Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#242994 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave that impression when you stated the following verbatim ... "I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!"
That may have been the impression YOU got, but that's because you're skewed, and have no sense of humor. It wasn't the impression she gave.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#242995 Nov 29, 2012
I usually explain if I mean things as sarcasm, or tongue-in-cheek, or as a joke, etc., so that others will know my intent.

Written language is indeed tricky, as there are no facial expressions, or tones of voice to take into consideration of what the person means to express.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#242996 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I usually explain if I mean things as sarcasm, or tongue-in-cheek, or as a joke, etc., so that others will know my intent.
Written language is indeed tricky, as there are no facial expressions, or tones of voice to take into consideration of what the person means to express.
It a'nt not easy to do.

“Trolls in love with Peaches!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#242997 Nov 29, 2012
Peaches passing thru. Any problems let me know!

Prince George, Canada

#242998 Nov 29, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>It a'nt not easy to do.
It's not easy for me anyway.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#242999 Nov 29, 2012
Peaches from Houston wrote:
Peaches passing thru. Any problems let me know!
How are things in the land of the sock-puppets???

Prince George, Canada

#243000 Nov 29, 2012
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.
I felt for the longest time I've been living in this Catholic enclosure like a box. It was a very comforting place to be.
Everything is black or white. They are no grays even to think or suggest there could be I would believe it was the devil tempting me.
Now when I questioned the teachings of the Catholic Church about stuff like birth control, homosexuality or even gays in the priesthood etc...I find myself out of that Catholic box and treated as a threat to all who follow strongly the Catholic teachings.
I'm learning not to let it get to me.
Sorry Estelle. My mistake about Morgana's intended use of Tarot cards.

I misunderstood.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243001 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not easy for me anyway.
'Yea---somebodies in my tater pach! Done went and took my woman from me! Been mistreated baby,Lordy,Lordy feel like I'm gona cry!'

'Oh baby standing in the doorway wait'in for you to come a'round.

You treat me so low-down,won't you come back home to me!'

Rice Crispy Jumper 2012

Prince George, Canada

#243002 Nov 29, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>'Yea---somebodies in my tater pach! Done went and took my woman from me! Been mistreated baby,Lordy,Lordy feel like I'm gona cry!'
'Oh baby standing in the doorway wait'in for you to come a'round.
You treat me so low-down,won't you come back home to me!'
Rice Crispy Jumper 2012
AHHH well ... I suggest that you look at this way. If they can't see the good in you, you can at least see the bad in them!

Therapy class from time immemorial!

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#243003 Nov 29, 2012
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.
I felt for the longest time I've been living in this Catholic enclosure like a box. It was a very comforting place to be.
Everything is black or white. They are no grays even to think or suggest there could be I would believe it was the devil tempting me.
Now when I questioned the teachings of the Catholic Church about stuff like birth control, homosexuality or even gays in the priesthood etc...I find myself out of that Catholic box and treated as a threat to all who follow strongly the Catholic teachings.
I'm learning not to let it get to me.
Don't let it get to you!

I went down this road when I was 17, it took awhile to shake it and I still have great discussions with family members about the bible in general. I find the most devout have never read the book. Those who have claim to take it rather lightly but still profess belief.

Guess I can't understand that.

After reading the book for myself I determined it was authored by men with ZERO divine
intervention .

Minneapolis

#243004 Nov 29, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. You and Estelle were getting along. June can't stand it when other posters get along. So, since your words as they were could not be used in an attempt to make you and Estelle argue about something, June twisted them into something she thought she could use.
It just won't work.

I am not going to argue with Estelle at all. I don't think Estelle will be up for it either!:)

Minneapolis

#243005 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And now I "get" what you meant. You tried to scare the religious ones away by bringing out the Tarot cards that you were certain would offend them.
Gothcha!... My misinterpretation of what you meant. I apologize.
No problem!

On a devious note I do find it entertaining that "some" people" are afraid of a deck of cards.

Some people are afraid of the Ouija Board...I have a couple of them also....very handy items!

Prince George, Canada

#243006 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem!
On a devious note I do find it entertaining that "some" people" are afraid of a deck of cards.
Some people are afraid of the Ouija Board...I have a couple of them also....very handy items!
Thank you.

I don't entertain myself with any of those things.

To me, those articles are about trying to manipulate energy, and I don't believe that energy is anything to take for granted.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243007 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
To me, those articles are about trying to manipulate energy, and I don't believe that energy is anything to take for granted.
I don't blame you for being spooked.

There are some things we humans are not suppose to know.

Prince George, Canada

#243008 Nov 29, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>I don't blame you for being spooked.
There are some things we humans are not suppose to know.
I've played cards such as bridge, etc.... but the cards to which I refer that I avoid, are tarot cards.

I don't go to psychics either. Not because I fear them, but rather because I don't trust them to know that what they see is real. Playing with fantasies can lead to big trouble.

I knew of one woman who would hardly leave her home unless she first checked with her psychic. She became obsessed with fantasy.

And from my perception, once people believe they can know the future, they are not at all trustworthy.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243009 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've played cards such as bridge, etc.... but the cards to which I refer that I avoid, are tarot cards.
I don't go to psychics either. Not because I fear them, but rather because I don't trust them to know that what they see is real. Playing with fantasies can lead to big trouble.
I knew of one woman who would hardly leave her home unless she first checked with her psychic. She became obsessed with fantasy.
And from my perception, once people believe they can know the future, they are not at all trustworthy.
June,June. No one can know the future except God,or maybe a time traveler...but that's another kettle of fish.

Minneapolis

#243010 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
June, if you are afraid of your energy being manipulated better not leave the house, turn on a TV, view a movie or anything else.

Anything and everything can manipulate energy, thought is energy. Critical thinking lowers the possibility of manipulation.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#243011 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Estelle. My mistake about Morgana's intended use of Tarot cards.
I misunderstood.
No problem.
I figured it was only a matter of time June you would get this Tarot card stuff figured out.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#243012 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I thought Nancy Reagan was an embarrassment to our whole country because of her strong but ridiculous belief in horoscopes. What was next for her? Tarot cards? Reading tea leaves? A "First Lady" making a complete fool of herself. I have a crystal ball - I do NOT believe in things like that, it's just cute :)

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#243013 Nov 30, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let it get to you!
I went down this road when I was 17, it took awhile to shake it and I still have great discussions with family members about the bible in general. I find the most devout have never read the book. Those who have claim to take it rather lightly but still profess belief.
Guess I can't understand that.
After reading the book for myself I determined it was authored by men with ZERO divine
intervention .

You started at 17 to questioned all this Bible stuff and the Roman Catholic Church. Good for you.
Sadly I was in my 50's.
First there was those women's issues and I believe what got me questioning more than ever was when my adult son said to me: "Mom, I'm gay".

I was stun to learn on my own that the Roman Catholic Church had many many gay priests/clergy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 7 min NorCal Native 5,191
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 16 min Lickalotta Lulu 73
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 18 min WasteWater 26,913
After 30 years, AIDS has become a 'Black disease' (Jun '11) 20 min Peas and Carrots 38
Day After Christmas NE Jade Thread 23 min Newton 2
Creep of the Week: Pat Robertson 34 min Peas and Carrots 18
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min Jonah1 51,287
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 45 min NorCal Native 3,048
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr KiMerde 6,101
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Enrico Salvatore ... 68,591
More from around the web