Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217512 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#245865 Dec 30, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>A lot about insurance.
Well, as I see it ... your insurance policy can rest on your lack of morals.

I am repulsed at a religion that would revel at the thought of others burning in hell.

If you didn't GET a THRILL out of the thought, you would opt OUT of the religious cult ... post haste.

NO preacher ever managed to convince me that such thoughts were aligned to common sense. NOT A CHANCE!

Shame on you Jumper ... that you would sell others out as fodder for hell, and believe that YOU will go to a heaven.

I wish you peace ... and by that, I mean I hope you come to grips with peace by opting out of such a religion.

Quesnel, Canada

#245866 Dec 30, 2012
If people can find peace in a religion where they believe that others will burn in hell, or be separated from love of a deity for eternity ... there's something very wrong with them.

VERY Wrong!

How can you fall so far short of self-respect?

HOW???

I suggest you grow some backbones and stand against such stupidity.

Quesnel, Canada

#245867 Dec 30, 2012
Women (in countries such as Ireland, where the ignorance of Catholicism still holds sway over common sense), should be alerted in concern with the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Abortion

Only ignorance about what the Catholic Church has decided and not yet repealed all over the world on the subject of baptism and mothers has kept, and continues to keep, many pregnant women from panicking. Moral theologians used to discuss constantly just how far the confessor had to inform mothers about their duty to sacrifice their earthly life for the eternal life of their child, and whether they should be enlightened about their obligation to let themselves be cut open for the sake of baptizing their dying child. For the most part they advised that , since their own lives were in danger, the mothers need not be informed, in case they should not consent to their duty and thus die in mortal sin. It was a humane feature of an inhumane morality of human sacrifice to conceal, on occasion, its unmerciful principles.

Quesnel, Canada

#245868 Dec 30, 2012
The death in Ireland of a woman whose repeated requests for an abortion were turned down - reportedly because “this is a Catholic country”- has sparked international protests and condemnation.

Particularly tight restrictions on abortion lead thousands of Irishwomen to travel to Britain each year for terminations.

But attempts over decades to liberalise the law, or to clarify it, have not been successful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...

Quesnel, Canada

#245869 Dec 30, 2012
To "clarify" that the lives of the women should come first, would mean the men of the church would have to admit they were WRONG, and that would take them to another turn in the road. To admit that they were wrong, would mean that for centuries they have been speaking NOT on behalf of a god, but right from their own prejudices against women, in favor of saving fetuses, or at least baptizing them for the supposed hereafter ... while ignoring the women.

What a conundrum! Meanwhile ... as usual ... women pay the price.

Quesnel, Canada

#245870 Dec 30, 2012
Each culture sets their own religious RULES which has nothing whatsoever to do with gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson

Indians of the Amazon Basin will kill a malformed infant at birth, out of the belief that the infant is a “spirit” child, with a god as a father.

Quesnel, Canada

#245871 Dec 30, 2012
If a god blesses ignorance, that means that if the god exists ... the god is ignorant.

And to worship ignorant gods ... the people have to be ignorant.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#245872 Dec 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Homosexuality has been in all cultures through history. Some accepted homosexuality as normal and some vilified being homosexual as evil.
I see no evil anywhere. I see mortal humans trying to get through each day hoping to receive no harrassment from others.
What a nice world it would be ... with no religious bullying.
Being left-handed was considered to be evil in ancient times.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#245874 Dec 30, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>'Ooops!' Now you tell me.
LOL - how you been? Did you get my Christmas greeting? I've missed you.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#245875 Dec 31, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Homosexuality has been in all cultures through history. Some accepted homosexuality as normal and some vilified being homosexual as evil.
I see no evil anywhere. I see mortal humans trying to get through each day hoping to receive no harrassment from others.
What a nice world it would be ... with no religious bullying.
There are many gays in the Catholic priesthood. Some follow celibacy and many others do not.

A former seminarian agree with what I stated and he further added 'that there is a drop in priest vocation because gay Catholic men can now be who they are, they don't have to hide in the priesthood any more.'

From my experience many priests may not admit they are gay because of the strong indoctrination of their Roman Catholic faith. Also it may be a survival tactic to protect themselves.

It's one thing for these men to deny who they are but what is bad is when they let their denial and insecurity come through and play mind games with their followers spiritual life. Especially mothers of gay children. They even have other priest willing to help them cover their immature and insecure self.

The only way I learned about this is through a personal experience with a closet gay priest.

