Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
207,121 - 207,140 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

When people in religions play with words, they use the words to their own advantages.

The ancients seemed to use the word "sorcerer" as one who knew and could connect with spiritual sources, hold conferences with the ones in power and make deals to protect the people in the specific cultures.

But at least some of the North American tribes, used the words medicine-man as honorary tributes, and sorcerers as evil-spirits that could bring sickness to the people.

Catholics used the word witch and heretic in the sense of evil-doers, and created the words pope, bishop, priest, etc. as honorary words.

What OH what would people do in their religions without words???
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many nuns now demand equal rights, and want to be members of the hierarchy.
In the old days, the men could keep them where the men were certain they belonged.
But the modern-day women are feminists, and they no longer want to take second-place to the men.
The goddesses are becoming cranky and unruly, as they also want their divine place in the sun, side by side with the men.
Religion is going all to hell!
:)
Funny...I thought Budda sat under a shade tree for 20 years.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Funny...I thought Budda sat under a shade tree for 20 years.
Wherever he sat, and for however long ... it didn't help him to figure out that he was just another mortal human full of nonsensical ideas that lead nowhere but to stupidity!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

To stretch the stories beyond any recognition of common sense, is the "calling" of those in religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

In fact, when an Indian medicine-man acquires or exercises his powers, the mythical protectors are a positive reality to him.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
To stretch the stories beyond any recognition of common sense, is the "calling" of those in religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
North America
In fact, when an Indian medicine-man acquires or exercises his powers, the mythical protectors are a positive reality to him.
My reality can't be no more messed up than yours.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

To an outside observer of such myths, they probably seem very strange ... but it seems that myths NEVER seem strange to those that invest faith IN the myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

North America

The fundamental antithesis is between life and death; it can be transposed by interpreting the first term as agriculture (source of life) and the second as war (source of death). A ‘mediatory notion’ between agriculture and war can be found in the idea of a scalp, since a scalp is ‘the harvest of war’; that is why, in myths, scalps produce dew.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>My reality can't be no more messed up than yours.
Not from your perspective! But from my perspective, unless you agree TOTALLY with my perspective, your perspective is a total mess!

Hahahahahahaha

Dealing with illusion is all about perspective and how illusion affects those with perspectives.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Albert Einstein

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge.

Stephen Hawking".

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Rick Santorum just seems out of touch on every issue, from rights for women and gays to the environment. "He's referred to climate change as a "hoax" and once said, "We were put on this Earth as creatures of God to have dominion over the Earth, to use it wisely and steward it wisely, but for our benefit not for the Earth's benefit."

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/blogs/science-matt...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

It's also difficult to take David Suzuki's environmental preaching in a serious manner ... as he pollutes just as much as the next person.

Damn this is a crazy world, and I'm doing my part to keep it that way.

Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
It's also difficult to take David Suzuki's environmental preaching in a serious manner ... as he pollutes just as much as the next person.
Damn this is a crazy world, and I'm doing my part to keep it that way.
Try playing the Beatles Revolution #9 backwards.

Now that's crazy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't study Wicca at all before I left and came back to this thread.
Your religion is also based on lies. Had you been a REAL Wiccan, you would be a homophobe as was Gerald Gardner.
Instead, you want to play cute and innocent, as do all people in preferential religious cults!
My guess is, you became a Wiccan to play at witch-games and have sex as it pleased you.
You never "studied" Wicca at all.

And I am a real Wiccan. You don't have the knowledge, experience, or authority to say otherwise.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
"Don't place my cult at a low scale as the low scale of other religions" threatens goddess Bitner.
What a pile of steaming manure!!!
She even threatened me with libel ... on a forum no less!!!
Stupid woman!
The only steaming pile of shit here is you, Liar.

I never said, or implied any such thing.

When I threatened you with libel, it wasn't for my religion. You libeled me, personally.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge.
Stephen Hawking".
I have no doubt you have misinterpreted his statement.
Peaches

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Happy turkey day.
Peaches

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever wonder why you write a capital on the word Christian, and not on the word Atheist???
Why did June write atheist in caps.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

As to the title of this thread....

The war is over.

Women and gays have won.

There is no sign that this trend will do anything but become stronger.

Maybe it's tome for the Catholic Church to start looking inward and clean up its own act?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The only steaming pile of shit here is you, Liar.
I never said, or implied any such thing.
When I threatened you with libel, it wasn't for my religion. You libeled me, personally.
Hahahahahah

Who could know who you are, as you simply have a psuedo name on the forum.

You take your religion as though it is based on truth.

Silly woman.

You follow what you want to believe of Gardner's mythological bullshit, and dis his bullshit about the goddess "cursing" homosexuals.

I dis all of his nonsense as bullshit, and that is what upsets your self-perceived, precious, reincarnated apple-cart!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Nowhere in my studies of ancient Paganism, have I yet to find the word "witch" in their mythologies.

They used the word "sorcerer."

My guess is, that the Christians in the later centuries, used the terminology of the word "witch" as a derogatory slam of evil against the Pagans as in "bewitched."

The Christians were as spooked-out at the European Pagan sorcerer's flamboyant claims, as they were about the claims of the North American Indian concerning the word medicine-men.

To the Christians, Jesus was perceived as the ONLY healer. All other terminology was perceived as stemming from the devil.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Old English verb wiccian has a cognate in Middle Low German wicken (attested from the 13th century, besides wichelen "to bewitch"). The further etymology of this word is problematic. It has no clear cognates in Germanic outside of English and Low German, and there are numerous possibilities for the Indo-European root from which it may have been derived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_ (etymology)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••