Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
207,821 - 207,840 of 219,425 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#242975 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
By the pope's own admission, he believes that homosexuals are disordered and intrinsically evil.
If the absolute power had not been removed from the popes, my guess is, this pope would be ordering the death of homosexuals.
And the Protestants in Thomas Jefferson's era were also for putting homosexuals to death.
Religion is NOT good!
Religion is greatly abused :(

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#242976 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AHHHH now Bitner, you didn't grab that goddess of love out of the sky, so you must have read about her wonderful character in a book somewhere, or you were taught that specific belief by another Wiccan!
You certainly didn't get your belief of a completely loving goddess from Gardner's books.
:)
More deflection from June, because she said something incredibly stupid earlier. No great surprise.

And actually, neither is true, Extremist. Your either/or attitude is serving you poorly.
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#242977 Nov 29, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>I see what you mean.
They do tend to get carried away a little.
Faith is sometimes hard to contain.
I hope if you ever find what's right for you,that you take it easy at your age and stick to baking your fudge cake.
Faith--

Definition--

Faith is believing, that which you ought to know is false, on account of intellectual sloth.

Economist

Grand Island, NY

#242978 Nov 29, 2012
Bitner wrote:
Like I said earlier, just another day of lies and irrelevancies from June. With some deflection thrown in.
It's what she does whenever she's back herself into another corner with her stupidity.
*Yawn*
Bitter

She administers another dose of her freshly brewed vitriol.

Pitiful creature.
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#242979 Nov 29, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not tired. Your posts are tedious, that's all.
I don't have a "goddess book of love". What ARE you babbling about, Lunatic?
The Bitter witch spews forth more more of her venom.

The Witch's Defense League ought to rein her in.

She is giving the practicers of witchcraft a bad reputation.

Pitiful characterture of a witch.

Economist

Grand Island, NY

#242980 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
By the pope's own admission, he believes that homosexuals are disordered and intrinsically evil.
If the absolute power had not been removed from the popes, my guess is, this pope would be ordering the death of homosexuals.
And the Protestants in Thomas Jefferson's era were also for putting homosexuals to death.
Religion is NOT good!
June

On balance, religion is positively EVIL !!
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#242981 Nov 29, 2012
Another EVIL, foisted upon women by religion, is this military ban being fought by a brave Congresswoman.

"A Message from Congresswoman Louise Slaughter

On June 2, 2011, I introduced H.R. 2085, the Military Access to Reproductive Care and Health (MARCH) for Military Women Act, which would provide America’s women in uniform with the same rights to reproductive choice as most other employees of the federal government.

Specifically, the legislation would lift the statutory ban that denies U.S. servicewomen coverage for abortion care in cases of rape or incest and lift the statutory ban that prevents women in the military from using private funds to access abortion services at U.S. military facilities. 

As our servicewomen risk their lives defending our country, it is deeply unfair that they are denied the rights of the Constitution that they defend. Imagine a victim of rape on a United States military base overseas, being denied abortion coverage, and then having to turn to a potentially unsafe local facility. It’s preposterous and incredibly unjust to the women who serve our country so proudly each day. 

Currently, the health coverage provided to servicewomen fails to cover abortion, even in the case of rape or incest.

This is unlike most other women receiving health care from the federal government including Medicare recipients, federal employees not in the military, and women receiving care through the Indian Health Services, all of whom can receive abortions in the case of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother.

Every woman should have access to comprehensive health care coverage. At the very least, women in the military should not receive lesser care than other women with government insurance. 

Additionally, servicewomen are not allowed to pay for abortion services with their own funds in military medical facilities. They were afforded this right until 1988, when the Department of Defense rescinded it.

Women serving overseas are perhaps most affected by this policy, as they may be forced to rely on unsafe local facilities. Failing that, a servicewoman would need to request permission from her supervisor to leave her combat mission and return to the United States or another country where abortion care is available. 

Department of Defense statistics show that 3,158 sexual assaults were reported in the military in fiscal year 2010. While shocking, that statistic only reflects a fraction of the sexual assaults, due to under-reporting in the military.

Indeed, the Defense Task Force on Sexual Assault in the Military Services report estimated that as many as 90 percent of sexual assaults go unreported. After a woman is assaulted, she should not have to fight to receive medical services such as an abortion. 

Rest assured I will continue fighting for the rights of our selfless military servicewomen that put their lives on the line to defend our country. 

Sincerely,

Louise M. Slaughter"

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#242982 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belong to a religion. Again, I have my own personal beliefs.
I have friends who are self practicing Wiccans along with some coven members and friends who are Druids, none of these people wish to enforce their beliefs on anyone. I also have some Christian friends who feel the same.
I would think you would thank those that do rub salt, or walk away from these institutions (but remain vocal against them) that wish to impose their beliefs on the general public through law?
Are you asking for silence in opposition? Sorry, you are not making sense to me.
If you have religious beliefs, you are a leader of your own private personalized religious cult.

It only takes one to be in a religious cult. However, it's always comforting when others join in to believe as you believe.

