Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,356)

Showing posts 207,101 - 207,120 of219,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Such ignorance was and still is rife!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book, "The Way Our People Lived," ... An intimate American history, by William E. Woodward, published 1944, comes the following ...

The Puritan temperament was deeply tinctured with an inclination towards needless self-torture. Their ministers seldom preached of the joys of heaven; the emphasis in the sermon was laid on the tortures and terrors of hell. Jonathan Edwards-the most famous of colonial divines, declared that God takes delight in the suffering of poor lost sinners.

Those elected for goodness, having fought in this world against evil, would in the next life be lifted up to an infinite happiness; and, looking down out of heaven, they would realize their own ecstasy by contrasting it with the infinite misery of the sinners in the flames of hell.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you EVER call me a liar back then, before I studied Wicca???
Why were you ALWAYS happy to see and read my posts back then???
Why didn't you claim that I was mentally ill back then, before I studied Wicca???
Silly witch!!!
None of the above had anything to do with Wicca, which you NEVER "studied". You just went looking for ammo, because I DARED to ask you, nicely, not to paint all religions with the same broad brush. And the reason I didn't ask that before you came back, is for the simple reason that you DIDN'T do so before you left.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The devout believers were so afraid of offending a god ... again and again and again, they brutalized their own children ... many to death!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Lesbian Images by Jane Rule

Phylis Chesler includes a case in her “Women and Madness” of a woman who when she was ten years old, was given shock treatment for indulging in lesbian play.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above had anything to do with Wicca, which you NEVER "studied". You just went looking for ammo, because I DARED to ask you, nicely, not to paint all religions with the same broad brush. And the reason I didn't ask that before you came back, is for the simple reason that you DIDN'T do so before you left.
I didn't study Wicca at all before I left and came back to this thread.

Your religion is also based on lies. Had you been a REAL Wiccan, you would be a homophobe as was Gerald Gardner.

Instead, you want to play cute and innocent, as do all people in preferential religious cults!

My guess is, you became a Wiccan to play at witch-games and have sex as it pleased you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

"Don't place my cult at a low scale as the low scale of other religions" threatens goddess Bitner.

What a pile of steaming manure!!!

She even threatened me with libel ... on a forum no less!!!

Stupid woman!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The "brilliant" idea that a god was offended by masturbation was also a con-job put upon society by men with pens at the "ready."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the site ... Religious Tolerance.

None of the Apostolic Fathers wrote about masturbation.

The first mention of masturbation within the Catholic Church is found in sixth century CE penitentials. 1 These were books or a set of church rules concerning the sacrament of penance. They were first developed by priests as unofficial handbooks that gave standard penances for the most commonly confessed sins.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/masturba10 ....

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Penance of all types was taught so that believers would feel that a god wanted them punished.

The preachers and authors of the stupidity were the ones that wanted the followers punished.

Ridiculous blather from cruel humans.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The guilt and physical torture suffered by humans of all ages thoughout history because of the teachings of those in religion is without question the worst blight ever put upon humans.

And it continues and continues and continues ... without interruption!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Back in history the white Christians taught that blacks did not have "souls." It made it easy to capture those who were black and hold them in bondage as slaves. And the blind-sighted Christians with dollar-signs in their minds and ice in their hearts mentally ingested the words of the pulpit-pounding, truth-claiming preachers.
Then as those such as John Woolman (the Quaker) started to question that there was something wrong with how the scriptures were interpreted, other Christians started to question and ultimately most Christians believed that Blacks INDEED had and have "souls." YIPPEE!!!
Yet the Christians did not stop following other words of the Christian preachers in the idea that if they could be wrong about something that harmed SO many people ... maybe they could be wrong ... PERIOD!
The fact that the followers never said "Wait a minute now ... if blacks went from not having souls to having souls ... the preachers are not trustworthy!
And MEANwhile the black people paid the price for the white Christians that did not question the bible-wielding preachers.
What a shame!
June, I remember learning of that also; plus there was a time supposedly when they believed women didn't have souls either. What a mess, huh? Those teachings upheld by the "one, true church".
paul mshykora arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

...THERE Is ..''NO''..War on Women and Children,here,..tooooooooooooo oooo booooooooot...eh..(-)...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I remember learning of that also; plus there was a time supposedly when they believed women didn't have souls either. What a mess, huh? Those teachings upheld by the "one, true church".
All religion was and is created from human imagination, and so it can't help but BE crap and more crap.

