 5, 2012
It's too late to "remodel" those words written by ignorant men. TOO LATE! If it was true then, it must be true now. Don't try to fancy it up to please your own "sensitivities." That is dishonest!

If it's your belief, you must either accept it as truth, or reject the whole "performance" as being based on lies.

You can't compartmentalize truth, as truth must be ONE WHOLE intact package! Truth doesn't split into pieces.

God cannot be love and at the same time, punish his own creation as occurs in the following scriptures.

To believe such nonsense, you make liars out of your selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

What Is Hell–Gehenna? Before looking at Christ’s references to hell–gehenna, we may find it helpful to consider the derivation of the word itself. The Greek word gehenna is a transliteration of the Hebrew "Valley of (the sons of) Hinnon," located south of Jerusalem. In ancient times, it was linked with the practice of sacrificing children to the god Molech (2 Kings 16:3; 21:6; 23:10). This earned it the name "Topheth," a place to be spit on or aborred.26 This valley apparently became a gigantic pyre for burning the 185,000 corpses of Assyrian soldiers whom God slew in the days of Hezekiah (Is 30:31-33; 37:36).

Jeremiah predicted that the place would be called "the valley of Slaughter" because it would be filled with the corpses of the Israelites when God judged them for their sins. "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when it will no more be called Topheth, or the valley of Hinnom, but the valley of Slaughter: for they will bury in Topheth, because there is no room elsewhere. And the dead bodies of this people will be food for the beasts of the air, and for the beasts of the earth; and none will frighten them away" (Jer 7:32-33).

Prince George, Canada

#243591 Dec 5, 2012

Introduction

It is inconceivable, outrageous, but that is all Elizabeth T. Stone (1842), of Massachusetts, and Elizabeth Packard (1860), of Illinois did: express views that angered their brothers or husbands. Phebe B. Davis wrote:“It is now 21 years since people found out that I was crazy, and all because I could not fall in with every vulgar belief that was fashionable.”
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243592 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Witness of Jesus
Did Jesus Teach Eternal Torment? Traditionalists believe that Jesus provides the strongest proof for their belief in the eternal punishment of the wicked. Kenneth Kantzer, one of the most respected evangelical leaders of our time, states:"Those who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord cannot escape the clear, unambiguous language with which he warns of the awful truth of eternal punishment."22
Australian theologian, Leon Morris, concurs with Kantzer and emphatically states: "Why does anyone believe in hell in these enlightened days? Because Jesus plainly taught its existence. He spoke more often about hell than he did about heaven. We cannot get around this fact. We can understand that there are those who do not like the idea of hell. I do not like it myself. But if we are serious in our understanding of Jesus as the incarnate Son of God, we must reckon with the fact that he said plainly that some people will spend eternity in hell."23
You didn't present exactly what Christ said about hell. Until you do we are only talking about other's impressions and I only take Christ's word.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243593 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what you perceive as "reality."
I have a different perception.
My reality, faith, belief, whatever you want to call it. I don't believe what a lot of zealots say on either side. My life and my questions lead me to believe that there is a God.

Prince George, Canada

#243594 Dec 5, 2012

Introduction

In her work on behalf of both mental patients and married women, Elizabeth Packard proposed, as her first reform, that:“No person shall be regarded or treated as an Insane person, or a Monomaniac, simply for the expression of opinions, no matter how absurd these opinions may appear to others.”

Prince George, Canada

#243595 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't present exactly what Christ said about hell. Until you do we are only talking about other's impressions and I only take Christ's word.
If Jesus' father was a murderer of his own children, and Jesus came on his father's behalf, then Jesus agreed with his father.

If that were not so, Jesus would have contradicted his father.

The dogmas are a consistent mess of lies written by ignorant hairy ape-like men that probably heard voices rattling around in their own heads.

Prince George, Canada

#243596 Dec 5, 2012
Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still.

Dale Carnegie

Prince George, Canada

#243597 Dec 5, 2012
If you don't believe that Joseph Smith saw visions and heard voices transmitted by deities, then why would you believe other men or women saw visions and heard voices that were transmitted by deities???

I don't dismiss just one of these illusionists ... I dismiss them one and all.

Prince George, Canada

#243598 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My reality, faith, belief, whatever you want to call it. I don't believe what a lot of zealots say on either side. My life and my questions lead me to believe that there is a God.
You don't question what you believe is fact. If you did, you would have to deal with the inconsistencies, and you don't go there.

You just claim there IS a god and he loves everybody.

You're stuck in your own flavor of religious mental bondage and that is where you choose to stay.

Prince George, Canada

#243599 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe what a lot of zealots say on either side.
Why do you believe that YOU are not a religious zealot, and yet you perceive that others ARE religious zealots?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243600 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus' father was a murderer of his own children, and Jesus came on his father's behalf, then Jesus agreed with his father.
If that were not so, Jesus would have contradicted his father.
The dogmas are a consistent mess of lies written by ignorant hairy ape-like men that probably heard voices rattling around in their own heads.
Do you consider all deaths a murder by God? We all have an expiration date, we just don't know when it is.

Prince George, Canada

#243601 Dec 5, 2012
Such a "loving" god ... sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

We have seen that Isaiah envisions the same scene following the Lord’s slaughter of sinners at the end of the world (Is 66:24).

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243602 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that YOU are not a religious zealot, and yet you perceive that others ARE religious zealots?
Because I am not, but some of the crap you print is written by people who are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 13 min NorCal Native 108
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 31 min Chantel 33,189
News Pat Robertson Raves About Rubio's 'Strong' Anti... 39 min swedenforever 6
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 50 min Fa-Foxy 50
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr NorCal Native 5,621
Josh Duggar 1 hr Hugely Hung Hetero 15
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 59,892
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 7 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 258
More from around the web