As has been posted on this forum, many Catholics take pride in high numbers.

They seem to sense ... or maybe god told them that if many believe one way ... they are sure to be on the RIGHT (righteous) track.

Since: Apr 08

Innisfil, Canada

#242983 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like our experiences as recovering catholics were much a like!
I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!
I hear you! I would totally freak out if a CC priest came anywhere near me in my last hours, I guess I would equally freak him out considering the language I would use against him!! LOL!! I would not be able to help myself :)
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.

I felt for the longest time I've been living in this Catholic enclosure like a box. It was a very comforting place to be.
Everything is black or white. They are no grays even to think or suggest there could be I would believe it was the devil tempting me.
Now when I questioned the teachings of the Catholic Church about stuff like birth control, homosexuality or even gays in the priesthood etc...I find myself out of that Catholic box and treated as a threat to all who follow strongly the Catholic teachings.

I'm learning not to let it get to me.

Prince George, Canada

#242984 Nov 29, 2012
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
June
On balance, religion is positively EVIL !!
I don't believe in evil, as that word smacks of religion. But I certainly don't believe that re-lying on religious fantasy ... one's own, or what has been handed down from others, leads up to anything good.

HIstory proved over and over and over, that those who created religious fantasies, always favored their own fantasies over the religious fantasies of those in other cults ... and no amount of modern thinking can change that ancient blight that still imposes itself on humanity.

Prince George, Canada

#242985 Nov 29, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is greatly abused :(
Religion can't BE abused. It has no power in and of itself.

It is the right-fighters in cults that bring it to life with their false images of gods and goddesses.

Wicca is a prime example. Gardner's goddess was a homophobe. He created the goddess that way so she would reflect his own homophobic belief.

All human-creators of images created religion by the same "tokens" of arrogance.

They looked in their mirrors, and said to themselves ... "This is the way it ought to be, and "I" will go forth and see that it comes to pass!!!"

Prince George, Canada

#242986 Nov 29, 2012
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you would have a greater insight than those who haven't had that Catholic background.
Estelle ... Morgana DID come from the same Catholic background as did you ... and now she puts faith in tarot cards.

Do you agree that that is a good idea?

Prince George, Canada

#242987 Nov 29, 2012
Many people hop and bounce from one religious practise to another, The attitude for many of the discontents is explained as, "It might be fine for others ... but it didn't fit for me."

Maybe a song to express such sentiments is in order.

Prince George, Canada

#242988 Nov 29, 2012
tarot gone wrong

I have been a reader for 16 yrs. Last summer I decided to start charging 20 dollars a reading to help me get through the summertime. Then I read for someone I barely knew. She was incredibly nice and very open to it, but I worked with her and I was a little nervous. I read her cards and told her that she would not have children for a very long time, if ever. I felt so bad that the reading was so heartbreaking for her that I offered to read her again since I may have been wrong cause I was so nervous. I read her again a month later, same results. Then 3 months later, she was pregnant. This happened over a yr ago and it has been very hard to get over that reading and continue to do readings. I decided to stop charging (I had not charged for 15 yrs) but I still have problems with confidence ever since. It was the only reading I had ever done that was just completly wrong.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/u/ua/tarot/Worst...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#242989 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Estelle ... Morgana DID come from the same Catholic background as did you ... and now she puts faith in tarot cards.
Do you agree that that is a good idea?
Exactly where did I say I put "faith" in Taro cards?

Definition of FAITH

a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

Actually I collect them.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#242990 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
Actually I collect them.
It's very simple. You and Estelle were getting along. June can't stand it when other posters get along. So, since your words as they were could not be used in an attempt to make you and Estelle argue about something, June twisted them into something she thought she could use.

Prince George, Canada

#242991 Nov 29, 2012
The world renowned psychic Sylvia Brown informed parents that their young son was dead. He was very much alive.

I suggest that those who claim to see in a clear manner, might believe they are right, when they could be very wrong.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Prince George, Canada

#242992 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
You gave that impression when you stated the following verbatim ... "I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!"

Prince George, Canada

#242993 Nov 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of FAITH
Actually I collect them.
And now I "get" what you meant. You tried to scare the religious ones away by bringing out the Tarot cards that you were certain would offend them.

Gothcha!... My misinterpretation of what you meant. I apologize.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#242994 Nov 29, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave that impression when you stated the following verbatim ... "I took an interest in Taro cards after knowing a woman who read and was VERY accurate.
All I had to do was bring out the Taro cards to clear the room of religious riff raff, I found that to be quite handy!!"
That may have been the impression YOU got, but that's because you're skewed, and have no sense of humor. It wasn't the impression she gave.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Frankie Rizzo 54,864
Single Women Raise Gay Sons: Pat Robertson short 15 min Rosa_Winkel 14
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 23 min Frankie Rizzo 537
Biggest Gay Lies 29 min NE Jade 1,664
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 37 min KiMare 24,881
Gay taunts 'a little bit like racism' 37 min NE Jade 9
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 40 min WeTheSheeple 36
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 1 hr dduttonnc 398
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 2 hr Wondering 96
•••