I came to realize that this priest was really scared and I came too close to his reality of him being gay.

My son and I were leaving the hospital Christmas Eve and on our way out we met that priest. We were both polite and just said hello.

My son was surprise to see him and me I was not because I knew it was only a matter of time I would eventually meet him again.

I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm happy I got closure.

The added bonus was my gay son was with me.

Delta, Canada

#245876 Dec 31, 2012
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many gays in the Catholic priesthood. Some follow celibacy and many others do not.
A former seminarian agree with what I stated and he further added 'that there is a drop in priest vocation because gay Catholic men can now be who they are, they don't have to hide in the priesthood any more.'
From my experience many priests may not admit they are gay because of the strong indoctrination of their Roman Catholic faith. Also it may be a survival tactic to protect themselves.
It's one thing for these men to deny who they are but what is bad is when they let their denial and insecurity come through and play mind games with their followers spiritual life. Especially mothers of gay children. They even have other priest willing to help them cover their immature and insecure self.
The only way I learned about this is through a personal experience with a closet gay priest.
I came to realize that this priest was really scared and I came too close to his reality of him being gay.
My son and I were leaving the hospital Christmas Eve and on our way out we met that priest. We were both polite and just said hello.
My son was surprise to see him and me I was not because I knew it was only a matter of time I would eventually meet him again.
I've got nothing to be ashamed of.
I'm happy I got closure.
The added bonus was my gay son was with me.
The tragedy of telling a lie, is that more lies will be told to cover up the first lie. And within the frameword of religion many people of gay orientation found that if they wanted to live, and/or protect their incomes, or not be shunned by their individual groups, they HAD to live the same lie that was told in the beginning.

Your son is a very fortunate man for several reasons. He lives in an era and a country where the law protects him (for the most part at least) from being killed ... and he lives in an era in this country where homosexuality is more and more being accepted as normal ... and that he has a mother that stood behind him rather than (as occurred in so very many cases), taking the side of the indoctrinated religion.

History is fraught with people who lived lies because of religion. Those who dared to be truthful suffered the consequences put upon them by the brutes in god-garbs.

Delta, Canada

#245877 Dec 31, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Being left-handed was considered to be evil in ancient times.
Again ... once a lie was started, the gossip spread far and wide, and those who were left-handed suffered the consequences. That's why religion is so very dangerous. People were inclined to be easily convinced that the gods were offended by human behavior,
and so it seemed natural for them to be offended by the same behavior as were the gods. And of course the results were what the theologians in power expected would occur. Armies of followers tortured and murdered the perceive evil-doers that they were certain offended the gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson

A result from psychology

In American culture we feel that things on the right are somehow better, more reliable, and stronger than things on the left.

To understand why we feel this way involves going into the languages and traditions of Western culture and asking about the symbolic history of ideas “right” and “left.” The word for “left’ in Latin is sinister, and the word for “right” is dexter.“Left” in our culture’s history has been associated with “evil” or “anomalous” or “dangerous”; while “right” is associated with the law (droit, the word for “law” in French, is derived from Latin dexter and “law” or “right”) In politics,“left” means “change society to new (sinister) forms, while “right” means “keep things as they are,” or “keep going straight ahead.” Even recently, parents used to give their left-handed children problems, and no end of moral misgiving over their “affliction.” They would often make them change to being right-handed, perhaps even doing harm to the psychological well-being of the child. This preference for right-handedness persists, even though it has been estimated that up to 10 percent of the people in America are naturally left-handed.

This system of logic by oppositions is by no means confined to our society or culture. It is found all over the world.

Delta, Canada

#245878 Dec 31, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>A lot about insurance.
Fueling my fire as you play the straight-man for my lines ... HUH Jumper???

You're quite the character.

My guess is, you're not even IN a religion.

Delta, Canada

#245879 Dec 31, 2012

Onanism

Every age has its own delusion. In the era we call the Enlightenment the delusion of onanism broke out. Onan, as we have seen, gave his name to coitus interruptus, but after 1710 his name was also applied—falsely—to masturbation. Christian morality outlawed onanism and ranked it among the unnatural, i.e., the gravest, sins in the sexual realm. Every ejaculation that cannot lead to procreation is considered unnatural, this onanism is a vice that according to Thomas Aquinas is worse than intercourse with one’s own mother (II/II q. 154 a. 11 and 12).

