Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,399)

Showing posts 207,961 - 207,980 of219,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Had their been no religion, there would be no need for so many members of clergy to believe their lives are of no worth to god or humanity.

Suicides abound!

What a shame!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Popular priest found dead in rectory

Moreno was&#8201 ;well known for work with city police

The Rev. Joseph F. Moreno Jr., 54, was found dead in his room shortly before 4 p.m., police said. Several sources said he committed suicide.

“He’s extremely, extremely well beloved,” Monsignor David G. LiPuma, priest secretary to Bishop Richard J. Malone and vice chancellor of the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, told reporters Saturday.“He never said no to anyone, and he was there for every person at every station in life, whatever they needed. He seemed to always be present and always be able to help people in one way or another.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you understand situations so clearly. I can't tell you how much damage the church did to me regarding GUILT. They do it on purpose, knowing it's a powerful controller. Guilt ruled my life for many years; in part I was born with a guilt complex but the church reinforced it and it took years to heal from that. However, I bet none of the pedophile priests experienced guilt - they simply justified/rationalized their horrible crimes against children.
I "try" to understand, but whether I do understand is simply a matter of opinion.

Humans are not born with a guilt complex. They are taught when they should and should not feel guilt. And all cultures vary about the reasons to inject guilt into vulnerable followers.

From my perception, often those who feel inadequate about their own worth, will do their damnedest to make other people feel just as inadequate.

Priests probably felt a lot of guilt, and that is in part why they inadvertently shared their guilt with you.

Without their belief that after death they will be made whole by Jesus, they did not and cannot perceive themselves as whole people, and that type of mindset is often shared with others.

It's the nature of those in religious cults to put others down below their own levels, or at least keep them at the same self-perceived level, in order to put themselves up closer to their concepts of what they perceive as the complete enlightenment of their divine entity or entities.

We all yearn for the best for ourselves, and when people add religion to that selfish yearning ... it always (in my opinion) adds up to no good.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Some members of clergy give and give and give, until one day their wells run dry and they can give no more.

My guess is, many, for that reason, ended their own lives.

The right of the self to say "NO" is often ignored because it is perceived as selfishness ... when it is more often about self-preservation.

I have no problem to say no to people who would in the reversed-case also have no problem with saying "NO" and adding the idea that they haven't got the TIME to help, as they are "busy."

Members of clergy are taught to be servants of GOD, and members of congregations take advantage of the teaching!

It is another way of holding the preachers hostage.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I knew one woman who never had much to donate to the church, but she took the food hampers willingly as she smoked cigarettes, and lived a life of comfort.

She went to church faithfully, and behind their backs made fun of the people, and expected the minister to be at her beck and call ... which he WAS, as was his "duty."

She knew how to play "god's" system to her own advantage.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't tell you how much damage the church did to me regarding GUILT. They do it on purpose, knowing it's a powerful controller. Guilt ruled my life for many years; in part I was born with a guilt complex but the church reinforced it and it took years to heal from that. However, I bet none of the pedophile priests experienced guilt - they simply justified/rationalized their horrible crimes against children.
I suggest you take responsibility for at least part of your guilt, as you allowed them to convince you that you were in deed a "bad sinner."

My father was raised under strict Catholic doctrine, but although frightened for a while that he might end up burning in hell for leaving Catholicism, he overcame his fear and left the church to its own guilt.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

All of this drivelling nonsense could have been avoided if religion was never brought to earth as institutions created out of fantasy.

I suggest that humans are selfish as are all other animals, but are as whole at birth as at death, and the in-between part of the journey is at least in part, up to the individual.

If you wish to treat others as you want to be treated, you must recognize that being selfish is not a bad thing unless taken to complete selfishness, which will often create war within and without.

And war within causes war without, just as war without, causes war without.

Fantasy created to serve the self is religion ... and make no mistake about the trouble it has, does, and will cause.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you take responsibility for at least part of your guilt, as you allowed them to convince you that you were in deed a "bad sinner."
My father was raised under strict Catholic doctrine, but although frightened for a while that he might end up burning in hell for leaving Catholicism, he overcame his fear and left the church to its own guilt.
Spanking was common in such households.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

An institution, where the basic teaching is ... "humans are born in sin," OR "fall short of the mark of perfection," will have a slim chance of making humans feel at ease with the teaching.

And if they were to teach that humans are born whole ... the religious institutions would die from lack of followers.

My father believed he would have to incarnate more times to be as enlightened as those teachers in the Rosicrucian Order, who relied on him believing that they owned "knowledge" that he did not yet possess.

All preachers hope for the same "adornment" from their followers.

Don't be fooled by them. If they knew truth-absolute, they would BE in the hereafter travelling in sublime company. They would not BE on earth keeping company with us dim-witted mortals.

Preachers are NOT so generous as to want to stay on earth, when they could be travelling at HIGH speeds of vibrations with the perfected deities.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Spanking was common in such households.
God wants people spanked and punished on earth to prepare them for hell. "Spare the rod and spoil the child," was one of the favorite scriptures that allowed those in religion to beat the shit out of the kids at every turn of the biblical pages.

Religion is NOT good!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Spanking was common in such households.
When the following nonsense bothers you more than salvation pleases you, you might have the courage to throw your bible into the gargage and learn to show respect for those who are homosexual.

It you don't ... from my perspective ... the onus is on you!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In his classic Notes on the State of Virginia (1785), Jefferson remarked how “unfortunate” it was that it had pleased God to make Africans black

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

garbage

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

And even though Mother Teresa let on that if she became a saint, she would come back to rescue sinners, I don't believe that she wanted any more to do with earth whatsoever.