Human imagination can't do anything but revolve around it's self.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

A team lead by Berta has now used the Hubble Space Telescope to determine that the planet is indeed like Neptune's younger brother. That means it's fairly loaded with water, and that has big implications for finding earthlike biology in unearthly places. But it took a lot of astronomical sleuthing — not to mention some counterintuitive thinking — to suss out the new planet's nature.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

By its very nature, religion can't adhere to any concept whatsoever that the universe was not created by deities, or one deity.

Humans of religion are stuck on the idea that they are special in one or another divine plan, and they need that mindset to keep their religions going.

Science without religion is not going to occur if those in religion keep demanding it has to be perceived their way!

And as most people are in religion ... my guess is, unless something astounding occurs in the field of science ... it WILL keep being perceived by the majority in religions their way as in ... "The universe was created ... PERIOD!"
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
By its very nature, religion can't adhere to any concept whatsoever that the universe was not created by deities, or one deity.
Humans of religion are stuck on the idea that they are special in one or another divine plan, and they need that mindset to keep their religions going.
Science without religion is not going to occur if those in religion keep demanding it has to be perceived their way!
And as most people are in religion ... my guess is, unless something astounding occurs in the field of science ... it WILL keep being perceived by the majority in religions their way as in ... "The universe was created ... PERIOD!"
'Yea,and then there's the one about the atheist and the nun.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The warriors depended on the medicine-men to take care of all things spiritual, and that gave the medicine-men complete power to make up the most ridiculous stories and get away with it, without being questioned.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

The power attributed to mythical beings has a direct bearing on the medicine-man’s magic; the protective spirits from whom the latter derives his authority are usually traditional heroes: Raven, Eagle, mythological characters who were the first to possess this ambivalent power to kill and cure.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>'Yea,and then there's the one about the atheist and the nun.
Did you ever wonder why you write a capital on the word Christian, and not on the word Atheist???

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Notice how Rock-woman's abilities were "given to her" ... rather comparable to the nuns who were "given" the ability to scrub the floors for the male hierarchy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

When the world began, in the words of a myth belonging to the Takelmas Indians in Oregon, a powerful mountain, the Old Rock-woman, was given the task of fighting the sorcerers (that is, evil spirits who sent sickness. She was given appropriate tools: a pot for boiling her enemies’ hearts, a poker for stirring the heart in the pot. She was taught the necessary songs.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The Buddha also believed that women had to reincarnate as men, or they could never make it to Nirvana.

Men had more brute strength, so it is common sense that the men were the leaders of the packs and the women knew their places.

The goddesses of ancient believers were soft and loving home maker-types, and if necessary could be supporters of their warrior husband-gods.

The gods and goddesses played the roles alotted to them by the story-tellers and/or script-writers in each culture.

The deities simply reflected what was going on IN the cultures of every era.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Because the people in general in Gardner's era were homophobic, Gardner's imaginary goddess reflected that homophobia.

Then the loose morals of 1960s overthrew Gardner's goddess and the wild pot-smoking believers replaced his goddess with their own goddess who didn't give a rat's ass who slept with whom, as long as it was consensual!

Again ... the imaginary goddess that morphed from one supposed point of view to another, simply reflected what was going on in the culture at the time.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Many nuns now demand equal rights, and want to be members of the hierarchy.

In the old days, the men could keep them where the men were certain they belonged.

But the modern-day women are feminists, and they no longer want to take second-place to the men.

The goddesses are becoming cranky and unruly, as they also want their divine place in the sun, side by side with the men.

Religion is going all to hell!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 207,101 - 207,120 of219,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••