Delta, Canada

#245880 Dec 31, 2012
Theologians, because they earned their livelihood by spreading lies, had to keep more and more lies going to keep earning their "keep!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Onanism

The history of the medical delusion over onanism proved to be a positive windfall for Catholic moral theology. For the prospect of sickness in this world has a still stronger effect on many people than fear of hellfire. This gives the theologians, as the heralds of God’s will, both proofs and additional legitimization of their case. And thus the Catholic Church made good use of the medical errors about masturbation by churning out all sorts of pamphlets and treatises, especially for endangered young people. And anyone old enough to have gotten his moral theology from traditional Catholic sources might still be persuaded today that onanism preys upon the spinal cord, softens or dries up the brain, but in any case can make you sick.

Delta, Canada

#245881 Dec 31, 2012
It is my guess, that trying to be celibate, not succeeding, and then believing that a god would punish those who were not celibate, drove many people to madness and suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Onanism

The grand progenitor of masturbation anxiety, especially the fear of tabes dorsalis (a syphilitic disease of the nervous system), was the Greek physician Hippocrates (d. ca. 375 b.c.). He was not particularly concerned damning onanism, but with the bodily weakness brought on both by sexual intercourse and onanism. Emperor Marcus Aurelius’ personal physician, took the opposite tack, arguing that sexual intercourse and masturbation were good for maintaining one’s health and for protecting the body against poisons that break it down. Abstinence, he thought,led to tremors, convulsions, and madness.

Delta, Canada

#245882 Dec 31, 2012
For those who still believe that a god created the earth and all it's inhabitants, I suggest you ask yourselves this question.

If a god detested masturbation ... why a god would have created (for instance) monkeys that masturbate on a regular basis.

If you ask the pertinent questions, your religion will no longer make one whit of sense to you, and soon you will be able to climb out from under the loads of lies that probably still hold you in mental bondage.

You will feel a freedom that up until now you have never known.

Been there ... done that.

Delta, Canada

#245883 Dec 31, 2012
There is only one reason I spend hours each day on this forum.

I want you to know how it feels to not have to believe in any superstition whatsoever, and to feel free to make ALL of your own decisions that fits for you.

Theologians are in religion for their own agendas, and make no mistake about THAT issue. They don't have any more answers than do you or I, as mysteries still remain mysteries.

You can be kind without religion ... but with religion you will be confused by the lies that continue to hold you in bondage. And having been in religion, I can assure you, it lead to years and years of confusion for me, before I finally shed the last remnants of religion at 70 years of age.

I am here to share my experience. What you choose to believe is, of course, totally up to you.

If there is a god and the god is pure love, you won't need religion. And if the god exists and is not pure love, nothing you believe or do will guarantee that the god ever loved you or ever will love you.

No individual can possibly do better than the individual's personal best. You are whole as you are ... believe in your self and peace of mind and heart will be yours to own.

Delta, Canada

#245884 Dec 31, 2012
The idea that people murdered other people hoping a god would love them for that behavior, makes it very plain the lengths to which people will go to try to impress and encourage one or another supposed god to love THEM.

And those in such mindsets are still carrying on the same behavior today.

For blowing themselves and others sky-high with bombs, Muslims are certain that Allah will reward them with virgins.

Imagine the mindset of a Catholic believing that he was worried before he died that he hadn't killed enough "heretics" to please "god."

It was and is religion that caused such horrors on earth, and it won't end unless people stop believing in such nonsense.

Delta, Canada

#245885 Dec 31, 2012

Onanism

Borrowing from Galen, the Muslim philosopher Avicenna (d. 1037) later spoke of medical methods for advising onanism where sexual intercourse is not possible.

It remained for Christianity to banish masturbation from the sphere of medical discussion of the pros and cons, simply damning it as immoral. Then, starting in the seventeenth century this comdemnation was amplified with the worst sort of Hippocratic prognosis, so that onanism was viewed as causing disease in this life and eternal torment in the next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 11 min guest 269
News I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el... 41 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 32
News Alabama chief justice waits for judgment day on... 47 min Roy is da Man 34
News Popular Philadelphia Gay Bar Owner Under Fire F... 2 hr FedUp 3
News Trump also mocked Rosie O'Donnell for being gay... 2 hr what ever 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Terra Firma 18,590
News Anti-gay slur sparks protest on BC campus 3 hr FedUp 12
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr TomInElPaso 40,520
News Alabama chief justice removed from bench for de... 15 hr Synque 26
More from around the web