A person who states flat-out that she yearns to die and be with "god,", as did "Mother" ... has no longing to come back to earth for another round of what she already had experienced.

She no-doubt aligned her saintliness with that of Jesus ... but my guess is, she had no yearnings to go through the suffering she allotted to the image of Jesus.

It was all about preaching "how to get to heaven, you had to follow in the footsteps of Mother Teresa."

She couldn't SEE her own arrogance ... simply because she was "living" it, nurturing it, and loving it.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Well the latest saddest news out of the CDC and once again it proves the gay lifestyle is extremely dangerous not only to your health, but your soul.

" Frieden said one reason for the higher rates of infection among young gay and bisexual men of all races was a higher rate of risky behaviors compared with their heterosexual peers.

According to the report, a large analysis of risk behaviors among high school students revealed that gay and bisexual males are much more likely to have multiple sex partners, to inject illegal drugs and to use alcohol or drugs before sex. They are much less likely to use condoms."

http://news.yahoo.com/infected-unaware-hiv-hi...

This report would be more accurate if it told the whole truth and that is that no matter what age, gays are more likely to have multiple sex partners, inject illegal drugs and use alcohol or drugs before sex!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

DayStorm wrote:
Well the latest saddest news out of the CDC and once again it proves the gay lifestyle is extremely dangerous not only to your health, but your soul.
" Frieden said one reason for the higher rates of infection among young gay and bisexual men of all races was a higher rate of risky behaviors compared with their heterosexual peers.
According to the report, a large analysis of risk behaviors among high school students revealed that gay and bisexual males are much more likely to have multiple sex partners, to inject illegal drugs and to use alcohol or drugs before sex. They are much less likely to use condoms."
http://news.yahoo.com/infected-unaware-hiv-hi...
This report would be more accurate if it told the whole truth and that is that no matter what age, gays are more likely to have multiple sex partners, inject illegal drugs and use alcohol or drugs before sex!
Why don't you go preach your ever-so-holy sermon at some heterosexuals who enjoy swinging parties???

Do you peak in THEIR windows to see if they are breaking god's rules by wearing condoms, etc?

Do married men having sex with other men's wives and vice versa get away with their SINS, or are they allowed to break your "moral" code simply because they are heterosexual?

You maybe should check first with "god," as the pope avoids these "sticky" issues whenever possible.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

People used to be put to death for committing adultery ... but if the preachers tried that NOW, many of them would have to give themselves the death penalty.

Silly people and their "moral" codes!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go preach your ever-so-holy sermon at some heterosexuals who enjoy swinging parties???
Do you peak in THEIR windows to see if they are breaking god's rules by wearing condoms, etc?
Do married men having sex with other men's wives and vice versa get away with their SINS, or are they allowed to break your "moral" code simply because they are heterosexual?
You maybe should check first with "god," as the pope avoids these "sticky" issues whenever possible.
:)
Why don't you quit commiserating with evil and promoting it? Why don't you get yourself right with God? Why do you hang out your entire life on the internet posting against Christians?

You're like a little child that whines that two wrongs make a right! Instead of addressing the elephant in the room as our youth are corrupted by this perversion and their lives are at stake over it!

Instead, you want everyone to turn a blind eye to this monstrosity. I guess people like you won't be happy until the whole world has AIDS!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Sesame Street wanted to be gay friendly. I guess they got more than they bargained for with Elmo!

"The man behind the beloved character Elmo became embroiled in a sex scandal earlier this month after he was accused of having relations with a 16-year-old male seven years ago, when Clash was 45. The allegations were subsequently recanted, but a second man, Cecil Singleton, claimed he had a sexual phone chat with the star in 1993 when he was only 15, and he sued Clash for $5 million."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...

We can see why gay people want the age of consent lowered!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God wants people spanked and punished on earth to prepare them for hell. "Spare the rod and spoil the child," was one of the favorite scriptures that allowed those in religion to beat the shit out of the kids at every turn of the biblical pages.
Religion is NOT good!
The ROD is God you moron. If you knew anything about the Bible...

Looks like someone spared the rod on you and spoiled you ROTTEN.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Talk about nuts!

Cross dresser cooks his wife!

A man known to stroll his California neighborhood dressed as a woman has been accused of cooking the flesh and bones of his 73-year-old murdered wife.

According to police in Oceanside, north of San Diego, Anna Faris was found dead in her home at 11:10 a.m. Friday after neighbors reported a foul odor coming from the residence.

When officers went inside the home, they said they found the dismembered remains of the deceased woman cooking in pans in the couple's kitchen.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/22/15...

First a man likes to dress in women's clothes and next he fries up his wife. Nice, really nice. And they say there's nothing wrong here?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
People used to be put to death for committing adultery ... but if the preachers tried that NOW, many of them would have to give themselves the death penalty.
Silly people and their "moral" codes!!!
Yep.. silly moral codes! Hey, let's put them all away and then maybe you'll get AIDS too June! Won't that be fun? Or maybe a loved one you don't want to impose any morals on will die during an abortion or get HIV.

You never stop to think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 207,961 - 207,980 of219,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 min Frankie Rizzo 1,916
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 15,608
A Timeline of Gay Sex Through the Ages 57 min david traversa 4
When did you realize you were gay? (Aug '07) 1 hr Matt 796
Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach T... 1 hr Homostats 19
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr River Tam 50,852
Singapore pulls book about gay penguins from li... 1 hr Homostats 14
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••